JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Relationship through Prayer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we lay our innermost needs before God and seek his comfort, we reveal much about our priorities to him, and to ourselves. As we expose our frailties and bring our concerns to God, we commit to an intimate relationship built on trust and faith.

It is true God knows all. He knows our needs before we speak them

The fact that we are communicating with Him builds a relationship and when our prayers are answered it builds trust - trust that He hears us and answers us. God's peace will transcend our minds and give us a peace that surpasses anything we could imagine. He will do this if we let Him.

Making requests is part of a relationship with a father. Sometimes the father says "no", sometimes "wait" (until Christmas!), sometimes, "yes, we'll do that". If it's a good father he will also give understanding about these various answers and build patience and obedience in the child, thus maturing him into a wise man. Relationship and wisdom go very much together, building the power of partnership. This is what Father offers us. How blessed we are! Father has all wisdom, knowledge and Truth. As we come to Him with needs/requests, he builds into us these qualities and makes men and women of us who light the world.

In the promise of peace God provides EVERYTHING. All we have to do is believe Him and lock into it with our obedient trust! God gave us a will. He has never removed it. It's a healthy feature of our humanity. He expects us to use it to constantly trust and obey. Then we'll see the glory of God in everything.

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Everytime we commune with God - we know Him better - - the more time we spend, the more His ways and character are made known. As we see how God answers our prayers (not always the way in which we would answer them) we can see His divine wisdom and purpose in our lives - - which helps us to grow more like Him.

Lesson 8 Q 3

(a) Making our requests known to God helps build a relationship and trust by having a conversation with God deepens our relationship and trust with Him. By making request to God we are trusting our Heavenly Father and turning only to Him to meet our needs. It shows who we rely on to bring us peace.

(B) God's part in the promise of peace is when we pray with thanksgiving, God's peace will guard our hearts and mind. God will provide security over our mind and His peace will banish turmoil and worry.

:P I often forget God when I have too many things to do or have too much burden on me. However, if I present all things to Him, I can see that God is doing all (but not by me). By acknowledging Him in every moment, the relationship with God is built. Trusting in God is a natural outcome.

Our heart can be changed only by Holy Spirit. When I obey Him, He gives me a peace in my deep heart. And this is His promise.

In James 4:2b-3, God says "You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."

First thing we have to do in our daily life is to ask Him with right motives.

How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? it's like talking to your best friend (but better) you can say anything that you want knowing that it's being heard, listened to, heart felt and if it's in need of a reaction it will get the appropriate one.

What is God's part in the promise of peace?

peace of mind that GOD will do what is needed for those who truly believe and love him.

3a.) (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

3a.) Because it reminds us where and from whom all things flow.

3b.) (4:7) What is God's part in the promise of peace?

3b.) "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace

We only make our requests and deep needs known to someone we trust isn't going to hurt us or turn on us once we have been open with them, so communicating our needs to God signifies that trust and our relationship deepens. God promises to give us peace when we turn it all over to Him.

I had a pastor once who said, if we wait for the promise to come we will be a people of peace.

That if we pray with thanksgiving God's peace will guard our hearts and mind. He will provide security over our minds, frustrations and worries will leave. By making our requests known to God, we are expressing that we trust Him to answer. He is always closer than a brother, and all we have to do is speak His Name. It is beyond human rational understanding that when we pray that we would heaar from heaven. That we have a heritage in Christ is beyond understanding but I live for the day when I go home to my inheritance.

God says when we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us, therefore when we bring our request to Him we draw near to Him. As we go to God with all our needs and thanksgiving our relationship grows because we are spending time with Him and trustng in Him.

God will bring peace that passess all understanding if we pray with thanksgiving and deliberately trust Him.

Well first, God already knows what we are going to request. However, He wants us to have a personal relationship with Him so we have to make our requests known to Him. When we pray we are trusting God that he will answer our prayers. They may not always be answered the way that we want but they will always be answered the way that God wants and we must trust that what He wants is the way that it needs to be. We have to open a channel of communication so that we know and trust and have faith that He is hearing us and so we will know that He will do what is best for us. He wants us to ask, to talk to Him. Then He wants us to trust Him, that He will do what He says that He will do. Give us peace, security and the list goes on, and on, and on.

Gods promise of peace, that surpasses all of our understanding will take away the anxiety, the worry. He will guard us, give us security. Guard our hearts...what a soothing thought. God, the Father will take care of us.

JESUS LOVES YOU, HE ABSOLUTELY, PASSIONATELY LOVES YOU!!!

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

We need a relationship with God as we need a relationship with our Dad and Mom and friends here on this earth. If you never talk to someone they do not know what you have need of. We need each other and more than any we need to talk to our Lord and Savior he knows you inside out but he wants a relationship with you. He knew Peter and the disciples but still he ask questions to build a relationship with them. He did not have to ask them one question he knew their thoughts still he wanted to build a bond a personal relationship with them as he does us today. Here in this scripture you see that Jesus ask Peter who he says he is? Jesus already knew the answer but he wanted to communicate with them to build the relationship.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

God wants a relationship with each of us and he needs to hear from us to build that up and to build up our faith and trust in him. :rolleyes:

What is God's part in the promise of peace? He said for us to ask and we shall receive and if we don't ask he does not have to keep the promise I am not saying he will not but we need to do our part. The IF's in the bible are very important. All promises come with an If read them and see. Thank you Lord for the blessing if we trust and obey. :D

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a

relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of

peace?

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a

relationship and trust?

When we give him our request we are showing him we trust him. Shows we desire a relationship with him. And know he will take care of us. :rolleyes:

He will take are anxieties and turn it into peace when we learn to trust him enough to give him our request. There is nothing that comes close to the peace that he can give us. Thank you Jesus. :rolleyes:

Once we have an idea of what we are lacking in our lives, we can put our requests before God. What comes back to us is very often much different from what we asked for, but because we trust Him to do what is best for us, thereby building a relationship with Him that is solid.

By trusting Him this way, we can cast our problems to Him, knowing He will handle them for us.

When we make our requests known to God,we are letting Him know that we are trusting Him to listen and to meet our needs.

We are also trusting Him to answer our prayers in a way that He believes is best for us,regardless of rather or not it was the answer we were seeking.

God's part in the promise of peace goes beyond rational understanding.

If we are patient and rest in God,He will quiet our spirits and allow us to find peace. :)

When we make our requests known to God,we are letting Him know that we are trusting Him to listen and to meet our needs.

We are also trusting Him to answer our prayers in a way that He believes is best for us,regardless of rather or not it was the answer we were seeking.

God's part in the promise of peace goes beyond rational understanding.

If we are patient and rest in God,He will quiet our spirits and allow us to find peace. :)

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

By making our requests known to God, we are telling Him that we trust Him.

We have the promise that He will only give us what we need, not just what we say we want. We can trust Him and believe in His Word. :rolleyes:

How does making our request known to God build a relationship and trust?What is God's part in the promise of peace?

The bible says, " Be careful for nothing , but in everything by prayer and supplication , Let your requests be known unto God and the peace of God

which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ

Jesus." Also, "CAll upon me and I will shew you great and mighty things,

which you do not know". Making our request, WITH THANKSGIVING, will

build an intimate relationship with the Father. The answer to our request,

whether it be no, yes, or wait will develop trust, maturity, and dependance

upon the Lord in our christian walk.

God's Word says, " Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee". I believe God's part in the promise of peace is to settle

our hearts in the issues that confront us.

WHEN PEACE LIKE A RIVER ATTENTETH MY SOUL

AND SORROWS LIKE SEA BILLOWS ROLL

WHATEVER MY LOT, THOU HAST TAUGHT ME TO SAY,

IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

p.s When someone in the forum shares a personal need , I immediately

stop and pray for that individual. This would be good for all of us , to stenghten and encourage each other in the faith.

• 1 month later...

Because we know that we can go to God with anything, at anytime, for whatever reason!! And as we begin to see

God's answers to these prayers, our faith in Him grows

stronger, and deeper. We realize that God is on our side.

Even if we pray and the answer isn't what we think it should be, we know God KNOWS what He is doing, and we trust Him!!! Gods part in the promise of peace, is to garrison and mount guard over our hearts(amp. vers.)to

keep us in that perfect peace!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...