JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. El-Olam, the Eternal God

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say that it is profoundly humbling. What is man that you are mindful of him? Especially after all the wrong I have done to Him, the one who loves me eternally and created me.

Knowing Him has made me more patient, to not get ahead of myself and do His job (like Sarah), and accept that I am but dust, and my "flaws" are part of that, and will be worked out by the Master in His time, not mine. The works of the Lord are forever, nothing added and nothing taken away. What can I myself do that lasts? Nothing. All I have to do is accept, and follow His leading, and it will all work out.

The transforming power of this love awes me as I bask in it, and turns my heart toward doing what pleases the father, not because I am so righteous, but because He first loved me. I seek to one day hear those blessed words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant.", in spite of myself and all that I lack. It will truly only be by grace, and faith in His love for me. I thank Him everyday that He never gave up on me, and is still working me into the Dawn He created me to be.

4a.) (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?

4a.)  Humility and wonder.  Unable to fathom God's vastness.

4b.) (21:33) How does it alter the way you live your life?

4b.)  The LORD has numbered my days and it is through His Son's death and resurrection that someday, I will be eternally living as one of His own.  I am finite, the LORD is infinite.  A sojourner destined for the promised land!  Hallelujah! Praise the LORD!

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?

It gives me a great sense of security. Though God had made himself known to Abraham as his God in particular, and in covenant with him, yet Abraham forgets not to give glory to Him as the Lord of all: The everlasting God, who was, before all worlds, and will be, when time and days shall be no more. Consider the following:

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Knowing that God was, is and will always be, gives me security because I know He will keep His word and promises to me. In reading the bible I have seen how His promises have come true to all. Also, He is capable of all and from Him all has come. I know of nothing else in my life that equals that. Therefore, what else can I have true security in, what else can I place my heart in, what else gives as He does.

How does it alter the way you live your life?

Now I have an unfailing, never ending light to guide me. Before, I stumbled in the darkness, under my own power searching for answers but never finding any of value. All the answers I received were of little value. Granted, I learned many truths in this life, I was well educated, yet none of that gave me joy inside. None of that learning gave me a promise of a life fulfilled, a life with a future beyond this existence. None of that learning gave me a sense that what I had accomplished was truly valuable above this life as it is known to me and all others.

Look at Solomon, he was a very successful man, well educated, wealthy, learned and full of accomplishments, yet in the latter part of his life he chose to walk differently. In so doing, his son Rehoboam, followed his example, rather than his cousels and became a foolish and evil ruler. I ask you, what value did Solomon's achievements and learning have if his own son could not grasp and learn from them?

In looking at God

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

God in all of the Names that describe Him gives me hope, and keeps me in the race. :D

How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?

It gives me a sense of peace and security in as well strength to face the enemy.

I try to live my life with the blessings of His forgiveness and because of His sacrifice and forgiveness to me. . .I want to please Him in all I do. . . even though I fall short and continue to be growing in the process of perfection.

What a privilege we have to know the Eternal GOD personally through Jesus Christ. If this life is all that we have we would be most miserable, but we have a wonderful future for which to look forward. One day we will live with Him forever and ever. Praise His Name!

This fact alters the way I live in that I try to please Him in my everyday life. Since I still have a sinful nature there are times when I fail Him but I can go to Him and He will forgive me of my sins.

God 's eternal, and because He is, I know He is, and will be, always there when I need to call upon Him! I bow before Him in awe and subjection, knowing I do not qualify for anything from Him. Yet, He gives all to me: faith, grace, eternal life, etc. I don't deserve it. It is all due to His love that He extends to me. :)

Since I know this, I try my best to obey Him as He makes me to know His will. Sure, I fail--too many times. But, He picks me up, dusts me off and says "try again!" As long as I am trying to keep close to Him, to study His word in order to know Him, and attempt to obey, He will not disown me. He continues to teach me. Because I know this, I spend time in prayer and Bible study, listen to what He puts on my heart and ask Him for the ability to do whatever He desires of me. That means that even if others say I am narrow, or wrong in what I perceive He is telling me, I listen to Him! Sure, I have a prayer partner, and we share about what God is doing in our lives. If we disagree, I go back to God for clarification. But if peace fills my heart as I prepare to follow His will, I know it is of Him! :o

Without Him, life is empty--unfulfilling! :wub:

I could write a book on this question. The everlasting quality of God has meant so much to me. The way I'm thinking about it at present is that His Word is Truth, which is our connection with eternity. When we adhere to the truth God shows us, especially in Jesus Christ our redeemer, we are connected in real substance with eternity, outside the time zone of this world which God created. It is eternity that is the core of our being, that is God, that is Love, that is what we must not lose in our lives here on this earth. We lost it in Adam and gained death. In Christ we regain that connection, that bond of love. To me it is like a great shaft of light connecting us with our Creator, the source of our assurance, destiny, purpose. and being. "He has put eternity in their minds" says the scripture. It is a fortress for me, my strength, the immovable, immortal. How blessed we are to have this!

God who is Eternal and Everlasting, has me in His sights always. Psalmist says before I was concieved in my mother's womb, Thou hast taken care of all my days... When such is the care that I get from an eternal God, what else is there to fear about or worry about!! That realisation itself is stupendous. What am I that the Almighty God should care so much for me? I am a special person created specially for His work. That truth alters the way I live my life. Not for selfish and immediate needs but for earning the eternal riches through Jesus Christ, my Lord. My life should be poured out as a drink offering as St. Paul says in his epistles. It gives me a new impetus to drive forth in top gear for the Lord's work and for His glory. :D

Gives me deep hope - that not only is He eternal - but He is not changing - - He does what He says He will do. - If we truly understood the magnitude of an eternal and unchanging God, we should be effected to live a more Holy life - - God instructed us to be Holy because He is HOly. It should cause us to reflect on how we are walking with Him - - to make Him our first priority. The fact that He is eternal - - says He will be with me, beside me, always loving, always caring, always growing me, always giving me grace and mercy.

What a wonderful tool to use as witnessing - to have a Father that will never leave you or forsake you!

I am so happy that Jesus is there when I need Him. H e gives me peace in the times of trouble. I know that I have eternal life with Him. He went to the cross for me and He shed His precious blood for me. He give me patience, love, joy. He is my shepherd. I put my trust in Him.

I try to live my life for Jesus.

Just knowing that God is only a breath away no matter where I am is mighty awesome. To know that all I have to do is speak His Name and Satan and his cohorts tremble and flee is pretty awesome also. There is no greater power than Our Eternal God- El-Olam!

To know that God gave His Only Son just for me!! WOW!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The realization that God is an Eternal God is just too awesome for words.

To think God has existed before time and will continue to exist after time comes to an end, just boggles the mind. And to think that this eternal, holy God wants to have fellowship and intimacy with us mere humans.

Eventho my life isn't perfect and I do fall into sin from time to time, it makes me want try to live my life in a way that will please God.

It is mind blowing, it's incomprehensible that the One who created all time and space and our planet would reach down and take our little hands and guide our little lives -it is awesome. It shows that God has supreme power and control over everything no matter what our circumstances SEEM to be. It shows me that there's no reason not to trust God with every aspect of my life. However, even knowing all of this, it is still a process because I'm continuously bombarded and distracted and sometimes forget who is really in control. Even though I pray and read daily it's still quite a battle. I must increase my praying, reading and fellowshiping to remain strong.

Affects me greatly. Gives me hope of what is to come when I go to my resting place. Makes me to continue to do what's required by God and to continue to please him.

Affects me greatly. Gives me hope of what is to come when I go to my resting place. Makes me to continue to do what's required by God and to continue to please him.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?

I am sometimes so over whelmed with the idea that God actually loves me, in spite of myself, that I start crying. The tears will pour down my face, but I find myself smiling at the same time. We have an awesome God, there is no doubt about that.

I want, more than anything else in the world, to stand before my God one day and see a smile upon His face. I want that hug and to hear the words,

• 2 months later...

Lesson 9 Q4

(a) The realization that God is El-olam, the Eternal God, affects me is I have hope. Hope for today, hope for tomorrow. I will never be alone. Others may forsake me but God never will. In all my situations I can turn to God at anytime. He is never busy. One day I will live Eternally with Him. Amen!

(B) It alters the way I live my life by I am constantly awake to what I do, say, and where I go. Doing only what will please my God. Yes, sometimes I fail but He is always there ready to forgive when I say I am sorry. I try to reflect Christ in my everyday living, so others will see the Love of Jesus in me.