JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Savior of the Nations

• 3 months later...

From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12?

If you throw it wide the answer is anybody throughout the ages. If you want to be more specific, anybody from any nation who accept Him, is obedient to Him, have faith in Him and since the New Testament accept His Son and forgives others their sins.

In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation?

It is for all nations

In what sense is Jesus' sacrifice wasted on some people?

Some do not accept Him as their Savior and Lord - Master. Many confess Christ but is not willing to lay down the old self, we want to stay in control. Also many proclaim Him as Lord but we dont forgive, don't bear fruit of the Spirit, don't fo;;ow the guidence of the Holy Spirit and don't allow sanctification to take place.

From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12? Anyone, anywhere, people believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.

In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation? No exceptions, He simple said: "Come."

In what sense is Jesus’ sacrifice wasted on some people? Their eyes and hearts are closed.  The gift must be personally accepted.

Q1. (Isaiah 53) From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12?

"Many nations". The suffering servant's sacrifice will benefit everyone.

John 3:16 says that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life. Isaiah hints at this in 52:15. Though written for the Jewish people, Isaiah's prophecy has universal application.

In what sense is Jesus’ sacrifice wasted on some people?

You have to accept a gift before it is of any value to you. If people reject the Gospel of Christ, then Jesus' sacrifice won't save them.

Q1. (Isaiah 53) From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12?

It is for ANYONE . ANYWHERE at ANY POINT OF TIME IN HISTORY. who believe that Jeusu is lord and Saviour.

It is applicable to the whole world i.e. universe !

It is for all people but if someone doesn't accept the gospel and has rejected Jesus then it is of no use to them  ... it is ESPECIALLY wasted on the Jews at that time who were witness to everything  that Jesus said and did but would not accept him and accused him falsely to crucify HIM.

whoever does not believe in Him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only son of God. John 3:18b    . 

Whosoever will come.

The offer of salvation is extended worldwide, to all nations and all people.  He took on the sins of all.  Just as the sins of many came from the sin of one (Adam), so the restoration of many come from the sacrifice of one (Jesus).

They refuse to accept Jesus as Lord.  Or their confession of faith is weak and they fall away, like the seed that lands on the path.

Q1. (Isaiah 53)

Christ died for all – it was a universal sacrifice with no limitation on the number of people for whom He died. Unfortunately the sacrifice is wasted on those who do not believe in our Saviour Jesus Christ. We read in John 3:18 what Jesus Himself said, ”Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.” Our eternal destiny is determined by the attitude we take toward the Son of God. It is only those who put their trust in Jesus who are not condemned and they will receive eternal life, but the rest are condemned. Our Lord Jesus has finished His work of salvation, and now it is up to each one of us to make a decision – do we accept Him or reject Him?

Hello Folks!!!

1 - The sacrifice of Christ on the cross opens the door of salvation to all people of the world.
2 - No matter the race, color or culture, the salvation is for all who believe.

God will remove the sins:

From many nations

From all of us

From my people 

From many

Of many

The Lamb in Isaiah 52:13-53:12 actually "takes away the sins of the world."

This is a universal sacrifice of salvation because everyone will have opportunity to receive salvation through this sacrifice.

"Those who believe on (the sacrifice of) the Lord Jesus will be saved."

Jesus' sacrifice is wasted on those who refuse to believe that the blood of Christ cleanses them from all sin and unrighteousness. Those who reject Jesus, do not accept Him as their Savior and will not enter into the Kingdom of God. He though, died for all....even those who would ultimately reject Him.

Q1. (Isaiah 53) From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12? In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation? In what sense is Jesus’ sacrifice wasted on some people?

God's love in so big it is not comprehensible; as is his wisdom; we don't notice so many blessings we have today, we are alive, we can see, walk, etc,

I would hope to never judge if Jesus'sacrifice is wasted on a specific person such that I would not be kind to them, no matter what. I would pray for knowing the right "tough love" to give, and pass the peace of a smile. Well I'd try to be like this until I get caught up in myself.

Two thief's on crosses next to him; he made it clear, no mater what you did, if you accept Him, all is forgiven. There is no way to lie to God. So we can always pass on a blessing, no matter what!

Who has believed our message  and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
He grew up before him like a tender shoot,  and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,  nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.Like one from whom people hide their faces   he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering,yet we considered him punished by God,  stricken by him, and afflicted.But he was pierced for our transgressions,   he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was on him,    and by his wounds we are healed.

Thank you Jesus!

From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12? It is for everyone.

In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation?  It is universal because it is for all people throughout ages, for all nations without boundaries and for all people without caste, creed or color.

In what sense is Jesus' sacrifice wasted on some people? When people do not accept the gift of salvation which Jesus has made available by laying down his life, then the sacrifice of Jesus is wasted.

1.   He leaves out none, all who come.

In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation? In what sense is Jesus’ sacrifice wasted on some people?
2.  He includes everyone.  It is wasted on those who do not believe He is the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that died for our sins.

Salvation, the door is open to the World.

In what sense is this universal sacrifice of salvation?

This is why I am "thankful" to the Jewish people, this is why I am "grateful" to the prophets of old, how could I have been able to "SEE" and "CONSIDER"  if it wasn't for the remnant of "FAITHFUL" men who were in "COVENANT" with the God of Israel, men who with the Holy Spirit's direction, wrote down the plans of God, wrote down the mistakes that Israel made, so that "Many Nations" (me) would be able to see and consider the same pitfalls that sin will bring.

This is why I have a love song on my heart for God's people Israel, this is why I pray God’s blessings be upon them, as I ponder, where would I be today, and how could I have had ears to hear and eyes to see, if I did not have God's laws to consider, and the Bible that was given to "MANY NATIONS".

It is wasted on those who do not desire to seek after "truth" - It is wasted on those who do not "care" to "CONSIDER" as they foolishly go on their own way, closing their eyes and ears to the invitation the Holy Spirit gives to them, it is wasted on those who "WILLFULLY"  decide to put off today the invitation to "COME" and go through the door that is open to them, as they foolishly put it off for tomorrow, not understanding, it is “TODAY”

On 8/1/2013 at 10:27 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Everyone in the world from the Cross forward until time runs out individually and universally. (God so loved the WORLD....that He gave...) The Old Testament saints who looked forward to the cross, as well.

He died for everyone from every tribe and nation and tongue, who will receive and accept His glorious gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ sacrifice for them.

In what sense is Jesus’ sacrifice wasted on some people?

His sacrifice is wasted on those who refuse His blood bought free gift for them and would prefer to try to earn it through their own prideful sweat and works.

Q1. (Isaiah 53) From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12? In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation? In what sense is Jesus' sacrifice wasted on some people?

Many nations

Anyone who will may receive this gift.  Cannot be bought , cannot be earned, it is a gift of God

Those who dismiss it or reject it will not receive salvation since it comes through no other.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

God removes sins of the whole mankind.

God so loved the world that He gave his only Son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. JESUS died on the Cross to redeem the whole world from sin but it for us accept him as our lord and saviour and be saved.

His sacrifice is a waste for those who do not confess with their mouths and believe in their hearts that Jesus is Lord and they do not accept his salvation for them.

Q1. (Isaiah 53)

Christ died for all – it was a universal sacrifice with no limitation on the number of people for whom He died. Unfortunately the sacrifice is wasted on those who do not believe in our Saviour Jesus Christ. We read in John 3:18 what Jesus Himself said, ”Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.” Our eternal destiny is determined by the attitude we take toward the Son of God. It is only those who put their trust in Jesus who are not condemned and they will receive eternal life, but the rest are condemned. Our Lord Jesus has finished His work of salvation, and now it is up to each one of us to make a decision – do we accept Him or reject Him?

Throughout this passage it has been mentioned "many nations," "us all," "many," and "the sins of many." We can believe that Christ died for all do the worl because "God so loved the world that. he gave His only Son, so that who ever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." (Paraphrase of John 3: 16. I strongly believe that our Lord did not "waste" His sacrifice on some but the "some" wasted their opportunity to receive God's gift of salvation.

• 3 weeks later...
Question 9 - 1                         Isaiah 52: 13 to Isaiah 53 :12

The set of people from which God removes sin probably depends on whom is answering the question.  As one reads this passage it appears at first glance that Isaiah is referring to the people of Judah for the whole of the book of Isaiah appears to be written to the exiles of Babylon.  However if one looks at the question from a christologial point of view one notices so many references that apparently refer to Jesus of Nazareth one must begin to think that somehow through God’s infinite power Isaiah was speaking, was foreseen a Messiah- like figure to come.  This was not a king-like figure.  “He had no form or majesty that we should look at him, nothing in his appearance that we would desire him”.  (53.2) this was not the normal picture held by the Messiah . However,  King David , the most glorious King of Israel , was the least of his many brothers .  Even Jesus’ disciples had trouble understanding Jesus’ role as a suffering Messiah. So from this christological  point of view Isaiah is referring to Jesus the Messiah.  And as Jesus told his disciples both in the first century and the 21st century to go into all the world and preach the gospel to all people.

I have been troubled by the option for universal salvation for some time.  The question has been around at least since the time of origin who pondered the question delicately.  This portion of scripture seems to leave such an answer open for it does not clearly state that there must be a contrition on the part of the ones to be redeemed. “For he was cut off from the land of the living stricken for the transgression of my people” . (Isaiah 53:8b)    And “ yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercessions for the people” (12c) .  In all of this there appears to be no call for confession but verses 11 and  12 of chapter 53 are  allowed declaration of resurrection.  

I do not think that we can consider Jesus’ sacrifice as ever been wasted.  If wd do, then we are setting ourselves up as a god thinking that (a) we have the answer, and (B) we are entitled to know who will be saved and who will not be saved.  That is in the nan ds of the unknown god who keeps God-self hidden and he only reveals to us what we need to know in revelation.  It seems as though we are on a need-to-know basis.  We must only trust in him just as Yahweh  pleads for the exiles to trust in him.  We do not seen to know another’s fate.  We just need to know that Jesus is Lord and that he will be with us forever.  We must realize and accept “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there until they have watered the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55: 10 -11)
also Isaiah says for God “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts”. (Isaiah 55:9)

winstony

• 3 weeks later...

(Isaiah 53) From how large a group does God remove sin in Isaiah 52:13-53:12?    In what sense is this a universal  sacrifice of salvation?  In what sense is Jesus' sacrifice wasted on some people?

Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was done for the universal atonement of sin for all of humanity.  Jesus' sacrifice is wasted on some people in that they don't recognize Jesus as the Messiah and that He died and shed His blood for the atonement of their sin.  Many people don't believe in sin or a need for salvation.                                                                     

Q1. (Isaiah 53) From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12? In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation? In what sense is Jesus’ sacrifice wasted on some people?

Jesus' sacrifice on the cross was done for the universal atonement of sin for all of humanity.  Jesus' sacrifice is wasted on some people in that they don't recognize Jesus as the Messiah and that He died and shed His blood for the atonement of their sin.  Many people don't believe in sin or a need for salvation.       

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Isaiah 53) From how large a group of people does God remove sins in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12? In what sense is this a universal sacrifice of salvation? 

Is 52:15 so he will sprinkle many nations..

This passage specifically speaks of the Nations...

As far as "my people" repeatedly mentioned by Isaiah..this refers to all those who acknowledge Jesus as Lord in other words every Christian ..the new Israel. But as mentioned He did not die for Christians alone but also for the "many nations". How do these members of the Nations claim the saving Power? By accepting Jesus too.