JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Talents

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent? If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

The talents represent any kind of resource we are given. God gives us time, gifts, and other resources according to our abilities, and he expects us to invest them wisely until he returns. We are responsible to use well what God has given us. The issue is not how much we have but how well we use what we have.

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the talents represent? If you were to take an inventory of your talents, what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these belong to God rather than to you?

"For it will be as when a man going on a journey called his servants and entrusted to them his property." The last two words are the key: "his property." That is another term for the talents which are distributed. They are the Lord's property, God's property. They are then, not something which man can give, but something which God alone controls. The talents are not distributed, like natural gifts, to all men freely, but are given only to those who in some fashion have the relationship of a servant to the Lord. To them he is willing to distribute his property.

Talents: I'm not an extremely talented person. The talents I have are not so called "natural gifts" They are gifts God has given me. I have had to 'grow' what he has given me, I can't sing or play an instrument, or run long distance marathons, but he has given me writing skills and a very poetic side to my writing. Through my writing ability I have been able to establish a Facebook group called MerciesCross which has 51 members and is created solely for the purpose of GLORIFYING Jesus Christ!

Spiritual Gifts: God has instilled in me a great NEED to study, learn and most importantly apply the teaching of Jesus to my daily life. He has given me the greatest spiritual gift of all The Hope and Power of Jesus Christ!

Bible Knowledge: I'm certainly not a Bible scholar. But I'm learning daily through my walk with Christ to read and apply the Word to my daily life.Studying the Bible, getting to know God more and more is a lifelong quest.

Community: I don't have a HIGH standing in my community by our (U.S.) standards.Financially, I'm a poor person. But my neighbors respect me and hold me in high esteem as a person of faith and of God. God has placed me just where he wants me to be!

Profession Industry: God choose for me a wonderful profession which I am now disabled from. He gave me a great gift of being able to relate to animals and for 22 years I worked with horses.

Everything is given to us by God and is of God! Without God we are dust to earth! All things BELONG to HIM!

What the talents are, are the gifts that God has give us to advance the kingdom of God. It is mportant to use all the gifts to there fullest, and not to waste any of them. These could be many, in my case some of the gifts that God has given to me are the ability to make people laugh and feel a little better, the gift to just listen to others, and the ability to lead. When it comes to knowledge of the bible and what is written, I don't think I will ever have a full understanding of the message. Because, as I change wheather from growth or situations the meesage keeps changing; to full-fill the need at that time.Eveything I do is to further the kingdom, it is my hope that the Lord finds everything I do worthy of what he has given me.

Q1 God is our provider, everything comes from Him. For me "Talents" to me represent

"Spiritual gifts".

God is our creator and knows us well. He gives His spiritual gifts to each

individual according to their needs to build the Kingdom of God. There are

varieties of gifts. If we desire these gifts we need to pray for them and God will

give us to help in our spiritual growth.

I am very happy when I received the gift of prophecy from God. Empowered with this

prophetic gift I can pass His message and be His instrument to His people.

Every Christian needs daily to sink into the word of God and the Bible is the only

source where God will speak to us.

As a disciple of God I have given myself to Him in service in Church, community,

society, at place of work and everywhere I go.

God created me out of nothing and through Him I depend on. If God is with us who

can be against us. For nothing is impossible with God. In return to Him, all I

need to do is to manifest the gifts He has given to me to help build His Kingdom

here on earth.

The talents represent our God-given gifts. I am gifted with the ability to teach Mathematics and English grammar and have an analytical, logical and discerning mind.

I am faithful, discerning and compassionate with an ability to teach and exhort.

I have a sound knowledge of the New Testament, knowing several chapters by heart, but am probably a little lazy with regard to the Old Testament, using it primarily as a reference to the New Testament.

I believe that I have used my teaching talents well. God is presently calling me into leadership and I have taken certain steps. I am endeavoring to enter each door that He opens.

Everything I have belongs to God. He has both given and taken

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30)

What do you think the "talents" represent?

All our God given natural abilities, skills, and qualities.

If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be?

I would like to think my talents include service, comforting, and teaching.

What spiritual gifts have you been given?

The power of discernment, hospitality, and a listening ear.

What abilities do you have?

Discipline, hard work, and managing.

What Bible knowledge do you have?

I study diligently every day, but having started late in life, I pray that our Heavenly Father will open my heart and mind to His Word so that I will get to know Him better, be able to draw closer to Him, and ultimately become more and more like our Lord Jesus day by day.

Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry?

I

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent?

I think the "talents" represent the spiritual gifts and natural abilities with which God has gifted each of us, as well as our material resources. We were created for "Relationship", with our God and with others, and those gifts and talents are the unique way we "relate" to Him and to those around us.

If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be?

What a refreshing question....usually introspection is to find the flaws, sin and weaknesses! Thank you Pastor Ralph for this exercise in looking for all that God has placed in each of us:

He's given me a love of writing, of books and words, (He's asked me to write a book which glorifies Him and His healing and provision through a life of abuse, and loss); a love of His creation, expressed through artistic creativity, such as painting and drawing; A love of symmetry, with the ability to help others decorate their homes using mostly what they already have on hand, arranged in the most pleasing way. A love of people, so I'm friendly and outgoing (that's a miracle! After a life of abuse, before Christ's healing, I was timid, backward, and shy, afraid of people) After I "got over myself", I discovered I have a funny sense of humor! I love to laugh and to have fun! (finally found balance in life)

What spiritual gifts have you been given?

He's gifted me with the gifts of Evangelism, exhortation, mercy, administration, a prayer language with which to praise and worship Him.

What abilities do you have?

I'm a good listener, from having learned how important it is to "be heard", having been ignored during childhood. I'm told that I'm a very good cook. (He's given me a natural ability to be able to "just know" what a recipe needs, or how it's going to taste before I make it, and to be inventive and creative in what I cook.

What Bible knowledge do you have?

First and foremost, I'm a disciple, so it's fairly extensive. The Lord challenged me early on, to read through the Bible...to get the whole story...and I've done that many times. I've had the privilege of a number of years of Bible study. I study and read on my own, to get to know Him and so that I can make Him known.

Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry?

Our children are grown and on their own, and with that, school and school friends and their parents, (sphere of influence) was completed. My family is still very much where I've been placed. I've been placed in my friend's lives, and as several are struggling with deaths of children and other trauma, He uses me to weep with them and to encourage and pray for them. I've been placed in my husband's life.

At the moment my "sphere of influence" seems small now that I'm nearly 70, but I'm active at a women's gym and find many opportunities to pray for other women and their families and to share Christ. My neighborhood, which is always changing because we live in an apartment complex....many opportunities to share Christ and pray here. (6 months ago my neighbors across the stairs moved out and I asked the Lord to send someone who needs prayer. A woman moved in, who shortly after discovered she has breast cancer. We've had lovely prayer times and sharing together. She's hungry to know the Lord.

My service at our Church is a joy.

In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

He created me. He bought me with His blood and redeemed me from the enemy. He gave me all that I am and have. Therefore, all that I am and have is His. He has placed me in stewardship of all that He's given me....I'm even a steward of how I tell my story to others....(does it glorify Him or myself. )

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent? If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you?

What do you think the "talents" represent? I have thought as Pastor Ralph expressed that "talents" mean more than money, but represents the spiritual gifts and abilities that God has given to us.

If you were to take an inventory of your "talents," what would they be? God has given me financial talents that I used in my employment. He also blessed me with the desire to know God and His Son. I believe that I have had compassion for my fellow person and willing to use my talents for both work, church and community.

What spiritual gifts have you been given? Leadership, service, teaching, administration, faith, knowledge

What abilities do you have? Financial administration for local church as Treasurer,etc.; Service by visiting in a hospital, helping people in my community & leading services in both my local church and a nursing home; Teaching at different times in both small groups and church school; Knowledge by learning new things for my local church such as webmaster as well as participating in Adult studies.

What Bible knowledge do you have? I have a reasonable knowledge of the Bible, but I need to continue my studies in order to increase my faith and understanding of Scripture. This study and others by Pastor Ralph have helped in my faith journey. It is an ongoing process.

Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? I am retired accountant and now God has placed me in a totally different environment. I now volunteer in interacting with people in hospitals, driving people to medical appointments, meals on wheels, preaching at a nursing home, etc. He took me from an office and put me into dealing with people.

In what sense do these "belong" to God rather than to you? All belong to God. He has given me all of them to use on my earthly pilgrimage.

I think the talents represent anything that God has given us or gifted us with to serve in His Kingdom.

My talents would be, organizational skills, leadership qualities with a special emphasis on reawakening the truth in the world and in the church, that we are called to be servant leaders, esteeming others better than ourselves. We are not in positions to have power or prestige but to serve the very least of these whom God has called and sent to us or sends us out to. I am a disciple, example and mentor especially to those very troubled in life, who are down and out, overlooked and labeled as hopeless. No one is hopeless, Jesus is our great healer and lover of our souls, worker of miracles and our Savior. We belong to Him and no greater love will anyone ever find! I know.....I'm living proof!

I have been given the gift of discernment, charity, prophecy and am a Bible Study leader. I have a passion to see others light up when they read the Word of God and understand who He is and see their lives blossom and change. I especially love to encourage others to dig in deeper to the Word and I love to do that myself! I want others to know God intimately and know He's with them everyday and completely trustworthy! I love to sing and be a witness in my praises of my love for Him who loved me first!

I have been given vision for the church and press forward to see foundational truths re-established. I pray everyone grows in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ and will become His disciples, multiplying the church as living stones, becoming witnesses to a hurting and lost world. I am an intercessor, especially for Pastors and Missionaries as well as for my church. I've been given a special love for Israel and support the building of Christian schools there as well as covering in prayer.

In society, I am a homemaker and have raised a family as well as helping with grandchildren. I have a special love for the elderly and served in nursing facilities as an Aide over the years. I still participate in helping with BINGO in local nursing homes and go in to read to residents. I am called to serve the poor. I am a Salvation Army bell ringer and volunteered in a thrift shop over the years. I am in the process of organizing a Christmas dinner at our church for the needy in our community. God just puts a special love in my heart for those others overlook or don't accept well into society. I am more than blessed by those special people God connects me with.

I was just reminded with gratitude the other day, how little we do, other than be a vessel for everything GOD accomplishes! He's amazing and wonderful! I am grateful.

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the "talents" represent? I think that this teaching is about money, no doubt but I also believe that when we are here on earth, in any capacity, we have to use the gifts that He in trust's to us, for the glorification of His Majesty, the raising up of the kingdom and to help those in need. None of these would come to us, had it not been for the Spirit which He gives to us and the fruits there of and then, the gift

Q1. (Matthew 25:14-30) What do you think the talents represent? If you were to take an inventory of your talents, what would they be? What spiritual gifts have you been given? What abilities do you have? What Bible knowledge do you have? Where has God placed you in your community? In society? In your profession or industry? In what sense do these belong to God rather than to you?

Talents are the gifts that God gives you. The gifts that He has given me, is serving, giving not just of money but also of my time, and of prophecy. God led us to a small church and He has enabled us to really be a part of the church. We are both retired and so we have time to spend on working around the building and on the different projects our church feels that God is leading us to help our community. We are right where God wants us to be. He gave us the talents to do what He wants done. :rolleyes: