JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5) Why is perseverance so important as we see wickedness increasing? What happens if we stop believing and being patient? How can we help one another persevere? What part does faith and perseverance have in our salvation? What part does God’s redemption and grace have in our salvation?

• 2 months later...

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5) Why is perseverance so important as we see wickedness increasing? What happens if we stop believing and being patient? How can we help one another persevere? What part does faith and perseverance have in our salvation? What part does God’s redemption and grace have in our salvation?

Perseverance is a testimony to truth and a loyalty to God in the face of increasing wickedness. It also reminds the world there is another way -- God's way. Perseverance most importantly encourages fellow believers on the journey. It brings joy, delight, and encouragement to fellow believers watching other believers maintain their faith in all circumstances.

If we stop believing and being patient in or faith we destroy our relationship with God, our testimony, and we potentially demoralize other Christians.

I believe we are saved at the end of our walk not before. Salvation comes at the second coming of Jesus Christ for those who have maintained their commitment to Jesus Christ. True born again believers who have permitted the Holy Spirit to transform their minds into the mind of Jesus Christ will spend eternity in the presence of God and the Lamb Jesus Christ..

Jesus, as recorded by John in Revelation, made promises to the "overcomers" not to the "lipservers." Jesus is all about a relationship with God that is based on a daily/current response, obediance, and perseverance in/to his Word. A real and believable daily relationship with Him.

Jesus died on the cross for human redemption from sin through the grace of God Almighty. Acceptance of that sacrifice is the portal to a saving relationship with God leading to eternal life with Christ.

Why is perseverance so important as we see wickedness increasing?

We have to keep our focus on God, just as Peter had to keep his focus on Jesus when he walked on water. If we focus on the wickedness we might get discouraged or we might be tempted to join in as well, since so many other people are doing it.

Through perseverance we proof to God that we are faithful, that we can be depended on for the work of His kingdom

If we don't persevere what is there for us? Do we go back to our old life, and be part of the world again. But then we loose everything. If we loose our relationship with God, we are totally lost again

What happens if we stop believing and being patient?

If we stop believing we don't have faith anymore and are lost

If we stop being patient we are trying to push God into what we want, this is rebellion and again, we are busy with our own religion. When we become impatient, we have to pray earnestly and plead from God to guide us and save us from ourselves.

How can we help one another persevere?

We should live an example, pray daily, and be with the other person as much as possible to be a support for that one.

What part does faith and perseverance have in our salvation?

Without it we are lost. See the parable of the sower, if we don't persevere we are lost. Without faith we have no hope at all.

What part does God's redemption and grace have in our salvation?

Just as much if not more than faith and perseverance. Without God we have nothing to have faith in.

Why is perseverance so imortant as we see wickedness increasing? This is easy and hard to answer. If I don't persevere can I say that I am walking with the Lord.

? Can I say that my walk is pleasing to HIm? Am I letting the Holy Spirit work in me? Am I growing in the faith? Or am I just another piece of lifeless matter on this earth. No meaning or purpose to my being. If I don't persevere will those I love who don't believe want to believe if He is not worth my persevering?

I find as I get older that I get tired and "lazy". I am caretaker to someone. There are not enough hours in the day. It is exhausing and time consuming and this is hard work, answering these thought provoking questions. I just want to play and have fun most days. I have to force myself to find those few moments of leisure and then devote some or all of it to Bible study. The will is there but the body is tired. I can't stop believing and don't want to. I am not impatient except in seeing loved ones believe and trust in our Lord for their sake and for a very selfish reason to relieve my discomfort that they are not believers. I so want them to know our Lord. And yet I know all is in God's perfect timing. And He wants me to trust in HIm solely.

We can help each other by persevering ourselves and through prayer. We need to pray for each other.

Faith is the machine if you will by which we believe and perseverence is what keeps us on the path. It is like a marathon. We can quit when we get tired or we can persevere and finish the race. Perseverence keeps our mind on the Lord when there are so many detours we can take along the way because they are pleasing to our eyes. Not necessarily wrong except that they take our eyes off Christ. Then trouble starts and we find ourselves off the narrow road.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Perserverance is so important as wickedness is increasing because we can be easily tempted to fall. Its surely not easy. but if I am committed to Jesus im my walk with Him,I will persevere amidst all trials and persecutions. As Paul says set your eyes on heavenly things and not to the tings of this world,I run my race with perseverance to know the prize... The prize is eternal salvation and residing in the presence of Jesus in Heaven forever.

When we stop believing and being patient, then we lose out and we lose out badly... we lose Jesus...

We can help each other to persevere by praying for them, and encouraging them with the truth that its worth it to win Jesus. In a race, when a athlete knows the prize he will get he will run to win it. Likewise we encourage others by telling them its worth running and persevering for Jesus.

Faith and perserverance helps to work out our salvation with fear and trembling and we will not lose it.

Its by Gods grace we are saved. We cannot boast anything about our works,but it was God's love and mercy that has made us alive in sin to those of us who were dead in sin. His grace has saved me and Jesus has paid the price for my salvation.

When wickedness is increasing, we can be tempted to give up or lose faith in God being with us. If we take our eyes off of WHO He is, we will be tempted to sink in despair. We must persevere in our faith, knowing God is greater than anything happening here on earth and He is sovereign over all of it.

If we stop believing or being patient, we will either lose hope or we will start taking matters into our own hands and that is a recipe for disaster!

We can help each other persevere by meeting together, praying together and studying the Word together reminding each other WHO God is and the promises He has given us. We are reminded HE wins and we can uphold each other up in truth. He is the Spirit deep inside us, the Word upon our hearts. He is I AM.

Our faith helps us to persevere and to continue to be assured of our salvation, but also to continue to work out our salvation, choosing truth and life in the midst of difficulties or when satan tries to get us to doubt or tries to tempt us.

Redemption and grace are the foundation of our faith. Even if we fail at times as we all do, redemption and grace are what we fall on in repentance and in being restored. If we don't believe in redemption and grace through Jesus....we missed the truth altogether.

As wickedness continue to take its toll on the christians, perseverance and trusting in God's ability to deliver us from the wicked one and wicked men otherwise discouragement and fear will set in and cause backsliding. If backsliding gains momentum, the church growth and health will decline.

Prayers and moral support for oneanother will be required to ecourage the brethren to stand firm and not to give up.

Because we know there will be trials in this life and these trials help us grow in our faith.

We will lose hope & fall.

We can pray for each other & encourage each other to stay firm in the Word.

Perseverance grows our faith--trust & faith in Christ's finished work on the cross. Also to finish the "race" with joy!

Redemption & grace are lovingly shown to us, those whom He has chosen. We would not have been able to be saved without them!!

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5) Why is perseverance so important as we see wickedness increasing?

As the world gets darker we will shine more brightly, reflecting the Light of Jesus to draw the lost to Him. We are the island in the sea of chaos and evil for those around us who are seeking refuge and answers. It is necessary for us to persevere, both for the Lord to be glorified in and through us, and for the furtherance of the spread of the gospel! He has promised us victory! He IS the victory.

Satan gains a foothold in causing despair and depression in the saints of God. We will sink in the mire and need rescuing instead of being rescuers for the unsaved! He has called us to REST IN HIM and to be patient in suffering, even as Jesus "learned obedience through the things that He suffered." The servants are not above our Master and when called to suffer, to remember Whose we are and to lean on His promised comfort and assurance.

We are called to watch over one another, studying how we may admonish, warn, urge, and encourage one another. (Heb. 10:24) We encourage by pointing each other to Jesus when we see someone sinking and flagging. We can remind each other of who we are in Christ, and pray for one another so that no one sinks into hopelessness. We are to listen and be alert and to care for our brothers and sisters in Christ.

We are saved by grace, and we walk by faith. Perseverance is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, imparted by Him as we cling to Him in spite of painful and long trials and waiting, "working" or walking out our salvation. It's His character being worked into us as He conforms us to His image as we trust Him.

What part does God’s redemption and grace have in our salvation?

Here is what the Lord showed me one day when I was thanking Him for my salvation: The Father chose me and gave me to Jesus as His love gift. The Holy Spirit wooed and pursued me and led me to Jesus. Jesus saved and redeemed me and gave me to His Father as His love gift. My part was to say Yes to this unspeakably gracious and wonderful invitation imparted by our Triune God and Savior!

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5)

I just feel that if a person is truly born again it is not possible for them to lose their salvation. Two passages in Scripture come to mind. “For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:38-40 (NIV). And “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.” John 10:27-29 (NIV). In both, Jesus says that all who believe in Him will have eternal life. “I shall lose none of all that He has given me”, and “they shall never perish”. It is our Lord who is faithful – He will faithfully support us to the end (1 Cor 1:9); He will faithfully deliver us from temptation (1 Cor 10:13); He will faithfully forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). To make sure we are growing spiritually and to know we have kept going on the narrow way, we must ask ourselves if we continue to believe and trust in our Lord Jesus for our salvation? Do we love God’s commands and is there any evidence of growth in my Christian life? Others should start seeing evidence of the fruit of the spirit in our lives - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Even with all the wickedness increasing all around us, we know, we have this blessed assurance that He will never leave us or forsake us. If we stop believing we must question if we were ever saved. The more we study the Word the closer we come to having fellowship with Him, and so does our faith increase – and we will persevere.

As wickedness increases, our faith will be tested to stand with the truth. This means that perseverance must be a part of our over all faith. We are not to listen to the lies and deceptions of the wicked, but be persistent in believing the truth only.

We will fall under the spell of the evil one who will render us unsaved. We will start to believe anything someone says, lie or truth.

By standing together, we can gain strength from each other. When one is facing an attack, we can hold them up and give them help in defeating the enemy.

We must be faithful until we die or Jesus comes again. We possess salvation now, but we do not have the complete salvation until we lay down this mortal body. If we lose our faith, we lose our salvation.

There is no "predestination" of who will be saved or not saved. God knows who will believe and who will not believe. According to 1 Peter 1:1 - 2, by God's foreknowledge, those were predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ are saved. God's grace is giving us the knowledge of the truth on how to turn to Jesus to be saved. But ultimately, we are saved by grace, through faith.

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5) Why is perseverance so important as we see wickedness increasing?

Perseverance is why we continue to DO what we have been doing.

The more the heart puts to practice PERSEVERANCE, the more it seems to become a habit with us, to DO what we have been doing, that of being FAITHFUL.

For in so doing we know full well "FAITHFUL IS THE LORD," and even more so as we see WICKEDNESS increasing.

What happens if we stop being patient is a reflection that we have stopped "BELIEVING" - and IF we stop walking in "FAITH" - then my question is, who then will rescue us from evil and the apostasy of perverse men, and from the evil One?

We cannot help another to persevere if we ourselves are not persevering, however, we who have persevered, we are the ones who are growing stronger; for with each testing that we have PERSEVERED through, it is in that strength that we are more able to test the spirits and help others to stand strong in their FAITH, being patient until the end.

Perseverance is the calling of ALL those who are SAVED, for perseverance is "FAITH IN ACTION."

Our strength is received through God's redemption that enables us to continue on doing what we are to do, persevering to the end, salvations call is that we walk, persevere in the saving grace of our Lord.

Perserverance is important as we see wickness increasing because: we must keep steadfast in God's word, take a strong stand for CHRIST, and to keep wickness from eroding our faith and have boldness and love, and to spread his Word to all people.

If we stop believing and being patient, our conscious will grow cold. It will have a negative effect on other christians that knows us and the ones we have witness too.

We can help one another persevere by encourging, praying and meeting together in love. Always putting CHRIST first in our lives.

Faith in CHRIST is the key part of our salvation. Perseverance is continuous seeking CHRIST and His word.

Redemption-CHRIST JESUS suffered and died for our sins. GRACE- We were chosen before the foundation of this world according to the foreknowledge of God our father through the Holy Sprit.

Because the wickedness comes against the Truth; challenging it, twisting it, watering it down, accusing it, etc, in an effort do destroy it. We must stand firm (persevere) in the truth, know it and be prepared to give an account of the truth. We must keep on walking with the Lord, no matter what the world or our culture throws at us. Romans 5:3-4 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope.

I think that we would slowly lose our love for God and His Word. We would lose our witness and our desire to share Christ with others. We would grow cold to the things of God and become a friend of world.

By remaining strong in Christ, prayer and the Word. Taking the time to encourage fellow believers around us at every opportunity. Pray for the God's power for ourselves and others to continue the race that we are all in; to "Hold Fast" and finish strong til the end.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. They go together, we must believe in the truth (faith) and we must continue through to the the end faithfully believing, until Christ's return or until he brings us home. We have to accept the free gift of salvation that Christ offers us, and hold fast to it.

Christ redeemed us with His own life on a cross; Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-

As wickedness increases, so will the temptation to just "fall in line" and participate. We must persevere in our faith and stick with doing the things children of God and brothers of Jesus should do.

Then we're in a very real danger of losing our relationship with God.

I think one of the most valuable "resources" we can have is a friend to stand by us. Everyone needs the encouragement of a fellow believer. In my own experience I struggle because I don't have a believing friend.

Faith has everything to do with our salvation! Without it we cannot be saved. Continuing faith in God is essential to maintain our walk with Him. Perseverance, the ability to keep on keeping on, is vital to our sanctification. Without perseverance we can't grow in Christ.

What part does God’s redemption and grace have in our salvation?

We're saved through God's grace, not by anything we can do or have done to merit salvation. The redemption offered by God through Jesus' sacrificial, substitutional death is available to us by the grace of God. God makes it possible for us to be saved by giving us the ability to believe. This whole predestination concept is a difficult one. There are so many conflicting opinions on who will be saved, including the words of Jesus Himself: Many are called but few are chosen, and the passage where he warns that even those who worship God and even do miracles in His name may not enter Heaven . . . depart from me I never knew you. When we struggle with our beliefs and with difficult times the devil throws those verses at us to further weaken our faith, just as he did when he tempted Jesus. In my daily Bible study just this morning they looked at resisting the devil. You do that by remembering . . . "Away from me Satan . . It is written: Worship the Lord your God and serve only Him!"

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5)

Perseverence is important as it shows strengthens our faith and helps as to wean against the wickedness.

If we stop believing and being patient, we will cease to be children of God and miss the inheritance of His Kingdom.

We can help one another persevere by reminding each other about the truth of God and show it by our deeds.

Faith and perseverance, being what is required from us, will bring our salvation.

God's redemption and grace will lead us to salvation.

Perseverence is most important because there are many wickedness increasing and if we stop we no longer are a Christ follower we are decieved. All Christians should encourage each other. Faith and trust is like a 2 sided coin+redemption and grace=salvation.

• 3 weeks later...

When wickedness is increasing it is easy for us to loose our focus and get deceived by the worldly ways. Perseverance is important as it is a test of our faith. When we persevere in all circumstances, even new believers and people who are imitating us will be encouraged with our faith and thus their faith also will be strengthened. As I persevere I become more mature in my faith.

Impatience does not please god and even our fellow believers will be discouraged. If we stop persevering that is the end of our faith and relationship with God.

We can pray with one another and encourage each other with God’s word. We can meet with believer friends and talk about testimonies about how God has worked in each of our lives when we persevered and trusted in His plans for us. This will encourage believers to persevere more and not become hopeless. We cannot help our brethren we ourselves do not persevere in trying times.

Perseverance is faith in action and with this kind of faith we will be saved.

It is only God’s grace that saves us and not our good works. Even sometimes when we fail, God upholds us when we repent and turn to him.

Peseverance in our faith is important because we have to safegurad against all the deceptions of the enemy and we need to keep ourselves strong in the teachings of Christ and persevere in His will and plan for us to get the reward of eternal life in heaven.

If we stop beleiving and not being patient we may be start believing the lies of the enemy, our faith in Jesus Chirst may diminish and eventually it can lead to falling prey to the deceptions of antichrist.

we can help each other pesevere by having a prayer fellowship that makes us praise and worship christ and build ourselves on the word of God and continually support each other through prayer.

Faith and peseverance keeps us assured in our salvation that we have received from Christ when we accepted him as the Lord and Saviour of our life.

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law and he has given us the freedom to enjoy God's presence and his death on the cross has redeemed us from sin and given us the free gift of salvation.

Grace has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ and God has made us alive in Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions and it is by grace we are been saved.

Perseverance is important as we see wickedness increasing, because we need to stand firm in the midst of every difficulty of life. Stand firm on the truth that God is in control, and He will work His plan and purpose in our lives as we grow and mature in Him.

If we stop believing and being patient then we will fall, and lose heart, faith, and confidence in God’s power and ability to see us through.

We can help one another persevere by standing beside them, and pray with and for them during difficult times.

God is faithful and will protect us when we hold on to our faith in Him, and persevere to stand in the face of difficulty.

God’s redemption and grace is a major part of our salvation. For through Jesus Christ’s death on the cross God has redeemed us from the power of Satan, darkness, and wickedness. It is His grace that He has freely given to all that believe in the free gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”

It is this grace that will lead, guide, and protect us until we are in God’s presence, and we can enjoy the good gifts that God has given us when we stand firm in His truth. Hallelujah :)

• 1 month later...

I think that perseverance is so important because we are entering the end times and unless we stay in God’s grace we will not get our reward. We can help one another persevere be meeting with them and having bible studies with them and continue to read the word of God. It is God grace who will redeem us and that is what I am counting for my salvation.

• 1 year later...

God is in the long game. He has preserved from the beginning through the sins of we the people- from Adam and eve to Charles and Camilla we have sinned. yet God has persevered, he has always been there for us. He has a plan for eternity and we are part of that plan. we must just wait, be patient, we must persevere and pray ' Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.' We must leave it to God for His will be done.

To stop believing- it is not an option. Once one experiences the awesome joyfulness of the glory of God -we must believe. If things are not going well we must be patient and pray 'thy will be done. ' For God's will, will be done-with or without us.

we can help one another by being joyous in our faith and to spread this joy around the community. Our community is about joy and hope and faith. Joy is infectious and will spread from one to the other. This joy is connected to the great commandment to love your neighbour as yourself. we are to help our neighbour in joy. The good Samaritan seemed joyful as he paid for the keep of his 'neighbour'. We too must be joyful as we help each other. Further we are to pray for each other as we go along our path of faith and love. We are to pray for strenth and perseverance for each other.    

Ephesians 2:8-9 is quite clear-" For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God"  . Perseverance is important in that  if we do not carry on in our faith than we fall back and are in danger of losing salvation.

God’s redemption and grace play the major roll  in our salvation. without God's grace then we would never even know God-for even the revelation of God that we receive is a a gift- a grace from God. We would live and die as animals, we would have no rational understanding of God and of His Grace of giving us his son because God so loved the world he gave His Son so we, his children, would have eternal life in Him.

• 6 months later...

We must stand strong. We must believe that God will not allow us to be harmed by the wicked. We must remain true to the word and teachings that we have from Jesus. If we stop believing, we will be condemned. We will lose our salvation. Our salvation is based on the fact that we believe in Christ Jesus as the Son of God. we have been given God's grace for the forgiveness of all of our sins. We have it made. We will be seated in heaven with our brother in the glory of God as long as we hold true and believe.

• 2 years later...

Q4. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5) Why is perseverance so important as we see wickedness increasing? Because that is where we draw our strength and protection from God. This is the season of growth and joy and harvest. Perseverance is Christ’s gift to move towards health

What happens if we stop believing and being patient? We perish

How can we help one another persevere? By encouraging each other in the ways of the Lord.

• 4 years later...

We need to persevere to be the lamps in the dark so that the world will see there is the other side to darkness and will realise that they are on the wrong path , and we need to persevere and be grow in our strength for the challenges of this world will not stop. We will put out our lamps and not be different when we stop believing, and loose patients. That means we will only disappear in the darkness and not be seen anymore.

As Christians we encourage each other when we see a brother or sister stand up to the challenges, and we also need to lovingly remind fellow Christians what it means to say we are Christians. The Bible states it clearly that it is not by faith alone, but faith first and then perseverance through that faith that we are assured of our salvation.

If it was not for the grace of God, we would have had no chance of salvation, because we will always fall short. Thank you dear God for sending your Son Jesus to show us the way, and if we believe in Him, and do as He commands us to do, we are redeemed by this act of love and the gift of grace towards us.