JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Crucified with Christ

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been “crucified with Christ”? What does that mean? In what sense do “I no longer live”? Whose life now motivates us? How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation” (Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ’s attitude toward us?

• 5 weeks later...

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been “crucified with Christ”? What does that mean? In what sense do “I no longer live”? Whose life now motivates us? How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation” (Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ’s attitude toward us?

I accepted Christ and entered into a relationship with him-this is when I was "crucified with Christ" and his way overrid my ways of living. God motivates me each day because I am a new creation of infinate worth.

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been "crucified with Christ"? Baptism; going down in the water & being raised.

What does that mean? In what sense do "I no longer live"? Once we accept Christ, we die to ourselves

Whose life now motivates us? Christ

How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15)? We are born again and are living by the Spirit, not the flesh.

What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ's attitude toward us? He did it all so we would not have to.

We have been crucified with Christ--our old man--slave to sin--has been replaced by the new man!

I--my old man--has died I now live by Christ--a new man--and am indwelt by His Spirit!

Jesus paid it all--No need to have to do something else to try to earn salvation.

He loves me. He lives in me. I just need to live by faith!!

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been "crucified with Christ"?

The wages of sin is death, God's laws reveals to us what sin is, sin is disobedience to God's precepts, the "good news" is, we who have been "crucified" with Christ, those wages were paid in full when “Grace” came down, and the "God of Israel" sent His Son.

What does that mean?

It means, we who have been “crucified with Christ" are now no longer under the law, perversion of the law that turns God's precepts into a heavy Yoke, however, we who have been "crucified with Christ” have found God's laws now not to be a heavy yoke, we find it is easy and we find we are now hungering and thirsting after God's precepts, to love and please him for sending to us, His Son. -

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

In what sense do "I no longer live"?

The sense that "I no longer live" is revealed in the fact that I no longer walk in the precepts of "sin" – sin that held me in its grip - Christ’s righteousness has saved me from sins hold.

"I no longer live" because I have new desires, a new creature is coming alive.

"I no longer live" because I now am hungering after God's precepts, to follow and obey them.

“I no longer live” because the grace of God is calling me unto that of righteousness.

Whose life now motivates us?

Christ living in me is my motivation.

How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15)?

It relates to the fact that we Gentile's have been circumcised spiritually since it was done not with hands but through the Messiah, he has stripped away the foreskin, the old natures control, and now we can rule over it, it does not mean that spiritual circumcision has replaced the physical circumcision for the Jewish believers, it means, the Gentile Christians are full members of God's people because Christ is living in them.

What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ's attitude toward us?

Christ's attitude toward us is seen in His love, when Christ was executed on the stake as a criminal, so was I.

I was the one found guilty, and yet He paid "my price" and grace set me free, how good it feels to be set free from that guilty verdict, to be set free from the old nature, with its evil desires, my "faith" in the Son of God is what holds me in his grace, and the debt I feel on my heart is the debt of “love” – It feels so good. :)

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been "crucified with Christ"? What does that mean? In what sense do "I no longer live"? Whose life now motivates us? How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ's attitude toward us?

We have been crucified with Christ in the sense that we have died to ourselves, to sin, to living like we once did when we did not know God. I no longer live from my own desires, my own cravings, my own philosophy or by the precepts of the world. I live through the Spirit of Christ living in me. He gives me desires, cravings according to God's will in my life, I live according to the precepts of the Word. The life of Christ now motivates us. This verse relates to the new creation comment, in that he says that whether we are from the law or from outside the law, what matters is salvation through faith and living the new life afterwards. Here after being crucified, Jesus lives again-a new life. We too have that new life, leaving behind old ways. This verse teaches us that what Jesus for us, he did so willingly, out of great love for us.

In what sense have we been "crucified with Christ"?

Romans 6 in context affirms what is said here, Romans 6:6-18 paints a clearer picture so to speak. We are to surrender to Him, to unit with Him, to surrender all our efforts to His work. " I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live" we just as Paul acknowledged cannot save ourselves, we are crucified as we adhere to this truth. The Law does not save, that was never it's intent. Not only are we JUSTIFIED / FORGIVEN of past sins through Christ work on the cross, He also through this act fulfilled the acceptable requirement. Thus for those whom believed if the faith of Jesus the Christ the requirements that were a shadow are no longer required.

Justification includes two elements, pardon, forgiven of our past sins, and the new-birth experience in which we are transformed by the Holy Spirit. When we are justified, we die to The Law in the sense that we are no longer under its condemnation, nor are we misusing it as the means of righteousness and salvation.

What does that mean?

As we are in Christ Jesus we, nor anyone on our behalf are required or asked to performs physical acts for forgiveness. Hebrews 7:27; 9:28; 10:10.

Paul as should we now lives by and through this truth. He nor should we perform any of the Ceremonial Laws physically or cut away flesh physically in hopes to identify with Christ. Jesus' work on the cross satisfies any ceremonial requirement we are to live differently having this knowledge. Being pardoned, forgiven we are to live a justified by faith, on the righteousness of Christ. Daily moment by moment our desire should be to live in the process of sanctification by the quickening influences of the Holy Spirit. We are to walk /live in newness of life.

Jesus

How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15 " We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,")?

Man's spiritual birth has a greater value than his physical, God has always desired circumcision of the heart, He provided the Ceremonial Laws as a shadow, it was never given to replace the real purpose.

He loved us, His creation and He loves us! He wants to be in close relationship with us.

It means we don't have to try to get salvation by keeping the law anymore.

In this sense, we're dead to sin and to the effects of sin (i.e. hell).

See also Romans 6:1-14.

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been “crucified with Christ”? What does that mean?

When I received Christ as my Savior and Lord, the mystery hidden through the ages since Adam fell, is that Christ lives in me, the hope of Glory. His crucifixion was for me...He took my place and received the wrath of God poured out for my sins. In that sense, I "was crucified with Christ", because I have chosen Him. (In response to Him choosing me)

In what sense do “I no longer live”? Whose life now motivates us?

He lives in me, and I've surrendered my life and will to Him, so I no longer live, but He lives through me and motivates and moves me.

How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation” (Galatians 6:15)?

Since it's His gift of GRACE that saves me, I am a new Creature in Him, and am no longer under bondage to the Law. He paid the price by fulfilling every "jot and tittle" of the law, so that I can now live in grace and freedom from guilt, and works of the flesh.

What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ’s attitude toward us?

When I take Communion, each time, I'm moved to tears when I remember that on the night He was betrayed, He took bread, representing His body, and gave thanks that He was going to be broken and His blood would be shed for me! That love is so amazing that it's difficult to put into words. He loved me so much as He looked into the future and saw me, that He was willing to suffer, die, and be buried, knowing that when He rose, I would be His bride!

When Christ was sent by God to live and walk in human form He was sent for one reason, that reason was to be our savior, by grace. God's only son was his gift to all of mankind. Christ dying on the cross sealed a new covenant between God and his people.The new covenant released all of humankind from the bondage of the law.The terms God set forth in his new covenant and sealed with the blood of Christ and sent by grace are simply,: Believe what he says about Jesus Christ, turn from your life of self-reliance and put your confidence totally in Christ to wash you clean of sin, clothe yourself with righteousness. We are adopted by God, we become heirs, part of His family, the household, the Kingdom of God. . When Jesus died on the cross He took all the sins of mankind with Him.

As new Christians we are baptized and accept Jesus as our savior (for me it was by means of full water immersion baptism, for others it is different) But the meaning must always be the same. As people we have come to the conclusion that we want to know Christ, we seek revelation, we seek redemption and sanctification. When I was baptized I died at the bottom of the lake .I was not "re' born when I came up from the water. I was BORN for the very first time as a new creation in Christ, at the bottom of the brook I experienced spiritual death, death along with the death of Christ on the cross and all my sins,forgiven as Christ and I took our last breath together. When I immersed from the water I felt the Holy Spirit ( the breath of God breathing new life into me through His Holy Spirit). It was the most amazing thing that ever happen to me.I literally felt the Spirit enter me. I was a baby in the arms of Christ. God breathed life into me and set forth a new creation. My life began on that day. I started off a baby, new from the womb, grow daily and continue to grow always in my relationship to Christ. My former life dead for all of time. Forgiven by grace. A new beginning .I am set free by the blood of Christ!

When Christ died on the cross He took with Him all the sins of mankind. He provided a way out for man of sinful life and a way to receive eternal life through his death. All we have to do is accept him and receive His love. That's it. We do not have to live by 'law'. That does not mean we are exempt from the law of the land. That means we are not required to live by any religious law. What is required by us as the heirs to the Kingdom of God is that we give love,Love one another, forgive others, confess our sins, repent, and ask for redemption,seek purification. Through Gods Holy Spirit we are sanctified and redeemed.

We do not have to adhere to customs such as circumcision or food laws or any religious laws to be adopted into God's Kingdom. What is important to God is that we love him and we love one another, that we forgive as his son forgave on the cross. That we seek redemption and ask for forgiveness of our sins, these are all matter of our heart. God wants our hearts, he doesn't care about our customs and rituals.

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been “crucified with Christ”?

All of us who are baptized into Christ Jesus are baptized into his death.

What does that mean?

We were buried with him through baptism into death.

In what sense do “I no longer live”?

The Spirit of Christ lives in me and controls my life.

Jesus Christ.

How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation” (Galatians 6:15)?

Just as Jesus was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we can live a new life if we

have been united with him like this in his death, we will also be united with him in his resurrection.

Jesus willing gave Himsel for us becuase of His love for us.

When Jesus Christ drink that cup, in that cup it was my sins, sorrow, rebellious, disobedience. the purpose of the crucification it was to end that sinfull life.

What does that mean?

We are dead to the life that we are born with. and we are alive in Christ

In what sense do “I no longer live”?

The life that i used to live (the sinful life) is dead, is crucufied with Christ. No longer i live

JESUS CHRIST

How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation”

We live the life of CHRIST.

(Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ’s attitude toward us?

We are to follow His steps

Q5. (Galatians 2:20)

What does that mean?

How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15)?

An amazing change takes place. By being crucified with Christ we are united to Christ in His sin-bearing death, our sinful past has been blotted out. As we read in 2 Cor 5:17, ‘old things are passed away, and ‘all things are become new.’ Once we have been united with Christ in His death, our old life is finished. We are a new creation. It is Christ who lives in us, giving us new desires for holiness, and for also God. We can sin again but we will not want to. Everything has changed. Christ’s attitude toward us changes as well – we are no longer sinners in His sight. We can truly say ‘it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.’

Christ died in our place. When we identify with him in faith, we die to self and live for Him. We become increasingly motivated by the indwelling Holy Spirit and determine to become more and more Christ-like in our thoughts and actions. We are changed from the inside out and become a new creation. Christ’s love for me is demonstrated by His willingness to sacrifice His life in my place. He died so that I might live… Praise God!

Our old self has been put to death through Jesus on the cross. He took our sins upon Himself and offered a living sacrifice of His own blood to atone for our sin. When we are baptized, we symbolically show that we believe that we accept our faith in Jesus and that we die with Christ and are cleansed of our sins when we are immersed in the water. When we come up from the water (and the cleansing) we show we believe we are a new being, cleansed from sin, alive with Christ in us. Of course, this is symbolically done in different forms of baptism, sprinkling of water etc. but the meaning is the same. We no longer live as our old selves, ruled by our flesh, we live as Christ would live because Christ lives in us. His life now motivates us. The Holy Spirit now guides us into living out truth in our lives. We really don't want old sin in our lives anymore. Being a new creation means a transformation from what is old to something new. Our lives are change forever! No longer are we slaves to sin, but can overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit! Verse 6:15 states that "Neither circumcision nor un-circumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation." Paul is saying that all the outward show of religiously following any traditional law means nothing now. Even the opposite! Even if one "doesn't" follow traditional law! It is the changing of our hearts that counts. It is Christ in us and our new life living in Him. Verse 2:20 shows us that Christ's attitude towards us is one of love. A love so great that He gave Himself as a sacrifice for us so we can live and be accepted through His death. Amazing grace! And Paul states he refuses to set aside this grace for if righteousness could be gained through the law...then Christ died for nothing. A serious truth for us today to consider if we are ever thinking we earn anything or are good enough to deserve it!

Q%(Galatians 2:20)

In what sense have we been "Crucified with christ" ?

We Crucified our old sinful life with christ and enter to a new life when we were born again from the spirit of the Lord.

What does that mean? it is mean,Now the Lord lives in us, and not our sinful life, and He is in control of our life.

In what sense do "I not Longer Live"?

The older sinful no longer lives.But the Lord through his spirit able me to Walk in spirit ,and not in the flesh.

Whose life now Motivates us ?

The Life of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "New Creation " (Galatians 6:15)?

Every one who comes to believe in the LORD JESUS CHRIST as his LORD & SAVIOR he became New Creation, no matter what was his background believes, JEWS or Gentiles, You can not boast in any works of the flesh.but walking in the spirit of the LORD....he was talking to the Jews and said to them that circumcision nor uncircumcion avails anything for them , Now the Life in christ it is important thing for them, it is a New Creation. Depending only upon the Grace of the LORD, not through the Works of the LAW.

What does Galatians 2:20 Teach about Christ's attitude Toward us?

The Lord Loved us so much( from him to us that He payed the penalty of our sins, that is death) and died for us, and when we accept this offering, it is a free Gift, then We put our old sinful life in him by faith( Crucified our sinful life) and Walk in spirit. and we are now New creation

(Therefore, if anyone is in christ, he is a NEW CREATION. old things have passed away, behold, ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW...2 Corinthians 5:17)......

My flesh has been nailed to the cross and is now dead, I now live by the spirit.

What does that mean? In what sense do “I no longer live”?

It means that the flesh no longer rules me...My spirit in line with the Holy Spirit deposited within by Christ now live and rule my life.

Whose life now motivates us? How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation” (Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ’s attitude toward us?

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. Jesus so loved his father that he submitted even unto the cross for us. He loved me and sacrified himself for my sins that I might live. Is their any greater love? I now strive to fight the good fight like the apostle Paul and die to self daily that I might live as Christ.

Q5. (Galatians 2:20)

We have been "crucified with Christ" in our baptism.

What does that mean?

That means that, baptism is the symbol of our union with Christ, our being joined to Christ. What he experienced, we experienced with him. He was crucified; we were crucified.

"I no longer live" means that, I do not any more follow the legalistic stand.

Is the life of Jesus that motivates us.

This verse relates to Paul's closing commments about the "new creation" in that they both are dealing with the issue of "law" and "faith in Jesus".

About Christ's attitude toward us, Galatians 2:20 teaches us that, Jesus loves us to the extent that, he gave himself to die for us so that we can be saved.

Q5. (Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been "crucified with Christ"? What does that mean? In what sense do "I no longer live"? Whose life now motivates us? How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ's attitude toward us?

I "have been crucified with Christ" means that by Christ's death and resurrection, I put my faith in Him and my sins were crucified along with Him on the cross. The law was also crucified or the requirement of the law for salvation was crucified and I therefore no longer live by works but by faith and grace that gave me new life.

I now live by the power of His Spirit who lives in me and guides/ leads me in both my spiritual walk with Him and also my physical activities.

As a convert, the Spirit of God given to us makes new creation thus helping us to live a new life og righteousness while our old nature dies.

The attitute of Christ in Gal 2.20 is that of love demonstrated by giving Himself up and dying for us that we may live etrnally

We have been “crucified with Christ in the sense that our old self has been buried with Him and

the new self came through His resurrection.

What does that mean? In what sense do “I no longer live”?

I no longer live means that I gave up my right to steer my life, instead I turn it over to God, my Father.

We are motivated by the life of Christ.

The "new creation" does not come about by circumcision, rather it comes by faith in our Lord.

Galatians 2:20 teaches us that it is by faith in Christ that we can live in the flesh after salvation.

5. a.& b. By going through the waters of baptism we identify ourselves with Christ in his death.

c. Our old self was crucified with Christ that the body of sin might be destroyed. I am no longer controlled by my sinful nature, but by the Spirit of God living in me.

d. I am motivated by Christ's Spirit lilving in me.

e. It's not by being circumcised or uncircumcised that counts, it is a new creature. I am a new creation. Christ lives in me.

f. Jesus loved me and gave himself for me. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son; that whosoever believe's in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Qt 5 - Cuando aceptamos la obra de Jesús su sacrificio estamos decidiendo ser su discípulo y uno con él. El bautismo significa una unión con él en su muerte y su resurrección. Si estamos en él. No siguimos viviendo El debe vivir por nosotros. Es un entrecambio de vidas. Hoy en día queremos este cambio sin cambio. No es posible. Si el está en nosotros hay evidencias de esta realidad. ¿Qué muestra en nuestras vidas que Jesús vive en nosotros? Estoy muy agradecido que Cristo nos ama y mostró su amor cuando éramos pecadores y viles en vez de ser una nueva creación. También él derrama su gracia sobre nosotros.

In what sense have we been “crucified with Christ”? What does that mean? In what sense do “I no longer live”? Whose life now motivates us? How does this verse relate to Paul’s closing comments about the “new creation” (Galatians 6:15)? What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ’s attitude toward us?

We have been crucified with Christ in the sense that thru baptism our old life died with him and new life began. By baptism, we identify ourselves with His death and the old self no longer live in me. Christ's life motivates us. Christ loved us and gave His life for us.

It is not possible for us to get cleaned up enough before we approach Christ to "discuss" our salvation. We must come as we are. Christ's love for us, a very sinfull creature, was so great that He willingly gave himself to face the punishment for sin. Our spirit was raised from the dead to be with Christ. Thus being born again we are a new creation. "I" no longer live-"I" being self-centered I can do it on my own. I was born defective, sinfull man. The only way that defect can be fixed is Christ. To trust and obey is the motivational force to free us from the bondage of sin.

(Galatians 2:20) In what sense have we been "crucified with Christ"? We died with him (demonstrated through baptism being submersed in water).

What does that mean? This means the sinful nature, the flesh, died, and we arose to a new life. It does not mean that we will no longer sin. It just means that we are no longer slaves to sin. There is power over our sinful nature.

In what sense do "I no longer live"? Our will and our former lives. I'm no longer the boss of my life. I've turned it over to Christ.

Whose life now motivates us? Christ living within us. We have the Holy Spirit.

How does this verse relate to Paul's closing comments about the "new creation" (Galatians 6:15)? Christ has united us all. There is neither Jew nor Genile or male and female. Christ's death united us all. We are all one under Him.

What does Galatians 2:20 teach about Christ's attitude toward us? He loved us enough to WILLINGLY go to the cross. Hallelujah!!! Even when I was an enemy, stinking with sin and ungodliness. He died for me. Wow!