JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Rejoicing -- Passive or Active?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rejoicing in the Lord can be either a feeling or an action, or combination. Sometimes you feel so full of joy in Him that you think you might burst! But many times that feeling isn

Q1. (4:4-5) Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?

Rejoicing is both feeling and action in us that love the Lord. The love we have for him will cause us to rejoice inwardly and outwardly. It is a time of love between you and Jesus to express the joy you have in knowing him. :)

How should you seek to fulfill this command if you don't feel like it?

Yes we should always seek to fulfill and the commands give to us in the word. This one is such a blessing to the one that is rejoicing. It is a blessing to those around you to see you have such great love for the Lord Jesus Christ and that you feel him love in you and rejoice in this love. The Joy of the Lord is our strength. :D

What is the effect of rejoicing?

Joys effects all the things you do and feel. It is rejoicing that let you enter into the presence of the Lord. Enter his gates with thanksgiving in your hearts enter his courts with praise. When we go before the Lord he wants praise and joy to be part of what we come to do with him. This is a personal walk with Jesus and to rejoice in Jesus just makes all things seem to be easier to take and understand. Praise him all ye people, Praise him in the morning praise him in the noon time, Praise him when the sun goes down. It is just like pray without ceasing it is rejoice without ceasing. Praise your Holy name Jesus you are worthy of all Praise Honor and Glory. Hallelujah, Jesus our Prince of Peace, Faithful and True you are who we live to rejoice in. Thank you so much for your Joy.

J is for Jesus for he has first place.

O is for others we meet face to face.

Y is for you and what ever you do put yourself last and spell JOY. :wub:

Rejoicing in the Lord is an action accompanied by feeling. I think the will is the first operative. We do it as commanded, knowing the benefits. If the feelings are not there originally, they do arrive when we are in the act of rejoicing. In thanksgiving and rejoicing we come into contact with our God.

If I don't feel like it I remember that my feelings are useful information to me but are not my motivating and driving force. My will has that position in my life. And my will is submitted to God.

The effect of rejoicing is coming again in touch with Elohim, the Eternal, the Omega and the Alpha, the Christ. The effect is to be swept away into the heavenlies whence we operate on this earth. The effect is to remember who we are in the Blood of the Redeemer. Our mood is transformed into His likeness!

Lesson 8 Q 1

(a) Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?

Rejoicing in the Lord is an action. Ultimate joy comes from Christ dwelling within us. Therefore, if Christ is in us, we should be full of joy (like Paul) no matter what situations we are in and our actions should show this.

(B) How should you seek to fulfill this command if you don't feel like it?

Ask the Lord to fill you with this joy and follow His leading.

© What is the effect of rejoicing?

Joy, Joy, Joy. If Christ dwells within us, no matter what happens, Jesus Christ is with us. It is an attitude of mind in the Lord and towards the Lord.

Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?

It can be both but sometimes it begins out of action because we will it when we don't feel like it.

I don't know if there is one specific answer for everyone on every occassion.

We need to pray and I find turning to the Psalms or a couple other books in the Bible and also hymns can help.

It gets you out of the negative and focuses on the joy of our Lord. But it also is appropriate because of all that He has done for us. I remember an old cross stitch sampler I had that said "Faith can break the sky in two and let the face of God shine through". That shows on our face and then it spreads. Its contagious!!

God Bless!

Jen

Jude: 20,21

It's both. Sometimes I rejoice in the Lord without feeleing but with the action of singing and boom, I'm emotionally rejoicing. If I feel like rejoicing then it is followed by action. Once, upon driving to a service I thought "I don't want to sing, I just want to hear the message" and that very day the Lord showed me that there's a lot to rejoicing in Him. I became tearful and emotional and realized I was being preached to and healed through the songs we sang that day. I never thought that way again. So I sing whether I feel like it or not and true rejoicing soon follows. Although now I have to sing since I was asked to join the choir.

Q1. (4:4-5) Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action? How should you seek to fulfill this command if you don't feel like it? What is the effect of rejoicing?

When you rejoice in the Lord you have a feeling of joy; rejoicing is an action; though an inward one, that produces the feeling of joy.

I find one way to fulfill this command is to do what the old fashioned song says, Count your many blessings. Also reminding myself of what Christ did for me on Calvary and remembering all the times in the past that God has been there for me.

Rejoicing brings joy, and a sense of fellowship with Christ.

Rejoicing - comes from within - - rejoicing is a feeling that most of the time in glad rejoicing comes out in some form of expression. The key is rejoicing always in the good times and bad - - rejoicing that God is in control and loving you - - even when things on earthly measurement are not so good.

Rejoicing is a decisive action, we need to decide that we are going to rejoice no matter what. It is not just feelings!

We must find joy in God loves us, Christ died for us, our names are written down in Heaven. We must think on Godly things.

Rejoicing will bring blessings and power from on high.

I'm very sorry that my reply is a bit late. ;)

I do think that rejoicing in the Lord is an action. Our feelings is based on our situations; if things are going good, then we are happy; if things are going not so well then we feel sad or discourage. But when we rejoice, it doesn't matter what the situation is. We can be sad, but we are still rejoicing in our heart. Our attitude determines whether we are rejoicing or whether we are just feeling a certain way. That was the reason why Paul had to tell the Philippian church to 'Rejoice in the Lord Always'; even when things were not going their way. So even when things are not going our way, we ought to always have that possitive Christlike attitude.

The only thing that can help us to keep this command of rejoicing always is to stay in God's word. Stay in communication with God through his word and prayer. Satan uses our circumstances to determine our feeling, but if we continue to remind ourselves of God's promises we will find it very easy to keep this command.

The effect of rejoicing is a positive mind and a spirit of contentment. :)

Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action? How should you seek to fulfill this command if you don't feel like it?

it starts as a feeling and spreads out to other things. you fell great about GOD,yourself, everything..so you want to share your feelings. which makes you take action. this takes form in several ways. by telling of your feeling and experience, by wanting to help those who may be in the prediciment you were or still are in

or anything else you can do. especially being a disciple of GOD.

hopefully it will spread like a grape vine continueing and producing fruit of life.

1a.) (4:4-5) Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?

1a.) Rejoicing in the Lord is an action of faith in appreciation for the gift of salvation.

1b.) (4:4-5) How should you seek to fulfill this command if you don't feel like it?

1b.) By remembering "as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. (Isaiah 62:5b)

1c.) (4:4-5) What is the effect of rejoicing?

1c.) "Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!" (Revelation 19:7) You are giving God glory, exalting Him.

Both! You feel love for God and other people and show it by your actions. Think on heavenly things rather than earthly things that are eating at you. THINK JESUS!

It is infectious! When you see someone rejoicing in the Lord you tend to think different and seek more of the Lord to find it. You look at people different and feel different because of it. There are some things that you can not change so give them to God. Pray and let God be God!

I think that rejoicing in the Lord is a little bit of both, feeling and action. To be in a state of happiness and well-being. What is that? It is an inward feeeling of joy that is overflowing just waiting to burst outward. Nothing wrong with a real loud "PRAISE THE LORD!!!" as far as I am concerned. Rejoicing is a state of mind as well as an action or feeling.

Rejoicing 24/7/365 is very hard if not impossible to do. When I feel down in the pits and rejoicing is the farthest thing from my mind I employ what I call "Fake it til' ya' make it." Not to deceive anyone except for my own mind. I will fake the joy, the rejoicing, the whole attitdue of salvation until my mind and body are filled with the true desire to rejoice always. The joy becomes real. It is like willing yourself to be well. You wouldn't believe the results and how close it can bring you to Christ.

You gain more love for the Lord, more love for others, more love for yourself. Rejoicing can effect the body, mind and spirit. It uplifts the sick. It uplifts the church. It uplifts God. The list could go on, and on, and on. Rejoicing makes you want to rejoice, jump up and down and bask in the light of the SON.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE ABSOLUTELY, PASSIONATELY LOVES YOU!!!

Q1. (4:4-5) Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action? How should you seek to fulfill this command if you don't feel like it? What is the effect of rejoicing?

Q1. (4:4-5) Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?

It is both a feeling and a action. When you are rejoicing it spills out into all we do. :rolleyes:

When we don't feel like it. We just have to remember his love and makes it easier to rejoice. How can we not rejoice after he gave his life for us? <_<

It brings sweet peace :rolleyes:

Rejoicing isn't just a passive,spontaneous reaction,but a deliberate action.

We our to find joy in the fact that God loves us and that Jesus died for our sins.

If you are stuggling with the command to 'rejoice',then you need to ask the Lord to open your heart and life to 'joy'.

The effect of rejoicing is that our faith grows. :D

Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?How should you seek to fullfill

this command if you don't feel like it?What is the effect of rejoicing?

Rejoicing in the Lord is , I believe, First, an action, which then becomes a

feeling. I believe as you begin to sing and praise the Lord from your heart

then the Holy Spirit is activated in your praise life. IN the Old Testament,

it states, "And when they begin sing and praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon."It's obvious from this scripture, that the

Lord responded to their praise by giving them victory.

YOu can seek to fulfill this command by reading the WORD, especially the

Psalms, where David demonstrates how to exalt God, even in times when

I am sure he did not feel like it. " IN everything give thanks, for this is the

will of God concerning you". WE ARE COMMANDED IN THE LAST PSALM, "

Let everything that hath breath, praise the Lord".

The effect of rejoicing is that it restores your communication and fellowship

with God, and it puts you back on track in the will of God.

• 1 month later...

Rejoicinng in the Lord, is an attitude of the heart. We should rejoice that our names are written in the Lambs book of life, that Jesus died for our sins, that God loves us! I had to sit here and pray Lord open my heart to that

joy! Because I don't often feel it any more!

It was good to be reminded that it isn't "about a feeling".

Its a fact!! The effect of rejoicing would be peace!

• 1 month later...

Is rejoicing in the Lord a feeling or an action?

It can just be an action or it can be feeling that generates the action automatically. This is another command that God gives us even when we don't see anything to rejoice in. We should always rejoice in who He is regardless of the circumstances. Different things affect our ability to "feel" like rejoicing like stress or medications or some tragedy that befalls us or maybe someone close to us. Therefore it should be an action that we take regardless.

Pray!! and then do it because He says!

It glorifies Him and lifts our spirits if they are down!

As always I have a lot of work to do in this area.

When I first started this study I had sinus problems that made me miserable and concentration was hard. I always try to rejoice but sometimes I am prone to let circumstances get me down. It "feels" so much better to know we have a great God we can rejoice in and focus on Him.

God Bless!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26