JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Rejoicing in God's Control

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't have faith that God is in control we rely on ourselves to solve problems. If the problem is unsolvable, where's the hope? If we have faith, knowing God is in control, we have hope and can therefore rejoice in Him knowing that He will solve it in His time and in His way and His ways are much higher than ours which results in a far greater outcome than we can ever attempt. I know this to be true because His Word says so. To believe otherwise is to call God a liar. If I'm walking the walk, I can expect, with confidence, God to hear my prayers and perform His Word in my life.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

If I believe that God is in control--and I certainly do--then I know I can depend that things will turn out right! God does not do things half-way. Whatever happens, I know that my eternal destiny is secure! I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me! That is tested and true. I don't understand how persons who do not believe this can take some of the garbage that happens in life without His help and knowing He is carrying us through it! :D

I can rejoice in problems because He is Lord! Satan is defeated! And God will weave into the tapestry of our lives the dark threads that set off the bright threads of His will for our lives so that our lives make sense and bring glory to Him! That's the joy of knowing Him and resting in His love.

My basis for believing this is experiencing it, but more than this, by believing His Word where He promises He will be with me! Praise His Holy Name! :wub:

Yesterday, my daily devotion had a question: In the midst of a stressful day, ask youself this question, "Where do you want to be 100 years from now?" If your answer is Heaven, then make all your decisions reflect that goal!

We all need to remember that He is in control and all we do is ultimately for Him. :rolleyes:

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

a couple of things come to mind 1st whatever you're rejoicing about is because of the Lord. 2nd if you're rejoicing don't think that you're safe. the devil is right there to change that i'm sure he isn't a happy camper and will try to change the ordeal.

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems?

that this is GOD's will and whatever happens that he's there with you.

What is your basis for believing that?

when Jesus died and then later rose to heaven he sent down the Holy Spirit to be with us always. to help guide us, give us strength and whatever else we need.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

Knowing God is the way to know that He will take care of us. HE is in control in everything in our lives. He knows our beginnings and our end day, and everything that falls in-between those two days. We are not rejoicing in our circumstance, we are rejoicing in the fact that He is with us and guiding us and allowing these things to be in our lives, because He loves us and sees a need to grow us in a certain direction.

If we don

If we are in distress and without a God at the helm, we would live in fear of our inevitable crash upon the rocks of despair. It is only by knowing that a loving God watches over us that we can rejoice in the midst of pain, sorrow or confusion. Because Jesus interceeded on our behalf, we have been washed in His blood and seen as acceptable to God the Father. God causes or allows things to happen to us along the way, because of his unsearchable plan. We often are not supposed to know why, we are only to serve Him. " Peter, if I allow him to tarry until my return, what is it to you?"

Lesson 2 Q 2

(a) Our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control working even in the midst of difficulty because it shows that our problems no longer control our reponses, but God controls our situations. This gives us the freedom to rejoice in any circumstance.

(B) What we must believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems is God is in control and we are confident that we are "in Christ".

© My basis for believing this is Scripture. Romans 8:28.

If we do not have faith that GOD is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty we have nothing on which to stand. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed, for I am your GOD. I will strengthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

In the midst of my problems I must believe that GOD is in complete control and I base that on His Word. He cannot lie, He always keeps his Word.

Life is out of control, ever since that first sin in the Garden of Eden - but God is always in control. If we believe that, and that He loves us and is working for our good - then we can always rejoice. If we try to live life on our own - we can never really be at ease and rest enough to rejoice - we will always be anxious. Paul knew from past experience and because he had learned who God really is, that God was in control and so he could rest in God's control and rejoice no matter what.

Without our faith that God is in control, we would have no hope. Our lives would be dependent upon fate - life would be like a lottery.

But, if we know that all things work together for good in the lives of believers, we can face problems knowing that God has a plan for our life and He will work it out for His glory.

What is our basis for believing that? The inspired Word of God tells us so and our experiences back it up. God said it and I believe it - that settles it all for me.

If we have faith that God is in control we will not have to spend our time with worry and stress and anxiety, we will be free to rejoice.

We must believe that God is in control.

Romans8:28 We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.

I will tell you all a story and that is what happen to me about believing and trusting in God through rough times. My husband was at deaths door and we, me and my son stood firm in the fact that he was not going to die because God was not finished with him here. He was on life support for over 22 days and he is alive and still here with us today. During that time we had revival at my church and my husband had ask me to go everynight and to sit on the front row and pray for him which I did. I was so happy even though my husband was said to be dying and I just felt the peace of God that he would be okay and return home and praise God he did just that. So believing and standing firm in what the Word of God says is the truth for evermore. AMEN we serve an awusome God.

Since God is in control of ALL things, and since I love Him and am called according to His purpose, then He says He is at work to bring all things together for good.

When I exercise faith and speak God

2a.) (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

2a.) Randi quoted the verse in his reply: "And we know in all things that God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28) I am also drawn to the story of Joseph, right after his father died and his brothers which had sold him into slavery had come to him reminding him of his promise to his father not to take revenge for their act of treachery. Joseph replies: "'Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for the good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives'." (Genesis 50:19-20)

2b.) (1:18b-19) What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems?

2b.) My Father is Heaven is in control. The writer of Hebrews states: "Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?" (Hebrews: 12:7)

2c.) (1:18b-19) What is your basis for believing that?

2c.) "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) :D

God is in control of everything! Believe in prayer and that God answers them. We see glimpses of improvement so it increases our faith. God gives us choices and with the help of the Holy Spirit and discernment we will make the right choices.We must believe that God is in control and that all things work together for good if you love God and are doing the work of. God loves us and will not allow the enemy ground when we are well doing. Count it all JOY!

If you look only at our circumstances they often appear hopeless and discouragement quickly follows but if we believe that

God is in control we have peace and hope and can therefore rejoice. We must believe in the love of God that He wants only the best for us and we must believe that the scriptures that say so are true and are God's actual words to us. Faith in the Unseen is the basis for believing both in God and in His Word.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

Because when things get so bad and out of control that if I don't know that God is ultimately in control I'd freak out, not praise.

I need to know that no matter what happens here, that God is on the throne and that He will work it out for His glory. There are times that I tell myself just that and it helps me get through the moment.

Because I know God personally and His word says that He will work things out for His glory.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

It really is just good sense to rejoice. We can only rejoice when we KNOW that God is in control of any given situation, no matter how out of hand it might seem. To keep our thinking in line with what the Word says, will always result in rejoicing.

That God is a good God and a God of His Word and cares about what we are in the midst of, at all times.

I would honestly be insane right now if not for God... Probably spending the rest of my life in some mental institution. I know that I know that I know .. God is a God of His Word and He saves in every way.

Even while going through the most difficult times in our life, our problems cannot control us because we know that God is in control. We know that God is faithful and will keep His promise to always be there for us.

That no matter what problems we are experiencing, it is God

Our ability to rejoice in the midst of difficulty is dependent on believing that God is in control. Without knowing that He is in control we would fall deeply into sin by trying any and all ways to get around the difficulty or cut it off or cut it short, but in truth God wants us to be in that difficulty so He will be glorified. We must believe that all things will work for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purposes. Our faith will grow stronger and our character will become more God-like. My basis for believing this is personal growth through my own troubles but most importantly because scripture tells me God will never leave nor forsake me, that He keeps His promises.

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependant upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty.

If I didn't believe that God was in control things would be overwhelmingly hopeless and when I take my eyes off Christ and focus on the diffculties it seems that way. I must keep my eyes on Him and not the problems! This requires discipline.

I must believe in His Word and that His promises are for sure. I must remember that His ways are not my ways but His ways are AWESOME!

What is the basis for believing that?

His Word,His Spirit in me, the inner knowledge that He is. The fool sayeth in His heart there is not God.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26