JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. The Great Multitude

Pastor Ralph

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne? Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin? What does their spirit within them cause them to do? What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They came from every nation, language and all tribes.

They came from all over the world. They came worshiping God and Jesus. Becuase of forgiveness they will be able to see Jesus.

They shall be from all nations, all languages, that shall be great in number. They shall have their eyes opened to our Lord Jesus.

They worshiped God and Jesus. Though salvation they shall see Jesus.

They come from every tribe tongue nation. They are people like you and me that were saved by Gods "amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me I once was lost but now am found twas blind but nowI see". Although this is a time (the tribulation) of unparelled judgement it is also a time of God's amazing grace. What a God we worship. Thank you Lord for your amazing grace which saved a wretch like me.. How I wish no one would have to go through the tribulation. I'm glad You found me eternally grateful.

God Bless

Jen

What did the Spirit make them do?

Its interesting that they were holding palm branches which is what they were spreading in the road along with clothes as an act of homage during Jeusus triumphal entry into Jerusalem. It was associated with celebrations in ancient times but this celebration is different. They recognize that salvation comes solely from Jesus and they worship Him and they cry out with a loud voice as they hold their palm branches and worship the Lamb. Its rather humbling to picture it and to knowyou are unworthy in yourself. The only goodness in us is God the Holy Spirit who resides in these earthly temples we call our bodies. I have a long way to go and it brings tears to my eyes picturing this passage becuse this iswhat Jesus deserved the first time. We deserved the cross. I thank Him for my family in Christ. I thank Him for you and me.

I also read that they are before the throne of God day and night serving Him. Like the Levites who had no land but the privileged position as priests and God was their heritage. Here again is Gods amazing grace to bless sinners after what they did at Shechem and let them minister to Him. Is this an example of the priestly service we will be doing? I know we will be serving, worshipping and ministering to our God. In what capacity I don't know. I don't even know how we will ever rise to our feet in front of Him but I do know the Bible says no eye has seen no ear has heard what God has prepared for thosewho love Him. I want everyone to be there.

God Bless

Jen

God bless

Jen

I concur these are the saints that have been saved and is a picture of what we will be doing in the heavenlies. Are they tribulation saints, it is not clear, but the fact that there are angels at the cry of those redeemed begin to fall down and worship God. It seems to me that God is showing the angels that this is the end of the story I have been showing you of these human beings. In the end - they win. It is convicting and humbling to realize what we receive at the end as believers versus what we really deserve.

We are extremely blessed that God has led us to our belief in Jesus the Messiah and how on this earth we should be telling everyone we meet that they can have this precious gift. We do fall short and should commit to working more fervently for His kingdom, our desire is that all should be there.

To His glory and for His kingdom

Manny

Jesus came for our salvation.

Thanks be to God.

The great multitude is made

up of the people that can hear

the powerful words of the

Sermon of Mount

They ring in my ears and move

me from inside.

Amazing Grace.

It is only by God's grace that

we are saved, we are forgiven

and by His Blood our robes are

as white snow. What a pervilige

we must take this to heart and

live a full christian life, for His Glory

in His name.

Thy Will not mine be done

Be with God always my brothers

and sisters.

The great multitude before the throne and the Lamb came from every nation, tribe, people and language and were so many they couldn't be counted. They were wearing the white robes of the redeemed that had been washed in the blood of the Lamb as they had come out of a time of terrible suffering. Their chant was "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

They serve God day and night in his temple. God covers them with his presence and protects them so that they will never want for anything ever again. Jesus, their shepherd leads them to "springs filled with the water of life" and God wipes every tear from their eyes.

What an awesome word picture of the redeemed.

John Newton felt he had been cleansed from his sin of slave trading by the blood of the Lamb and wrote Amazing Grace in grateful thanks for God's mercy.

This crowd is to numerous to count. They are from all nations, and provinces, and language, standing in front of the throne and before the lamb. They came our of great Tribulation, they washed their robes and whitened them by the blood of the lamb. Their spirit within them caused them to praise God. The believers came through their times of suffering by remaining loyal to God.

From the passage what do we learn about the people who make up the great multitude before the throne?

A. They are a righteous people, a delivered people

What is their origin?

B. They are the slain people of Rev. 7:10

What does their spirit within them cause them to do?

C. Sing with thanksgiving

What does the first verse of the song Amazing Grace have to do with 7:14?

D. Came out of the Great Tribulation-They died rather then deny their Faith, and the

grace God bestows on us, for the sake of Christ, who died for our sake, saved a wretch like me, our robes once stained are white as snow, for we are washed in the blood of Christ, This does astonish me, was lost, but now Christ is with me, was blind, but now am drenched with the living water and can see. :lol:

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne? Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin? What does their spirit within them cause them to do? What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne?

They are an unnumbered multitude; the ones who have come through the Great Tribulation and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

But what is their origin?

They are all people of the Lord from all nations, tribes, and tongues.

What does their Spirit within them cause them to do?

Come together before the Lamb and cry out with a loud voice giving him honor and glory for their salvation.

What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found;

Was blind, but now I see.

These are the ones who were saved, the ones who were once lost but now found, who were once blind but now see.

The people who make up the "great multitude",are from every nation,all believers who remain faithful to God throughout the generations.No true believer ever need worry about which group he or she will be in.

I believe the origin was they were slaves to sin,just as all of us were."We repent"ask for forgiveness.Then we are washed in the blood of the Lamb,cleansed and forgiven.

We now pick up our cross ,go out into the world and preach the gospel.Some will suffer a great deal,some even their lives will be taken.We are in the twenty first century now,times have changed,but as believers we all know,focus on Jesus,bring the Harvest in.

"Amazing Grace" just tells us who we were before we were saved"a wretch like me"in one of our other teachings we were called "slaves"to sin.

Just think a little,God loved us so much,John 3:16.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.Glory Be To God for his grace and mercy.Blessings Linda

"Who makes up the great multitude?

All the people of the earth whick is too great a number to count and had been granted to priviledge to stand before the throne in the robes washed white by the blood of the Lamb - Jesus Christ.

Their origin - they are of the twelve tribes of Israel - whose direct decendents go back to the creation of the earth and mankind - who are the children of a loving and mercyful God.

The spirit within them causes them to rejoyce in shouting and the waving of Palm branches - Jesus entry into Jerusalem -

Amazing Grace - the first verse as the whole song - shows that by the Grace of God, all mankind can be saved - saved a wrech like me -

God Bless

Richard

They come from all people--the ones who have accepted the Lord's gracious gift of freedom from the sin that dogs our steps!

They sing of the Lord in gratitude for His loving care and protection.

I concur that it is great to think that the angels respond to these ones who have been slain, yet are safe in the Lord!

Amazing Grace--it is so amazing! How can it be that a sinner such as I could be awarded such grace?! Thank you, Lord!

The origin of the 'great multitude' are global. They are from every level of society, every language, dialect, culture , sub-culture, religion, you name it. The 144 000 are able to take the good news anywere and everywere.

This great multitude of people young and old made a great sacrifice. They decided to trust the good news and take Jesus as their personal savior and it cost them thier life.

They worship God the Father and God The son for saving them from hell and giving them life.

The song 'Amazing Grace', in the first verse, '....how sweet the sound...'

This helps me imagine the awesome noise it must be to hear millions and millions of saints, with all the angels sing praises of glory and thankfulness to God and to The Son.

:) The great multitude which no one could number is of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands. They are the ones who had come out of the great tribulation, who were able to stand firm of their faith in Jesus.

Their spirits within them caused them to cry out to the Lord with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb". They are praising and worshipping the Lord that had loved and saved them.

Amazing grace was and is and will be God's gift to each one of us who had overcome and who is overcoming and who will still overcome the enemy through God's word and our testimony. It is the blood of Jesus that washed us, still washing us, and will wash us white as snow. Truly amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretched like me, I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life! Hallelujah!!! :)

:rolleyes: Tghe multitude in heaven is made up of all the faithful so there may be all of those martyrs described in 6:9 or the 144,000 mentioned in 7:4 but they wil grow to include every true believer who remains faithful to God throughout the generations. They are there to serve God and live happily in His presence. There will be no hunger, thirst or suffering of any kind.

A). Nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues

B). "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. From the twelve tribes of Israel.

C). To serve Him day and night in His temple

D). Amazing Grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wreach like me. I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see. Amazing Grace is Saving Grace for us all.

The kind of people who make up the great multitude before the throne are people from every race, color and language. Their origin is earth. Their spirit within them causes them to worship the Lord. The first verse of Amazing Grace has to do with 7: 14 in that Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and they realized it and have been made pure through his grace and mercy ( and blood).

:) IT IS PEOPLE FROM ALL NATIONS AND TONQUES WORSHIPING GOD BEFORE THE THRONE. THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHIN THEM WAS WORSHIPING AND GIVING PRAISE TO GOD ; BEING HUMBLE TO CHRIST.

THE SONG AMAZING GRACE SHOW IT IS BY CHRIST GRACE GIVEN TO US ,TO WORSHIP CHRIST IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH. IT IS BY GOD GRACE WE ARE SAVED.

We learn that the people who make up the great multitudes before the throne were people from tribe and nation, who profess that Jesus is Lord. The origin is different tribes, nations, and languages. The Spirit within them causes them to worship God. Amazing Grace talks about being left out of the 1st rapture, but by God's grace, they didn't miss out on the second rapture. They went up after the 7 years.

They are from all countries, tribes, languages.

They are innumerable and clothed in the righteousness of Christ, and they can only praise the One seated on the throne.

They have nothing to boast in, they have a Lamb whom they can boast in.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound. Grace is what makes us sing so joyfully

The great multitude are from every nation, they are people that were saved and remained faithful during the tribulation.

Their origin is every nation on earth.

Their spirit causes them to praise God.

It was Amazing Grace that saved those that were saved during the tribulation. What wrethes we truly are that we have to go through so much before we turn our lives over to God. I, myself, was blind, and through His grace, and love, I now can see that without Him, I am nothing. Praise God.

The great multitude represents every nation, tribe, and language that was on earth.

They washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, giving Him glory and honor for their salvation.

The first verse of Amazing Grace refers to being wretched and blinded by sin until we are saved by God's grace.