JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Doing Good

• 1 month later...

I think we grow weary because of human nature - and sometimes not reaping - but God's promise in Paul is that we will reap if we do not give up.

That last one is a good question. The only good answer I have is because the Bible says, "Especially to those who are of the household of faith - do good when opportunity arises " (my paraphrase)

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. (Galatians 6:9-10) Why do we tend to become weary living out our faith?

We tend to become weary living out our faith when the motivation and enthusiasm is spent, when we seek glory for the work we do and are not commended by others.

What promise does Paul give us in 6:9 to forestall this weariness?

Paul promises that at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Why should our "doing good" begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians?

Our "doing good" begin with our spiritual family, because it is our first responsibility.

Q3. (Galatians 6:9-10) Why do we tend to become weary living out our faith? We watch others apppearing to reap a harvest in the flesh, while in many cases we are doing good and appear to be reaping nothing.

What promise does Paul give us in 6:9 to forestall this weariness? Our reward will come in God's time.

Why should our "doing good" begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians? It is a fruit of the Spirit; family first.

We tend to get weary living out our faith when we are doing it under our own power. Sometimes we take on more than we should--our families suffer & so do we. Sometimes we need to ask ourseves what is the motivation for what we're doing....

At the proper time we'll reap a harvest if we don't give up.

We need to support one another, encourage each other & help each other grow to be able to reach out to the non-Christians.

For me It isn't living out my faith that makes me weary, I become weary when I see all the sin, and the needs of the people around me and in the world.

Weariness comes to my heart because I cannot help all people, and there are so many people I want to encourage, but they do not want to hear or talk about God, this is very wearisome to me.

What forestalls this weariness is wanting to one day in due season hear God say, "Well done good and faithful servant".

Sometimes become physically exhausted but most of the time because we do not see any tangible reward

We will be rewarded in the future if we do not give up'

Why should our “doing good” begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians?

In order to help those in need who can then continuing to help others.This help to bulid a stronger unit bwho can continue God's work.

Q3. (Galatians 6:9-10)

Why do we tend to become weary living out our faith?

We tend to become weary living out of faith because we don't believe that a man will reap what he sows.

To forestall this weariness, Paul, in 6:9, promises us God's reward for our faithfulness.

Why should our "doing good" begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians?

Our "doing good" should begin with our spiritual family,not with the non-Christians because spiritual family members have a responsibility first to one another, to meet each other's needs. Then if there is something left, they can help those outside the family, the non-Christians.

Some Christians in this good fight of faith resemble George Foreman in his fight with Ali. He fought offensively with GREAT intensity, but unfortunately he over exerted himself, whereby when it was time to defend himself he couldn't. Some become frustrated when they do not see good as they interpret good occurring, when they don't see positive from their efforts. Some desire to plant the seed of faith, water the seed of faith and also get the increase. Some become frustrated when they observe others living none-Christian lives getting what they perceive wonderful in life (somewhat as seen in Psalms 73 and 94), and as they experience what they see as misfortune even though they are faithful, some say what's the point in holding on. Some as they do not see their prayers being answered in the manner they prayed they lose sight to weariness. Doctrines not aligning with the Word or character of God undermine and destroy faith, causing weariness or worse defection. Lastly, we tend to get weary because were yet struggle to do as we desire to do, because yielding to the Spirit doesn't permit me to do as I want to do when I want to do it.

In due season, in God's time the Christian that faints not will receive the harvest that's God's provide. The fruit of faithfulness shall yield appropriate fruits be they on this side of heaven and or on the other side of heaven.

Doing so can strengthen, encourage, edify and build up. Doing so can draw the family closer and also ignite / excite / encourage members to do likewise. Additionally it can encourage the members to do good to all people, those outside our spiritual family and as the Spirit draws they to can become a part of the spiritual family.

Q3. (Galatians 6:9-10) Why do we tend to become weary living out our faith? What promise does Paul give us in 6:9 to forestall this weariness? Why should our “doing good” begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians?

After a while, we lose our enthousiasm, because it's not new anymore, becomes a habit, etc.

Paul warns for this, and tells us to stay active!

In Revelations we get a warning too not to lose our first love; that's also about this.

Doing good has to start with your congregation, not because of egoism, but because of first responsability.

You need to have a healthy and strong congregation to survive the evil in this world.

If there's something left, you can help other people outside.

Living in a constant war zone is exhausting! We grow battle weary, suffer occasional defeats, and almost constant opposition from our enemy. Many don't even realize we have an enemy or that we are in a spiritual war...those get beat up even more badly because they don't resist or do battle. Much of life is spent WAITING...and waiting is wearying, especially during long years as the Lord works invisibly...this too is a battle of surrendering the will to His perfect will and timing.

The promise that we will reap a harvest at the appointed and right time.

Why should our “doing good” begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians?

Because we are in the battle zone together and are the only ones who will encourage, support and lift one another up in prayer!

Q3. (Galatians 6:9-10) Why do we tend to become weary living out our faith? What promise does Paul give us in 6:9 to forestall this weariness? Why should our “doing good” begin with our spiritual family, not with the non-Christians?

We become weary because we give so much of ourselves like a drink offering and sometimes that can go on with no encouragement or with no apparent results. We weary because we long to see some fruit from our labors but none seems to come. This is tiring and discouraging. We can become so tired, that we lose hope altogether and start looking around at the evil that the world is rewarding and that's a dangerous place to get to. We can become bitter to the point of dropping out.

What does Paul promise in 6:9? That in due time we will reap a harvest.

Why start with the family of God? Because we need to be unified and strengthened together. Doing good to each other keeps our focus off self and on to others and it gives us a chance to practice the fruit of really giving to each other....not just some always taking and some always giving. Also, it's a good witness to unbelievers when they see Christians actually getting along. We show we truly care for each other.

I tried to reply to Lion of Grace - but it said I had reached my quota for positive feedback.or something to that effect :) I thought wish I always used my quota for positive feedback in my daily life! Not exactly the common problem for us believers...

I like what Lion of Grace said - because Jesus said that by our love shall all men know that we have love one to another.

So it must be one of the reasons why we start with each other. The world is looking for something that works - a real love - in the midst of

real problems. We should be an oasis, not a desert.

Q3. (Galatians 6:9-10)

I think in this world we are so used to getting and demanding instant returns that we tend to lose patience and grow weary when we do not see immediate returns for the good deeds we have done. However, Paul promises us that we will be rewarded, perhaps not in this world, but we will receive our reward. God’s timing is most perfect, and He always keeps His promises, so we should trust Him completely, and not grow weary of doing good, but continue and persevere. Because of our limited resources we sometimes are forced to concentrate on helping our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, but if we are able to we will help others as well. We should remember that by doing good, besides bringing comfort or assistance to people, it may lead a sinner to repentance and so to salvation. Jesus Himself spoke of this work as sowing and reaping in Matthew 9:37, ‘Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.’

We get weary because we become impatient. We don't want to wait to see the fruit of our labor. When we don't feel "rewarded" right away, we tend to become weary. We think that we labor in vein, but Paul reminds us none of our good work are in vein and we will reap what we sow at the proper time chosen by God. We must never get tired of doing good. God is a faithful God and keeps all His

promises.

Our spiritual family is our first responsibility, to build up,edify one another. We are all connected, we are the body of Christ, we are the children of God, the brothers and sisters of Christ and one another, we must always support and do good to each others. We must emanate God's love for His family. As God's heirs, we must exemplify the goodness given to us, from our Father God, through His Holy Spirit. We are to be good examples for the non-believer. So that we may draw them into the family of God and make them believers through our example of goodness, kindness and love for one another.

It isn't easy to continually be loving and kind when most of the world is sinful and hateful. We get tired of the "good fight" sometimes to the point of quiting. We shall reap our heavenly reward. A spiritual family strengthens us and holds us accountable along with encouragement where there is no where to go but down in a hole of sin and death otherwise.

Because we are not walking in the Spirit. When we walk in the Spirit we will live Psalm 23. “He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside he still waters, He restores my soul.”

Jesus took time communing with God and His disciples to strengthen Him. Jesus knew His humanity and knew the weaknesses of His flesh needed to be strengthened with the Holy Spirit and with friends who loved and worshiped God, His Father.

“In DUE season we SHALL reap”. When the Father rewards us, it will be according to His timing, not our own impatience.

God is faithful, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him – Hebrews 11:6.

“So that all men shall know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another”. John 13:35. Jesus communed with his inner circle of disciples as well as the Father, giving Him strength to face the cross that was set before Him.

Because this world is opposed to God and His ways and we have constant opposition in walking in the Spirit. While we do this we are a reminder to a sinful world of God and judgement and they do not want to hear.

If we do good and walk in the Spirit we shall eventually reap if we do not lose heart.

They are our family. Let us do good to each other first for we are one in Christ. Let us love and encourage each other while on this pilgrimmage.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

We tend to become weary living out our faith because we don't always believe in the concept of reaping and sowing. We become impatient and give up if we don't see results right away.

The promise paul gives us to forestall weariness is, we will reap a harvest at the proper time if we don't give up. If we perservere and don't give up, then we will eventually see the fruitation of all God's promises,plus we will be rewarded for our faithfulness.

Our "doing good" should begin with our spiritual family because that is our first responsibility. We need to meet the needs of our Christian brothers and sisters first before helping those outside the family.(non believers)

I think that the reason that we become weary living out our faith is because it doesn’t seem like it is making any difference. If we don’t give up then we will reap the harvest.

The reason that “doing good” should begin with our spiritual family is because we need to be supporting each other. When we see others doing good then it makes it easier for us to do good.

I think we weary because as child of God when we pray

we look at a answer right than and when we don't see it

that when we weary, and it also natural for us to weary

this is when we need the spirit to minister to our spirit.

There a lot of people in chruch that is hurting, full of descension

and bickering.

3.a. We become weary because we don't believe what the Apostole Paul says, that "A man reaps what he sows."

b. The promise that Paul gives us is that we will reap if we faint not. That Christ will come and reward us and we will see the fruition of all the promises of God. And that our labor in the Lord is not in vain.

c. Our doing good should begin with our spiritual familhy because it is our first responsibility to meet one another's needs. We are to do good to one another and bring healing to our Christian Community by our love and then to do good wherever and whenever we can.

Galatians 6:9-10 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

In all fairness I am convinced it is because we do not read the scriptures on a daily basis. I tend to have withdrawals myself if I am not somehow in the word everyday, but for people who do not read or study everyday, I don’t know how they survive. Just going to sit in a pew doesn’t do it for me. I would starve all the way to my death if I depended on man to teach me from a pulpit, everything that God wanted me to know to prepare me for living in His kingdom. Also sharing our lifes growth in adventures that He takes us on to build our faith is one of the greatest blessing that we can bestow on others. This shows other folks how they too can have a relationship with a Holy God who cares about His kids.

Love for neighbor means love for enemies and for the unlovable ( Luke 10:30-39, the parable of the Good Samaritan): at John 13:34 Yahushua enjoined His followers ’to love one another as I have loved you.’ Such love only believers can give and receive, since it grows out of having the Holy Spirit. It is in this season of love that we reap and we faint not.

We have to learn to live communally first ‘in’ the love of Christ, through the Law of Christ. We have to learn to bear one another’s burdens with in the body to comfort and encourage it to grow and to cling to Him. Once we have learned this kind of repetition and forbearing we can easily go out into the world and bear the burdens of the harshness that the non-believer lives in.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

• 1 month later...

We tend to become weary living out our faith in the face of adversity or indifference. Paul reminds us that we will reap a harvest in God’s time if we do not give up. If we have a hard time “doing good” for our spiritual family, how can we expect to take our “goodness” to the rest of the world? God intends for all Christians to use their gifts to encourage and build up one another in order to prepare us to take the Cause of Christ beyond the walls of our buildings.