JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”? In what way can people “read us”? Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”? People believe what THEY see, not what we SAY.

In what way can people “read us”? Our contenance and our words and actions.

Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? Nothing to remember, just pure Ivory all day long.

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? I smile, say thank you and ten I add; it is bigger than me!

How might you respond appropriately? "It is the Christ in me that you see." "Have some???"

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3)

In what sense are we “living letters”? The way we conduct ourselves, our lives are the product of who we are, I always ask myself, do I have anything in my life that would hinder Gods work are hinder someone that is trying to live a real Christian life.

In what way can people “read us”? Do I have the real spirit dwelling in me, that someone would want? People are fooled sometimes, but eventually the real heart will show whats in it.

Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? Most people don't realize, that it is so much easier to live a genuine life for God, don't keep lying to yourself. Their is so much false religion being portrayed as real, that it is so good to run into someone real, it don't take but a few seconds to find out, your spirits will instantly be connected.

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? Their is no better comment in the world to me than to have someone to tell me that they see something in me they wish they had.

How might you respond appropriately? When I am asked what is so different about me, I always respond with this answer. [Walk your talk]. It is easier to live right than wrong, you don't have to worry about hiding anything.

Maranatha;

Mike

In what sense are we “living letters”? I live each day with the prayer that I am a blessing and not a burden others. This way people see Christ in me and might be drawn to ask about Him.

In what way can people “read us”? Our actions and our attitudes speak volumes as to what is in our hearts.

Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? People can detect phoniness a mile away. If we want to win people to Christ, we need to be authentic and love people as Christ loved people one person at a time.

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

I hope that I would respond that it's not me and that it is Christ in me that they see.

In what sense are we “living letters”? In what way can people “read us”?

Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives?

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you?

How might you respond appropriately?

As believers we are Christ’s ambassadors, saints, representatives, and ‘living letters’, on this earth. People watch us and are quick to label us as hypocrites whenever we do not display proper Christian behaviour. Through the power of the Holy Spirit profound changes of heart, mind, and will occur in our outward behaviour. The world will notice this, and we are expected to display the fruit of the Spirit; joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, at all times. These changes are for all to see and we cannot fake them. It is when people consistently see this proper conduct that we can be effective in winning over souls for our Lord. It gives us an important opportunity to spread the Gospel.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we "living letters”?

In our reflection or expression of who we are; we should be a reflection of Christ – He left us an example therefore we should follow His foot steps. Do we walk the talk? Are we responsible for our actions? What advice do we give others – is it something you would do if faced with the same circumstance?

In what way can people "read us" ?

Actions speak louder than words – people will read us by our actions first before looking at other things. How we portray ourselves to both believers and non-believers is important if we want to be good examples – The bible sets standards for us Christians – do we teach people what the bible says yet we don’t follow what it says? We should also be careful of how we treat others, just because we are believers we shouldn’t view ourselves as better than others – we have become what we are through God’s mercy; God is credited for the transformation and change in us. This transformation takes a different shape in each person therefore we should be patient with those who are slow to change and encourage them to surrender fully to allow the Holy Spirit work in them.

As a believer my main purpose is to win non believers to Christ – by being authentic people begin to trust and believe in what I say, this way it becomes easy for me to sell Christ to non believers.

Who believes a phony person? One who doesn’t know them; one who doesn’t know what the phony person represents, but the moment you get to know who they are you don’t want anything to do with them. Phonies cannot be trusted, they are irresponsible, they are liars, they keep on changing goal posts; the bottom line is one cannot depend on them. Such a person cannot be trusted to work for the Kingdom of God

What happens when people "read" something in you that they admire and mention it to you?

It gives me fuel to go on; I feel motivated to improve or continue doing the same thing to others

Most of the time my response is – praise God for whatever it is they have commended me for. When I look back from where I have come from, I do realize that there are some things that I wouldn’t have managed to do if I did continue in my old ways. The change in me is commendable but that doesn’t mean that I am the one to be given credit for this change – the one who deserves all the praise is one gave out His life for me; the one whom I released myself to – it is through Him that I was made new and changed to what I am today – I thank God for everything.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”? In what way can people “read us”? Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

We are "living letters" in that people will read what is written on our hearts. If we have the Gospel in our hearts, then the Gospel is a part of us and people will see that in us. They "read" our actions and our attitudes. 1 John 3:18 says, "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth." Anyone can "talk the talk" but "walking the walk" is true testimony! Living the Word is the real way people read us.

When people read something in me that they admire and mention it to me, I am encouraged. I usually thank them and in turn thank God they saw Him in me, because it's Him, not me they see. But, I'm also very cautious of "people" praise. It can be fickle. When I'm commended by the Holy Spirit, I find deeper joy in that. When God says to me, "I saw that." them I'm very content and even humbled with thanksgiving to have such a part in the work and how close He is to me. That's what I really covet. Then I know I'm in His will and that gives me great joy!

We are living letters to others because they can read us like a book, that's why it's so important we live our lives pleasing unto God and letting others see Christ in us, because we are supposed to be conformed to the image of God's Son, Jesus Christ. People are not stupid, they can recognise phonies and hypocrites in the body of Christ, therefore we need to be transparent since we are ambassadors of Christ's Kingdom and we're supposed to represent Him here on earth.When people mention to me about something they admire, I politely say thank you and I always try to remember to give glory to God and not become prideful or puffed up since all the gifts comes from Him anyways.When I let my light shine, others are supposed to see my good works, and glorify my Father in heaven.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”? People can read us, our attitude, our characters by the way we act. Our facial expressions, the love that flows from God thru us to others.

In what way can people “read us”? By our attitude, our actions.

Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? Others are watching us,judging Christianity by the actions of Christians and professed Christians. If they are seeing the loving, giving, humble spirit of true Christians, they will be drawn toward God, wanting the love and warmth for themselves. If all they see is phoniness, a judging, harsh attitude, why would they be interested in learning about God from us?

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? First off, I'm flustered, can't think what to say. Then, by the time I get the words, they have moved on to something else. I need help with this Lord, please give me your words to say.

How might you respond appropriately? Smile, say thank God for that. Any suggestions? I don't speak well, my words are slower than my mind. Again, I need Gods help

We are examples of Christ-like living, in that we are suppose to be more and more like Christ. I know from experience that people will "test the waters" to see if I will be willing to join in. They want to see if I am real, or "just another hypocrite". If someone complements me I simply say to God be the glory-I am merely being obedient. <p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix">

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”?

We are born "dead" to God, with hearts of stone until Jesus is invited in and we are reborn...with hearts of love which can be "read" by those around us. The Law was written on tablets of stone. Our hearts are to reflect the new and better covenant of grace as He lives through us.

In what way can people “read us”?

Jesus is alive in us through the Holy Spirit...yesterday's lesson on the "perfume of Christians" explains how people "read" us...they see Jesus (hopefully!!!!) in us and sense that we are different from unbelievers. They see, our actions, feel our love, sense our Lord alive in us......they read us and see Him.

Authenticity is attractive. People want the REAL deal. They want to know that what we say we believe is what we actually believe and live. Phoniness has a foul smell...like death. Authentic Christians may be the only Bible an unbeliever "reads".

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you?

We are both blessed. That happened this morning....when I felt so weak and weary. Someone asked me to pray with them, and I opened my mouth and prayed....there was great rejoicing when words inspired by the Holy Spirit affirmed to the person what she believed the Lord had been showing her.

The only way I know how....to rejoice and give the glory and thanks to the Author of anything seen, heard or felt by others, in me.
It's such a humbling experience.....I praise Him when it happens and rejoice that He has used me.

We are living letters in the sense that our lives show who we really are. We can sometimes put on a mask with a false body, but in time people will know who you really are. People will see us and feel that they need what we have.

The "Church" of today is full of people who are phony. They believe one thing on Sunday and another the rest of the week. These so-called Christians can believe anything and everything is alwright to do. So that when we reach out to the unbeliever, he does not respond because, he believes that those who are "Christians" live just like him. We must live a sincere, holy life that others will want to have.

When someone admires some character trait you have, you have to silently praise God and say to the person that you try to be like that from the character of Jesus.

We are Christ ambassadors we are to present Christ every where.

From our fruits. We shall know them by their fruits.

1 Peter 3v1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. even for those around us they might be won to Christ because of our behavior.

Feel happy and say thank you.

That's where i need a prayers, i become proud

I bring to mind here the expression "I can read you like a book", well you cant judge a book by its cover and to be read like a book you must allow your pages to be read. To do this just open your heart, let your love shine through and show the character of Christ. Every day for me is a "Red Letter Day"

Sincerity is a committement, and our actions speak louder than words, it is of paramount importance to be authentic, to be real about our faith, shallow deeds will be seen through in an instant. We are servants of God, to take His word to all we come into contact with, with sincerity and unselfish motives, and if we are to gain anything from it, it should be the knowledge of being obedient to Him.

Emanuel

People watch us and our actions display our faith. We are still human and make mistakes so how we handle those is important.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”? In what way can people “read us”? Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?GOD said that He is going to write a new commandment on the"HEARTS"of men,we were given the 10 commandments written on stone which we would/could not keep.By living with GODS Words in our Hearts people will be able to see/read that you have become a new creature...Because if you live as the secular world how will the secular world be able to see/read that you are a child of GOD???As the saying goes you might be working on what you should be but thank GOD you are not what you use to be...

In what sense are we “living letters”?

We are “Living letters” by the way we carry ourselves. If we have the Holy Spirit in our hearts we will show that we are of Christ. If we don’t have the Spirit in our hearts then we are just pretending to be believers. God knows what is in our hearts and he will rebuke you if you are a False Christian…

There are a lot of people who KNOW we are in Christ or have the Holy Spirit in us. They sence whether we are good or bad Christians…

My moto has always been “Walk the Talk”. If you are a TRUE Christian it will show in your daily life. If you say you are going to do something then you must do it…

What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

“I do all things through Christ which strengthens me…” I give all the credit to my Lord Jesus Christ.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

We are living letters by how we act and by how we speak and the way we live our lives. Other people "read" this or see this which ties in to being not phony. It is very important to be authentic because by our authenticity we show that we aren't hypocrites that we honestly believe in Christ and his teaching.

When someone mentions something to me usually I'm unprepared and miss the opportunity or give an answer that isn't for me, clear enough. I hope with God's help I will be able to give an answer that is clear all the time I'm asked.

Jwalane Mofokeng said:

1 Peter 3v1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. even for those around us they might be won to Christ because of our behavior.

I have recently been drawn to this verse as a reminder that it's not so much what I say, and it's not the flashy being in choir or being an assisting minister in my church, but it is the quiet confidence that knowing that I am saved brings me

We are living letters in the way that we live our lives for Christ. When people see us they should see Christ in us, hear things the way that Christ says them, treat people the way that Christ treats people. People do sometime read others by what they see on the outside. When you do this there is a good chance you may be wrong on occasions. But people also read other by how they act and what they say. Sometimes we can spot phonies and sometimes we cannot. We must take care that we ourselves are genuinely sincere in our efforts to show others that we have Christ in our hearts, not for our gain or glory but for the glory of God. When some one compliments us we should thank them and let it be known that it is the Jesus in us and that to Him the glory belongs for any good they may see in us. We must stamp down any vanity or pride on our part and be humble.

In what sense are we "living letters" ?

We are living letters in the sense that, what the people see in us speaks more than something on paper. Thus, our christian life, deeds, can have greater influence to people and make them turn to Christ than just writting a letter to them asking to to turn to Christ or just preaching to them while our deeds are different from what we preach.

In what way can people "read us" ?

People can "read us" by seeing what we do;do we do what we preach? If not then we cannot win them; but if we do what we preach, we can win them.

It is so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives in order to convince others, especially those who do not believe in Christ, how christian life is, thus the importance to turn to Christ.

What happens when people "read" something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

When people "read" something in me that they admire and mention it to me, I must feel proud and know that, as a "living letter", I have succeeded to convey the message to change people to turn to Christ. I must them continue to encourage them to do that what they admire in me, telling them that, what they admire is not my creation but that is how God wants all of us to be.

2. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3) In what sense are we “living letters”? In what way can people “read us”? Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives? What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

Answer:

1.In what sense are we “living letters”? In what way can people “read us”? Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives?

We are living letters in a sense that people both Christians and non Christians see the Fruit of the Spirit in everything we do,reflected in our actions and character,including the way we speak.

People read us through our deeds,works,which just accidentally manifest from the inside to the outside...why accidentally,because we don't force ourself,we dont groan in doing good to please people,but it just automatically manifest..being led by the Spirit.

When you are pretentious,and phony,it will eventually shows in your character,for you cannot hide the true intentions and character that you have for a long time...

2. What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately.

Sometimes these accolades and praise just lead to self righteousness..so that we must always acknowledge in ourself,that all the good things that we received in not from us,or the result of our goodness...but coming from God

James 1:17-All generous giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming downfrom the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or the slightest hint of change.

So when somebody read something in you that they admire..GIVE GOD ALL THE PRAISE...and they will also want something in you that they dont have....then you can witness to them,and bring them to Christ....

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

“You’re the only Jesus some will ever see” is from a great song of some years back. The life observed speaks far more powerfully than mere words. Everything God has spoken is now written on the heart of every believer, who is then commissioned to live that Word out before others. The way we conduct our practical lives must match up to what we say we believe in order to be authentic. (This is the same principle of James 2:14-26.) When those in darkness see what a life of light looks like they get a more accurate “read” on God.

It used to feel really awkward when someone commented on anything spiritually positive they saw in me. I understand now that the compliment actually belongs to the Father. So I tell them thank you, express appreciation that this person has been blessed or encouraged, and simply share that the credit goes to the Father.

Q. In what sense are we “living letters”?

A. We are living letters of Christ's message. The way we act around people, how we spread the gospel of Christ is what makes us "living letters".

Q.In what way can people “read us”?

A. By the way we behave around other brothers and sisters. How we address ourselves to non believers. They will be able to sense out spirit and hopefully the Holy Ghost as well. People can pick up on positive energy when we have King Jesus in mind.

Q. Why is it so important to be authentic, not phony, in our lives?

A. We will be held accountable if we mislead a fellow brother/sister away from Christ if we are not sincere. So it is important to always be authentic, so our "word" is gold when we speak to others. People will hold you in the highest esteem because of your authenticity in Christ.

Q. What happens when people “read” something in you that they admire and mention it to you? How might you respond appropriately?

A. I would be flattered and give them thanks for acknowledging me. But I "always" give the glory of my acknowledgment to GOD!

The only Bible most people will ever read is the Christian person they encounter. If we reflect the character of Christ we are in effect letters from God to the lost.

Well, for one thing, our reactions when things go wrong. Most people would spit the dummy and cuss. We would hopefully be more self-controlled since self-control is a gift of the Spirit. Also, in our lack of gossiping, our lack of back stabbing, etc. There are many ways in which a child of God should be easily distinguishable from an ordinary person.

Because people are smarter than we often give them credit for. A wise man once told me to always tell the truth. That way I won't have to remember what lies I told to which people. I'll remember the truth because it is the truth.

That doesn't happen much. The circles in which I move are populated by people who don't give compliments much. If they admire someone they're hardly likely to tell that person, or anyone else. Australia is the world's leader in the tall poppy syndrome. You don't admit to admiring someone; you try to denigrate them and bring them low . . . down to where you are.

Like I said . . . Ain't gonna happen.