JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 95

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this Psalm, I see God as the Great God El-Elyon, the great King Owner of all the earth, our Maker, and personal Shepherd. The Psalmist calls us to joyfully extol Him with music and song, express thanksgiving, and bow down to kneel before Him in worship. Our submission to the Shepherd is implied, as the people of His pasture under His care. This is all appropriate because there is no one greater, no one else worthy. We are His beloved creation, and we owe Him everything.

I've counted at least seven (7).

We're called to bow down and worship Him, honor, revere and exalt Him. To allow the knowledge of Him to saturate our minds which will cause us to focus on Him and His Majesty. That in itself will provoke a response.

Because of the character that is revealed in His names require a response, one that is worthy of the revelation of His person through knowledge of His name.

It is too easy to forget, take for granted, or just plainly not consider the very nature of God, what HE IS. HE IS EVERYTHING, we are nothing, HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING FOR US, what are we doing for HIM? I am speaking for myself of course, but I know I am not alone. It is too easy to assume, just as the world does, that everything is ours for the taking, we owe no thanks to anyone for the earth we live in, the air we breath, the luxury of beauty in nature to look at, or even the luxury of technology and modernity, and convenience, if that is our desire. It is all only there for us to enjoy and be a part of because God willed it so. We have only God and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit to thank. Is He LORD over our lives? Do we shout aloud to the ROCK OF OUR SALVATION? Do we thank Him continuously for all we have? Do we make music and sing songs to Him out loud or in our hearts? In His hands are the depths of the earth- He made the sea, and not just the mountains but all of it belongs to Him; not us. Let us kneel before the LORD, OUR MAKER, for that is the least we could do to show appreciation and honor for all HE does.

Q3. (Psalm 95:1-7) How many names, titles, and metaphors of God can you find in this passage, both explicit and implicit? What does the Psalmist call on us to do in response to God revealed in his Names? Why are these actions appropriate?

How many names, titles, and metaphors of God can you find in this passage, both explicit and implicit?

I see 6. Rock of our salvation, the great God, great King, Lord of our maker, our God. :)

What does the Psalmist call on us to do in response to God revealed in his Names?

H is the God of Heavan and earth and he desires all praise and thanksgiving, Honor and Glory. :rolleyes:

In Psalm 95, God is the Lord, the Rock, our Savior, a great God, King over all Gods, Sovereign God, God our Maker and Creator, God who belongs to us, our Shephard.

We are to sing for joy, shout His praises, offer thanksgiving, sing songs to Him, worship and bow down, kneel before Him and know we are His people and He will take care of us!

Day and night! Devoted to Him. Humbled before Him. Thankful to Him. Understanding who He is. Trusting Him. Believing Him. Giving Him everything and our all. Entering into His rest.

Awesome! I needed to be reminded of that! :rolleyes: Blessings to all!

The Lord, Rock of our salvation, Great God, Great King, Our Maker, our God.

Sing for joy, shout aloud, come before him with thanksgiving, extol him with music and song, bow down in worship, kneel before the Lord.

For he is worthy of ALL praise, worship, fellowship, honor, respect, glory, thanksgiving and so much more.

We can never repay him for all he has done for us.

Verse 1

He is Lord - I acknowledge him as the only God and Deity, One who is everlasting and Ruler of the universe.

He is our Rock, a strong Fortress in which I will always feel safe. He will always be there when I need Him.

He is my Salvation - Out of His great love for me, He reached down and rescued me through the sacrifice of His Son on the Cross and I can live with him eternally.

He is the One who is worthy of our praises and adorations.

Verse 2

He provides all my needs - A reason I come to Him with Thanksgiving.

He is Approachable - I can come before Him because I am His child and my Father desires to be with me. I can come before His throne and acknowledge him for is saving sacrifice on the cross and pledge my continued allegiance to Him.

He created music and song - When I sing to him with music and song, I am giving back to him the gift of music that He gave us. He has created our voices to sing for him and has inspired songs to be sung to His Honor and Glory.

Verse 3

He is the great One: great in power, wisdom, justice, truth, mercy, and grace.

He is the King of the whole universe: his kingdom rules over all creation. He is the King of kings, and Lord of lords; He is King over all of his saints. All rulers and presidents are under Him.

He is the only God - no other gods exist for He is the Only deity God.

Verse 4

All things are governed by his providence: He is ruler of the depths of the earth and the foundation of the earth. No man can dig a hole so deep that the Lord already has the ownership and authority of. The hills, that are both high and strong, are within His power, and are at his command to bow and tremble.

Verse 5

He is the Creator of Everything: The sea and its creatures and the dry land and its creatures are all created and owned by God. There is nothing that exists that was not made by Him.

Verse 6

He is a God to be Awed and Honored as we, his children, bow and worship Him.

Verse 7

God has chosen us, his created beings to have a relationship with. We are the desire of His heart. He is a God that is in love with his children.

He is Emmanuel - God with us.

God is a Provider - He has given his children a pasture, a place to live and flourish.

He is the Shepherd - We are led and guided by our Shepherd for He cares for us. He didn't just create us and then left us to wander all alone. We have complete dependence upon Him if we are to have abundant and joyful living.

The Psalmists calls upon us to sing for joy, shout, come with thanksgiving, sing songs and talk to Him. That's worship! The reason we worship Him is because we recognize his majesty and His dominance over his Creation. He is worthy of our worship because of His goodness towards us, his creation. He is worthy of our worship and our love.

There are at least 8 names , titles, metaphores I see in these verses.

Lord,

Rock of creation

Great God

King above all Gods

Lord our maker

Creator

shepherd

Savior.

All revealed or implied.

In this passage the author encourages us to Worship, praise , bow down befor

this revealed creator and potter and Lord and God

This is appropriate that we should bow before, be before and praise and worship Him

who created and has all power over us. and our lives and actions. Because it is

in His power and in His will that we exist at all.

There is at least seven names and titles in Psalms 95.

Lord

Rock of Salvation

Great God

King above all gods

Creator of the earth

Lord our maker

Shepherd

The Psalmis is calling on us to sing praises, shout with joy to our Lord God. The Psalmis is also warning us not to harden our hearts against God. If we resist God long enough, He may toss us aside like harden bread, useless and worthless

1. Complete discretion as to what is done with the created, how it is used, the final decision of everything involving the creation.

2. God created us for his purpose and He makes no mistakes.

Don't know how this got here. his was supposed to be inresponse to the previous question.

I came up with 15

We are called to come before him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song. Then we are called to bow down in worship and kneel before the Lord.

This is the only appropriate response to the character of God that has been revealed to us.

LORD

Rock of our salvation

great God

King above all gods

Lord our Maker

Creator of the sea and earth

Shepherd of His people

The Psalmist, who I assume is David, is telling us to worship the Lord.

This is appropriate because God is our Creator and we owe our existence to Him.

Q3. (Psalm 95:1-7) How many names, titles, and metaphors of God can you find in this passage, both explicit and implicit? What does the Psalmist call on us to do in response to God revealed in his Names? Why are these actions appropriate?

I also see seven, LORD,ROCK OF SALVATION, GREAT GOD,KING, CREATOR, SHEPARD, OWNER OF ALL THINGS.

We are to sing praise and make a joyful noise to Him.

We are to give Him thanks for all things.

We are to know He is above all gods and King above all kings.

We are to know that it was He who created all the deep place and in Him is all the strength that we need to live day to day.

We are to worship Him,bow before Him, Honor Him aas ou Shepard and Creator.

We are to know that He is our God, our personal God, We are His sheep we are to do His will.

We are to listen for His voice as He speaks to us out of the quite times and head His message to do His will and not provoke Him.

These actions are appropriate because they are deserved by our Lord and King. How could we do less to the creator of our being the Shepard who supplies all our needs. The God who can save us from ourselves when no other can.The Lord who loved us so much that He laid down His own life for us that we may be saved.

Q3. (Psalm 95:1-7) How many names, titles, and metaphors of God can you find in this passage, both explicit and implicit?

Verse 1 - The LORD; The Rock of our Salvation;

Verse 3 - The Great God, The Great King

Verse 4-5- Creator of all things

Verse 6 - Our Maker;

Verse 7 - Our God; Our Shepherd

What does the Psalmist call on us to do in response to God revealed in his Names?

We are called to Worship Him, To Give Thanks, To Give Praise, To Give Him all the Glory, To Honor His Holy Name, and to Pray.

Why are these actions appropriate?

Because He is an Awesome God and is worthy of all of our Worship and Praise. :rolleyes:

I can see about 5 names in that passage. God is seen as the LORD, Rock of our salvation, Great God, Great King and Lord our maker.

In response to His revealed names, the psalmist has called us to go before Him in thanksgiving and praise Him for He is God that is above all other gods. He has also called us to come and worship Him for He is our creator.

These actions are appropriate because we are under His care. Without Him we will not be in existence so we owe Him that worship and praise all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I can find nine. We are called to bow, kneel, and worship Him because there is no one above Him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I counted 19 times. THE Psalmist calls us to rejoice, have full faith, follow his guidance, and Believe in the Lord.

These actions are apporpriate because if we discontinue to follow the Lord that we will be disctracted and pulled into the clutches of Satan and will live in the Spirit of the Antichrist.

• 2 weeks later...

In the passage, God is called Yahweh, the rock of our salvation, mighty God, great King over all gods, our Maker. He is also presented as the owner of the universe, Creator, our shepherd, our supplier, our protector.

In response to God revealed in His Names, we are called on to sing, to make a joyful noise, to come before His presence with thanksgiving, to worship Him, to bow down, to kneel before Him.

All these actions are appropriate because they show an attitude of adoration, love, and exaltation of God

• 2 weeks later...

I saw 6 names, titles and metaphors of God in this passage. We are called to respond to God to come before Him with thanksgivein, to extol (lift Him up, praise and worship Him) with music and song. Bow down before Him, to kneel in His presence. What greater way can we, as mere pots of clay, honor and glorify God. How else can we show His diety, and our love and honor for Him than these things. He loves our sacrifice of praise, and our adoration and love for Him to be shown.

• 3 weeks later...

These are tha Names , titles and Metaphors of God in Psalms 95:1-7

- Great God,

-Great King,

-Hold the depths of earth and mightiest mountains,

-He made Sea and formed dry land.

This Psalm is an Invitation to Worship God.

Songs , shouts , gratitute , and praise erupt from those gathered to Worship the Lord . While there are certainly many examples of stillness and silence in God's presence taugth and illustrated in Scripture , there are equally as many examples of raucous Worship. Both peaceful silence and enthusiastic praise are appropriate expressions of worship to Our God.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A: The rock of our salvation

B: The great God

C: King above all gods

D: Maker of the Sea

E: Maker of dry land

F: The Lord our maker

G: Our God

The Psalmist tells to sing and be joyful. Don