JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Bearing Sin, Offering Righteousness

• 2 months later...

In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf? God made Him sin to free us from our sins.

In what sense do we “become righteousness”? When Jesus bore our sins, he exchanged His righeousness in place of our sins. We did NOT earn it; God gave it.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf?

He was the sin-offering that was acceptable to God, the sins of mankind were transferred unto him, laid upon him, and placed to His account, Jesus became the bearer of sin. His being the sacrifice for sin, none of which He committed, He does so on our behalf. The wages of sin is death, Jesus chose to stand in the place of the guilty that our sins could be atoned for. By this act the law was satisfied, as we are united in Christ we receive forgiveness of sin and are accounted righteous.

In what sense do we “become righteousness”?

We readied as the righteousness of God when we are in Him (in Christ), as we are united in Christ, as we believe in and upon Jesus. We are accepted as righteous, and treated as righteous by God because of the price that Jesus paid on our behalf. We become in right standing before His eyes, we are justified, our sins are not held against us. As we are IN Christ it is just as we did not sin; we are justified through the shedding of His blood, and we are sanctification through adherence of His Spirit. In that sense we become the righteousness of God.

God made Him to be...It is all along the Plan of Heavenly Father,to sacrifice His Son,in behalf of mankind,to destroy Sin,and Death which Adam has brought to man when He surrender His authority and Kingship to satan in the Garden.

Galatians 4:4-5-But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Jesus becomes our substitute,He gives us His Righteousness...We give Him our Sinful Nature..

God must punish the Sins of the World(Man) for Him to become a God who renders justice..and by Sending Jesus as 100 percent man,..(Gal 4:4),Jesus suffers the pain and agony of the cross as human being,as mortal,and redeemed mankind as 100 percent God through His death and resurrection.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf?

Jesus died on the Cross as the representative of all believers; He, who was sinless, bore the penalty of our sins and took our place. Only the blood of Christ, that is His death, was able to take away sins. We are covered by His blood and God sees us as righteous, that is fully acceptable to Him. This reminds me of the words “Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all”.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf? In what sense do we “become righteousness”?

Jesus became sin on our behalf in that God made Jesus to be sin and all our sins were put on Him and He became the Paschal Lamb, the final perfect sacrifice for the atonement of sin. Anyone who believes in Him has their sin taken away.

Our righteousness comes through the sacrifice of Jesus. In faith, we believe that our sins are taken away and that we no longer bear our sins. Jesus took them on Himself. So, it is not through our actions, for we could never follow the law in perfection, but only through Jesus can we claim we are righteous in the sight of God. He sees us through Jesus' sacrifice and covered by His blood and our sins are no more. Not that we don't sin in our human state, or we shouldn't turn to God for forgiveness of our sin just as we would go to any loving Father because we love Him in return, but our sins are forgiven and taken from us through Jesus. His mercies are new every morning.

Victory in Jesus My Savior forever!

He sought me and bought me,

With His redeeming blood.

He loved me 'nere I knew Him,

And all my love is due Him,

He plunged me to victory,

Beneath the cleansing flood.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

In what sense did Jesus "become sin" on our behalf?

Jesus "became sin" on our behalf in the sense that, although He was sinless, He became a bearer of our sins.

In what sense do we "become righteousness" ?

We "become righteousness" in the sense that, when Jesus took our sins upon him, we take upon us his righteousness which comes from God.

Jesus was sinless; He took our sins on Himself and died to make the payment of our sins which should have been our death.

We become clean in God's eyes because of what Jesus did for us. Through Him, God accepts us. We are reconciled.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf? In what sense do we “become righteousness”?

Jesus who was sinless took on Himself our sin when He paid the price for our sin and when we accepted His sacrifice for us as the only way to God we (who had no righteousness) took on ourselves His righteousness. It was a free gift from God and it was accomplished wholly by God.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

It's the greatest miracle ever performed...unfathomable! He, Jesus, Who knew NO sin, took all of the wrath of God toward mankind's sin, upon Himself. He literally hung there with every sin ever committed or to be committed in future, upon His body, so that we will never again experience the wrath or anger of our Father! The perfect sacrifice!

It was the GREAT EXCHANGE...He took my sin and unrighteousness and in return when I became His child through conversion, He gave me His righteousness! When I try to put it into words, I'm almost speechless....Praise You Lord for Your faithfulness and Your love for me...us!

When Jesus drink that cup he become sin on our behalf,

By faith. Rom 1 v 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf? In what sense do we “become righteousness”It is a hard concept for our fleshly minds to wrap itself around...Looking at sin from a secular perspective,we as humans MIGHT carry our own heavy load and maybe help a loved 1/friend carry theirs BUT help someone that hates us is out of the question...Well JESUS who had no personal heavy load/sin carried mine(which breaks my back)and EVERYONE that came before me existed with me and will come after me(billions of people)to the cross...As each one on their personal Christian walk with JESUS learns to carry heavy loads for people we wouldnt while in the flesh/secular world allows us to"STRIVE" for righteousness...GOD BLESS

True intercession means you take someone's place to protect him by taking the problems upon yourself.

Ezechiel 22:30 "And I sought for a man among themwho should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none."

Jesus died for us, so we don't have to die the second death, hell.

He took our sins, so we don't have them anymore, and become righteous.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf? Under the old mosaic law, blood sacrifices were made to atone for sins. Whether cattle or doves or sheep. Jesus was our blood sacrifice, given by God, but willingly dying for us. This enabled us to atone and be forgiven for our sins. All thru Christ and His love for us.

In what sense do we “become righteousness”? We now have a new covenent. When we truly repent of our sins, pray for forgiveness, we can be forgiven our sins, and thru Christ, become righteous, sin free in a right faith in Gods son

The Old Testament Jews used a lamb to sacrifice to God to take away their sins. This was a precursor or a poor substitute for Jesus' crucifixion on the cross and resurrection. Jesus became the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world by allowing God to place all the sins of the world past, present, and future on Him, a perfect man, and dying on a cross as a sacrifice to God for all of us. We become righteous by embracing what Jesus did for us and accepting His gift of salvation. He did it all for us; we couldn't do anything to get ourselves to heaven. Our sins are covered by the blood of Jesus and it's only by God's grace that us sinners can enter heaven through what Jesus did for us on the cross.

WHEN WE GAVE OUR LIVES TO CHRIST WE MADE A TRADE OUR SIN FOR HIS GOODNESS. OUR SIN WAS POURED INTO CHRIST AT HIS CRUCIFIXION.. HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS POUR INTO US AT OUR CONVERSION. THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS BY CHRIST ATONEMENT FOR SIN.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus "become sin" on our behalf?

God made Him to be sin to represent us because we are human and we are weak. We won't be able to stand up to satan on his terms, but Jesus Christ can and He has conguered satan. Aleluia. Praise God for all eternity.

In what sense do we "become righteousness" ?

"... be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ --the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith." (Philippians 3:9)

In what sense did Jesus “become sin” on our behalf? In what sense do we “become righteousness”?

Jesus,who was sinless, bore the penalty of our sin . He took our place so we didn't have to die and because Jesus took upon HIm our sin, we were able to take upon us His righteousness which comes from God.

The sin of all mankind was laid on Jesus. He who was blameless took our sin upon Himself. It was like a transferral; He, the spotless Lamb took all of our lies, stealing, sexual sins, murder, unforgiveness, etc on Himself at the Cross and in exchange gave us His righteousness. He poured out all that He was as He became all that we are so that by His death the price for sin for all mankind would be paid.

We have Jesus' righteousness for we cannot be righteous on our own. When He died He excahnged our sins for His righteousness. We just need to accept His free gift of salvation and we will have this righteousness from God.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:21) In what sense did Jesus "become sin" on our behalf?

Jesus "became sin" on behalf of the entire world as he took on himself our "SIN".

In what sense do we "become righteousness"?

We become righteousness through our "faith" in God and in the Mercy He sent, His Son.

Abraham believed God and he was considered "righteous", Abraham's "faith", his "righteousness", was revealed through his obedience to God.

Our "righteousness" is received through "faith", and our "righteousness" is revealed through our obedience to God, the reconciliation has opened our eyes to the wonders of God's laws, Christ has written God's laws on our hearts, this is why our "righteousness" will reveal the ministry of reconciliation to the world, it will be seen in our works of obedience, as we do as Jesus teaches us in (Mat. 5:16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. :)

The Father laid all the sins of the world upon Jesus, so he who had never sinned became sin as an atoning sacrifice for us. Because of this atoning sacrifice and the innocence of Jesus the Lamb of God, we are able to become the righteousness of Christ in God. It is the divine exchange made at the cross, the wisdom of God. Thank you Jesus!

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus took our sins on Himself, nailed them on the cross and also imparted His righteousness on us that we may be acceptable to God ie to be reconciled to God.

He replaced us who sinned and suffered under our penalty.

We are free and have no more charges before God .