JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. God is Angry with Moses

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. God is angry with Moses, because Moses sounds like he does want to go to Egypt. Nothing is going to convince him to go. Moses pours out many excuses, poor ones.

2. Moses is afraid! He still thinks that he will be alone and the people will not believe him.

3. Not that I have felt. I know He is angry when I sin.

4. Moses was able to please God by actually going to Egypt. When Aaron joined him, he felt better.

this part of scripture reminds me of Jeremiah 1:6-10. but instead of jeremiah, moses refuses to go alone, and this was surely a sign of unbelief. moses didn't know that: when God is with us, who can be against us? this is the problem that every believer has nowadays, we don't know the authority and the great power that we have in Jesus's name, and that like Paul says in Philipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. God bless you!

God is angry with Moses because of Moses lack of faith in God and that Moses is afraid to trust in God when operating outside of his comfort zone. His basic sin if lack of Faith. I'm sure that God has been angry with me for providing me all the talents that I have and me not using them as God desires.

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses? What is Moses' basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience? Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think? How did Moses appease God's anger?

God is initially angry with Moses for his lack of faith and trust in Him and for not wanting to be the leader that God wanted him to be.

Moses' basic sin is his disobedience.

Yes I am sure that the Lord has been angry with me on many occasions for my stubbornness or lack of faith on occasions.

Although Moses didn't want to be the leader God wanted him to be he still agreed to go to Egypt anyway

God is angry with Moses because Moses did not know what God knew; in the end, God wins. If God is with us no one can be against us. Moses did not know that. If I had to choose, I would say a combination of unbelief and fear; never disobedience. Yes, I believe the Lord has been angry with me for the same reason Moses attacked the Egyptian; I have a strong belief system and will act on it without thought of consequences. It is an instinct to "do the right thing." When given a chance to think, I do. That is the mistake; we must be guided by the Spirit. It is a progressive process. The way Moses appeased God's anger was to plead; implying that though he was reluctant; he was still listening. It is my belief that as long as we are bent toward God with a heart to serve Him; He will work with us. He reads our heart, not our words.

I agree! Even though our words are saying "no, not me!" God sees our hearts are truly bent towards him (great way to put it, by the way!).

I don't think Moses doesn't believe (unbelief), because he is holding a conversation with God himself! But, the truly awesome task God is asking him to do is scaring Moses to death. His first questions are a reaction to his initial fear. Even his last confession seems to be an extension of the fear that has gripped him, "Oh Lord, please send someone else to do it!" I definitely see myself in Moses when God has called me to do something for him! "But God, are you sure I am capable? How will I fit it in my schedule? What will people think?" But, as with Moses, that is an initial, fearful reaction. Then, as I wrap my head around what God is asking, and pray, God begins his mighty work and delivers his confidence to me. The fear lessens, and God can finally use me as he did Moses. Thank goodness for God's patience with our human shortcomings!

I definitely saw Moses in myself back in 2003 when although I felt called to be a Lay Reader I too had doubts and perhaps didn't trust enough in God at that time to give me the strength I needed to what he had called me to do. I am pleased to say that I go through the necessary three year training and was licensed as a Reader at Southwark Cathedral in October 2006.

I think Moses was just being downright selfish when he came up with those excuses. He had a good life, a wife, kids and a steady job. Why give up all that to risk his life in Egypt? I can't fault him for that.

Unbelief was a minimal issue. When God told him to pick up a snake by its tail shortly after this he did it - he trusted God to quite a degree. Sure, fear would have been there, but his earlier behaviour suggests that he could overcome fear so unless 40 years in Midian had turned him into a wimp (I can't see it myself) that was no problem.

Disobedience was the problem. Unfortunately, if we disobey, others miss out.

We were consecrating a music team in prayer a couple of nights ago and I refused to pray what I should have over the worship leader. God has made it clear to me that if I don't correct that then not only will the worship leader miss out on something but the whole town will miss out on some of what He plans to do through the guy.

The only way that I know how to appease God (and in fact my conscience) is to do what Moses did - just do it.

God is angry with Moses because under all his excuses there was no desire to go.

I think his sin was all of those reasons, fear, unbelief & disobedience.

I'm sure the Lord has been angry with me. I can't remember any particular circumstance right now, but I sure have experienced His grace!!

Moses appeased God by agreeing to go with his brother Aaron, if Aaron does the speaking.

God's anger toward Moses is kindled when, in spite of what He has just told and shown him (unconsumed burning bush, staff-to-serpent and back to staff, leprous hand/clean hand), Moses fails to be adequately convinced that God can work through him. I think it's the exact opposite of Jesus' response to His question in Matthew 16, "...but who do you say I am?" Peter responded, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus said "blessed are you (sic) because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father who is in heaven." In the same sense, God has just revealed to Moses who He truly is and yet Moses is not sufficiently convinced to be obedient (yet).

Moses' basic sin is a level of unbelief. Yes, I'm certain God has been angry with me... probably many more times than I could count...

Moses agreed to go after God disclosed to him more of His plan; Aaron will be Moses' mouthpiece. I think it's important to keep in mind that God didn't change His plans because of Moses' initial recalcitrance. God's plan was always God's plan; what we see in this passage is God disclosing more details to Moses about how he would lead the Israelites out of captivity.

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses? What is Moses' basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience? Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think? How did Moses appease God's anger?

Answer:

1. Why is God angry with Moses?

Because Moses is very stubborn.His lesson 40 years ago might have tremendous impact on Moses image.From an assuming prince,(Pharoahs daughter adopted Son)to a lowly shepherd for 40 years might have broken His will,and caused so much stubbornness.

2. What is Moses' basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience?

Unbeleif..Because of unbelief fear followed and when you have fear it produce disobedience.

3. Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think?

No my Lord cannot be angry with me,Because of What Jesus has done in the Cross.God doesn