JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Praying Boldly

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our prayers? Upon what logical grounds does moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

Moses offer this bold appeal to Yahweh because these are His people. The people of Israel. He pleads for mercy rather than condemnation upon them.

To pray the promise of Yahweh means to pray according to what He has said in Scripture. This is the basic for which Yahweh will act.

If you cease to know what Yahweh has said, you can't possibly get a prayer answered. Yahweh is only obligated to act on what He has said. It is His indispensable duty to act upon what He has said. I am reminded that getting a prayer answered is like getting money out of the bank. If you don't know your account number, then you can't get the funds out.

When we support our prayers with Scripture, we align ourselves with Elohim's will. We pray with Yahweh's will rather than contrary to it.

We should not approach God as if we want to change God' mind. If God destroys the Israelites the people of Eygpt will say God took His people to the desert to destroy them. You are to pray according to His character, righteousness, and precedets. If you know the word of God you can be in His will. We align our deserse with God's.

What an inspiring prayer. I simply cannot help but be drawn to it in prayer for America. We have such an obvious rich heritage of faith in God with His divine guidance and protection, and yet the eyes of our culture have become so darkened to the light of truth that we are turning away from Him with increasing, alarming speed to worship idols of our own making. His Body of believers in this nation is being influenced by that darkness. We are soft and careless and too often uneducated in the truth ourselves. For my country, my family and friends, and my Body of Christ, this is a wonderful prayer of intercession.

The Lord is looking for those who will approach His throne boldly with confident prayer and praise! It is wise to pray for God to satisfy His holy justice with great mercy. It is wise to pray for the reputation of His name to be guarded and gloriously lifted up to the ungodly lost by His faithfulness to what He has assured for His own people. It is wise to speak back to Him the truth of His own words of promise because that is what He has bound Himself to act upon.

You cannot pray His promises without knowing what they are. That requires study of His Word. Believing comes by hearing, so it increases my faith to hear the Word spoken into my own ear, my own heart. When I pray His own Word back to Him, I am honoring Him with faith that what He has said is the truth. It also opens my eyes to a greater picture of what God is doing, and gives me a greater concern for those I pray for. When I pray His own Words of promise, I know I am stepping into His will. And He has said that His will shall be done!

WHEM MOSES PRAYED TO GOD IN BOLDNESS,AND TELLING GOD ,THESE ARE YOUR PEOPLE,WHICH YOU HAD ALREADY BROUGHT OUT OF EGYPT(REMINDING GOD)HOW HE FREED THEM,AND WHAT HIS PROMISE WAS TO THEM.PLEASE FORGIVE THEM AND NOT DESTROY YOUR PEOPLE.i BELIEVE IN PRAYING GODS PROMISE IS HAVING THAT TRUST IN GOD THAT GOD WILL HONOR HIS PROMISES TO YOU.i MYSELF HAVE SEEN RESULTS,BECAUSE I HAVE PRAYED TO GOD ABOUT HIS PROMISES.kNOWING YOUR BIBLE HELPS YOU KNOW GOD.THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF PRAYERS YOU SEE ANSWERED IN THE BIBLE.YOU SEE GODS WILL FOR OTHERS IN THE BIBLE ,SO IN TURN YOU KNOW GOD WILL BE TRUE TO YOU IN YOUR WILL FOR YOUR LIFE.GODS WORD IS HOLY,AND PRAYING THE SCRIPTURES BACK TO GOD SHOWS GOD YOU BELIEVE HIS WORD.

Moses great appeal to God was to His mercy and love. He reminded God of the promises He had made to His people, to lead them to the promised land, and how the Egyptians knew of this and would witness God's inefficacy if that did not happen, and speak ill of Him. He prayed within God's stated purpose, to bring the people through to the new country. He longed to see God glorified as His plan was fulfilled. We too need to pray within God's stated will (scripture), for His glory, (reputation in the eyes of non-believers), stating our dependence on and trust in His mercy, submitting our interests before the interests of our community.

Moses' prayer is all logically based on the above grounds.

The promises of God are clearly stated in Scripture and there are many of them. Scripture is the work of the Holy Spirit, and as we state scripture we are connecting with the Holy Spirit, meaning that our prayers have His power behind them. These are the things we can legally ask for and expect God to respond positively. Even more, these are the things God wants to hear about when we come before Him, because they are the "bones" of Life. By praying the promises of God we are in alignment with His holy Spirit and He can respond. Outside of scripture we have no basis for approaching the throne of grace anyway!

The Bible helps us get our prayers answered in every possible way. It shows us what pleases God and how we may approach Him, even giving us the very words we may use. The better we know it the better we canuse His Word in our prayers, and the more we'll prosper.

Praying scripture ensures that we are in line with God's word and that He will hear us.

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

Pleading to God and putting up a case before him and gain his favour and to decide depending on a petition or case put before him.

Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? Moses reasons as shown below

Because the Israelites are God's own people

Because of God's reputation among the heathen

Because of God's promises

Because of God's character

Because of God's consistent mercy.

What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? God's promises are permenant and God himself knows how to stick to his word and his promises. Because his word and promises are true, and cannot be voided.

How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? Knowing the bible displays your maturity in the word. And also makes you to quote specific and relevant promises in the word which makes God arrive at a decission.

How does this help our prayers be within God's will? God is an orderly God and his will for us are clearly spelt out in his promises for mankind. It is therefore in his will for us to be organised when putting up a case before him.

we need to pray accordin to God's will.

When we pray his word and promises to those who have gone before us we acknowledge that we are under those same promises as God's words and covenants are everlasting.

We also need to remind ourselves of God's character, this remebereance will produce the boldness we need to lay claim to those very promises.

It's our intimacy with the Lord that reveal our relationship with Him.

The prayers prayed with his word and will will always get peferential treatment over the words and will of man.

Jesus said the things I do ,I do because i have seen My father doing them.

So we too must see the Father doing them and this by what he has said and done with other as written in the Bible.

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

Boldness is the first word. Moses faced the Lord God and told Him point blank that YOU will be ill talked of. What courage to advice the Lord God himself!! That comes be being constantly in communion with God and knowing His thoughts very well. Moses was in sync with God, that's why he could so easily turn back God's mind.

Moses told the Lord that people would scoff at the name of the Lord who couldn't finish what He started off. By wiping all Israel, people who heard about the mighty deeds of the God of Israel, would lose all credibility in Him. The Israelites were God's own people. If He finishes them off in the wilderness, He would break His own promises made to their forefathers.

Pray the promises of God would mean to remind God of His promises and claim them. Not that God would forget, but that we would be reminded of His promises made to us and claim them in faith.

Knowing God's word and His promises made to us will clear many doubts that exist in our minds. Claiming those promises will make and increase our faith. Praying for those promises to be fulfilled in our lives will make us to be in sync with God's will. That is praying in God's will. Praying in God's will is sure to get our prayers answered because He promised in the Bible that whatsoever ye ask in my name, think that you have got it. What more promise do we require.

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

1st moses is praying with other intent than himself in mind. taking the chance that GOD will punish him for not just doing what he's told. seeing that moses is willing to take that chance and so giving it to him, for his people.

Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God?

what the egyptians would say as well as the promise he had previously made to abe, isaac and isreal.

What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"?

to make his promises ours as well and as disciples lend GOD a hand in seeing that they get accomplicated.

How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered?

the more you know GOD and his ways shows you what is expected of you so that you can do it. GOD knows that if you read his word there's a high percentage that you will truly believe in Jesus which means you'll then practice what it says.

How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

from past examples and the knowing of GOD better and what he's looking for or expecting.

Thank you all for help helping me understand what for me was difficult to understand and answer!! PRAISE GOD!!!

1. Boldness, confidence, and concern for others based on a pureness of heart. Humbleness?

2. The only logic I understand is knowing God's word.

3. To pray the promises of God means that we know Him and have faith and trust in Him. Love?

4. I believe all prayers are answered. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes we wait for God's timing.

5. If we are praying the promises of God, we know what they are and know something about God and who he is.

These questions for me are all closely related to one central point. For us it means study our bible. That is how we understand God's character, will, and essence. Moses didn't have the Bible. He had a different communication with God. Moses didn't have the benifit of studying the Bible and figuring it out, we do. With the Holy Spirit's guidance we can have that, minus the problems of pride and self rightousness.

In each of our walks with Jesus there are differences, and the questions and answers have a different meaning. Let's be who God would have us be, and not try to be like someone who we think is cool. God created one Moses for his purpose. Praise God for what he did through Moses.

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

Recall God's promises, character, righteousness, and precedents.

If God didn't save the people the heathen would say He was unable to and brought them into the desert to kill them thereby giving the impression that He was not a loving God.

It means to be familiar with the scriptural promises God has made and include them in our prayer, reminding both ourselves and God of them.

When you know the scriptures when you pray you have the confidence that you are praying according to the will of God.

Follow Moses' guide: appeal to God's character, His love and grace toward sinning mankind, and to uphold His character among the nations of the world. He cannot--and will not--act contrary to His character.

Moses offers this appeal by referring to God's promises to this race of people--that they are His chosen race. Moses appeals to God about what the heathen would say about Him "not being able to save these people from the desert, so destroying them" and how that would sully His Holy Name. Moses reminds God of His grace that He offers to mankind--not because they deserve it, but because He wants :) to do it.

When we pray according to God's character and mercy, we are "praying the promises of God"! When we pray thus, we are in God's will, and He will honor prayers made in His character.

Often, He waits to see if we understand His character in situations, wanting us to grow up into what He desires us to become.

We must know God's Word--how else can we know what God's character is like? Only when we pray for His Will--not just end the prayer with a tacked on "in Jesus Name"--can we expect God to respond to our prayer. :rolleyes:

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

We need to think of the whole problem. Not put what would benefit us first and foremost before God so that we will appear selfish and greedy. We need to know that God's heart can be touched by the love one for another. When we pray and ask for others she knows our hearts are censer and that we are reaching out not for us alone but for those that he loves and cares for.

He based it upon the words that would be spoken of God that he was unfair and not a just God to bring them out just to kill them. To let the Egyptians be able to say he was not a God that loved his people but one that would bring them out to destroy them. He would not be a God that others would desire to serve.

Know the word of God. Keep it in your heart, the only way to do that is to read and reread it till you know it in your mind. Memorize it and be able to speak it back to God as a reminder of his promises.

God cannot lie. He word is life and his word is what he will always do for his people it has been this way since Adam and Eve. What he says he will do he does. To speak his word lets him know you understand his promises and count on them.

Gods word is his will for our lives. He gave rules then to follow as he does us today. We are under a new covenant yes but still under the law also Jesus did not come to do away with the law but to fulfill it. So we need to keep our prayers so that we are in his will at all times. :o

Q2 What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to pray the promises of God? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

They didn't deserve it, but Moses pleaded for his people because he was concerned about God's reputation among unbelievers. Think of the reputation you give God by your life. What your friends and neighbors think about God is more impaortant than what they think of you.

Moses pleaded with God, asking him to forgive his people. His please revels severral characteristics of God. 1. God is imensely patient: 2. God's love is one thing we can always count on. God fogives us again and again, He is merciful listening to and answering our request. Like Moses, we can rely on God's love, patience, forgivness and mercy,

How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

Every call of God to his people is a call to those in whom He delights. Therefore, we should know, no difficulty need daunt us. We are called to prayer and meet God in our own strenght. He will be with us in our path of obedience to prayer.

When you pray, you should stand on God's word by quoting the scriptures. God is not a man that he should lie. When you pray say 'God, you said in your word....' and then recite the scripture that is pertinent to your situation. When you don't stand on his word, it is like having dental insurance that you do not use. We have a book of promises to stand on. If we don't use it, it is of no use to us.

Q2 What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

A sacrificial love for all people.

The promises that God gave to the Patriarchs.

It means reminding God that we remember the promises He made.

You won't have to look up Scripture when you need it for prayer, it will be right on the tip of your memory.

Because we are praying for Him to continue to uphold His own divine promises.

1) Moses first inquired unto the Lord of His original plans for bringing the children our of Egypt and how it would bring victory to Egypt and the gods that they worshipped. He appealed to first to the Lords intent.

2) Moses then asked God to turn from His wrath and to repent of His thoughts against His people, thus providing the foundation for a faithful God.

3) Moses iterated God's promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Israel - the servants of the Lord to multiply their seed and deliver them unto the land of inheritance forever.

4) The Lord repented of His evil thoughts.

When we pray intercession, we must know the Word of God and the Will of God and be within His character, filled and led by the Holy Spirit to pray intercession. If we pray anything other than the will of God, we are practicing witchcraft in the name of God and this is using his name in vain and comitting adultry and idoltry as we are now lifting ourselves higher than the Lord. We betray the Lord - much like the kiss of Judas.

If you do not know the promises of God and the will of God - do not pray intercession. There is an impartation that takes place during intercessory pleas to the Lord - you are partakers and receivers of the impartation. What you pray for other will be returned unto you - this is the will of the Father - so be careful of who and what you pray. Also be careful of those who you allow to lay hands upon you for the same impartation can take place - you want to be partakers of the promises throught the will of God - nothing else. Anything else prayed is witchcraft and like Aaron, you become a partaker.

Moses was reminding God that these people had just came out of Egypt. They had yet a long way to go before their ways of thinking could be changed. I think Moses realized their limitations at this point. When we as Christians are helping new ones come to know Christ we to can forget that they are just "babies" and become frustrated and even angry at their hard headedness. When we pray for others we should remember, that it is not us doing the work, but God through us. God said to Moses"these people you brought out" Moses said"The people you (GOD)brought out. Moses also asked how this would look to the Egyptians, and what would they think if God destroyed them.

When we pray the promises of God, we are reminding Him of what He has said, and God watches over His word to perform it!!! Praise the Lord!!!

We need to know the Bible, to know the promises!!When we pray Gods will and His word, they line up perfectly, and God does what He says He will do. His Word goes forth (out of our mouths as we pray)and it does not return void, but accomplishes what God intends!!

A prayer of intercession is like putting up a case before God. A we state the case, remind God, of the specific promise relevant to the case, for God to make a decission. Knowing the Bible helps as it promptly, with the help of the Holy Spirit matures one as a person in the word. And because God is the word he knows and understands your position in himself which is the word.

It is our desire to know God and knowing God is knowing the word and it is Gods will for us know him more intimately. If you know your father you know what to ask for. By Getting to point with no uncertainity.

Amen....

Thank you Holy Spirit.

What aspects of Moses prayer of intercession should we emulate in our prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to pray the promises of God? How does knowing the Bible help you to get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

Moses doesn't wishywashy the sin. He simply uses strategic points with God in His prayer. He is straightforward and honest and talks as a "friend". He recognised the power of prayer.

He points out what the enemies will think and reminds God of His promises. I think he did it earnestly because he didn't want to see them perish. That is like the heart of God who is not willing that any should perish.

When we pray the promises of God (which we must know if we are to pray them) we repeat back to God His own Word. When we know God's Word we can better understand God and His will.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate? His promises, his character, righteousness.

Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? He was appealing to God to save his children.

What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? Praying back scripture to God that I can repeat.

How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? I align myself with God. It helps us be in Gods will when we are truely at the throne of God.

We should take God's interest into our hearts as our own.

So that others would not think that God was "incapable" of bringing the Israelites to the promised land.

God Made promises to Abraham, Isacc and Israel. God is perfect and does not lie - He will stand behind his promises.

As we understand the Bible we can pray according to God's will. That way we align ourselves with God's will.