JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Stewards vs. Independent Entrepreneurs

• 2 months later...

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

We are stewards or managers, to whom God has entrusted a portion of his riches. We have the privilege---and responsibility---of taking care of His property and spending his money in ways that please Him.

Recognizing that we are stewards can change our outlook in many ways. Instead of asking, "What do I want to buy?" ask, "Lord, how do you want me to use your resources?"

All that the Father has entrusted to us and all that we earn from the entrustment belongs to our Father. All that we possess has been entrusted to us as his stewards. If we are faithful stewards, he will give us more to manage on his behalf. If we fail to be good stewards, he will remove his talents from our management.

When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

In everything we do the glory belongs to God.

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs?

We, as people, may work hard for so called or imagined success....BUT we owe all of this to our Lord Jesus...perhaps in the path we have followed by His calling, or by the work ethic that was instilled by Christian parents...but we are never only made of ourself.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

While we may enjoy the fruits of our labors ourselves they still essentially belong to God. The credit for our success should also go to God. To do otherwise is to dishonor Him, as Moses did when he struck the rock to produce water and thus excluded himself from entering the promised land.

God gives us some latitude in how we go about using the talents and gifts He gives us. As in the parable, the servants were told to see what they could do and left to their own devices.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and

Q3. When we are successful, to who does the fruit of our labors belong?

The fruit of our labors is due to the following of the Holy Spirit, due to God.

We are all independent in the sense that we assume the risk of following the Holy Spirit or not, God does not make us, we are free to do as we will, choose today whom you will serve.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us and how does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

Each servant is required to manage their gifts and talents by being good stewards to the gifts and talents given to us by God, God expects to find us busy doing His work here on earth; a self-made mans attitude is that of pride, puffed up pride at that, instead of being puffed up in the joy of the Lord, giving to God our love and worship for what He has done for us.

When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

To God for He deserves the glory. Revelation 4:11

Entrepreneurs - One that creates, founds, or originates. A person who assumes the organization, management, and risks of a business enterprise. A risk-taker who has the skills and initiative to establish a business. One who starts a business or other venture that promises economic gain but that also entails risks.

Trying to relate the text with independent entrepreneurs is a challenge for me. Basically I guess you could say God entrust individuals with talents gifts and abilities. That individual choose to use these given resources, they have the choice to walk in the calling. Their desires, their willingness, their motivations if adhered to can produce results according to what God ordains or allows.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us?

We are stewards because all belongs to God.

Taking a passage of Scripture out of context Deuteronomy 8:18 (But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.) Just as God gives the power to obtain wealth, it is He that grants talents, abilities and gifts. He gives these for our use, we have the choice to use them to bring Him glory, He deserves Glory.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

The attitude It differs from the perspective an individual deems the origin of the results. A person who claims to be self-made will place the success based from their contribution, "I did this or I did that". A true steward is a servant and will give the honor to God because they know that it was because of God that the success arose.

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

Our success is the Lord's...100%. As a believer, all that I am and all that I have belongs to Him. I am simply His steward. If I'm successful, the glory is His. If I fail, it's only because I trusted in my flesh to accomplish the task, and I thank God for those few failures...they were educational, to learn to trust in and rely on Him, not my self.

As a believer, I'm not independent...He lives in me, I am His. I serve Him, not myself. If I think of myself as an independent entrepreneur, I would no longer be walking in the Spirit, but totally in the flesh.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us?

I'm a steward of the gifts and talents in every sense of the word..they're His gifts and talents "on loan" to be used for His glory!

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

The self made person is just that: self absorbed, self motivated, selfish, self seeking, self glorifying. The steward recognizes that God is the "owner" of all that is on loan and is careful to care for God's gifts, talents, resources according to God's desires and instructions for God's glory.

I wouldn't even say "I'M" successful! There are SO many times when I tried to do things, plunging ahead in what "I" thought was next only to be met with a brick wall or things just slowing up and becoming a trickle. I was quickly brought to mind I wasn't in charge nor was my way going to succeed. When I let go and let God... things went forward again and I was reminded WHO was doing what! All the fruit is His and for His glory!

I don't think I'm independent. I have free will.....but if I'm really HIS and serving HIM.....I'm abiding in Him every day in everything. I can choose to use my talents in areas He's given me to work in....and He's given me creativity to use and gifts to apply but I'm never independent from Him. HE gave everything I have and everything I use right down to my very being and who He made me to be! He's all knowing with divine wisdom! Why would I WANT to do anything without Him?

We are to be good stewards of everything He gives us. I am to care for my family, be a good steward of my money, use my gifts and talents for His glory. Anything He gives us is His and we are to be good care givers of those things and people and we are to do everything in excellence as for the Lord! We are taking care of everything that's His for Him. They are all gifts from Him and we aren't to throw them back in His face damaged and not cared for.

A self-made person differs in attitude from a steward in that he views things as "his and of his own making". He sees his own strength as accomplishing things and is usually puffed up with pride and arrogance because he sees himself as "creator" of his own little world. A steward sees himself as a servant, given much, yet humbling caring for what is given to Him. There is`respect for what is given Him and careful tending for those things and people. He knows a greater one is over him and is respectful of that and careful to follow what the owners directions are.

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? Yahshua and His Kingdom to come.

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? We are given what we are given to work with and to build up those who have not.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? Well these that are given are only ours for what we can do with them.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward? Not sure how this one works because to know that one has been given a talent to work with, one must know the Giver and the person who believes that they are self made, are still living unto thy self.

Q3 As children of God, all of us need to remember that all resources come from God.

From nothing we come and from nothing we are to return. So no matter how successful

one is all the fruits of our labors belong to our creator.

Jesus is the main body and we are all parts of the rest of the body doing the work

according to which part we belong. Thus we are part of the independent

entrepreneurs.

We as stewards are to take full responsibilities of what God has instructed us to

do. After all God has given us the gifts and 'talents' to start with.

A self-made person has ego and only think that all achievements are from his own

effect. He will only think of himself (the "I") first and not care for others.

Whereas a steward steward is only a servant and will give glory to God for all his

achievements for depending on God everything is possible.and guided by His Spirit

he will definitely succeed nobody how weak he is.

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? To God

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? We are not. We are simply custodians of what God has given to us and like the slaves, God will require us to account for our custodianship of what He has given to us.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and “talents” given us? What God has given us still belongs to God and there will be a day of reckoning, when we will be required to account for what we have been given. In that sense, we are taking care of what God has given us so as to present it back to Him when the accounting is required.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward? First of all, there is no such thing as a self made person, only someone who thinks themselves a self made person. However, the attitude of a person who thinks that they are self made will be all about me. Look at what I have achieved. They will also treat what they have as their own (and sometimes that involves not taking so much care of it as might otherwise be the case). A steward will be especally careful with what he has been entrusted with and will be thankful to whoever it is who has entrusted him.

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? God

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? The definition of entrepreneur is "one who organizes, manages, and assumes the risks of a business or enterprise". God is the owner or the entrepreneur and we are the ones that uses what the gifts and the talents that He has given us.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? We just are stewards of what God gives us. We leave them here, He will judge us if we were good stewards. We should leave our fruits better than when we were given them by Him.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward? The attitude of the steward is that the person knows who that God has provided the gifts and talents as the self-made person will think that they did it by themselves with no help from God.

The success belongs to God.

We have choices to make concerning how we will use God's gifts to us. I think He enjoys creativity.

A self-made person is out for self success--and generally wil knock others off the ladder to achieve.

A steward is just a slave--so any successes are to be to the praise of His glory--not ours.

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labours belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

I like to answer this in a Prayer:

O

When we are successful, the fruit of our labors belong to God. Even though they belong to God, he allows us to share the fruit of our labor with him, but he wants us to never forget that even though we work hard for those fruits they are given by God to us, and can also be taken away from us by God, if we are not giving him credit and being thankful then we could very possibly have it all taken away.

The sense in which we are independent entrepreneurs, is that even though we work and do everything for ourselves, first and foremost, we are working for God and everything we have comes from god. He allows us to prosper in everything we do and blesses us with abundance so long as we are thankful and that we always give him the credit.

The sense in which we are stewards, of the gifts and "talents" given us, is that god has given us these gifts and "talents" and he wants us to use them to prosper and have what we need to survive but we owe everything we have to God. God gives us these gifts and talents for our use but he can take them back at any time if he feels he needs to or if we do not give him the praise and credit.

The attitude of a self-made person is one of selfishness, they take total credit for everything they have and they leave God out of the equation. The attitude of the Steward is one of humility and thankfulness for what the Lord has given them and never forgets that if not for God, they would have nothing.