JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Rewards for Christian Service

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him? What does Christ reward? What doesn’t he reward? Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure? How does it motivate us?

• 1 month later...

(1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

Answer - We have the assurance of Christ in the Word of God that we will receive a reward for our labors in this life according to several scriptures found in his word, for example Matthew 6:1.

What does Christ reward? Answer - Christ rewards obedience and our faithful serve to him.

What doesn't he reward? Answer - He does not reward salvation, for it is a free gift from God and not obtain by works.

Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure?Answer-Because it pleases our Master when we serve and obey.

How does it motivate us? Answers - Because we love him and want to serve and please him we do the things he has given us to do. Our love for him and his people should be the primary motivation for all that we do in the kingdom of God.

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him? What does Christ reward? What doesn’t he reward? Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure? How does it motivate us?

If God is giving rewards it must please God and should please us if He is pleased. We want to please our Lord. Christ rewards faith in Him and obedience to HIm and does not reward disobedience, laziness or shrinking back. Accountability means maturity and obedience goes along with maturity. It should give us great pleasure to see Jesus pleased when He sees us. It will make our tears and pain here pale in significance.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

We need to pray for each other and those imprisioned for their faith and service.

We can justify our desire for rewards for our labour in light of God's free gift of salvation because although salvation is a free gift by grace, we are expected to work for rewards.

We are rewarded for winning souls and for various services in the vine yard of God.

Showing accountability especially in the use of our talents and resources should bring us pleasure because of the rewards associated with the full and proper utilisation of the resources.

The motivation comes from the anticipation that our service is not in vain but will be adequately rewarded.

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

God's free gift of salvation is free to those who have "TRUSTING FAITH" - trusting faith that God can mold them into that of HIS making, one who is able to carry out "GOOD ACTIONS" for there is a reward for those who walk in that "FAITH."

What does Christ reward?

Our reward is the true joy of being "IN THE PRESENCE OF THE MESSIAH."

What doesn't he reward?

He doesn't reward those who DO NOT walk in that of "TRUSTING FAITH" for you will know them by their "FRUITS" and rewarded thereof.

Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure?

It is a pleasure derived not from "WORKS" but that of "LOVE."

How does it motivate us?

God's Son tells us "We are to LOVE the One True God, His Father, with all our hearts, for this is the FIRST and GREATEST commandment we are MOTIVATED by.

It is of “GREAT PLEASURE” that I am a “MOTIVATED” believer, because my “FAITH” is in God’s Son.

How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

It is a promise from God. Why should we justify anything our Heavenly Father has promissed us? We also do it out of love, I dont have to justify anything I do for God because of love.

Also, we are shoing responsibility, We are not going to stop working when we are going to heaven, so on earth we are showing that we can be trusted for what is to come, and we can desire to please God and receive rewards for the work we have done up to now - see the parrible of tallents.

What does Christ reward? Obedience, responsibility, searching His will, His Kingdom, bringing others to His Kingdom, spreading the Words of God, building our brothers and sisters in Christ and many more.

What doesn't he reward? When i do stuff outside the will of God. A few years back we bought a farm to help a very poor comunity close to our home town. We did this to please God but we never asked God whether this was His will. It was one problem followed by another until we gave the farm away to a missionary group. Suddenly God opened doors that were closed for a long time. Although we wanted to do what was good, we were outside God's will. We told God, this is what we are going to do for you, instead of asking, God, I have this plan, is it in your will? Or better yet, justplain, God, what is your will.

We want to please our heavenly Father, because of the Love we receive from Him and because of our love for Him

How does it motivate us?

We always wants to stay in His will, thus we search His will all the time, and due to the wonderful blessings for being in His will we are motivated to continue

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him?

I hadn't thought of the need to justify what God has promised. He's a good God, who loves to give, probably more than we want to receive. That He wants to reward His children is so typical of a loving parent...who wants to see joy and surprise on the faces of His children.

What does Christ reward?

He rewards anything we have allowed the Holy Spirit to do through us, as small as giving a cup of cold water in His name, to as large as dying a martyr's death, for which there is a special crown reserved. But as we then lay our crowns at His feet, all is for His Honor and Glory.

What doesn’t he reward?

He doesn't reward works of the flesh, our bright ideas, service to make oneself look/feel important....anything He has not accomplished through us is "wood, hay and stubble", which will burn up when tested "by fire"...

He redeemed and bought me with His blood, and I am no longer my own, but His. That I am accountable to Him is a pleasure, found only in a love relationship.

How does it motivate us?

When I wake up I ask Him to order my steps (they are already ordered, as He has planned my day, but saying it that way reminds me to be walking in the steps which He desires for me to walk....to be attentive to listen and watch for Him. I'm motivated to follow closely because He alone knows the way where we're going each day. I've tried my own way in the past and it didn't turn out well....so because He knows what is best for me, loves me dearly, and is all wise, I want to follow only where He leads. I don't want to get to Heaven and discover that my life was pointless.....My desire is to have some "sheaves of wheat" to lay at His feet, which are the result of yielding to the promptings of His Holy Spirit.

How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him

Because it is motivated by a love for God and His will for our lives, as well as love for our neighbors who do not know God. The rewards are a by product of a life focused on living for God and doing His will.

What does Christ reward?

Christ abides in the Father (John 15), and calls us to abide in Him; as we do this, our life will bear much fruit and we will be in obedience to Christ.

What doesn’t he reward?

Disobedience to Christ and working for man's approval over God's approval. When we work for man's approval, we have already received our reward in our earthly life.

Because our will is in line with His will and we have the joy that comes from intimate fellowship with Jesus; even when our circumstances aren't all that great. We enjoy the fruit of the Spirit,(Galatians 5:22) which is key to an abundant life, rooted in obedience to Christ.

How does it motivate us?

To love Him, know Him completely and to do His will. To desire a growing and intimate walk with the Lord, until He calls us home.

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

We can justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him, because our rewards is based on work done for Christ, not our salvation which is based on the grace of God.

We cannot lose our salvation because it is the anchor of our faith in Jesus Christ. Works we can lose, because what are our motives for doing them? Are we serving or working out of pure love for God? Or, are we serving to be seen by man?

Only a person who is serving God out of pure love will receive rewards for their labor done here on earth.

What does Christ reward?

Believers will be rewarded by Christ at the Judgment Seat of Christ for the works done on earth.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10“Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

I Corinthians 3:8-15“Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.”

What doesn't he reward?

Christ will not reward those works whose foundation is not Jesus Christ. Is a person working out of pride? To be seen by man? Or, are they working for their salvation?

If a person is not working for God out of a pure heart and love for Christ they will not receive a crown, or be rewarded by Christ.

Matthew 6:1-6 “Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”

Matthew 6:16-21 “Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

Showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure, because I am serving Him, and wants to have fruit that comes from my labor, like Paul.

It is my desire to have evidence of my love for Christ to be seen by Him as the indication of my faith.

John 15:15-17 - “Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.”

Matthew 7:15-20 - “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”

How does it motivate us?

Like Paul, I want Christ to acknowledge what I have done for Him in this body. This is what motivates me to know that I will receive my crown by Christ, yet feeling unworthy for the crown I will throw it back at His feet to express my love for Him.

thessalonians-top-300x64.gif

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him? What does Christ reward? What doesn't he reward? Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure? How does it motivate us?

http

(A) we can justify our reward by loveing God with all our soul worship here trust in him because God gave his son to show us his love.

(B) we will be reward by Christ in Judgement for all our labor and love

© Obedience, Fatihfulness and doing what right

(D) Any thing that not true to his word

(E) Showing accountability to our master should bring you great pleasure in doing what the Lord ask of us it bring me great joy

(F) It motivate me to know that I have done the best that I could do,do not try to do what other do ,do what I can do

We are being entrusted with gifts/talents to be used for the Lord. It is responsible Christian living. It doesn't save us, it just makes us fruitful. Christ rewards obedience. He doesn't reward you for unused gifts or talents. We want to please Him with our lives--bring Him glory. We are motivated out of love for God and thankfulness for what He has done for us!

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

Q). How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

A). Rewards for works are the "icing on the cake." Salvation by grace is the rock solid foundation that we do not lose.

#

Q). What does Christ reward?

A). Jesus -- and his Apostles Paul and John -- teach us that we will be rewarded for our labors.

#

Q). What doesn't he reward?

A). He doesn't reward unfruitful faith (faith without works)

#

Q). Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure?

A). It should bring us pleasure knowing He will reward us for showing accountability

#

Q). How does it motivate us?

A). It motivates us by arousing our desire to receive a reward for our labor

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)

How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labour in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for Him?

What does Christ reward?

What doesn't He reward?

How does it motivate us?

Jesus taught us a lot about believers being rewarded for good done after salvation. Jesus has told us that as believers we will one day stand before the judgment seat not to be condemned for sin but to be rewarded for good works, including our obedience to the Word and the spreading of the Good News. We will however, forfeit rewards for any acts of disobedience. We know our salvation cannot be lost and it remains for us to be a faithful servant to our Lord. This promise of rewards and our love for our Saviour is enough to motivate us.

If God wants to reward me for responding to the Gospel message and all that goes with the Christian walk I will rejoice and delight in that knowledge. It doesn't require justification. I personnally do not need nor desire a reward to live out truth. I am not motivated by that. What motivates is to make a difference in the world for truth. To live in the presence of the Lord -- in the house of the Lord forever is overwhelming reward in itself.

Christ's reward of eternal life and freedom from this dark, cursed planet and its dark lord is overwhelming reward in itself.

Jesus rewards love and obediance. He doesn't reward disobediance, indifference or luke warmness.

We honor Jesus by living a life of service to others regardless of social status. We honor Jesus by displacing evil in His name wherever we happen upon it beginning in our own homes. If this honors and pleases the Master and we are living it then accountability should be a joyous thing. We have become Christ-like. We have become salt and light in a dark world -- that honors Jesus. Because of our love and commitment to Jesus accountability should be a thing we look forward to and take pleasure in. John said:" There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." I Jn 4:18 Love for Jesus should motivate us.

God is a rewarder of those who fear and diligently seek Him. Whatever I do for the Lord shall not go in vain. The word of God assures us of a crown while laboring for Christ.

The reward Christ assures us is eternal salvation and inheritance as his children. Being offered salvation and love is more more precious than any thing of this world. It is such a joy to have Jesus in my life. I love and adore Him. He is the King of Kings and I know this KIng.

Christ doesnt reward diobedience and unfaithfulness.

When we show accountability to our Master we know that we are doing exactly what He wants us to do. When we obey Him his word and we show that we are doing so, we please Him and give Him pleasure. We prove to Him that we can be trusted with !

It motivates us because we know God is with us and He will always give us what we need and hear us.

When we receive the free gift of salvation, we also receive into our hearts God's love. Out of that love we desire to be in communion with God and to become faithful to do what He asks of us. We are all given a purpose. We fulfill that not out of keeping rules and regulations but because we are changed by His love and our hearts desires become the same as His. Our rewards come out of our loyalty and faithfulness to do His will out of love for Him. We realize our sole purpose is about HIM. We receive our "awards" because God is good to honor a faithful servant....but I'm brought to mind that any crowns we receive will be freely given back to Him. Anyone who knows God and the truth of our lives here, knows the honor really is HIS. Without Him....everything is meaningless.

What Christ will never "award" as in "earning it" is salvation. That is a free gift. Unmerited grace.

Q. How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for Him?

A. If God desires to reward us, why should we question that. Hebrew 11:6 says that He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him.

It gives Him pleasure to reward us as we obey Him. Matthew 6:4 talks about our deeds of charity being done in secret and how our Father who sees in secret will reward openly. In Revelation 22:12, "Behold I am coming quickly and my reward is with Me to render to every man according to what He has done." So, there will also be rewards for doing good and for doing bad desired or not.

We are not working for rewards but Christ wants to reward us for obedience.

Q. What does Christ reward?

A. Christ rewards obedience and faithfulness.

Q. What doesn't He reward?

A. He doesn't reward disobedience and unfaithfulness. Nor does He reward doing things to be seen by men. He says if we do that we won't have a reward from our Father in heaven Matt 6:1. He also doesn't reward sin. For He said that the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. Rom 6:23.

Q. Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure?

A. Because just knowing that when we show Him how much we love Him by being obedient and the pleasure that it gives Him, this should bring us pleasure.

Q. How does it motivate us?

A. It should motivate us to want to live a life that is pleasing to God. Knowing that one day we will have to give an account for the way we choose to live.

We can justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him because Jesus Himself told us that there will be a a just reward for the servant from his master. This He depicted in the parable of the talents and the parable of the minas. We do not labor in the ministry for salvation, we do so because of our love for God and love for our fellowmen. We shall receive a righteous man's reward, based on our labor in ministry. Showing accountability to our Master should bring us pleasure in that we are being faithful to obey Him and in so doing we are being used by God to build up the Kingdom of God. Our motivation from this should be seeing the souls that are saved and discipled because we are where God wants us and doing what He wants us to do.

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)

How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

We can justify a desire for rewards for our labour in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him by following the scripture in the letters of Apostle Paul.

What does Christ reward?

Christ rewards good work.

What doesn't he reward?

Christ does not reward bad works.

Showing accountability to our Master should bring us pleasure because we expect to be rewarded for what we have done.

How does it motivate us?

This motivates us to continuously do good works in order to receive the reward.

Every person is given a certain measure of faith. We can be assured that God will always give us enough faith to receive His grace for the fulfillment of every task He gives us. We can express our gratitude for His boundless love by showing others the same grace that Jesus has shown us.

The Lord rewards righteousness and faithfulness, but when Christ returns there will be rewards in addition to the gift of

salvation.

God puts potential in all of us and if we are willing to develop it, we will see wonderful things take place in our lives.

If we are obedient to God's instructions, if we humble ourselves and are willing to serve others out of pure love for God, we will live in harmony and therefore be pleasing to God.

Question 1-How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him? What does Christ reward? What doesn't He reward? Why should showing accountability to our Master bring pleasure? How does it motivate? (a) As we look at what the plan of salvation and the reality of the gospel in Paul's life, we should feel constrained to listen to the message. Personally the rewards are not that much to me personally, because we are going to throw them down at the Saviours feet anyway. I want as many as I can get to throw ( B) Christ rewards the way we serve Him, through our obedience, and as a disciple of the Word of God, working until He returns, through faith, and Holiness unto God we will accomplish the task at hand. Praise God. © He is not going to reward anything that has a motive of being (flesh) origin. Christ is not going to be involve in nothing that does not promote true Christianity and a life lived in Holiness and no man shall enter, without holiness. Everything that we do is for the Lord Jesus Christ and no one else it is all about Him and not us.obedience unto the Lord, which no man shall see hhiness , but the most important part is to work stedfastly until the Rapture are death takes me home. Sometimes we take things in such a matter of fact way

1. How can we justify a desire for our labor in light of God's free gift of salvation and our love for him?

-Loving God gives us a desire to labor for the kingdom of God, plus, there is a reward for our labor.

2. What does Christ Reward?

-Salvation by grace.

3. What dosen't he reward?

-Unfaithfulness and laziness.

4. Why should showing accountability to our master bring us pleasure?

-Because of the Love we have for him.

5. How does it motivates us?

-Loving God, knowing we will see our Lord JESUS CHRIST and live in his present FOREVER :)

Q1. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20) How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him?

I think the very fact that the Bible tells us to work for rewards is justification enough. In addition, our love for God should work itself out in our lives in good works to promote and extend His Kingdom. Our love for others should motivate us to good works to benefit and edify them.

What does Christ reward?

Cheerful giving, unselfish love, pouring ourselves out in service of others, caring for fellow believers, sharing our faith with the world.

What doesn’t he reward?

Ritualistic giving, selfish motives, miserly attitudes, keeping others from hearing the Gospel.

Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure? How does it motivate us?

I reckon it'll be awesome to hear the God of the universe say to me: Well done son.

How can we justify a desire for rewards for our labor in light of God’s free gift of salvation and our love for him?

1. We can justify because the word saids that we will stand before the judgment seat and receive what is due us. We will receive our rewards for our good works.

What does Christ reward? What doesn’t he reward?

2. Christ rewards our works, love, obedience and faithfulness. He does not reward disobedience and unfaithfulness.

Why should showing accountability to our Master bring us pleasure? How does it motivate us?

3. Showing accountability is a way of showing our love for God. Because He first love us is motivation enough for me an the fact that I will see Him one day.

Ans. Just as Paul was ensuring that the work he is doing in righteousness will be rewarded when the time comes. The pleasure is not that you will be rewarded but that Jesus Christ is being revealed and that the Kingdom is building. He rewards obedience and faithfulness to the call. To be accountable is to know that we love the Lord with our total being and we are doing what is right before him. To know that is knowing that He will say well done my good and faithful servant