JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Praise in Heaven

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs? Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singing and giving praise and thanks to God and to the Lamb.

Songs that I associate with the scripture are: Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty, You Are Worthy, God Bless The Child, Blessed Assurance, Amen, Hallejuah.

:) I have learned that appropriate worship is praising and worshipping the Lord in spirit and in truth. The message is about WHO God is and WHAT He had done. It is all about their experience of God in their lives. The same truth that we apply today in our songs of praise and worship unto the Lord, thanking Him for WHO He is and for everything that He had done for us, still doing and will still be doing. Glory to God!!!

:D Worship should life up the name of the Lord, the Words and meaning should be clearly understandable not like some of the contemporary songs where the words are underplayed and the music takes over so they can't even be heard. The songs that come to my mind are Holy, Holy, Holy; How Great Thou Art; Love Lifed Me; Oh, God our Help in Agest Past, O Come all ye Faithful, I Come to the Garden Alone; Rock of Ages. There really are too many of them to list. Many of the new choruses and praise songs will fit in this category also. Songs that lift your Spirit and draw you closer to God.

Q3. (15:3-4) We see singing and praise in heaven before the throne a number of times in Revelation (4:8, 11; 5:9-10, 12-13; 7:12; 11:17-18; 15:3-4; 19:1-3). What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs? Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?

undefined :lol: I am studying the 'contemporary' song: Holy, Holy, Holy. Written by John B. Dykes and Reginald Heber. Immediately after they address who is being sung about: "Lord GOD Almighty." They say: "Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee." What I learned is that Holy is our Lord God Almighty, and that our song of praise to God should begin "early in the morning". Amen. Love ...Bro. Al

What do you learn about appropriate worship from studying these songs?

The appropriate worship to God would be with awe; celebrating His righteousness, and redeeming work in us. He is the one who was and is and is to come. The beginning and the end and He is worthy to be praised, honored, and glorified. Blessing Him with thanksgiving in our hearts for what He has done, and is going to do.

Do you recognize any contemporary songs that seem similar to these?There are so many that exalt our Lord, but these are some of the ones of my time. . .

Holy, Holy, Holy, Give Thanks, Glorify Thy Name, All Hail King Jesus, Praise the Name of Jesus, We Will Glorify, Thou Art Worthy, Majesty, Holy Ground, He is Exalted, I Exalt Thee, Lord, be Glorified, How Great Thou Art, Blessed be the Name of Jesus, What a Mighty God we Have, I Bowed Down and Cried Holy

Now I will be worshiping all day!!

Worship is adoration of our God! We fall down before Him as we see Him in all His glory! How wonderful it is to know His love!

Contemporary songs? I love the old, old songs I grew up with, but have had some experience with younger missionaries on the field and the songs they prefer. Some of them I too enjoy: Holy, Holy, Holy; Praise the name of Jesus; Thou art Worthy; How great Thou art; Majesty; I exalt Thee; Lord, be glorified; What mighty God we have; and others that I can't think of now. Strange, I never connected these songs with Revelation songs! Yes, I knew they were from the Bible, but not necessarily Revelations. :unsure:

Here in Southern California

my heart is trouble so many

people in pain.

Then I am reading my brothers

and sisters coments and helps

me to go on.

Praising God for what He has taking

away.

Singing psalms of Glory to God

Remain faithful to the end

I have right now this moment of

complete communion, this moment

of joy and gratefulness

I cannot even imagen what joy would be

to sing praises to our Lord for ever and

ever, the thought is foreign to me

Instead I let go and let God bring me to Him

in the Spirit of brotherly kindness and then

praise him in the fellowship of the Spirit

We need each other to come to our Lord

and to give glory to Him for our salvation

Your brother in Christ Jesus. Jesus A.

Appropriate worship is to give praise and honor to the only true living God. We worship, praise and honor God for who he is. The song of the Lamb celebrates the ultimate deliverance of God's people from the power of satan.

Songs: HOLY , HOLY, HOLY, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

BLESSED ASSURANCE

VICTORY IS MINE :)

All the songs magnify the Lord and lift up his Holy name. Even the angels cry Holy Holy Holy is the Lamb around the throne of God. Singing of Praise will go on forever and even in heaven and it will be wonderful to hear and sing. He is worthy to be praised, honored, and glorified. Blessing Him with thanksgiving in our hearts for what He has done, and is going to do.

Victory is mine, Holy Holy Holy, Holy Ground,, All Hail King Jesus, Praise the Name of Jesus, We Will Glorify, Thou Art Worthy, Majesty, Holy Ground, He is Exalted, I Exalt Thee, Lord, be Glorified, How Great Thou Art, Blessed be the Name of Jesus, What a Mighty God we Have, I Bowed Down and Cried Holy

:D

We know that Christ is worthy of all Praise and songs are a form of Praise. Even the angels sing praises unto him. He is worthy of all Priase and and we shall sing his praises forever . He is worthy of all Priase and and we shall sing his praises forever.

Victory is mine, Holy Holy Holy, Holy Ground. He is Exalted, I Exalt Thee, Lord, be Glorified, How Great Thou Art, Blessed be the Name of Jesus, Be Glorified, What a Mighty God we serve, Joy unspeakable

Appropriate christian music will focus on the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Music is powerful force and before I knew the Lord I related to other music of the 60"s but since I have known Him my soul wants hymns and praise music. Its what I relate too. Christian music should lift Him up and glorify Hiim and who He is. I don't believe all contemporary christian music does but I have my favorites. Some you have already named but I also like Come Now is The Time To Worship and Lamb of God. I also like I've Just Seen Jesus and I think when we get there we will feel like Mary when she had seen Jesus. Another of my favorites is Mercy by Ray Boltz and Awesome God by Rich Mullens. I was listening to Heather Mercer and Dayna Curry talking about their experience in prison in Afganistan and how they sang hymns and praise music and then started making up their own. What a testimony that must have been. I'm glad I have been open to contemporary music. I know some people who aren't. More than open I love some of it. It has really enriched my days as I filled my mind with praise music during some of the difficult times.

God Bless You All

Jen

A song is sung in heaven which celebrates God's righteous and redemptive work beginning with Moses and ending with the Lamb.

There are so many contemporary and traditional songs that seem similar to the music of Revelation, that it would be impossible to list them all.

Here are some of my favorites

Joyful Joyful ! We Adore Thee

Holy Holy Holy

How Great Thou Art

Awesome God

El Shaddai

My Tribute(To God Be the Glory)

Power in the Blood

Are You Washed in the Blood?

It is said that our sincere adoration and songs of praise and worship, rise as a fragrant incese unto the Lord, acceptable to him. God rejoices and dwells on the praises of his children. These worship songs and chouruses, already given by many of dear brothers and sisters above, must always dwell in our hearts and on our lips. Thus we will able to have continuous communication with our God and at the same time be able to keep away the enemy from any of his attempts to tempt us.

We see again and again in the Revelation we are studying, how the Lord is being praised by one and all in his heavenly court.

What I have learned from reading the scriptures listed above is worship is an act that we are going to love to do. Worship is something that is eternal. Worship to God, is showing how much we love Him.

The worship songs that I have seen come out of these is:

Holy, Holy, Holy*Holy is the Lord*To Him who sits on the Throne*Worthy is the Lord* Blessing and Honor *To God be the Glory *Take me in to the Holy of Holies*Holy Ground* The mercy Seat *

Appropriate Worship takes us into His presence.It brings us to a revelation of what God has stored up for us.Bountiful revelation.Worshipping God will open the doors.All that God has stored up for us will come tumbling out.God is just waiting for someone to ask.We worship God with all our mind ,soul,and body.

Yes there are many songs of worship,old and new.Songs like Holy ,Holy, Holy Rev:4:8,11.~Worthy Is The Lamb,To Him Who Sits On The Throne.

Rev 12:13 Higher deeper,this song speaks of flying into His grace,higher ,deeper see"in more of your face,higher deeper,Im flying into your grace.

We were created to worship Jesus Christ.We were created for Him,to become something like Him in order that He might find pleasure in us.

Oswald Chambers said,"Worshipping God is the great essential of fitness.If you have not been worshipping .....,when you get into work you will not only be useless yourself,but a tremendous hindrance to those who are associated with you.~~

Blessings will flow from heaven as you worship with a true heart"Be Like David in Worship!

• 3 weeks later...

These songs describe God with some excitement, noting His eternity, holiness, worthiness of blessing, honour, glory, power, wisdom, right judgement, having an awesome respect for God's anger and its consequences, and rejoicing in His rewards to the faithful.

Contemporary songs might include

Worthy is the lamb,

Blessing and honour, glory and power...

Salvation belongs to our God.

Oddly enough our contemporary songs say nothing about God's righteous judgement and anger. :angry: Have we gone too soft on these attributes of God? Perhaps we dont want to know about that! They are definitely part of the picture! B)