JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. At Home with the Lord

• 2 months later...

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death? Like 31 flavors, it is all Christ, just a different flavor.

What do Christians believe happens when we die? We immediately go to be with Jesus.

What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? We will be with him when He descend on earth for those who are still alive.

What will happen to us when Christ returns?

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, RSV)

Paul's words are a great reminder to me that this old world is not my final home, I'm just a passing through, as the old song says, "my treasurers are laid up somewhere beyond the blue." When I die I will be in the presence of Jesus, and that just excites my imagination as to what in the world that will be like. It will sure beat anything this old world offers now. Then on that great day when he returns and the dead in Christ shall rise I'll find out for sure how it all worked out as far as the final body thing and the thought of dwelling with Him forever just adds to the thrill and excitement..

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul's words comfort you when you consider your death? What do Christians believe happens when we die? What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? What will happen to us when Christ returns?

Absent from the body and at home with the Lord. What can be more comforting than that.

Ironside emphasizes the difference between the our man and the innerman.The outer detertiorates ,eventually is no longer, the inner man is renewed. It is the inner man that is immediately after this earthly tent is no longer living that goes to be with the Lord.

If we die before Christ returns our spirits go immediately to be with the Lord.

As I understand when Christ returns our spirits, souls will be reunited with our perfected bodies to be forever with our Savior.

As I think of those who have gone on, they are alive now. They are walkng around, busy and at home with their Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. They are more alive than we are right now. That is how I see it and it is exciting, and we need not fear when we are in Christ. We need only to anticipate when our stop comes.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death? What do Christians believe happens when we die? What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? What will happen to us when Christ returns?That i will live again because i believe JESUS died on the cross for my sins and was raised 3 days from the dead to provide for my salvation...Our flesh returns to dust and our Spirits await judgement day...We sleep until Jesus return...We will be caught up in the Resurrection when Jesus comes again...GOD BLESS

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death? What do Christians believe happens when we die? What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? What will happen to us when Christ returns?

When I consider death, these words comfort me because though sometimes I feel sad at the thought of leaving loved ones or what I'm called to do on this Earth, I can rejoice in two things. One, I'll be with Jesus. That makes me long for home. I'm looking forward to that moment. That's like, MORE than I can imagine!

The second thing is, I know I'll see my loved ones again and it will be so much better than here!

Christians believe when we die, our spirit is with Jesus that very moment of death.

What happens to us when Christ returns? We are clothed with our eternal bodies and will live with Him forever!

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death? What do Christians believe happens when we die? What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? What will happen to us when Christ returns?

When I die, I'm going to heaven, so I don't have to fear death.

Christians believe to go to heaven when they die.

If we die before Christ returns, we also go to Him directly, and not first sleeping somewhere else.

When Christ returns, we'll also get a new body.

The living Christians will be taken up directly.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8)

How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death?I'm going to heaven when I die. Can hardly wait

What do Christians believe happens when we die? We go to heaven or hell, according to wheither we believe in God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit that dwells in us and the fact that Jesus died for us.

What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? We will wait in Heaven with God I think, but don't know if we will be there as angels or just waiting under the alter, or what.

What will happen to us when Christ returns? We will always be with the Lord, but I am confused as always by this last question. This section or the Bible still confuses me; will be in heaven or return to earth with Jesus? This is where faith comes in. Faith that God has it planned out perfectly, faith that He will always be with me, and faith that He will always love me.

These are wonderful promises! I can hardly wait!! I was so excited about finally being retired, but the best part will be my new body & being with Jesus forever. Now, to the questions.....

God's got a plan for us. We'll be with Him forever! Praise Him!

Our spirits go to heaven to be with Jesus and loved ones who are saved.

If we die before Christ returns, he will bring us along as he resurrects our bodies & unite us with those being raptured!

We will be in our resurrected bodies, alive & well, praising our savior face to face!

These are wonderful promises! I can hardly wait!! I was so excited about finally being retired, but the best part will be my new body & being with Jesus forever. Now, to the questions.....

If we die before Christ returns, he will bring us along as he resurrects our bodies & unite us with those being raptured!

We will be in our resurrected bodies, alive & well, praising our savior face to face!

I know that if I live my life for Christ and for Him alone, then I know when I die, I will be in Heaven with Him. Christians believe and know that when they die, they will go Home to be with Jesus. If we die before Christ returns, our body or shell will lay in the grave and on Resurrection Day, we shall meet Him in the sky. He will take us to Heaven to live with Him.

How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death?

What do Christians believe happens when we die?

What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns?

Certainty about the future enables me to be brave in this present live. Absence from the body means to be present with the Lord (v 8). Therefore I do not fear death as I know I will be with Jesus. Our spirit immediately goes to be with our Lord and Saviour. There is a state between death and the coming of Christ; this is a disembodied state, but our spirit is still with Jesus. Finally when Jesus Christ returns we receive our glorified bodies. Come soon Lord Jesus!

1.WE CAN ALL BE COMFORT BY PAULS WORD BECAUSE AS SOON AS WE CLOSE OUR EYES IN DEATH WE ARE IN THE ARMS OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO LIVE AND BELIVE IN OUR HOLY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.

2. WE LIVE ETERNALLY WITH CHRIST JESUS.

3.IST THESSALONIANS 4: 13-17 TELLS THE ANSWER TO BOTH OF THESE QUESTIONS.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death?

I look forward to being with the Lord, unhindered by this "tent" of flesh. I've had a foretaste of His Presence and I long to be there forever, not just for the moments I've experienced! I look forward to finally being where I'm meant to be, living what He has prepared for me...free at last! I don't fear death...it lost its' sting when Jesus rose from the grave!

V8...We are absent from the body, but at HOME with the Lord. Our spirit leaves this "tent" and we are immediately in His Presence.

Our spirit is with the Lord, awaiting our resurrection bodies.

If you mean the Rapture or Translation, Jesus will descend from Heaven with the  blast of the Trumpet of God (The fulfillment of the Feast of Trumpets where 100 trumpet sounds, and the rapture trumpet is the last on the 100 blasts) and the dead in Christ shall rise. Those who are alive at the time of the Rapture will rise simultaneously with the resurrected dead in Christ to meet in the air...to go to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

If you are referring to Jesus' 2nd Coming when His feet touch the Mount of Olives, then we will come back with Him for 1,000 years.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death?

Greatly

There are two strong beliefs in the Christian community, one being that they enter into heaven. The other being that the spirit returns unto the Lord and the Christian sleep (is dead) until the first resurrection.

Using the text from the lesson: “14b Through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep (those that are dead). 15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will (the text used states will, not already has) rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, RSV)

I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist, nor does the belief concerning the state of the dead have an impact on eternal salvation, with a sincere heart my prayers are to those that maybe divided concerning is to not allow the difference obscure the truth. That truth being the essence of the Gospel by grace thru faith our being with the Lord now, our being with the Lord then hangs on BELIEF in Him! John 3:16

We shall be changed, we will have new bodies (celestial bodies).

Q2.

(2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death?

Knowing that we are going to receive in twinkling a glorified body, should make us all stand up and shout (Come Quickly Lord). This is going to be worth it all, a perfect body, just as God intended, until the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. They had anything they wanted and was and was deceived into the fall, God never intended for man to fall, but He did. Beware of the ones that are deceiving millions, out there people. There will be no sin in heaven, that is the bottom line and not one jot or tittle, will be permitted. Make sure you know what you are reading from is truth.

What do Christians believe happens when we die? Most Christians that I talk to say that when you die, your spirit goes to hell or heaven, and when the bride is call home the graves will give up the remains, where they are, they will be united with there spirit, to be judged. The saints will receive a glorified body, because this natural body cannot stand in the presence of God.

What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? Our spirit will leave us and wait either in heaven or hell to be united with the body, to be judged accordingly. There only one final judge and the books will be open and judged before all.

What will happen to us when Christ returns? After the 7 years of tribulation, the bride of Christ will return with Christ to rule and reign this world for a thousand years. The Temple will be the center of this earth and Jesus will be on that throne.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8-Therefore we are always full of courage, and we know that as long as we are alive here on earth we are absent from the Lord – 5:7 for we live by faith, not by sight. 5:8 Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord)

Answer:

1.How do Paul’s words comfort you when you consider your death?

Very Encouraging,and free us from the fear of death,..in fact we don't put emphasis on death but on the hope,in the promises of God of eternal life..

2.What do Christians believe happens when we die?

That our born again Spirit be together with the Lord in heaven,in paradise...if Jesus can promise this to the thief who just repented,then how much more,to the born again believers?

Luke 23:43-And Jesus said to him,'I TELL YOU THE TRUTH,TODAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE."

look at the word today...Before He died physically He is already with God in Paradise......and so are you....,and I.

3.What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns?

Our Born again Spirit,and Soul will be with the Lord,in heaven.

4.What will happen to us when Christ returns?

We will be transformed in a flash..to our glorified body,our Born again Spirit finally united with our Glorified body..

When I consider my death the words of Paul comfort me in that, if I die as a true believer I will immediately go to God and be with Him until the day of the resurrection. This is really comforting and makes one wait with eagerness.

When we die, Christians believe that, our spirits go immmediately to God.

If we die before Christ returns, our spirits will go to God and their will wait till the day of resurrection.

When Christ returns we shall be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul's words comfort you when you consider your death?

A sense of security and confidence becomes ours to harness. Before I come to the LORD and make Him as my personal Savior, death is something that I do not want to be part of. It is a very scary event for me. It makes me think of how am I supposed to stand up in front of the LORD and justify for all those bad things I have done throughout my entire life. But after accepting our LORD JESUS CHRIST as my personal Savior and just letting Him take control of my life and have faith in Him, I am not scared of being dead for I have confidence in Him. I can confidently be like Simeon in Luke 2:25-32

"25Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. 26And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. 27And he came in the Spirit into the temple, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the Law, 28he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said,

29 “Lord, now you are letting your servantd depart in peace,

according to your word;

30 for my eyes have seen your salvation

31 that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples,

32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,

and for glory to your people Israel.”

What do Christians believe happens when we die? Christians believe that "when you die, your spirit immediately goes to be with God. It is with him that you will enjoy the time between your death and the resurrection."

What will happen to us if we die before Christ returns? When we die in faith, our spirit immediately goes to be with God and start fellowship and worshipping God eternally. Our judgement starts.

What will happen to us when Christ returns? Those of us who died in faith will rise first to meet Christ in the clouds when He returns. And those who are still living who have faith in Christ, will follow.

When I die I will go to be with the Lord, which is better by far, that is very comforting and takes the fear out of death. I we die before Christ returns our spirit and soul go to heaven, when Christ returns our spirit and souls will be reunited with our resurrected, glorified bodies.

To live is Christ and to die is gain. When Christians die they go straight to be with Jesus before He returns. And when He returns we get to get our glorified resurrection bodies!

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8) How do Paul's words comfort you when you consider your death?

It is great comfort to me for no longer is death terror to me, I see it now as my gain, for I will be with my Messiah, my Bridegroom.

I believe my spirit will be present with the LORD.

Our bodies will return to the earth, but our spirits will be with the LORD.

If Christ returns before my death, my body will not experience that of dying, but I as well as all those who remain in faith, will be changed in a twinkling of an eye. Just as the Messiah was raised in a glourious body and He walked, talked, and ate with his deciples. :)