JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Staying in Love with God

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Jude 21a) What does it mean to "keep yourself in God's love"? What are you doing to strengthen your love relationship with God? What more could you do that might help?

Love is a term very common and most widely misused. But it is a two way communication. It has no meaning if it is done on one way only. <_< Love grows when two people get together often, in any way possible. We have two ways of communion with God. Bible and Prayer. When we follow this dictum to the core, as two lovers do often, love grows between us and God. For the relationship to grow and foment, we must follow the two way communication principle and spend time with Him as often as possible. Time is the essence of any bond to strenthen. My bond will be strengthened in proportion to the time I spend with my Lord.

Q3. (Jude 21a) What does it mean to "keep yourself in God's love"? What are you doing to strengthen your love relationship with God? What more could you do that might help?

Spend time with God, praising Him for Who He is as well as for what He has done--and is doing--in my life! When we spend time in Bible reading and study as well as in prayer, we are nurturing this love relationship with God.

We need this time face to face with Him to truly understand His great love for us, and when we see that--intimately--we cannot do other than love Him! :rolleyes:

To strengthen my love relationship with God, I'm doing those things, but I need more time apart in larger stretches of time. Taking part in retreats of a day or longer gives us time to really put the cares of the day aside and allows us to draw closer to Him. I have not gone on such a retreat for some time, and I feel the need to do so! In the stress of writing on top of this time of sharing my home with friends from Russia added to our being in the process of selling our farm and moving to a distant place, this seems impossible, and I am feeling the results of this failure. :(

(Jude 21a) What does it mean to "keep yourself in God's love"?

It means to continually work on my relationship with Him, it means giving of myself to Him 100 % to my ability in all that I do, I do for Him.

What are you doing to strengthen your love relationship with God?

Out of all the spiritual disciplines I try to practice. . . I believe that I Pray without ceasing the most, in the car, in the pool, where ever and whatever time of the day in the morning, at night, pray for others, for myself, situations, on and on I also love to put on praise music and dance and sing to our Lord. . . it is what I call my God time. . .I am at one with Him when I worship most of all. Also, Every morning I do my Bible study and then I answer my e-mails. . . I continue my Bible study as I give input to my messages. . .

What more could you do that might help?

I believe I could set aside more times of fasting, I am weak in this area. . . but the Bible clearly says, not if you fast but when you fast (Matt. 6:16)

3a.) (Jude 21a) What does it mean to "keep yourself in God's love"?

3a.) I am drawn to Jesus' discussion of the Vine and the Branches in John 15. He tells us, "I am the vine ; you are the branches. If a man remains (abides) in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5) Through a second by second, minute by minute, day by day awareness of God's constant presence in our lives, and communion with Him. In prayer and worship.

3b.) (Jude 21a) What are you doing to strengthen your love relationship with God?

3b.) Paul tells us to: "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your act of spiritual act of worship." (Romans 12:1) My hope is that it is pleasing to You, Father.

3c.)  What more could you do that might help?

3c.) To honor God, in my day to day life, actions and in the use of my spiritual gifts. Grow in the knowledge and ways of His Son. And to bring another with me.

I believe that to keep myself in God's love means to have a daily walk with the Lord in bible reading , prayer , fellowshipping with other christians and to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit, ready to obey.Also , to live in such a way that God's love can bless me while I wait for the gift of eternal life.

To strenghten my love relationship with God, I continue daily to look to God

for direction for my life and that of my family. I encourage other believers and try to strenghten them in the Lord. I am seeking God to bring me to a more mature level in my spiritual walk, for before I can instruct others, I must see to it that I am walking circumspectly.

I believe that probably the more I could do is simply take God AT HIS WORD and trust Him to direct my life and meet my needs.

"Keep yourselves in God Love" means to live close to God and his people and not to listen to the false teachers who attempt to pull us away from God and minimize our faith (John 15:9, 10).

Some of the things I am doing to strengthen my relationship with God are by being more intimate with Him, by reading His Word inductively, meditating, reflecting on His love for me, and fervent in my prayers.

I want God to continue to flood my heart with His love and to continue to grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ through His Word so that the false teachings of today that are so prevalent in the Church will be easily recognized and I will be able to speak out against error.

My desire is to be more like Christ in all my interpersonal relationships with people especially my immediate family.

I do not want to be ineffective and unproductive in my knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 1:9).

My goal is to glorify God and enjoy His fellowship forever.

To keep yourself in God's love we must set ourselves aside from the the things of this world. we must prayer in in the spirit.

We must worship god in the spirit and truth. we must praise God for all his blessing.and never forget to prayer his word back to him.

What does it mean to keep yourself in God's love? What are you doing to strengthen your love relationshipwith God? What more could you do that might help?

Matthew Henry says "keep yourselves in the way of God if you would continue in His love" and John MacArthur says "It means to remain in the place of obedence while God works out His will".

If we want to be in His love I guess obedience is the way. I keep saying I am going to do more prayer and Bible study and then find the weeds and lawn mower calling but maybe sometimes if that is done to lighten someone elses load that may be in His place of obedience. I try to pray while I do work since I find it hard to sit stilll for five minutes somedays.

Since so much seems like it is going wrong (or at least from my perspective) in my life somedays its hard to know or feel if you are in God's way.

There is a wonderful prayer from Susanna Wesley that I like,

"When I am pevish and morose it is not because of religion but of my want of it. Help me not be discouraged by my own failures, nor spend to much time in thinking of them remembering tht perfection is my Savior's endowment and sincerity is mine. Help me with firm faith to rely on His merits, joined with my sincere endeavor to obey thy whole will. Amen"

While writing this it dawned on me that every moment thinking about my failures is taking my eyes off Him and depriving Him of the praise and glory He deserves. So I guess that the answer to the third part is looking to Him with praise and thanksgiving.

God Bless each and everyone of you. You are all special.

Jen

We keep ourselves in GOD's love by talking to Him in prayer and reading His Word and meditating on it. A daily walk of fellowship with Him reminds us of His wonderful love for us. We just went through a category four hurricane and even though I wondered at times if our house would still be standing when it was over I knew that I was in His love and care. It was not easy being without electric for three days and sometimes without water but I never doubted for a minute that I was not in His love. He is truly wonderful!

It would help to "keep me in GOD's love" if I was a better witness to others.

To be in God's love means to love Him, not the symbols of Him or the things He does for us. It does not mean loving the service we do for Him. It means loving Him. We keep ourselves in God's love by obeying His commandments, by staying in communication with Him through prayer and by learning all we can about Him by studying the Bible.

I try to make sure that all things I do are done with a focus on glorifying God.

Keeping yourself in God's love -- stand by right principles and draw close to God in prayer, stay away from people not having spirituality and staying away from congregations that do not get rid of the unrighteous of false believers and false prophets.

I think it means that we must be true in our committment to Him, by living as He commands. I try to get closer to Him in worship ,in prayer and by being a loyal servant. Upon starting each day I pray for the strength to carry my cross, and for help in keeping sinful thoughts at bay. I often fail, but I get up,dust off, and try again. I owe it all to my God, and I attempt to give Him just that. I believe that the answer to what more can I do to strengthen my love relationship with God will come to me by listening in prayer.

Keeping myself in God's love is a magnificent program! To me it implicates the whole of ! Corinthians 13, which describes God's love toward us. I am the righteousness of God on earth, so I must reflect that perfect love of God - forgiveness, service, protection etc. wherever I am. (There are certainly flaws in the mirror, but not in the original!)

To build the love relationship I'm constantly correcting myself, and trying to build godly relationships with many others around me. Those relationships require many different aspects of me. Jesus said "If you don't love your brother whom you have seen, how can you love God whom you have not seen?" Me loving my brother is the way to go.

I'm teaching several people to fear no man, and I'm trying very hard to learn that lesson myself. When I fear only God, that's when love has it's perfect expression.

To read, meditate, pray and obey daily with a sincere desire. I read His word daily and take notes. I think about what I've read and put question marks where necessary. I need to meditate and pray more. I think I'm analizing the parts and missing the whole picture which is where the life is.

• 2 weeks later...

To keep myself in God's Love is to Love and Obey God in all that I do. To strengthen my relationship with God, I talk to Him. I realize and remember that God created all things, as they are, to build up and strengthen me as I am prepared to inherit the nations through the overcoming of trials & meaness of this world with a Pure Heart for God. Amen! Hallelujah!

TO KEEP YOURSELF IN GODS LOVE,MEANS TO LIVE VERY CLOSE TO GOD,AND HIS PEOPLE.BE AWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS,KNOW YOUR BIBLE IN GODS WORD SO FALSE TEACHERS WONT LEAD YOU A STRAY.KEEP YOUR GUARD UP AND BE READY FOR SUCH PEOPLE.

PRAY AND WORSHIP TOGETHER AS WELL AS HAVE YOUR OUN PRIVATE TIME IN RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.EXPRESS YOUR LOVE TO GOD,HE WILL HELP YOU BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU.SHOW GOD YOU LOVE HIM.IT DOESENT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK,IF YOU FEEL LIKE DANCING.'DANCE',IF YOU WANT TO GET ON YOUR KNEES AND WORSHIP,DO SO.WHAT EVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING TO EXPRESS ''YOUR LOVE TO GOD'',FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

ARE WE NOT FREE?SO EXPRESS YOUR LOVE FREELY.GOD IS SO DESERVING OF OUR LOVE.

Q3. (Jude 21a) What does it mean to "keep yourself in God's love"?

To me it means to walk with Him, to study His Word, to Worship with other believers, to keep my focus on Him.

What are you doing to strengthen your love relationship with God?

Doing more Bible Study, praying, and keeping His commandments.

What more could you do that might help?

I could be more consistent in my witnessing. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Abiding with God and doing His will. Worshipping Him and showing our love by following His lead in reverence. I want to involve Him in all my decisions throughout the day and remember to seek his guidance in what He wants me to do. Keep a constant journal, so I can remember things better .