JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Freedom from the Spirit

• 1 month later...

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17)

Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it?

What enables people to come to Christ at all?

What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?

The Holy Spirit takes away spiritual blindness by opening our hearts and minds to the Word. It is the Holy Spirit that enables us to come to the Lord at all. Then He helps transform us little by little so that we eventually resemble our Saviour Jesus Christ. The freedom we enjoy on becoming Christians is freedom from bondage to the law; freedom in understanding Scripture; and freedom in coming to the Lord.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it?

It is only through the Spirit that we are NOT distracted by the law. Trusting the Spirit takes the finite mind of man out of the way to receive the infinite mind of God through His Spirit to see the truth.

What enables people to come to Christ at all? Turning away from Satan and turning to God.

What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians? The freedom of audacious ANTICIPATION, HOPE, and BOLDNESS

why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it?

The Holy Spirit essential to help people to see truth clearly because it is the Spirit of truth ,for it is the Holy Spirit that guides all believer into all truth ,the Holy Spirit is very essential to every believer in-order for them to see the truth clearly without the Holy Spirit no believer can know the about God. it takes the anointing of the Holy Spirit in the believer to be able to grasp or understand these truths.

God is the one that enables people to come to Christ (John 6:44)

What kind of freedom does the Spirit gives us when we become Christians ?

Freedom from dominion of sin and from the law because we are now under grace ,Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law .

. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? What enables people to come to Christ at all? What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?

2 Corinthians 3:16-17 but when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is present,there is freedom.

Answer:

1W.hy is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it?

Without the Holy Spirit,all our understanding is just HEAD KNOWLEDGE..not HEART KNOWLEDGE..

2.What enables people to come to Christ at all?

IT IS GOD HIMSELF WHO DRAWS PEOPLE TO CHRIST:

jesus said...

John 6:44- No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,and I will raise Him up on the last day.

John 6:65-So Jesus added,"Because of this I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has allowed him to come.

2 Tim 1:9-He(GOD THE FATHER) is able to save us and called us with a Holy calling not based on our works but on His own PURPOSE AND GRACE,granted to us in CHRIST JESUS before the time began.

3.What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?

The Spirit,will reveal GODS LOVE for us,and give us liberty out of this love that we don't fear..and it gives us freedom to worship God,to Praise Him daily,knowing that we will never be condemned,nor forsaken...WHY?...because of Jesus...God has already forsaken Jesus in our behalf(Matthew 27:46-At about three o'clock Jesus Shouted with a loud voice,Eli,Eli sabachthani"? that is "My God,my God why have you forsaken me?)..

The Holy Spirit will convict us that we are already Forgiven that God is merciful and Will not remember our sins any longer(Hebrews 10;15-17)

Hebrews 10;15-17-And the HOLY SPIRIT ALSO WITNESSES TO US,for after saying'This is the covenant that I will establish with them after those days,says the Lord.I will put my Laws on their hearts and I will inscribe them in their minds,the he says,"their sins and their lawless deeds i will remember no longer"

God has loved us so much that He spare not His own Son(Romans 8:32)...because of this Love we are confident..that as of now God is looking at us,the way He look at Jesus...as Jesus is so are we in this world:

1 John 4;17-By this LOVE IS PERFECT with us,so that we may have confidence in the day of Judgement,because Just as JESUS IS SO ARE WE IN THIS WORLD.

THANK YOU JESUS...amen.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? What enables people to come to Christ at all? What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?

The Holy Spirit makes everything happen. He leads us into truth and removes blinders or veils off our eyes to come to the truth so that we may know Him who is the truth. We are free from bondage to sin and condemnation when we become Christians.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

The Holy Spirit is essential to help people see and grasp clear truth because He is the only one who can remove the veil that satan uses to blind people to the truth. A physical parallel might be the condition of cataracts, which blur and obscure accurate clear vision. The only cure for cataracts is surgery to remove the damaged lens and replace it. Spiritual blindness is only “corrected” as the spiritual Surgeon cuts away the clouded lens that veils proper sight and replaces it with the clarity of a new spiritual lens. Only then can one see and come to The Truth - Christ.

When we become believers in Christ, the Spirit delivers us from captivity to the Law of the old covenant. He delivers us from the ultimate outcome of the Law, which is death and condemnation (vs.7-9), because no one could perfectly keep or fulfill that Law and would ultimately be judged by it.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? What enables people to come to Christ at all? What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?

The Holy Spirit opens our eyes to see, our minds to understand, our ears to hear correctly and the truth is written on our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit. No more "head knowledge" that has no merit in living the truth! Motivated by love for our Savior and Father, we want to live the truth! It becomes our purpose!

Only the Holy Spirit can bring people to accept Christ. I believe at some point, everyone is called, but everyone has to "choose" to accept the call. I was called when deeply in sin and the Holy Spirit wooed me away from that life. People came and went whether positively or negatively, but the Holy Spirit never left me and guided me into truth and gave me strength to walk away from so much sin. He showed me love and grace. I truly love because He first loved me.

The freedom the Holy Spirit gave me was freedom from condemnation, freedom from sin and freedom to walk in the new truths He gave me!

Blessed, blessed freedom!

If any have not said "yes" to God's nudging in your life....say YES! It's a beautiful thing to know Him and to love Him! Better than anything you've ever known!

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it?

We are a fallen people born disconnected from God....our minds are darkened and veiled to Truth. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, who came to lead us into all Truth. He alone turns on the Light in our darkened minds. "When He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into ALL the Truth (the whole, full truth)...(John 16:13 ampl.)

I would say not what, but rather Whom. Jesus said "No one can come to Me unless it is granted him (unless he is enabled to do so) by My Father." John 6:65 & John 10:16 (He Impels us to come) The Father chose me before the foundation of the world, and gave me to Jesus, as His love gift. (John 17:6, 9,11,12,24)  Then it was the Holy Spirit Who stirred me and drew me to Christ, introducing me to Him.( It is the Spirit Who gives life. John 6:63). When I said "Yes" to Jesus, the Holy Spirit came to live inside me...my Helper, Comforter, Encourager, Teacher, Advocate, Intercessor, Standby, (John 15:26) then Jesus gave me, redeemed, back to His Father as His love gift.(John 17:7) 

I used to say "I found Jesus!", before I understood that the Triune God chose me, hunted me down, wooed me, regifted me to each other as a love gift, and I fell into His arms, cleansed forever, and forever His daughter!

"And you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free". John 8:32...He is Truth, and His revelation of Truth removes the veil of denial and deception to which we are in bondage. Truth is like a laser which cuts through spiritual and emotional walls of iron and gates of steel which imprison believers and unbelievers alike.

The Holy Spirit is essential because it is the source of our sight and our understanding without it we will be unable to know the truth and the love of God. It is the Holy Spirit that enables people to come to Christ by removing the blindness.

The Freedom the Holy Spirit gives us is freedom from the written law.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? The Holy Spirit is given to us under the New Covenant. Only with the aid of the Holy Spirit can we feel Gods love and forgiveness and begin the process of sanctification.

What enables people to come to Christ at all? Gods love and longing for us to be His children draws us to Christ, His son, who died for us

What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians? Freedom from death, freedom from sin, and freedom from the slavery to these laws.

Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it?

- Because the god of this world has blinded the mind...(2 Cor 4:4) and only the holy spirit can remove the veil and help us see clearly

- Because God is the author of all truth. Who but his own spirit knows the things of a person? Similarly, no one but the Spirit of God knows the things of God (1 Cor 2: 11). He is the Spirit of Truth and reveals all truth.The things of God are spiritually discerned. They are like foolishness to the natural mind.

It is God that enables us to come to Christ. However we have a responsibility to accept the call coz He wont force you.

- Freedom from slavery to sin

- Freedom from the curse of the law

- Freedom to be all that He's called and created us to be in all its fullness, no barriers, empowered by His Spirit.

- Freedom of relationship with Him, communion with the Holy Spirit. Because of His redemptive work on the cross, we are sons and not slaves. Hallelujah!

The Holy Spirit is the One who gives understanding of the Gospel. It makes no sense without God's Spirit opening the hearts of people being saved.

Christians are chosen and enabled to come to Christ in ways we'll never understand. The Holy Spirit moves in everyone chosen for Salvation.

Freedom from slavery to sin and to the corrupt world's system of behavior.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth and he leads us in to all truth. The Holy Spirit convinces the world of sin and gives us the spiritual rebirth. After we become Christians the Spirit cleans us up and brings us in to the truth that sets us free. Awesome!

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? Holy Spirit is the third person of the unity of God and we believe that Christ send the Holy Spirit to be our guidance and helper. If we don't accept Christ as our personal Savior and really believe in what He has done for us, there is no faith in us. And when the Holy Spirit does not dwell in us, His light is not radiant on our face. We don't shine like those who are truly faithful.

What enables people to come to Christ at all? The Holy Spirit is the one who enables us in today's society to come to know Christ.

What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians? We are assured that we will meet Christ when He returns. Satan will do anything in his power to move us away from GOD, but we can rest assured that by being faithful to GOD and CHRIST, our salvation is guaranteed.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17)

The Holy Spirit is essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it because it removes the blindness from the people and they are able to see the glory of God.

It is the Holy Spirit that enables people to come to Christ.

When we become Christians, the Spirit gives us freedom from the letter of the law.

The Holy Spirit is essential to help us in our daily walk with the Lord, to guide us into all truth, to remind us with the things that we learn not to loose them.

John 6 v 44 Jesus said: No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

We are free from sin, no more under the law we live by grace

When we are talking about the truth concerning spiritual matters, it takes the spirit of God to enable us understand and see clearly what is being said about such spiritual matters.

It is the same spirit of God that convicts us and draws us to the Lord Jesus Christ. Once we come to Christ we are no longer bound by following laws. We are then freed from the power and influence of the as the spirit leads us to obey and worship God.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? What enables people to come to Christ at all? What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?Because the Holy Spirit is our Advocate/Counselor,even in secular terms this would be someone that"PROTECTS"your best interest but flesh will fail i.e."The Spirit is willling but the flesh is weak"...Jesus/GOD/Holy Spirit are the WAY,TRUTH and the LIGHT...Prior to Jesus coming into this world taking on ALL our sins going to the cross and being raised 3 days later the only access we had to GOD was through the Priest...Freedom to be forgiven of our sins/receive salvation...

We need the Holy Spirit to be able to discern spiritual matters. Without the Spirit's guidance we are blind. God invited us to come to Him and the Spirit tugs at our hearts to accept God. With God's invitation we make our decision to come to Christ and salvation. After we are saved the Spirit is our guide to help us through our lives to become more like Jesus and learn to rely on God for all our needs.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 3:16-17) Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth, and what enables people to come to Christ at all?

When Moses went before the God of Israel, Adonai, Moses took off his veil, anyone who is seeking the LORD, it is the Messiah who takes away the veil, and it is the Spirit's ministry of convicting of "sin, righteousness and judgment, therefore they are willing to see the Messiah in the scriptures.

The drawing of the Holy Spirit enables people to come to the Messiah, but it is up to the persons "free will" whether or not they follow the draw upon their heart.

The Spirit of the LORD is there for those who believe in the Messiah of Israel, the Spirit gives to us freedom, freedom that enables us to function within the laws of God, because we are free from those stony hearts.

The New Testaments promise is that the veil has been torn, God's laws will be written on the believers heart, on those who will follow after the drawing of the Holy Spirit. :mellow:

Why is the Holy Spirit essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it? What enables people to come to Christ at all? What kind of freedom does the Spirit give us when we become Christians?

1) The Holy Spirit is essential to help people see truth clearly and be able to grasp it because it is the spirit that takes away blindness. We are able to see the truth, no longer blinded by Satan.

2) The Holy Spirit is what enables people to come to Christ.

3) The freedom that we receive when we become Christians is life. We are set free from death, sin and the law.

when we turn from our sinful ways and give our lives to the saviour it is the holy spirit drawing us to him.. as with moses the veil is lifted.

christ is giving us eternal life and freedom from trying to be saved by keeping laws.

when we come to christ to save us all our burdens and guilt are taken away by trusting him as our savior we are loved, accepted, forgiven, and freed to live for him