JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Two Witnesses

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive Characteristics - To have power and dominion over our enemies.

Their Reward - Afther the 3 1/2 days the breath of life from God entered them and they ascended to heaven in a cloud and their enemies saw them.

Q1. (11:3-12 ) Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day? What is their reward?

The positive characteristics that the Two Witnesses have are #1. They are powerful. #2. They prophesy continually, even in the face of certain death; for 1260 days. In our day, we should do like wise. We should evangelize during whatever time we have left. Their reward was that the Spirit of God entered into them after they had been dead for 31/2 days and they were taken up into heaven. :D Love ...Bro. Al

What positive characteristics do we see in their actions that we should emulate.

As to wether we should wear sackcloth I don't know but I do see that as a positive characteristic in that they were on God's mission and that didn't include impressing people with their finery. They were not timid but spoke boldly prophecying in word and action. Matthew Henry says "God made them to be like Zerubbabel and Joshua". Just as he says to us Fear not I am with thee ; be not dismayed for I am thy God so was He their God. They were here for a mission and they completed it. So should we complete our mission. Since we don't know what that might be yet we should be backing each other up in prayer because we care about each other and when one of us is honored so are we all. Paul asked others to pray that he might speak boldly and I need that also.

What is their reward? What a reward! God allows them to be killed and their bodies lie in the streets for 3 1/2 days while people party and make merry over their deaths only to have them rise from the dead in front of tv for all to see, to be called up to heaven and all in the front of their enemies. Kind of like the handwriting on the wall. A 'little' display of Gods power in their lives and deaths. It makes me think also of Psalm 23: Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

God Bless,

Jen

The symbols of God's plan are to be interpreted

in the Spirit.

The greatest comandment of all "Love your God

above all"

This tells me that He loves us and empower us

to do His will, and once is done He takes us to

His Kingdom Amen.

Are we ready to follow through?

If God is for us, who could be against us?

Be with God always, be brave and strong

till the end. Love Jesus A.

[interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day? What is their reward?]

One of their most out-standing qualities of character, is the fact that they stand in the 'face' of the enemies of God, fearlessly speaking through prophecy, the heart of God. (Praise the Lord!) :)

I read an interesting article today; one that stated that we here in the USA, are in the middle of a war....a 'civil war' in fact.

This author brought out in this article, how we are being called to 'chose' sides in this war, sides that will determine the out-come not only of this nation, but of the free-world; I agree; but I see it as more...a 'spiritual war in fact.

God is preparing a people, that will stand for truth, the truth of the Word of God; Like these two witnesses, we also are called to 'stand in the face of our enemies' and proclaim Gods Word; and like them, having the assurance that God is with us....

Our reward, like theirs, is eternal life....'for those that endure unto the end, shall be saved'.

Love you all.....jaunita :P

I don't believe that we can know who these two are--or will be--until they are on earth, prophesying and giving God's message to the people living at that time. They will be protected until the time God allows their death--in order to show His glory when He resurrects these long-dead bodies that have begun to decay in the length of time they lay in the heat, etc. All those around them see them and witness their assent to heaven, where they will live forever and have honor and glory given to them by God for their perserverance. We should emulate their behavior in that we should not bend under the derision and anger of those who refuse to believe in the Lord God! We tend to put our "light" under a basket so we won't be considered as stupid dolts who have to have a "crutch" to stand--that crutch being belief that God exists and cares about His children on earth! One day, the truth will be so displayed that it should cause all to believe, but those who choose not to, will be blind to the truth and continue in their sin until they arrive before the Judge of all and are condemned. Then they will bow, but unfortunately, that will be too late. We need to be in constant prayer for those who are blinded by satan, and stand boldly for the Lord, no matter how people receive or do not receive this truth!

Q1. (11:3-12 ) Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day? What is their reward?

What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day?

God gives power to those who witness for Him. They will be able to prophesize in word and action; boldly giving their testimony unto death.

What is their reward?

People from every tribe, tongues and nation still on the earth will rejoice over the dead bodies of the witnesses because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. They fulfilled their mission and God did not leave them nor forsake them, After 12600 days they were resurrected they taken to heaven. This being a witness to their enemies!

:D

These two witnesses were certainly strong and brave. We do well to emulate these postive characteristics. I pray everyday for God to strengthen me inorder to be able to stand for the truth regardless of the consequences.

They had a testimony regardless of the cost(even to death). These two witnesses were saying what the people don't want to hear...words about their sin, the need to repent and upcoming punishment.

We need to take a stand against sin and be prepared to draw the world's hatred. The reward in heaven out weighs the suffering you might face or will face. The reward is eternal life in heaven.

The two witnesess were faithful to the end. They were doing the will of God. We have a plague that says The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God can not keep you.

We need to be more faithful and trust in God to keep us in our walk with Him.

We will go through firey trials but we need to keep looking to God for strength to get through it.

Their reward was to be with the One that they loved and worshiped.

I think the characteristic that I would emulate is their humility to the point of their strict obedience to God and dependence on God's power. Their reward - they were brought back to life and received eternal life as we will in the end - - WE WIN!

Thought on the two witness identity - - today in Jewish homes everywhere during Passover, a place is set at the Seder table for Elijah, one of the traditions is at the end of the Seder is for the children to run to the door and look to see if Elijah has come. You see they believe that Elijah will come before Messianic age comes and the promise of a world returned and healed. "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." (Mal. 4:5-6.) As believers we know that the Elijah was John the Baptist, but perhaps it was a two-fold prhophecy - - Just a thought!

Blessings to all

:o The two are very powerful characters with many displays of the power coming from their bodies. They had great power over anyone who wanted to harm them. The people are pleased when they die but when they are unexpectedly raised from the dead three and a half days later they are not so pleased. In the "Left Behind" book the descriptions by Tim LeHay and Peter Jenkins are wonderful and make you realize how great the characteristics of these two men were. This may be fiction but it is very Biblical.

Pastor Ralph. Intrepretors disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave.  What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate today? What is their reward?

:rolleyes: They are bold in their witnessing. They stand against the powers of evil and while we have no supernatural powers like they have, we too can stand against Satan. They stand their ground and do not back down for 1260 days of constant prophesying. Could we do as much?

I have read an article where we are in the midst of a major culture war today. I have even read that we are in WWIII today. Yes, we are in a battle, but it is not a battle against flesh and blood, but really against the Evil One himself. He is the one who is really causing all this upheaval that is going on today. Jesus warned us there would not be peace, but wars and rumors of wars. That has been going on ever since he left this earth. It will continue, I am sure till he comes again.

The reward for the Two Witnesses. They were killed and the people rejoiced. After 3 1/2 days they were taken up into heaven. That was their real reward! :D

These two witnesses received a call from God and answered it humbly and without fear even unto death...Out of His grace and mercy, God raised them into new life with His own breath, adding His proof to their faithfulness.

The power of their mission comes directly from God. The two witnesses have an unbroken supply of the Holy Spirit thru whom they conduct their ministry. We also have power of the Holy Spirit to be effective witnesses for Jesus Christ. The witnesses are brought back to life by God and ascend to heaven in a cloud.

The two whiteness where brave and strong. They stood for the truth and did what they knew to do for the work of Jesus and to spread his word to all the world. They faced death and came through it with victory. I pray that I will be able to do the same and no matter the cost the challenge for all Christians is to win the lost at any cost and I pray that is what I shall do.

Their reward is to know they did their best to help all except Jesus as their savior and to be called or lifted up into the heavens by our God is the reward we all want and desire to have. They reach the greatest of rewards to be with Jesus in heaven.

We know they are brave and strong the word tells us that. They do not stop telling others of Jesus and standing up for what is right. No matter what is done to us if we win one soul it will be worth it all. Death should not be something we fear to die for Jesus is to live and reign with him. It is always best to do all we can for anything less could cause souls to be lost. The Reward for them the witnesses. They shall be forever with Jesus.

:) The positive characteristics I see in their actions that we should emulate are their obedience to god and their faith in Him and holding on their testimony until the end.

They were given powers to do miracles and although the beast attacked, overpowered, and killed them and the whole world gazed at their bodies for 3 1/2 days, they were brought back to life by the breath of God after that and then they were called up to heaven at the attention of their enemies. Glory to God! :)

Chap 11:1-14. The ministry of the two witnesses is to boldy prophesy for the Lord in the face of so much persecution. To show the people the power they have from the Lord, till they finish their testimony.

We believers of this generation also have to boldly standup for the Lord, against all the practices of this world, in whatever situation we are in. We are not to conform to the practices of the heathen.

We see that their reward is triumphant resurrection, defeating death in their own example, accomplished by Lord.

The two witnesses are resolute, unafraid and obedient to do the will of God in an uncompromising fashion. So confident are they and so great is their faith in the Lord they serve, that circumstance does not deter them in there mission to spread the good news. They are killed and resurrected to be with God. These are excelent characteristics to have with us in these times. Tha option is ours to use them and the Glory goes to God for those of us that do.

These two witnesses stay to the Truth, no matter what the cost. The continue to speak the Word, and stay resolute til the end. Oh that I would do this even now. Nothing keeps them from sharing the Word. They know that they have the power of God to back them, and that they are safe until their time comes to die. Is it so different now for me? God promises, "I will never leave you of forsake you." The witnesses show me that I can speak BOLDLY in the name of Christ!

Their reward will not only be in heaven for eternity, but while they preach many will come to know Him.