JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David essential prayer was, Yahweh's righteousness and mercy/ the people's sin and unfaithfulness.

The various grounds for his appeal:

1.Yahweh's precedent

2.Yahweh's Glory

3.Yahweh's Righteousness

4.Yahweh's personal identification with Jerusalem

Yes !!!!! Yahweh did hear and answer Daniel's prayer.

What was Daniel's essential prayer? What are the various grounds of Daniel's appeal? How did God answer the prayer (see Daniel 9:20-23)?

My favorite verse is

2 Chronicles 7:14:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

I think Daniel modeled this verse in his life of prayer. He was willing to take the sins of the Israelites upon himself. He came humbly before his God in sackcloth and ashes. He asks that the prayer be answer based on the Word of God. He asked for God's glory to be showen.

God answered his prayer

Daniel prayed for mercy. He prayed based on God's past mercy, His glory and righteousness, and God's personal indentificatoin with Jerusalem. God answered Daniel's prayer by sending Gabriel to tell him about Jesus and of the rebuilding of Jerusalem.

Q4. (9:15-19) What was Daniel's essential prayer? What are the various grounds of Daniel's appeal? How did God answer the prayer (see Daniel 9:20-23)?

The first thing Daniel did was confess - he concentrated on the greatness of God, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands,Lord, you are righteous...and then he went on to confess the sins of the people, he himself identifying with them.

but in closing he realized that none of the request was for the people or for Daniel, if the request was granted then it was 19 O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name." IT WAS ALL ABOUT GOD'S NAME -

Daniel's prayer was answered as soon as Daniel began to pray. His answer was a prophetic prayer for Israel - ultimitaly detailing their history through the end of this era.

Q4. What was Daniel's essential prayer?

To save the people of Israel, to save the nation of Israel.

What are the various grounds of Daniel's appeal?

That they are God's people. That God Himself is righteous and merciful. For God's own sake, to show His power to the heathen.

How did God answer the prayer?

God sent the angel Gabriel to instruct Daniel in what they must do to receive God's mercy.

That God would forgive Israel so the people would return to worship. Daniel had a heart for the people and wanted God's mercy for all.

That God's covenant promise of mercy would be fulfilled for restoration of God's chosen people.

God sent Gabriel to tell Daniel that his visions were to give him understanding and insight. That he was loved and highly favored by God for his righteousness and faithfulness. His request was granted. People began to return to worship their Yahwah and God showed them mercy...

To be an Intercessor we must identify ourselves with their sin and confess them as our own before going to the throne room.

Daniel's essential prayer was threefold. The first part was that of confession for the sins of the nation. The second part was that of asking for forgiveness. And the third part was that of asking for change.

God was, is, and always will be a merciful God. I believe that God's power lies within His ability to forgive sin. Take away the howling wind and the thunder and the fire and the shaking of the earth and in the quiet whisper is where you will find God's voice. At least that is where Elijah found Him. That quiet whisper is God's voice telling us that it is O.K., "Your sins have been forgiven". But this power only comes in the form of a change of heart. Forgiveness which produces no change is not at all powerful.

For almost 400 years (from the time of Solomon to the time of Zedekiah) God allowed the kings of Israel to do what was evil in His sight. This forgiveness produced no change of heart so He delivered them unto King Nebuchadnezzar. That is why Daniel was asking for God to change the hearts of his people and to let their ears be opened so that they would hear the Word of God and obey it.

How did God answer the prayer? He answered by reminding Daniel of his dream in chapter 7 and the end of that dream. Daniel 7:17 "The four great beasts are four kindoms that will rise from the earth. But the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever-yes, for ever and ever."

This power and inheiritance can be ours if we accept the forgiveness that produces change through Christ our LORD.

Darrell

Q4. (9:15-19) What was Daniel's essential prayer? What are the various grounds of Daniel's appeal? How did God answer the prayer (see Daniel 9:20-23)?

Daniel prayed out his deep and personal feelings and cryed out to the Lord with great concern for his nation. He begged for mercy as he knew his people deserved God's wrath and punishment. He answered his prayer by the personal messenger of the angel Gabriel and by the historical events that unfolded.

Q4. (9:15-19) What was Daniel's essential prayer?

Daniel was asking for forgiveness for the nation of Israel and that God would forgive them for turning from him. That God would change them for his glory and honor and let them return to their country. Which he told God is for his glory and honor to take the shame away from them.

He told him that they where his people and the country was had his name attached too it. He ask for mercy and he knew that God loves them and that he wanted what was right for them. In 19 O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name." For his honor to show his power and mercy to all.

How did God answer the prayer (see Daniel 9:20-23)?

God delivered them and a remnant of people went back to Jerusalem and God received the glory and honor for this. One of my favorite verses is this. 2 Chronicles 7:14:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

When we do this we do will be forgiven our sin and he will heal our land. Oh Lord America needs a healing touch from you to save us from destruction. Hear our cry Lord Jesus and answer so many will turn and serve you. So they will not be lost and on their way to hell that you prepared for Satan and his angels. Please Lord Jesus heal our country.

Daniel's essential prayer was one of intercession. He acknowledges and confesses the sins of Israel, takes the sins and confesses them as is own, and tells God that the punishment meted out was just. He then pleas for mercy and forgiveness. While Daniel was yet praying, Gabriel (presumably the one who announced to Mary that she would birth Jesus) appears and tells Daniel about the Seventy "Sevens" by which the Israelits will be allowed to return and rebuild Jerusalem.

What was Daniel's essential prayer?

15"Now, O Lord our God, who brought your people out of Egypt with a mighty hand and who made for yourself a name that endures to this day, we have sinned, we have done wrong. 16O Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our fathers have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us. Confessions of Sins of his people

Daniels Appeal

17"Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. 18Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name."

20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

9:22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.

9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

God had shown Daniel a vision for his people; what was to be done in order for deliverance to take place.

Q4. (9:15-19) What was Daniel's essential prayer?

DANIEL'S ESSENTIAL PRAYER WAS A PRAYER OF INTERCESSION FOR MERCY AND FORGIVENESS.

GOD'S PRECEDENT DELIVERING ISRAEL FROM EGYPT--GOD'S GLORY--DELIVERANCE WILL BRING GOD GLORY--GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS-AS AN ACT OF MERCY--GOD'S PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION WITH JERUSALEM--JERUSALEM IS KNOWN AS THE CITY OF GOD.

HE ANSWERED HIS PRAYER WITH BOTH THE PERSONAL MESSENGER THE ANGEL GABRIEL TO GIVE HIM SKILL AND UNDERSTANDING AND WITH A VISION

What was Daniel's essential prayer? What are the various grounds of Daniel's appeal? How did God answer the prayer (see Daniel 9:20-23)?

it was to turn away his anger and his wrath from his people of jerusalem his city, his holy hill, to forgive for his own sake for the city and the people bear his own name.

the arch angle gabriel came down from heaven with a message even before daniel was finished his prayer with a response what GOD was going to do from then until the end.

Daniel's prayer to God was for "help", the 70 years were ending and he wanted to know what would become of his people. He wanted God to forgive their sins and again look favorably upon His people. Though they and their fathers had greatly sinned and rebelled against God, have mercy and help us again.

The grounds for the appeal was because the bottom line was ... "they're called by your NAME". Where ever we go we're called "the children of God", so inaffect there's a lot more at stake here than just us.

God sent Gabriel to comfort Daniel and give him assurance that He heard and would act in accordance to His word. And that Israel still had a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

Essentially, Daniel's prayer was based on three things: acknowledgement of God's right to judge, confession of sin, and a plea for mercy. The grounds for his appeal included God's faithfulness to His covenant, His love for those who love and obey Him, His merciful and forgiving character, His righteousness, the maintenance of the beloved city of His people and His holy dwelling place on earth, His reputation among the nations, and His own honor.

Before Daniel even finished speaking his prayer, the angel Gabriel arrived with God's response to give Daniel understanding of what was to come. How precious that Gabriel included a reminder of how much God loved Daniel! The Lord always responds in love to the love of His children.

What was Daniel's essential prayer?

For the fogiveness of the people of Isreal.

His appeal for for forgiveness and mercy

Gabrial came to him giving him the understanding of what was taking place.

:unsure:

Intercessory. Daniel needed to stand in the gap between God and the nation of Israel for the continuation of Israel.

First that God is a God of mercy. He wanted God's mercy for his naiton. Because of his knowledge of the scriptures he knew that God had delivered the Israelites from Egypt even though they were also an unrighteous people and that if He did it once He would do it agan. Daniel reminds God that Jerusalem bears His own name and that He wants His own people to return to it. Daniel is relying on God's merciful nature in answering this prayer.

God honors Daniel's intercessory prayer for his people.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART!

Daniel's prayer was essentially for the sanctuary (temple) which was desolate and unkempt.

He had several grounds for his prayers

1. Recognition of the sinful condition of the nation

2. The history in which God redeemed His people from Egypt and was therefore known among all the peoples.

3. Jerusalem is called by God's Name and is a disgrace.

4. God has a merciful character.

5. God has listened before and may be implored to do so again.

God answred Daniel's prayer with prophetic vision of the times of Messiah - seven weeks (of years) and seventytwo weeks (of years). This made it quite clear to people in authority when Jesus did arrive, that the timing was right for thr Messiah. God also gave Daniel skill to understand the visions.

How greatis our God who love to share His doings with us, and tell us in advance what will happen to us.

Daniel's essential prayer was,he acknowledged Israel's sins and God's just punishment. Then he makes a plea to God for mercy and forgiveness.

The various grounds of Daniel's appeal are

1) God's precedent-He has delivered Israel from their enemies in the past. (Duet 9:-5)

2) God's glory-The deliverance of His people from Babylon would bring God glory. (Daniel 9:15b)

3) God's righteousness-Delivering His people shows God's righteousness as an act of mercy. (Daniel 9:16a)

4)God's personal identification with Jeruselum-God has identified Jeruselum as 'the City of God'. (Dan 9:17-18)

5)Worship in God's temple-Daniel reminds God that His temple, which has been left desolate, will be filled with worshippers again. (Dan 9:17)

6)God's mercy-Daniel appeals to God solely on the basis of God's known character of mercy.(Dan 9:18b)

God answered Daniel's prayer of intercession by senting the angel Gabriel to him, to give him an understanding of what would take place in Israel's future.

Daniel's essetial prayer was of intercession. He confessed for the whole nation of Israel's past transgressions, present refusal to obey, and asked for forgiveness on the basis of God's great mercy.

Daniel uses the grounds of God's known mercy, the precedent of Egypt's deliverance, God's connection with Jerusalem and His own people Israel. To save face in affect. Also in Deutoronomy where Moses lists God's conditions for blessing and the associated curse accompanying it also designates He will forgive Israel, and give them another chance if only they will confess and show shame and repent; which is what Daniel is doing for the nation in his prayer. So I think God is honoring His own promise through Daniel's intercession.

Does that not give me the faith to pray for big things, for all my pre-saved family members (and there are a bunch). When I feel so overwhelmed that the task is to big, of course it is for me, but God hears me and my intercession is essential to God acting on their behalf. Who else is gonna pray for them?