JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Water of Life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus said it is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty. Come to me and live. I will promise you the eternal love and loyalty that I promised David.

The Spirit and Bride are the Bride and Groom of this feast and they as the bride and groom in life today will invite those they love and call friends to come and dine with them. Everyone who hears this should say, "Come!" If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It's free! Jesus paid for it all on the cross from this point on all is free from God the father of the Groom. Hallelujah :D

This is Jesus speaking to the ones that have been called to heaven with him. The gift of life is free. Jesus paid the price for all of us so the gift is free to us.

The Spirit and the Bride are like that at a wedding they are the ones that send out the invitations to come and dine with them.

Water is so necessary for life. We can go days without food, but no more than three without water. If you reflect on times when your thirst was so great and that first sip of water is truly divine. I think of that as Jesus says those that thirst. Until we have that personal relationship with Him, we are constantly trying to satisfy this unquenchable thirst in our soul. In our sinful states before Christ came into our lives, we were so very thirsty for something and then we see Jesus and we are quenched, it is that first drink after devastating thirst that truly is divine and satisfies even to the core of our soul. We are bathed in Jesus and have the gifts of life. They are free, Jesus paid the price.

Water cleanses, it washes away the sin of our lives. Jewish folks do a mikvah bath to cleanse after repentance. As John the Baptist was baptizing. Jesus is the water, His Word (Bible) is water - Hebrews 10:23 says for us to be washed in the water - - to be bathed in His word

The Spirit and the Bride are the Bride and Groom and we should invite all we meet to the feast - - to know Jesus and never again be thirsty.

Q2. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1? In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17). In what ways should "the Spirit and the Bride" (22:17) extend that invitation in your community?

21:6, 22:17- What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1?

Jesus says,

The water of life represents the life that will flow from God to the inhabitants of heaven for all of eternity. It is free for us through the shed blood of the Lamb to receive it if we will. He paid the price since there is a price to pay. The invitation is for all and we should live lives tht would make others desire the gift of life that we have, however God would lead us.

God Bless

Jen

I believe the "water of life" means that the old in age or dead will be young again. The young children, will be young as well but not at the age of a baby or little child.

The sense that this is a free gift means there will be no money in Heavon. This is an invitation for everyone who is thirsty and hungery. In another sense, this is an invitation for anyone who is thirsty and hungry for the word of God, to go deeper. Get hungry more for the word of God.

There can be different ways: one way is for the teaching to be deep in the word. Invite the community to a place that is comfortable, can be in a church setting or someone's house and have a devotion from the word of God. :)

From the beginning, crystal clear water

represents God's pure love for us.

Water came out of Jesus wond as he

was pierced.

Let us pray that all in this small forum

be thirsty, be hungry and be willing to

surrender to the Word of God.

Be aware that our free water has a very high

tag.

God sacrificed His only Son for us

and God's only Son accepted the sacrifice

I consider this to be a very high price

We have only to meditate a little in this

and become very grateful that we are

offer the water of life for free out of love

for us the children of God.

Hear this...........

We need to open our minds and be willing to

sacrifice. Sacrifice going to the movies, sacrifice

watching T.V., sacrifice going to a gathering of

dancing type. Is this to much to ask?

What about just hold a prayer for a person

passing by, or just a smile. Love one another

Love the people that criticizes our actions of

good will for others and with our actions

invite them to do as we do and come to our Lord

to drink the water of eternal life.

Thank you for praying for Al4jesus, he is holding

on and getting better a little day by day.

Be with God always your brother in Christ Jesus.

Jesus A.

When reading v 22:17 I have always read "Come! Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life" and thought of thirsty as a yearning, or a longing to know the Lord. The free gift of the water of life was paid for by Jesus on the cross when He died for all my sins (I beleive someone else mentioned this).

This to me is such a powerful statement, particularly when I was a teenager and just learning to love the Lord on my own, without mom & dad's 'encouragement' -- Now that I have kids of my own, I pray daily that they have a thirst to know the Lord!

:D The water represents eternal life just as it did when Jesus told the Samaritan woman about it. It is the fullness of life with God and the eternal blessings this contains. The invitation to come to recieve this blessing has been placed in our hands and we must see it is delivered. People must be told so they can respond and receive thier salvation.

The "waters of life" represent salvation.

It is a free gift in the sense that there is nothing we can do to earn it. It is freely given by faith not by works.

The Holy Spirit and The Church give the salvation invitation. There is still time for those who haven't accepted Christ to do so, but the invitation won't remain open for too much longer.

I see the "water of life" as the Good News, The Gospel and Salvation. Jesus is the way to the Living Water. The gospel is unlimited in scope--all people, everywhere may come. Salvation cannot be earned but God gives it freely. We live in a world desperately thristy for Living Water, and many are dying of thrist. It is not too late, let us invite everyone to come and drink. The invitation is extended to all the world by the Holy Spirit, the Bride, and the church to come to Jesus and experience the joys of salvation in Christ

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus always promised, everlasting life to all those, who accepted him and came to him. In John 4:14, he promises the Smaritan women the everlasting life with his thirst quenching water, only he can give that is his WORD. Jesus also promised the overflowing presence and manifestation of the Holy Spirit in all those that come to Him. ( John 7:38). Such was God's great love towards mankind, that he maintained this invitation all along.

22:17, Here,Jesus is once again revealing his concern for tha lost souls by inviting , whoever desires to come and to partake in the pure river of water of lfe(22:1), symbolzing the new covenant ministry of the Holy Spirit and his gracious offer of The Holy Spirit. :D

Water of life is God's words.

The water of Life from the throne of God flows into the 12 fruits of the Tree of Life. We on earth can begin to participate in that (Isaiah 55:1) by drinking of the Holy Spirit, eating of theWord of God (bread of Life) and so being constantly changed into the likeness of Christ. this seems to be the "mystery" that was revealed in Christ in the New Testament, pre-empted by God's covenant with David in the Old Testament. The whole process is wonderfully described in Isaiah 55, with the consequence that we "go out with joy" and are "led forth in peace".

The gift is free to us because Jesus paid the full price - His Blood - which no other man could pay.

Let him who hears say "Come". We have the commission to extend that invitation throughout all the earth. This is our life's business.

Food only meets our physical needs for our body.But God feeds our soul.As we believe and trust in God we allow him to satisfy our spiritual thirst.The water of life is a symbol of eternal life.Eternal life is a free gift only if we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior.He is the living water.Salvation is not earned,God gives it freely.

"COME",is an invitation",fom the Holy Spirit and the Church,which is the "Bride",.Amen

• 1 month later...

Q2. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1?

The water of life represents eternal springs of (clear as crystal waters - 'pure' water) to drink from. Which is the free gift of salvation by God's grace. Eternal life = life everlasting and spiritual water gives life to the soul.

The spiritual water is grace, purity and holiness flows from the throne of God and Jesus to flow upon us like a river of water so we become filled with His grace, being made pure and holy so as to live with them forever, the fulfillment of the promise.

In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17).

God's grace washes over us and not because we deserve it, but He chooses to bestow it freely as favor thus a "free gift". A free gift that God through his promises gives to those who ask.

In what ways should "the Spirit and the Bride" (22:17) extend that invitation in your community?

God and Jesus and the church, the Spirit and the Bride invite all people to come and drink from the water of life as it is written in the Bible. To come is to accept Jesus into lives for the Father tells us in the Bible that it is through his Son that we receive eternal life and we must come to Him first, His Son. John 3:16. The Lamb will be our shepherd and will lead us to springs of living water, Revelation 7:17.

Altar calls is one way to extend the invitation. To invite the people to come to the altar to give themselves and their lives unto Jesus. People are invited to ask Jesus at the altar, representing the throne of God, and prayers rise from the altar to be heard with the prayers of all around in the church rising with those at the altar who ask.

Evangelism is another way the Spirit and the Bride extend the invitation:

1. evangelism by action, doing ie building housing projects and medical relief (ex. El Salvador); the action speak louder than words and makes people come back to thank and ask and join them - they come by that mean

2. evangelism by standing on a soapbox in other parts of the world works better to invite the people (ex. some parts of Africa), those who preach the good news or salvation message on street corners or towns villages. People bend their knee to accept the Lord God into their lives.

3. evangelism by training disciples another part of the world has caused a great amount of souls to be saved (ex. China); where church is underground and missionaries disciple student training in serious dililgent study courses. The disciples go out into their families and workplaces to save and disciple others. This method of evangelism works better than the other two above and for good reason so people would not be harmed by those who oppose and control.

The Spirit and the Bride move in many ways to invite and it is through people who are the church. So whether it is in the physical building or, where the people gather is church, people outside the Church are being invited to come and take a drink of the eternal springs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

"Water of life" is representing the blood of Christ. Through Christ' shed blood we have eternal life. This is a free gift because Christ gave his life freely - with no strings attached - and it is up to us if we accept it. As christians we need to share Gods gift with others.

• 1 month later...
Q2. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1? In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17). In what ways should "the Spirit and the Bride" (22:17) extend that invitation in your community?

The water of life represents Wisdom.

Quoting Adam Clarke here, "as the world cannot subsist without water, so it is impossible that it can subsist without wisdom".

It is free in the sense that we do not have to spend money for it :)

Through those of us who have The Spirit of Christ, we are to invite people to Jesus, that by Him they may be saved and prepared for The Kingdom in Heaven.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The "water of life" is eternal life. It's a free gift, but we must willingly make the first move...we must want (desire) it and drink it. It's our choice. We need to help others hear about the gift that they too can freely have.

• 2 months later...

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Isa 55:1-3 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for [that which is] not bread? and your labour for [that which] satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye [that which is] good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, [even] the sure mercies of David.

Freely we recieve, freely we give. Of free will, we make a choice. When we have truly made the comittment, the Spriit lights a fire and we become thirsty for more, much really like an addict. We want more, we can't get enough. We move closer to God through reading his Word which ministers to us personally and through this we build a bond and relationship with Him. As we do this, we thirst and hunger for more of him in our lives. As we follow this, we forsake more and more of ourselves (surrendering the flesh - walking in spirit and in truth - in faith) and we trust in Him more and more as He reveals Himself to us in our daily lives. We are then witness and cannot turn back to our old. Therefore, all things are made new in our lives and the Spirit dwells within us as we move from one level glory to another. We do this to glorify God. It is total victory!

We live this in community when we share in our joys and walk in His ways. Others see it, if they recognize it what it is, it can light a fire within them, if they do not, many may wonder and try to find this joy and peace as well. We open the doors even with little things that we do - smiling is witnessing when we do it for the Lord and not so that others will like us or think we are kind or something. Everything we do is for the Lord. Nothing is of us - the old is gone and the new becomes. This is the glory of His love in complete surrender and it is free.