JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (Psalm 51:1-9) It seems that in verses 1-9 David emphasizes God’s mercy, his own sinfulness, and the completeness of God’s hoped for cleansing. Is it healthy to dwell on your own sinfulness? Why or why not? Does a person who has sinned greatly appreciate forgiveness more than one who has not? Why or why not?

• 4 months later...

Psalm 51:1-9

1. No because nothing good dwells from sin. the guilt; of the unhealthy dwelling of sin in our hearts causes suffering to our well being and to others. The dwelling of sin is even more against our heavenly father it is a breach that must be healed at all cost.

We recognize that in life we as believers will constantly have to battle with sin because of our human nature and must confess and acknowledge our sin to God for his mercy.

THE PLEAD FOR GOD'S MERCY (PSALM 51:1-3)

"Have mercy on me, O God,

according to your unfailing love;

according to yout great compassion

blot out my transgressions.

Wash away all my iniquity

and cleanse mefrom my sin"

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 51:1-9) It seems that in verses 1-9 David emphasizes God’s mercy, his own sinfulness, and the completeness of God’s hoped for cleansing. Is it healthy to dwell on your own sinfulness? Why or why not? Does a person who has sinned greatly appreciate forgiveness more than one who has not? Why or why not?

It is healthy for a person to dwell on a sin committed up to the time of repentance. Once he/she has repented and received forgiveness of God there is no need for them to continue dweling on that sin. To continue to dwell on the sin is not accepting the power of God to forgive and His great mercy. There is no sin greater than any other, we should appreciate God's forgiveness ALWAYS.