JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Entering the Kingdom

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"? Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above"? Defend your reasoning.

Entering the Kingdom have to do with born a new because born again refers to a "spiritual rebirth" (regeneration) of the human person, contrasted with the physical first birth everyone experiences. This is possible only through Jesus Christ

People will not go to Heaven because of their good deeds, by believing in Jesus Christ a lone.

Being born again--or renewed is the only way to enter the kingdom of God. A spiritual birth (rebirth) then we can enter the spiritual kingdom of God.

I believe the "renewal" form of being born again. Born physically from a mother & a dad, born spiritually by the Holy Spirit. The physical body needs to be old enough to make the choice for the spiritual renewal--rebirth.

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does “entering the Kingdom” have to do with being “born anew”? Which do you think is the best translation here: “born again,” “born anew,” or “born from above.” Defend your reasoning. ANSWER. I think all three reference are correct and here is why: We are born to SIN, we are born spiritually DEAD, and are risen UP ( brought back to life - from above by GOD)! We are born to our spiritual life as LITTLE BABIES in this sense we are born again. We are also continually being RENEWED AND REGENERATED, born anew as we GROW in our spiritually life.

We MUST be born again to life ( come alive again as children) in order to experience regeneration and growth in our spiritual life.

What does entering the Kingdom have to do with being born anew?

When we are called and hear of salvation through Jesus Christ, we choose to either accept or reject our calling. Once we accept and receive our`salvation, it shouldn't stop there (though some live that way). We are not only born of water but of the spirit. He is our refiner. We are washed by the water of the Word. Refined and perfected by the Holy Spirit. Without the living bread of the Word every day, we can't be refined by the Spirit. The Bible is our instruction manual. It's our spiritual food!

Without conviction of the Holy Spirit though, we won't grow. We don't have to live by the letter of the law, but the law does show us right from wrong. By the power of the Holy Spirit we can be renewed and turn from sin, changed and freed!

Anything born of the world....is perishable. Those who die not of the Spirit will truly die. Those though, born of the Spirit and the imperishable will die a bodily death, but rise to live eternally. A joyous note here! Before I was saved, the Holy Spirit called me with this verse from 1 Peter! It was a random verse found before I was an avid Bible reader! I had NO idea what it meant and puzzled over it for months! I sought on it and sought on it and somehow knew it was the key to something I was seeking for a new life...and I was in a really stinking old one! I asked for understanding from "whoever may be out there." and I really cry when I think He was so faithful to open my eyes to see and understand and give me a changed life! Not easy by the refiners fire....but oh what a treasure! To anyone out there in doubt....keep seeking...keep going! He's faithful!

Best translation? Born again, born anew or born from above? I think that's one of those areas not worth mincing over words. The meaning is all the same. We are born again when we are born from above and are born anew into spiritual life.

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"?

The new birth is the act by which God imparts spiritual life to a person who trust Christ. With out this spiritual birth, a person cannot enter in the Kingdom of God.

Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above"? Defend your reasoning.

I like "born anew." 2 Cor 5:17 states; "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

What does entering the Kingdom have to being born anew?

You have decided that you wish to a follower of Jesus-being born anew requires a new way of attitudes. The things I used to do I would do them no more.The things I used to say I would say them no more .The places I used to go I would go there no more .It is a great day since I have being born anew-again from above and within.

The 3 words are similar and have the same effect- change is important here and acceptance is important for transformation.We are children of God born from above by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within us.

Q2 In order to enter the Kingdom, one needs to be born anew by water and spirit, thus

making one a child of God. By water one is baptized and all his past sins are

washed clean. By the guidance of the spirit one will not tend to sin further as

God's seed has remained in him. Nicodemus misunderstood "born again" and took it in

the literal sense. However, Jesus meaning on 'born anew and from above' is from

God.

'Born again' may be a bit confusing as what Nicodemus had in his mind if taken in a

literal sense.

"Born anew' may sound like given a second chance. It also sound like God

is giving you another chance when He is such a loving and forgiving God.

However,to be "Born from above" is the best because when one hears the word 'above'

one will associate it with God the most High. Since God has given us this gift to

be children of God and if we declare that we belong to Him, then the word 'above'

truly makes us want to belong to someone great or divine. We feel privilege to be

called His children and enjoy His Spirit in us.