JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Strategic Placement

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Nehemiah's situation compared to Esther's? Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God definitely places His people in strategic positions today, through every layer of society and social structure. Personally, I recall something I haven't thought of in ages. Many years ago, when my son was in middle school, I was in a position to challenge the thinking on "values-free education" in his school. Through an earlier situation, I had developed a good relationship with the principal that allowed me the opportunity to open a discussion and bring information to light that ended up changing their blanket acceptance of that humanistic philosophy. I was certainly never in "danger", but I was nervous about it and didn't want to create any unfavorable attitudes toward my child. I just knew that God had opened an important door and I could not let the opportunity pass by. I relied on Him (and Focus on the Family!) for truthful information, the right moment, a favorable reception, and the courteous respectful courage I needed. He was faithful to use me as a positive influence.

I believe in the ripple effect. Just about everything anybody does, almost every choice we make ultimately has some kind of impact on somebody else. (Even if I decide to constantly overeat, let's say, someone else will suffer and pay a price later for my health problems.) If God designed me with a plan and a purpose, and places me in situations "for such a time as this", then I have an enormous responsibility to Him. I cannot be overwhelmed and paralyzed with concern for my own reputation or comfort. I wish I were more faithful to remember how He has always provided for every opportunity and need before it even arises.

Nehemiah and Esther both found themselves in court with access to the king when a great need arose.

They both went into prayer before attempting any approach to the king, appealing for heaven's covering, Esther for justice, and Nehemiah for righteousness (right doing). Both were abandoned to their cause (or timely purpose) which was greater to them than their lives.

It is not God's will that any should perish. We have a duty to our societies to do righteousness and advance our nations up towards God, for the sake of our children if nothing else! We have benefitted from a great society, but if we do not watch over it, it can be lost for our children. Therefore God has us strategically placed in many areas, according to out gifts, for such a time as this, to uphold righteousness and justice, and to repent the sins of the nations of which we are part, and seek to turn things around by God's grace and favour.

Often standing up for justice and righteousness can produce enemies right under our noses. We need wisdom, and cannot back down from truth and justice. People will defend their own agendas, not all of which are righteous and godly, and they'll still will do anything to have their own way.

This happened to me when working at a community (not particularly Christian) shelter for the homeless. A lass I had worked with in harmony for years was in authority and misusing government money. Our position was illegal but she had a lot to lose. It was a big battle but Justice eventually won. Not so long afterwards God also answered my prayers and put the shelter into the hands of a Christian organisation. With Him there is always a way!

In situations like this we hae to study the word of God for justice and truth, and know by His Spirit what is needed. Then we go and pour out our hearts to God about the whole thing, with fasting if He also puts that on our hearts. Where repentance is needed we repent, and then tell God what we are believing for. Praise His Name, he is much greater than any situation the world can throw up!

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's? Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

Both Daniel and Esther faced death if they chose to do what was right. They both won out and God allowed them to rise victoriously as a result of their willingness to lay aside their personal feelings and therefore take risks.

God places people in strategic positions today to show Himself mighty and to see whether those He places in these position will maximize their opportunity to witness for Him or will simply make excuses and fail to do what He has placed them there for. We owe God our very lives and must obey Him even when a situation appears to threaten our very existence. Through obedience, we show that we trust God will take care of us and protect us. Just the other day, I heard a minister teach that through obedience, we are afforded the 5 P's: God's presence, His power, His protection, His provision and His promotion.

I can't say that I have experienced anything like this, but I do hope that when the time comes, I will have the courage to respond in a way that would please God.

Both Esther and Daniel were strategically used by God to influence their Government Authority figure. Both were being observed and used as examples by God in regards to Faith and Obedience to Righteousness and His commands. Both were outstanding personalities whose influence would be known by many people...even today. Both faced death if their decisions did not work out as hoped and prayed for.

The only little thing similar to this in my life, has been my influence where my pastor was concerned. Several times, I have stood up for what was right, only facing their dislike or dismissal, or lack of favor. One time my discernment was right on the button about a person he was admiring and courting favor from, and I told him she was a liar. He did not believe me, and a couple years later after many unhappy incidents, she left the church and the pastor actually apologized to me and said he wished he had believed me. I only suffered loss of favor for a couple years, I am twenty years older than he, but female, and he tends to listen only to males, so my position was not with authority, only as a friend and long time participant of his church body. My warning did not affect anyone else that I know of, except the whole church went through the difficult times indirectly...maybe not even knowing what was going on.? I also encouraged honesty where our funds were concerned in two of the parishes I have been closely involved with in my life, for inappropriate use of money is a temptation to some....just as part of the conscience of our church and leaders. But during these times I was the wife of a leader in the church, so I did have a little "say so", but not much, for neither husband spoke up first or with me, just backed me....because it was the truth.

As to how to pray, I guess the Holy Spirit has to lead you as an individual in times that are stressful to pray aright and effectively.

Q3. In what way does Daniel's situation compare to Esther's?

Because they are both in positions that only God could have chosen for them.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in the military, in government?

Although one would think that being placed in a government position was and inane idea, we have to realize that God is in control. He places His people where He needs them to be. And we may not look like we are doing anything in those positions, but, in His time, in His plan, the reasons that we are placed in those places will come to be known.

What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives?

Our responsibility to God is obedience. And to obey Him could mean that we are put in peril in the world that we live in.

Has this ever happened to you?

No.

How do you pray in situtions like this?

I can only hope that I, as did Daniel and Nehemiah, would put my faith in our heavenly God, and petition for an answer to trouble that only He can privide. You pray that God's will be done.

In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's.

they both fast and did what it would take to get the king's attention. then asked that both themselves and thier people be saved.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government?

1st it's a test to see what willbe done with the power, 2nd for them to do good with this honor.

What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives?

to do what we can for others with the gifts that he has given us. and in using this in the wrong way your life on earth will be miserable and there won't be any ever lasting life with Jesus.

yes i'd have to say that i've been on both ends of this situation.

someone's power was used against me for i was more popular.

and when i had the power i didn't always use it for good either.

How do you pray in situations like this?

dear GOD in heaven thank you for my gift, and please take the reins of my life to show me how to use this power to do good for you and all your people. for you are all knowing.

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's?

Both run the risk of losing their lives to make sure that Gods people will still remain on this earth and both do it with lots of prayer and trust in God.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government?

God knows the beginning from the end of all things he places those he trust in positions so that they will be able to help others to get the word to those that don't know him. Many ministries count on those in high offices to open the doors to get bibles and themselves so they can tell others of Jesus.

Any time we tell others about Jesus and his plan of salvation we are setting ourselves up to be persecuted even to the point of death. We must get the word out so all the world will know of Jesus and his love. No matter the danger even on here we know that their are some that come against us as we try to reach others for Jesus and still if we are called to teach this is a wonderful tool to use to get the word out and make sure all we meet knows of Jesus and his love for them.

Both Daniel and Esther was in an position of influence and trust. Nehemiah's own position of cup bearer placed him also in such a place to have or obtain the Kings ear and favor. All three persons are or were considered to have been slaves at one time, so their position now is "priviledged". Their resume didn't get them the position.

Because of His pre-vision God makes pro-vision. God knows the end from the biginning so in His preparation for either deliverance or rescue, He's already positioned His people to bring about His purpose.

We're responsible to give ourselves to Him, for His purposes. When God places us in positions of authority, danger comes when its time to use it for His purpose and we've grown accustomed to it, not discerning why we're there. Queen Esther was reminded, this could be why you're here, not just your good looks. I'm sure there were other beautiful young girls.

In a small way, to be in a position to encourage other Christians at work. I pray for wisdom to recognize God's hand in my affairs. And to be faithful.

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's.

BOTH DANIEL AND ESTHER WERE BOTH JEWS AND THEY BOTH SERVED KINGS OF PERSIAN DESCENT. THEY WERE BOTH FROM ROYAL OR NOBLE DECENT AND BOTH LIVED IN THE ROYAL KINGDOM OF THE KING. THEY BOTH HAD FAVOR WITH THEIR KINGS. THEY WERE ALSO INTERCESSORS FOR GOD'S PEOPLE.

GOD PLACES PEOPLE IN THESE SITUATIONS BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT THEY WILL BE NEED FOR SUCH PEOPLE TO INTERCEDE IN THE WAYS OF THE UNRIGHTEOUS.

THE RESPONSIBILITES WE HAVE TO GOD THAT ENDANGER US ARE MANY. IN SUCH A POSITION ONE CAN BE SEEN AS OFFENSIVE WHEN ONE PROPOSES SOMETHING DIFFERENT. OUR LEADERS LIKE TO ASSUME THAT THEY HAVE OUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART BUT, AS WE KNOW FROM PAST EXPERIENES, MANY ARE NOT TRUE BELIEVERS AND THEY WORSHIP EGO ABOVE ALL. ALOT OF LEADERS BELIEVE THAT IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US THAN YOU MUST BE AGAINST US AND LABEL YOU AS A TRAITOR.

YES, THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME MANY TIMES AND I AM SURE IT WILL HAPPEN TO ME TIME AND TIME AGAIN. IT HAPPENS IN MY FAMILY, AT WORK, AT THE GROCERY STORE, IN CHURCH, ETC......WHEREVER I DIVULGE MY FATHER'S NAME IT CAN AND HAS HAPPENED.

UNTIL NOW, I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO EFFECTIVELY PRAY, AND IN MANY CASES GOD STILL FOUND FAVOR IN ME. BUT NOW, I KNOW THAT I HAVE TO FAST, KNOW THE WORD OF GOD AND USE IT AND PRAY PERSISTENTLY. PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I AM ON MY WAY TO EFFECTIVELY PRAYING.

Q3. (1:11) God places his children in strategic places so that he can utilise them for his purpose. Using them as vessels to facilitate what he has to do for his children, what ever they may be exposed or the sittuation they may be going through. To bless those that love and are obedient to him.

These are selfless people in the likes of Esther and Daniel who thought for the welfare and well-being of their fellow men.

What a wonderful piece of biblical history. God says whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me. They are prepared to take the risks in order to achieve restorative justice for the majority of their people.

A lot of people succumb to bribery and tend to forget about others, once exposed to privilidge, power and benefits. Its easier to be comfortable and get on with ones lives than to take the stand as Esther and Daniel Did. God had used them not only as vessels for the deliverance of his people, but also as an outright display of obedience to his calling and purpose.

In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's. Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray

They were both Jews in a foreign society and country living with idolatrous people who had power and rule over them. He places His people in their postions to bring about His will. To love Him with all our heart, mind and soul and obey Him even when it can cause us harm in some way. Never for my life but at times my lively hood. I pray the His will be made clear to me and to annoint my words as I speak. That I will speak His words and not my own.

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's. Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

They both served kings and they were both Jews and both in positions where they could help God's people.

God uses all different kinds of people in all different walks of life available for whatever the need may be. Although we may question certain circumstances in our lives we must have faith that God in in control working through the pleasant and most difficult times so that we can serve him effectively.

They were both called upon for the sake of their people. They both fasted and prayed. They had a heart for the people. God places people in certain places to see the needs of others and a heart to meet those needs, even through prayer. Nothing happens by accident, it is all predetermined. If we are not strong in our faith and in the will of God, Satan can come in and fill us with doubt and attack our very motives for doing what we know is right. We must remember what we are fighting for and stay prayed up with the whole armor of God on so we will have the victory. Fasting and praying are essential to show God that we mean business and that we are willing to intercede for others for their needs. Emotions shown gets the attention of God, because He loves us too much to leave us the way we are.

Q3

Nehemiahwas in a unique position to speak to the king. He was the trusted cupbearer who ensured the saftey and quality of the the king's food and drink. Nehemiah was concerned, prayerful, and prepared as he looked for the righ opportunity to tell the king about God's peopl;e. Each of us is unique and capable of serving no matter what our position. Just as Nehemiah used his place as the king;s truted servant to intercede for his people, we can use our present positions to serve God.

I live in an area where there are not too many Christians that I come in contact with. Yet, I know that God has placed me here to serve others who are not Christians and this way I can share the true meaning of Jesus Christ and the gospel to them when the door opens for me. fer

Well, bothe Esther and Daniel faced death upon their decisions to face their respective ruler's boldly with honesty. They both stood for their beliefs in the court of another country's king. They both seemed to be the ones acting out their faithfulness to their own people and seeking God and His favor through desperate times. They were both willing to perish for their beliefs. They were both strong and courageous.

God places us strategically in our communities so we can be a beacon of light in a dark world, and so that we can pray for the lost around us.

We have a responsibility to God to stand our ground and hold to our beliefs just like Daniel, even in the face of persecution. We are live out our faith in God, the only one who can save us, and not have fear of man.

I am not a bold one like Daniel, I pray to be bolder, but I do not speak out like I should.; and I do not pray like I should either. I am a fair weather Christian with little battle experience.

:D

Yes He does place people in strategic positions. God has His hand in everything. He already knows what is going to happen and that it all happens for a reason. God places people and situations in our path to help us along on our journey. If Nehemiah wasn't where he was at that moment, he would not have known that he needed to intercede for his people. It is like way back in my life, if God hadn't placed one certain person in my life, I would not have never accepted Jesus as my personal savior six years later.

We are to do whatever it is that God asks us to do. Sometimes this may include sacrificing everything, even our lives but if God put you in that position, at that time, we must obey and act.

Being in the right place at the right time? I suppose He has in a couple of situations.

I usually pray for the moment to just to get through the situation right then. Then I pray for whatever the problem is. It gets more intense. I leave it on my heart as a continual prayer until the situation works its way through, then I thank God for being so punctual and attentive.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART!

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's. Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

The question should read Nehemiah instead of Daniel. Both Nehemiah and Esther were serving in the Persian Kings court. They were close to the Kings. They had opportunity to influence the King. Thier lives were in danger if the King was disappointed with them. Both of them used the God given opportunity to bring deliverance to thier people. They were instrumental in deliverance and building up the Jewish community.

God places His children in high society, influential places, able to change the functioning of the Government to bring into effect His own agenda. God has a way of making His will known and obeyed in the kingdom of this world. Sometimes these positions can be toppled and the executives scrapped. This is the danger of these high positions in the Government. But God has a plan and purpose for everything. Wherever we are placed, our job is to do His will and make His will known to all and make others aware of His will so that they too will have a chance of obeying God.

In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's?

They both risk their lives to try and save their people.

He knows who he can depend on to do what needs to be done. He knows each of us and where we would be best at trying to get his work done according to his will for each of us.

Any time we try to do what he has called us to do we risk our lives. But we should not let that stop us.

no

You would need to pray for protection, and for him to open the hearts of the ones you witness to.

Daniel and Esther were both in positions of influence.Both of them had to act on behalf of their people.

I believe God has all things worked out and He has His people in strategic positions.I do believe that we are in the positions we are to further His Kingdom and His Righteousness.

In the positions that we hold we at times have to go against the grain inorder to obey the Lord.We may need to take a stand and there could be some sort of fall out.This has happened to me and my family many times.I have had to deal with situations in school at my work place and in our social set up.We have been ridiculed and called fanatics.My husband is a politician and has held high office many atime and we have to be very conscious of our behavior as we are in the public eye,we are aware that at all times no matter what position we hold we are first and foremost the children of the Living God and we need to obey Him.It is not easy but when you know God and the plan He has for His people it makes it worthwhile.

Nehemiah and Esther boith found themself in the same position.(If I perish I perish),but they both spoke out in boldness,knowing God was with tghem know matter what the outcome was to be.They new it was Gods plan to bring them through.They had to do their part as well.Bring it to the head as some people would say.

A lot of people are put in strategic positions today,but they have to do what they believe as a godly person.I would not want to be in some of their shoes,but I can pray for them if I believe what they are doing is right.I have never been in a life threatning position like some,missionairies,or military.There has been times I have had to stand up for what I thought was right.Maybe I didn't do as good of job as I should have but I did try.Some of us fail and some succeed,but as long as we do our best,someone is bound to prosper,favor with God.Amen

• 2 weeks later...

They could have both been put to death for going to their king. People are placed in high positions to be able to "use" or call upon their status when doing the Lord's work. We have the responsibility to speak His word everywhere we're placed and to live according to the directions in the Bible. Sometimes this means standing on a ledge all alone. This has never happened to me...mostly because I wasn't standing firm and didn't see the opportunities. I guess I'd pray for strength to do God's will.

Like Esther, Nehemiah was risking his life by going before the king.

If the king became angry or offended at Nehemiah's request, Nehemiah could of lost his life.

Esther's uncle told her she had been placed in her position for 'such a time as this'.

I think God places Christians in strategic places today so we will be ' a light in the darkness.'

As Christians, we have the responsibility to stand up for what is right no matter how unpopular it makes us.