JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Knowing Christ

Q4. (3:8-10) What does it mean to "know" Christ? Does this mean to have faith? Or to have a personal relationship? Is it possible to have a personal relationship with Christ without faith? Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship? Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing means to have faith in and experience a relationship with Him. We cannot expect to know someone if we don't believe in them. It's possible to have faith without a personal relationship, because that's where we all start. In time we have a relationship which brings more knowledge of Him. In my quest to know Him, I read His Word and pray almost daily (99%) and have experienced His working in my life. I have discovered in my own personal experience that He is an awesome, kind, gentle, loving, mercifiul, not afraid to discipline, and funny God. He does have a sense of humor. I know that I need to trust and depend on Him much more. I can honestly say I know Him better today than I did one year ago.

Q4. (3:8-10) What does it mean to "know" Christ? Does this mean to have faith? Or to have a personal relationship? Is it possible to have a personal relationship with Christ without faith? Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship? Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

Satan knows Christ - we must have faith and call Him LORD. That implies that whatever Jesus/God calls us to do we do. In Hebrew thought obedience brings intimacy. We must have that personal relation with Jesus in order to get to know him. say I know Him better today than I did one year ago.

Faith and relationship go hand in hand. The original greek word for faith implies an action to show our faith - - our founding faithers, the patriarchs all stepped out in faith - - Abraham especially - - coming from pagan origin and leaving all he knew to God with God's lead.

I desire everyday to do it better than the day before by the Holy Spirit. I study His Word daily and have a Bible Study group in my home. I hunger and thirst after HIs ways - I came to faith late in life and desire to draw near! :rolleyes:

To know Christ is to develop a close personal relationship with him, through his word, through prayer, to become Christ-like ourselves. Before we can develop a relationship at that level, we must have faith in Christ. Without faith, he will be a mere acquaintance, and his power will not be seen in our life. Conversely, if we aren

Lesson 6 Q 4

(a) What does it mean to "know" Christ?

It means a person's relationship with Christ is more important than anything else. To know Christ should be our ultimate goal. We need to consider our values. To "Know" Christ means we do not place anything above our relationship with Christ. Our priorities need to be right.

(B) Does this mean to have faith? Or to have a personal relationship?

I believe it means both. We have to have faith in Christ to begin a relationship.

© Is it possible to have a personal relationship with Christ without faith? No. We need faith to begin our relationship.

(d) Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship? No. If we have faith in Christ we will want a personal relationship with Him. If we are truly Christians we will be like Paul and long for an even greater intimacy with Jesus. Our relationship will grow over a lifetime.

(e) Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

I am trying to spend more time in the Word and Prayer. Asking for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I want my life to be totally for Christ. To Know Him in every way and above everything. Making Christ my top priority.

To know Christ means to have more than faith! The devil believes that God in Christ exists--and trembles!! He knows at the end, he will lose and Christ will win! If all we have is faith that He exists--even that He is God and will reign--we are lost. We MUST have a personal relationship with Him. :D

No, we cannot have a personal relationship with Christ without faith. How can you have a relationship with someone you don't believe exists and is worthy of your faith? But, unfortunately, you can have faith that He exists and, like the devil, you refuse to bend your knee to Him! Like the devil, you are lost without this obedient, personal relationship. :o

Praise His Name, He has brought me to a personal relationship with Him! It is all His doing, and I trust Him to hold me fast in His precious Hands, guiding me, giving me ability to do whatever He desires me to do, and finally, bringing me to live with Him for an eternity of serving Him in heaven! :rolleyes:

4a.) (3:8-10) What does it mean to "know" Christ?

4a.) To be in an intimate (spiritually) relationship with him.

4b.) (3:8-10) Does this mean to have faith?

4b.) Paul writes: "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)

4c.) (3:8-10) Or to have a personal relationship?

4c.) Both.

4d.) (3:8-10) Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship?

4d.) I don't think so. You can have intellectual assent but this is not saving faith.

4e.) (3:8-10) Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship?

4e.) The writer of Hebrews tells us: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1) It is a matter of the heart as the Psalmist writes: "he knows the secrets of the heart?" (Psalm 44:21b)

4f.) (3:8-10) Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

4f.) I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

to know Christ and to know of him are not the same thing. i'd have to say that i have faith and have a relationship with him as well. and the more i read the more that i know about him. when they say follow in his footsteps, well i don't think that that is possible for anyone. i do as much as i can and what i think he wants of me. knowing that he's alright with it.

To know Christ means you have a personal relationship with Him. You commune with Him on a daily basis. You don't just know about Him but you have a relationship with Him.

When you have faith you believe the reliablity of the one you are trusting.

You can not have a personal relationship with Christ unless you have faith that He exist and faith in who He is.

You can't have faith and not a personal relationship with Him.

I am at a personal level with Christ but I am still striving to know Him better and to love Him more. This will be a life time journey. Not until we get to heaven will it be complete.

To know Christ one must have a personal relationship with Him. To strive to be like Him. The relationshipbegins when we put our faith in Christ and come to salvation.

I think you must have faith to have a relationship--- otherwise you wouldn't believe in Christ.

I am not where I want to be in my quest to know Christ. I strive to be more like Him everyday. Then something happens and stirs up doubt in certain areas of my life, maybe it's not doubt but just uncertainty as to what to do in certain circumstances or situations. I do have communication daily with my Lord and Savior and Praise His Holy Name! With the prompting of the Holy Spirit I tend to pay more attention.

Q4. (3:8-10) What does it mean to "know" Christ?

To know Christ is to believe he is the Son of the Living God that you have by faith excepted him into your life and he now lives in you by faith and you trust totally in him.

Does this mean to have faith?

Faith to trust and believe in someone or something in this case Jesus is our Lord and Savior. We know the word tells us that work without faith is dead and faith without work is dead there for we must work out our salvation before God and without faith that is impossible to do.

Or to have a personal relationship?

Yes I have a personal relationship with Jesus he is my Savior my King of Kings and Lord of Lords one I talk to daily my best friend. He is to me all that I have need of he will never leave me or forsake me so I love him because he first loved me.

Is it possible to have a personal relationship with Christ without faith?

No it is not possible you can hear of Christ and be taught of him an maybe even think he is real but without a personal relationship with him you are not sure he truly is the Christ the Son of the Living God. The only way to truly know him is to have him come into your life and be with you and in you.

Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship? Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

You can get all the book knowledge to know how to make a car or to raise a child but unto you experience it by doing it you do not truly know what it is all about the same with Jesus until you experience him in your life you only have head knowledge not heart knowledge not hands on knowing what he is all about.

To know Jesus is to have the faith that He is who he claims to be. In believing this, we start our journey with him at the helm. We, therefore, must trust him, become like him, be found in him, know him. We can only know him through faith, and only have a personal relationship with him if we believe in him.

I still feel that I am an infant in my faith, still drinking milk while others are feasting.

To know Christ means to have an intimate relationship with him. It means to have a personal relationship but the relationship has be begin with faith. I have met some people who have faith that Christ is real and accept what He did on Calvary but they don't seem to have a deeply personal relationship with Christ.

In my quest to know Christ I have found the better I know Him the deeper my faith becomes and the deeper my faith becomes the better I know Him. I love Him much more than I did when I first came to Him. I am much more aware of His actual Presence. I can sense His nearness even now as I answer this question. What a wonderful privilege and blessing!!!

What does it mean to know Christ?

I guess the word know means different things to different people at different times. I can say I know this person or that and it does not mean trust or put my faith in but when I speak of Christ and use the word know it means to me that I learned of my salvation through Him and put my faith (trust) in Him, that He is the Son of God , the Messiah and that He died for my sins and rose from the dead as my Savior.

To me when I say it about Jesus yes

About Jesus yes

Is it possible to have a personal relationship without faith?

No we are saved through faith.

Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship?

Faith that the history of His existence is accurate yes but a personal relationship with Him requires faith. Matthew 7: 21-23

Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

I seem to go through growing spurts sometimes and when I'm not growing enough nothing makes me happy. Only abiding in Him brings true contentment. I need to grow more and more and more.

Lets remember to pray for each other until that day when we all meet before the throne of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ!!

God Bless!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Hello everybody.

A growing personal relationship with God. To know. I have faith in Christ that He will do as He promised. Knowing Christ is to know and understand what He did for us and why. To have and intimate relationship with Christ, that He is in your heart.

Yes, because we have to believe, have faith that He did what He set out to do and that he offers us forgiveness and salvation.

Yes, to know God is to have a personal relationship with Him and He knows us to. You must have faith that He exists to have that personal relationship.

I don't think it is a relationship at all if you don't have faith. How can you if you don't understand why He did what did for you? If you don't know Him intimately the relationship is more like an aquiantance relationship than a personal one and those types of relationships do not last long.

How can we have a personal relationship with Christ if we don't know Him. That is like saying our best friend is someone that we have only met once. We have to believe that God is going to be with us through thick and thin just like a true best friend. Once in a while your true best friend will let you down but God will never let you down and that is where faith comes in and where your personal relationship with Him becomes real.

I have a personal relationsip with God. I believe that He came to save me and that if I were the only person on earth He still would have gone to the cross for me. It took a long time to grasp that concept. I know that He is my best friend and that He will never let me down. My relationship is not perfect because I still try to take control but he is always there waiting for me to come back to Him.There is so much more for me to learn so I can get to know Him better. The quest is never over.JESUS LOVES YOU, HE REALLY LOVES YOU!!!

To know Christ you have to have more than head knowledge of him . You have to believe who he says he is. And have a personal relationship with him. To trust him in all he says and does.

You have to have faith to believe he is real. Without faith I don't think there is a away to really know him. We would just know of him.

I want to know everything about him that i can. The reason I do these studies. I still have so much to learn. I keep striving to know more. :rolleyes:

To "know" Christ, in the biblical sense, is to have intimacy as in a marriage, knowing one another in the day to day movements, conversation, caring, touching etc. This can only come after faith which is birthed on one's first confession. To know Christ is the potential of being born again - it's what we are born again for! Faith and personal relationship are like two sides of one coin and can't be separated.

Where am I? Even after all these years I think I am just beginning. It's a case of the more I draw close, the more I need to draw closer. There is so much in the Godhead, and one day we shall know as also we are known. Imagine that!

What does it mean to know Christ?Does this mean to have faith? or to have

a personal relationship?Is it possible to have a personal relationship with Christ without faith?Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship?Where are you on your quest to know Christ?

To know Christ is to have an intimate relationship with Him, a daily seeking

to know His will for your life. To know Him, and be ready to obey Him in whatever He calls you to do. Also, to come to the realization that you are

dead to sin and alive unto God, with a constant desire to press on , even in

times that we don't understand what God is doing. Recently, I have heard

from John Hagee the statement, " When you're down to nothing, God is up

to something".

P.s. I hope this is true, for it seems at this time in my life, God has closed

all doors of opportunity to me. I NEED YOUR PRAYERS.

To truly know Christ, faith and a personal relationship go hand in hand.

you CANNOT know Christ or have a personal relationship with Him without

faith, for "without faith , it is impossible to please Him".

F A I T H (acrostic) Forsaking all I trust Him.

In my quest to know Christ , I am on a journey every day of my life. What

we know about Christ, you can put on the head of a needle. To know Christ

is to know God-our omnipresent,omnisicient, omnipotent Lord.

Don't you think it strange, that Paul, one of God greatest servants, goes on

to make the statement late in life , "That I May know Him". If Paul doesn"t

know Christ , then who does?????.

What does it mean to "know" Christ?

We come to know Christ by first accepting him as Savior,then having a growing personal relationship with Him thruout our lifetime. :)

I believe it means both. You can't know Christ unless you have faith that He died for your sins. You can't know Christ unless you are willing to develop a personal relationship and spend time with Him on a daily basis. :)

Is it possible to have a personal relationship with Christ without faith?

A relationship with Christ is impossible without saving faith.

We need to trust Jesus as our Savior first before we can hope to develope a personal relationship with him. ;)

Is it possible to have faith without a personal relationship?

No. I don't believe it's possible. <_<

Where are you in your quest to know Christ?

Right now I'm trying my best to spend time reading my bible and to spend time in prayer daily. Also I try to spend time with other believers who have the same hunger to know Him like I want to. One of the reasons for participating in this online study is a desire to develop a more intimate relationship with Jesus. :D

Edited by linda bass

When Zacchaeus climbed the tree to see Jesus better, he knew only about Jesus. But when Jesus came into his house and communed with him, he started to get to "know' more about him at personal level. "today salvation has come to this house" And this caused to change his attitude towards his life's activities. When we seek, allow and know the Lord Jesus Christ, he moulds my life for better and higher purposes. As Jesus works in our life,it is our faith in HIS lordship that enables us to bear fruit from the power HE gives us. Faith and personal relationship are both interdependent and mutually effective and productive. I have full faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, but have few hinderances to "know' HIM fully and totally enjoy his fellowship.