JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)?  Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy?  Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who “fear the Lord”? In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? 

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)?  The reason for this destruction is sin and rebellion against God. The Gentiles are guilty before God, of course (Romans 1-2), but so is the covenant people to whom Yahweh revealed his law on Mount Sinai. Covenants come with curses to those who break them, as is seen in verse 6.

Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy?  Because we are looking like them:  "The city -- here the world city, the representative of civilization -- is destroyed in all its urban sophistication and pride."

Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who “fear the Lord”? There is still time to get right.  "While feasting and celebration of people on earth will cease (24:7-13), there will be celebration of God's righteous judgments (24:14-16a)."  

In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? LOVING MAN INSTEAD OF LOVING AND FEARING GOD. "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the **** of the flesh, the **** of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." 1 jOHN 2:15-17

1.Yahweh will devastate the earth because: People have defiled the earth by disobeying God's laws, violating His status and breaking the everlasting covenant, therefore, bringing a curse on earth, and its people will bear the guilt.

Genesis 5:6 "The Lord was grieved that He had made man on the earth and His heart was filled with pain". An example:

In this present day we see our own Goverment have defiled the laws of God by making "Sodom and Gomarrah" the law of the land (Genesis 19: Sodom and Gomarrah were destroyed).

2.Why do we feel so threaten by this kind of prophecy? This kind of prophecy awaken our conscious and a remainder to fully obey God's laws.

3.This prophecy is important in forming faithful disciples "who fear the Lord"--in order to keep God's Commandment and follow Him. It is also important to know what is in store if we do not. Revelations 18 explains the devastating Woe! Woe!

4. 1 John 2:15-17 Teaches us do not love the world or anything in the world. The world and its desires will pass away but the man who does the will of God "LIVES FOREVER".

"Heaven Father please give us the will, the desire and strenght to follow you in the name of JESUS CHRIST our Lord. Amen".

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)? The will of mankind transgressed, turned away from God and corrupted His commandments, therefore the inhabitants of the earth who corrupted his laws, had better be certain, that the LORD God who keeps His promises of blessings, will also bring upon those who "WILLFULLY" transgress against the covenant of the LORD their God to go and serve other gods, will arouse the anger of the LORD, and they will perish from off the good land which was given to them.

Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy? Those who are LUKEWARM to the things of God are those who ought to feel threatened by this prophecy, for it is a warning call that judgment will follow those who "WILLFULLY" transgress the commandments that the Son of God has written on the heart of those who believe.

Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"? This kind of prophecy is an eye awaking to the awesome God that sits upon the throne and His calling to his remnant to remain "FAITHFUL" and "TRUE" - Which are the positive results of their "FAITH"

In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? Those who find fulfillment in the glitter and glory of man are the negative results of those whose fruits are still rooted from their old nature, fruits that reveal an unrealistically high self-image which are contradictory to those who have experienced the positive results of faith, those who understand the call - “Do not love the world or the things of the world" We are not to love the Philosophy of this world, for it is contradictory to the things of God.

Q1. (Isaiah 24)

What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)?

Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy?

Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"?

In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? 

We have messed up big time! Crime is rampant, injustice and cruelty prevail, and the wickedness of people is getting greater and greater. We have polluted the earth by sin. By disobeying God’s Laws, violating His statutes, and breaking His everlasting covenant – that is disobeying His Word as told in Genesis 2:16-17; Genesis 3:1-6; and Hosea 6:7, we have left God no choice but to destroy the earth as it is. We will suffer the consequences of total contamination by sin – God abhors sin. I can only thank our Lord that I have been saved by grace, and that I have learned to trust Him fully and not to rely on my own understanding. For this reason I have complete peace when I read about such prophecies. What better than to be eternally with Christ! On the other hand, I can fully understand why unbelievers may feel threatened. They are completely unaware of spiritual truths. How illogical can you get – the creature not trusting and obeying their Creator? The world lives as if there is no tomorrow.

They are so engulfed in the **** of the flesh, all evil desires, and their selfish ambitions, that they are completely unaware of any prophecies.  

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)? 

We are all sinners, even those who believe. God has always been in control, to start and end time and the world as we know it. We were told to go and baptize, just like John the Baptist. In reality the world is a sick  un Godly place, and we are stuck here. This is easier for me to say on a Sunday morning where I've been studying the bible and meditation. The world doesn't deserve to continue in sin; we are living on borrowed time.

Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy?  Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"?

Our creator has the power to judge all of us in this world plane of existence when ever He wants, right now or later today, or whenever. Without knowing God one can be foolish and get the pain of judgement. There are so many spiritual guides to bring people to Him today. But some resist and hold more value in the world.. I am fearful to not seek Him would be a disaster in my life today. I greatly fear my fate when not being close and humble to our creator. I'm thankfoul to have such a though this morning.

In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.16 For all that is in the world, the **** of the flesh, and the **** of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.17 And the world passeth away, and the **** thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever

I rest in fear of seeking worldly pleasure **** of flesh, eyes, and pride of life. I long ot understand thos more deeply and control my mind accordingly. Praise God!

• Humanities sin and rebellion against God

• Because it destroys everything we have ever relied on - everything we can see with our eyes.

The magnitude of this prophecy is beyond my understanding. It is frightening and it is my loving God that brings it about. I've never "seen" God angry or His wrath carried out. It is chilling to ponder.

Because everything we love, everything we rely on, everything we know comes under destruction. Everything we value in this physical world will mean nothing.

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)?
    The devastation will come because of sin and disobedience.   The everlasting covenant is to obey the LORD.

God made man an absolute sovereign in one realm, that of his will, his power of choice.   And since that time when Adam bit into the forbidden fruit, man has been making the wrong choices more often than not, and God has been working to lead His creation back to Him.   But throughout the world, sin has been magnified to a point that is beyond belief.  Today, we’re worse than Sodom and Gomorrah.   We need to pray daily for our nation(s) for a return to obedience, a return to God!

We’re told to “fear not,” but the magnitude of the events prophesied is so overwhelming that we cannot absorb it with our limited wisdom.  We know that we are aliens and travelers on earth, and our spiritual focus is on heavenly things, where we belong.   Yet, we are a part of the neighborhood too, the city, the state, the nation where we live.   Utter destruction of New York City?  Washington?  The nation!   Earthquakes, tidal waves, fires, tornadoes, wars, exploding stars, meteors striking earth.   We know that believers are saved:  He said it, I believe it, and that’s that!  But though we have faith and hope through Jesus, what of the people around us?  What of the ones we love who aren’t saved?  Every time I pray “Thy kingdom come,” my heart is in my mouth for those I know who are not yet saved.  And consequently, for myself, I have to ask is there something more I should be doing?

Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"?
    There is no tomorrow unless God wills it.    We like to think that we have plenty of time.  We like to think of our loving Father and peace and joy and loving our neighbors.  We take to heart Scripture like Philippians 4:8 "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise--dwell on these things."  Without an understanding of the end times, we are not always energized to obey RIGHT NOW.

We need to understand the magnitude of His power, the bite of His purity, and the steel in His purpose.  Then, while we might stop to smell the roses, we  will keep our eyes open.    

In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy?
    The glitter and glory of man is a delusion where we expect that what is will continue to be, and what we want is what we deserve.  Those who rely on worldly things, who have no time for God, do not believe that destruction will come, just as those who do not believe in God do not believe that man is an eternal being.  They never make the choice to be saved because they don’t believe it’s possible to be ‘lost.’  You live, you die.  The End.  

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3  For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2013 at 9:58 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)?  Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy?  Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who “fear the Lord”? In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? 

a.  The inhabitants have defiled it through sin and rejection of God's covenant....so it is being devoured by the resulting curse.

b.  Some may fear it due to fear of death, punishment, the threat of long life being destroyed. Unbelievers and many believers, I think, view this as their only home, not understanding that we are pilgrims (if believers) passing through to our eternal home (if unrepentant unbelievers, to their eternal home in hell)  The earth feels permanent and unshakable (until an earthquake, tornado, etc, strikes) and it's unthinkable to many that it won't be here forever.

c.  Unless one realizes that the earth is just the place where we live for a season, and are given an opportunity to come to know God, eternity in hell becomes the only other alternative. Unless disciples are made and taught the truth of God's Word, they will perish and face the second death...being judged for rejecting His loving offer of salvation and forgiveness of sin and to live in relationship with Him forever.

d.  1 John 2:15-17 describes just the opposite: If one loves the world and what it offers, the Love for the Father is not in him. (the things that are craved for sensual gratification, greedy longings and covetousness, and assurances of one's own resources or in the stability of earthly things.) The world and all of these things are passing away. It's appropriate to love and appreciate the beauty of God's creation, which is also worship, but even these things will come to an end....for we will be in an even more beautiful place.

James 4:4 says it best: (when you crave the things of this world) " YOU ARE LIKE UNFAITHFUL WIVES, HAVING ILLICIT LOVE AFFAIRS WITH THE WORLD AND BREAKING YOUR MARRIAGE VOWS TO GOD! DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT BEING THE WORLD'S FRIEND IS BEING GOD'S ENEMY? SO WHOEVER CHOOSES TO BE A FRIEND OF THE WORLD TAKES HIS STAND AS AN ENEMY OF GOD!"

God's answer to this dilemma: JAMES 4:6: BUT HE GIVES US MORE AND MORE GRACE (POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, TO MEET THIS EVIL TENDENCY AND ALL OTHERS FULLY) THAT IS WHY HE SAYS, GOD SETS HIMSELF AGAINST THE PROUD AND HAUGHTY, BUT GIVES GRACE (CONTINUALLY) TO THE LOWLY (THOSE WHO ARE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO RECEIVE AND ASK FOR IT) Prov 3:34  V7 SO BE SUBJECT TO GOD, RESIST THE DEVIL (STAND FIRM AGAINST HIM) AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU."  (Thank you, Jesus!)

God will devastate the earth because of the rebellion of mankind. Despite the fact that people should and in most cases do know better, the still live in open rebellion against God and His laws and ways. After He has given the world enough time to toe the line, He will finally have had enough of it and destroy the works of man.

No one likes to be told that everything will be destroyed. It's a very uncomfortable thought that we labor in vain to build our own little empires only to wind up with nothing on the Day of the Lord.

Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who “fear the Lord”?

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. This fear of course isn't the fear that God will wipe us out, but it's healthy fear, the kind that ensures we have the desire and the purpose to do His will and obey His commands, in other words, not rebel against God. We have to keep in mind that He is God and we are His creation. We aren't more important than God. We're here to do His will and not the other way around. Gold is purified by fire, as the Bible says, and our works need to be the kind that will emerge from the fire unscathed.

Mankind has gone ahead in leaps and bounds and built seemingly great empires and civilizations. Mankind has sought to control the very earth on which we live. But it's all temporary, despite appearances to the contrary. If we love the works of our hands, figuratively speaking, we don't have the Father's love in us. 1 John 2:15-17 sums up every proud motive of man. The very things Satan used to tempt Jesus are summed up here. What we see we want, what we desire in our hearts we covet, and we become proud of our worldly achievements. Everything raised up contrary to God's plan will be brought low.

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth ?

Our forgiving and living Father has given us numerous warnings...we were created to live holy lives in fellowship with Him..but we stubbornly disobey and do not follow his laws...we ignore God and elevate self.

We wonder...am I forgiven? Will I be saved...and what about my friends, daughter, people I care about....what about people I font even know but represent the varied human existence. Lord I eagerly look forward to eternal life...but I also don't want anyone left behind.

I'd prefer to make disciple out of love for God, rather than fear of destruction. But...they go hand n hand....the salvation brought by Jesus death on the cross is a salvation from destruction. There's no getting around the "hell issue" as much as I would like to skip that.

In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy

I saw. TV ad for a new Gallaxy. Seems someone comes out with a new, better, faster smart phone every 6 months and millions of people rush to toss their old one and get the new one.

Thirsting for the things of this world misalign our priorities, mess up our Kingdom financial management plan, and make us obsessed with novelty.

The reason Yahweh will devastate the Earth will be because the people (both Jew and Gentile) will have practiced sin and rebellion against God. They will have turned their backs on the covenant relationship they could have had and so they could have been saved.

I don't think we, as true Christians in covenant relationship, should feel "threatened" by this kind of prophecy, but I do think it extremely important to heed them as warnings to not abandon our true faith where life is abundant and full of the promises for our future with our truly Sovereign God whom we respect and love.

We need to remain strong in  knowing that "to love the evil of this world and all that it offers shows we do not have the love of the Father in us. **** for physical pleasure, everything we see and pride in our possessions are not from OUR Father. They are from this evil world. The world is fading away along with everything it craves. But if we do the will of God, we will live forever." New Living Translation 1 John:15-17

We are to constantly guard our hearts against the ways of this world and remain in love and loyalty to God.

God comes to destroy the destroyers, whether these be part of the Covenant of God or apart from it, for the knowledge of right and wrong is present within all people. Every people and nation knows that it owes its existence to God and that every person and nation ought to offer truth and worship to God alone. However, the spirit of the world has taken a firm hold of the mind and heart of the peoples and nations and these have willingly abandoned not only the natural law but the divine law as well. Thus God comes to chastise the entire world for its mortal sins which have been committed after giving over of itself with "full consent, due to its actual rejection of the actual knowledge of truth and the Truth himself. 

The world feels threatened for it knows its sin and knows that it deserves retribution of the most severe form, it knows there is a God and it knows it has willfully committed grievous and serious transgressions against Him and His law and His Church.

When sudden events occur, whether pleasant or unpleasant, the joy or the fear can open peoples spiritual eyes to see perhaps for the first time that they indeed must change and must repent and embrace God the Truth. Sudden events often times can open people to the reality that there indeed are greater realties than what mere human senses and intellect can perceive on the natural order. When this happens the first steps of conversion can begin and true repentance and true life can enter into the heart, mind and life of the person and their souls.

The result of Adam's fall is that all mankind is born not only with original sin but worse with an inclination and desire to commit sin this being known as concupiscence. Because of these inheritances within our nature we suffer from a darkening of the intellect. Because of this darkened intellect mankind is uncomfortable when divine light is shed upon his heart and mind thereby revealing to man that he is in need of God and his life, light and truth. This necessity of change is repugnant to the world, thus the world of mankind does everything possible to bury himself in darkness so that he can if it were possible to avoid change. Mans resistance and rejection of divine light and truth typically expresses itself in harm and destruction of self and neighbor.  

The reason for this destruction is sin and rebellion against God. The Gentiles are guilty before God, and for the covenant people they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant.

Everyone is comfortable in this world and are trying to make their lives and future secure by working hard, building houses, saving up for their children, retirement etc.  This Prophecy says that God will be destroying the whole world so it is kind of threatening to the people who think this world will be there for them always.  They will not be able to comprehend that all that they worked hard for will be destroyed.

God is a righteous God and he will not let disasters come upon the righteous, therefore it is important to forming faithful disciples who fear the Lord and who will spread His gospel of salvation to save more and more souls.

1 John 2:15-17  15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the **** of the flesh, the **** of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever

If one loves the world then he does not love God.  The world will pass away but whoever does God’s will live forever.

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)?  Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy?  Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"? In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? 

Due to sin and rebellion of the people of the earth and spiritual powers including fallen angels.

I do not really feel threatened by this kind of prophesy because I have hope in the Lord who has redeemed me from.the power of death. I now live for Him and with Him.

At the ends time, the righteous will be gathered unto the Lord to live joyfully with Him and thus should look forward to that day and therefore NOT to fear its coming.

However, remembering the prophesy should help us not to endulge ourselves on the things of this world and forget to watch and pray so as to be ready when the bridegroom shall come..

Yahweh will devastate the earth because the people of the earth have disobeyed God's laws and statutes and broken the covenant with God.

This prophecy makes us realise the consequences of not being faithful to Yahweh. The wrath of God that can fall upon man for his disobidience to God creates a sense of awareness within us as to how much we need to walk in the fear of the Lord God Almighty!

This prophecy encourages the faithful disciples to walk in the ways of Yahewh and makes us realise that we cannot break God's laws and statutes. Instead this prophecy helps a faithful disciple to love the Lord and obey his voice and enjoy his blessings.

1John 2: 15-15 exhorts us not to love the world or its ways because love for the world will lead into total destruction. But the man who does the will of God reaps eternal blessings from God here on earth and in heaven.

Q1. (Isaiah 24)

1.   What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)? 

The people of the earth had disobeyed all the laws , violated the statutes and broken the covenant   therefore Yahweh will devastate the earth.

1.  Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy? 

The earth will become a desolate place :all feasting and celebration will cease because of the power of curse.

1.  Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"?

This type of prophecy is important because it tells us what happens when we disobey God and therefore we will fear God and obey his commandants...because “”whoever keeps doing the will of God will live forever.

1. In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? 

The  glitter and glory of man are not from God but are of the world (and the devil)  which is transient; however,if  this world is fading away these things dont last and have no significance and it shows one has no true love for God ..

1. Question 1    Isaiah 24

1. What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)? 

1. sin and rebellion against God – God is HOLY!

2. Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy? 

1.  Because we are not HOLY.

1. So we don’t get complacent about God’s HOLINESS.

1. Fallen Men believe that human understanding is limitless and therefore trust in themselves.  This was the trick that Satan played on our first parents – that they could go it alone.  Hebrew thought teaches that human understanding is subordinate to divine revelation.  Isaiah represents divine revelation, Israel represents human understanding.

Hello,

1 - What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)? 

I think sin and rebellion against God.

2 - Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy? 
     Because we are sinners and we need God always.

3 - Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"?
     For us obey God.

4 - In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy?

The men are many proud and sometimes they think don't need God.

Tect

Faithful disciples are aware that the world is on a path of inevitable destruction. Lovers of this world are God's enemies, yet faithful followers truly believe, obey, and fear The Lord. They personally know that God is not only merciful, but also good to His word--when He provide enough opportunities for people to repent, His judgment is enacted quickly and decisively.

Human may believe that they alone possess control over their destinies and their "greatness" protects them. They are unaware or blind to the fact that the things of the world and flesh are only temporary, yet things of the spirit and align with the mind of Christ are eternal.

Q1. (Isaiah 24) What is the reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth (24:5-6)? Why do we feel so threatened by this kind of prophecy? Why is this kind of prophecy important to forming faithful disciples who "fear the Lord"? In what way does the glitter and glory of man (1 John 2:15-17) contradict this kind of prophecy? 

Sin

We are all guilty

Because there will be consequences on earth however for those who "fear the Lord" there will be safety.

The attitude of the godless is that life goes on and there are no consequences.  It is totally opposite a just and holy God who says He will punish sin.

God Bless!

Jen

Jude 21

Sin & rebellion against God = judgment

We're threatened because we are sinners too. It helps us to see just how sinful we are and to have a healthy fear of God.

He shows the end of things for those who do not take Him as their Savior and to encourage us to see all those around us who are unsaved & who will be judged. It gives us a little push to evangelize NOW!

Those men live for the day to fulfill their lusts. They are worried about the judgment, but they should be!

1. For the people disobeyed God’s laws
  2. Because human nature is much disposed to sinful acts and fail to walk according to God’s principle and laws. For this reason we fear that God will destroy us for not obeying to his law.
  3. We have to remember always the consequence of our sin. This will encourage us to be fearful to God.
  4. The world with its entire wrong doings will stay temporarily and man who follows the world will not last forever and will be destroyed at the end of the world. But the one who follows God will have an everlasting life.

The reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth is because it suffers for the sins of humanity.  People feel threatened by this kind of prophecy because this is their world and their way of life.  This kind of prophecy threatens many church attenders because they are not sojourners on this planet.  This world is their all and all and their life styles are shaped by their personal religious worldview not by God's Word.   Many say this is "a wonderful world and I am not leaving until I have to."

Faithful disciples will proclaim the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Reconciliation through Jesus with God to those around them.  The faithful will remain watchful and will witness to the world around them, proclaiming God's Word and providing light in a dark, fallen world.  The faithful are ambassadors for Jesus Christ and warn the world around them, in love, to be prepared for what's coming ahead and that is a new kingdom is coming and this world is going to end as we know it.

Man dismisses this kind of prophecy because despite what scripture informs us about the passing nature of human existence, man sees it as lasting and as everything.

The reason that Yahweh will devastate the earth is because it suffers for the sins of humanity.  People feel threatened by this kind of prophecy because this is their world and their way of life.  This kind of prophecy threatens many church attenders because they are not sojourners on this planet.  This world is their all and all and their life styles are shaped by their personal religious worldview not by God's Word.   Many say this is "a wonderful world and I am not leaving until I have to."

Faithful disciples will proclaim the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Reconciliation through Jesus with God to those around them.  The faithful will remain watchful and will witness to the world around them, proclaiming God's Word and providing light in a dark, fallen world.  The faithful are ambassadors for Jesus Christ and warn the world around them, in love, to be prepared for what's coming ahead and that is a new kingdom is coming and this world is going to end as we know it.

Man dismisses this kind of prophecy because despite what scripture informs us about the passing nature of human existence, man sees it as lasting and as everything.