JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Learning from Moses

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you?

1.His faith in Israels God was a great strength to Moses.

2. As teacher, he set a great example to do what you teach.

3. As Gods servant, God could count on him.

4. He understood the purpose of the law was a way for mankind to love God.

5. His strength of being a prophet to God, a person that Gods household could be entrusted to.

6. Moses strength was that of a great mediator and I can see the importance of my being a prayer mediator to those who are in need.

7. His strength was in knowing God.

8. Moses strength was seen in his reputation, he is still spoken of today as a friend of God.

9. Moses strength was his great compassion for his people, seen in his prayers with God.

10. He had the Holy Spirit, his greatest strength!

What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you?

Moses had many weaknesses, but I think his greatest weakness was that of being a human being having to fight the desires of the flesh.

It's warning to me is, I too have the same battle to fight, I see the importance of the Holy Spirit on Moses life, and his obedience to God was why Moses weaknesses would become his strength, I am confident that I too can be strong in the Lord, that is, if I desire to be and that I do!

If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it?

To me the primary thing in Moses life was his honesty with God, he spoke frankly from the heart, face to face with the awesome God of Israel, what a wonderful intimacy he had with his God.

This was a great lesson about a great man of God, thank you.

Inspiring Strengths of Moses:

Through out the lesson one can see that, Moses as a leader succeded because of his obedience to God. He carried out what the Lord said and directed; despite of course some few incidents of human weakness. He was also fair but firm. No where in the lesson you can see him favouring somebody; to him all were equal and even when he was interceding, he was doing that for all. When somebody was making a mistake, he pointed out clearly; regardless who that person was. I think those are the strengths of Moses that one can learn.

Warning Weaknesses of Moses:

Yes, as a human being, despite the strengths, Moses had also his weaknesses. Unfortunately this even led to him been punished not to be able to enter the promised land. One of his more vivid weaknesses is anger which in some cases led to him being arrogant. And this did not please the Lord at all. You can see that, despite his obedience which survived many tests for a long time, he became angry once and became arrogant forgetting what the Lord has told him about talking to the rock; he struck it and he told the people him and his aides will give them water; forgetting to tell them that what will happen is becuase of the glory of the Lord. The Lord was angry with him and punished him: will not enter the promised land.

The one primary thing God has taught me from Moses' life that I seek to apply to mine is obedience, obedience,obedience.

Inspiring Strengths of Moses:

Through out the lesson one can see that, Moses as a leader succeded because of his obedience to God. He carried out what the Lord said and directed; despite of course some few incidents of human weakness. He was also fair but firm. No where in the lesson you can see him favouring somebody; to him all were equal and even when he was interceding, he was doing that for all. When somebody was making a mistake, he pointed out clearly; regardless who that person was. I think those are the strengths of Moses that one can learn.

Warning Weaknesses of Moses:

Yes, as a human being, despite the strengths, Moses had also his weaknesses. Unfortunately this even led to him been punished not to be able to enter the promised land. One of his more vivid weaknesses is anger which in some cases led to him being arrogant. And this did not please the Lord at all. You can see that, despite his obedience which survived many tests for a long time, he became angry once and became arrogant forgetting what the Lord has told him about talking to the rock; he struck it and he told the people him and his aides will give them water; forgetting to tell them that what will happen is becuase of the glory of the Lord. The Lord was angry with him and punished him: will not enter the promised land.

The one primary thing God has taught me from Moses' life that I seek to apply to mine is obedience, obedience,obedience.

Q4.

What about Moses' strengths have inspired you?

What inspired me most was the way he put the interests of his nation above those of his own. I also notice he was a humble man of patience and of great faith. I would say a great leader.

Perhaps his anger. Except for displeasing God at Meribah, his anger was mostly legitimate. To think of the immense pressure he was put under before God got him to delegate some of his responsibilities.

If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it?

Moses was less than perfect yet God used him mightily. This makes me realise that despite my weakness God still loves me and uses me. I

Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you?

I absolutely love Moses! I relate to him in so many ways! He was 80 when he got started! (I'm nearly 70 and God has assigned me my most difficult task for this time in my life). I appreciate most of all his meekness. (the Lord gave me a picture of meekness during an earlier study, of a powerful stallion rearing with flaring nostrils and rippling muscles, which has been tamed to the bit and bridle... sensitive to his master's light touch. So calm as to allow small children to ride upon his back without fear). Moses is described as the most meek man upon the face of the earth. I love that about Him! I love that though a stammering, insecure man he surrendered to the call of God on his life. I'm insecure and though I don't stammer, I lack confidence when speaking, and believe that like Moses, God can fill my mouth with what He wants me to say when needed. I appreciate that Moses, though a great and godly man, was so human. That gives me hope that I can be used of God, in spite of my flaws, and frailties. When I started this walk with the Lord, I had read a number of "prairie journals", the writings of women who left the comfort of a home in the East to make the trek to the West with their men. I said many times, "I would not have made it past Missouri!" But I've experienced, as I believe Moses did, that God "works perseverance" into our character through the difficulties and long delays and hardship. Everything about Moses inspires me!

I saw that like all of us, Moses was a work in progress, whose weaknesses were gradually trained out of him. The one which got him into trouble and kept him from leading the people into the promised land was actually a strength misused. He took personally the people's griping and complaining and got angry and struck the rock. But that also demonstrates to me that he was fully invested in them and their welfare...wanted them to love and serve God as he did and ran out of patience at the end. (I used to feel so sad for him until I realized that though he didn't lead them into the land, he was there IN the land on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus and Elijah! Doesn't get much better than that! I think that was more glorious than what could have been had he kept his cool. God is so faithful!

The warning to me is that no matter how long and tiresome the journey, (and mine has been long and tiresome, more years in the wilderness than not, and with more sorrow and pain and loss, than joy), to hang on to the Lord's hand and His strength until the journey is complete. I'm at the border of the promised land, surrounded by fiery serpents of betrayal, physical pain, discouragement, depressed and complaining companions, tempted on all sides to give up. But studying Moses and how he blew it at the very end inspires me to waver not in my faith, and to keep believing that God is able to perform that which he promised me 30 years ago!

To love God with all my heart, soul and mind, and to seek to live in total reliance upon God's next Word of guidance/direction. To joy in seeking His face!

Thank you Pastor Wilson for this amazing study. You got to the very heart of Moses and the "meat" in those long chapters. It was a wonderful study!

Guest drenia
Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you? What inspired me most was the way he put the interests of his nation above those of his own. I also notice he was a humble man of patience and of great faith. I would say a great leader. What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you? Perhaps his anger. Except for displeasing God at Meribah, his anger was mostly legitimate. To think of the immense pressure he was put under before God got him to delegate some of his responsibilities. If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it? Moses was less than perfect yet God used him mightily. This makes me realise that despite my weakness God still loves me and uses me. I

Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you? What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you? If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it?

We learned from the revelation given to Moses that there is one eternal God; Who created all things and has revealed Himself to men, word of God was revealed to Moses in the burning bush, they could be saved.

I love the fact that Moses loved God & the Israelite people, even before God called him into service for Him. He grew in love & trust. But like every human being, he had been filled up with Israel's constant complaining & folly--which led him to not keep focused on God & his precise instructions & was moved by his emotions.

I need to follow Jesus at His word regardless of emotions flooding me!

I would desire Moses' strength in the Lord, trusting in Him fully and that He is able in every circumstance!

The greatest strength that I learned about Moses, was his ability to make intercession for the people. I was really inspired that through all the stubborn rebellion of the people he was given to lead, he for the most part tried to intervene for them. I've been able to pray more for those who hurt me or who won't listen to Biblical instruction but ridicule the truth. I have more of a heart of compassion. This, coupled with the words of Jesus in another study, "Father forgive them, they know not what they do..." showed me that Jesus heart was in that same place as He hung in agony on the cross. So together they were very inspiring.

His weakness, that was a warning to me was to not act rashly and out of frustration, but to be still and know what God is instructing me to do. To wait and to know that I am in His will in any circumstance.

The one primary thing I learned from Moses life, is to step out in faith. To know that if "I can't" "He can" and to trust in God's faithfulness. And, for me to be committed to God to do His will and to fulfill my purposes in life. The ones He gives me. Whether anyone agrees or not or expects other things from me. I can be confidant in what God gives me to do.

Thanks so much for another wonderful study!

Answering to Q.4:Moses, the reluctant leader, though was not born to be the leader but his overall deeds impress me for his fear of, his trust and faith in God; his being straight forward, bravery, struggle hard, endurance and his patience.

His life (after Pastor Ralph's lessons) warns me to be careful of being fast and hot temper,to follow the orders or rules of God to the very details of commands(as at Meribah) and to implement or accomplish HIS plans or my duties to the best I can as an unworthy servant(of God).

The only thing, after my discernment, is to listen carefully what God wants me to be and/or to do, then I must perform it/them to my utmost care and ability without any worldly bias. After this I must always thank and praise Him for giving me the chance(s) to serve Him.

Deo Gratias!!! I humbly joined in your prayer and thanked Him in allowing me to be a student in Pastor Ralph's class about Moses, the reluctant leader.

Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you? What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you? If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it?

Answer:

1.What about Moses' strengths have inspired you?

I think it is His Boldness, in interceding. Nobody can interceed the way Moses prayed to God now adays..Because we have a better intercessor in Jesus Christ.

However during those times,when Moses is interceding with the Hebrew people,I am still blown by how he address God:

Exodus 32:11-12-11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

And look, how God respond to him