JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 weeks later...

God can give us a pure heart when we come to the knowledge of knowing Him and walking in His commandments. This will happen when we acknowledge God that we have sinned and repent.A pure heart is a person who does not abide in sin. Who does not uphold inequity

God purify our hearts by renewing our mind with His word. He said sancitfy yourselves by my Word for my Word is the truth.

• 3 months later...

Q2. A Purified Heart (Psalm 51: 10-11)

2. By praying to God for a pure heart and a willing spirit.

"Create in me a pure heart , O God,

and renew a steadfast spirit within me (psalm 51:10)

"and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me", (psalm 51:12

A spirit that longs to save God, a heart that is inclined to him.

Create our heart to be renewed, restored, and transformed

By not taking the Holy Spirit from us.

Granting me experience of God's grace as a renewed motivation to bringing others into the knowledge of the love and mercy of God and to be upheld by God's free spirit.

Q2. (Psalm 51:10-11) In what way can God give us a “pure heart” after great sin? How would you define a pure heart? How does God purify our hearts? How does he purify our minds?

After a great sin God give us a “pure heart” by cleansing us completely through forgiveness. A pure heart is defined by our relationship to man and to God completely in alignment to God's will. God purifies our heart by washing away unrighteous thoughts and desires through the shed blood of Jesus and giving us a heart for righteousness. Our minds are purified as we meditate on the Word of God that He has given to us for right living.

Q2. (Psalm 51:10-11) In what way can God give us a “pure heart” after great sin? How would you define a pure heart? How does God purify our hearts? How does he purify our minds?

I was sexually abused and turned to drugs and alcohol. I became very messed up and continued to compile multiple sins head over heals. I became so messed up I could no longer tell you my name much less anything else since I wasn't in my right mind. I felt as if I was dead inside and there wasn't a god. All of a sudden God came in and totally gave me a clean mind and a new heart, soul, and mind. To many that may not be much but to me it was something I had thought I had used up long ago until God............ Praise be to God!