JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. God Our Keeper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most vivid image I have right now of the LORD as my Keeper is in the sense of the gardener. Before He ever planted me, He had worked the soil of my environment to create the optimum growing medium. Then He carefully chose just the right place to plant me, where He knew I would grow best according to His plan and purposes for me with just the right mix of rocky challenges and neighboring obstacles to force my roots to dig down deep instead of spreading broad and shallow. Now He provides the constant nurturing of watering by His Spirit, nutrition from His Word, and energy of the sunshine of His radiant love. He tenderly oversees my growth, employing His "tough love" pruning when it is necessary to remove dead/diseased parts or to stimulate new growth and fruit production. He constantly checks to make sure that pests are not taking up residence and that weeds don't get a foothold in my growing space. He has encircled me with a protective fence to guard me from wild animals that would chew me up or predators that would steal my fruit.

What a blessing and assurance to know that I'm not just thrown out here on this earth to fend for myself. As His child, the LORD keeps watch over me in the greatest sense!

Thinking about God as my Keeper and Psalm 121 brought to mind that this Psalm was chosen by the Cherokee nation as their Psalm. Considering this and the plight of the American Indian I am assured that no matter the difficulties or hardships that I endure day by day, my God is watching over me, keeping me and leading me as I show go to attain the plan He has for me. In my distresses, at the end of this life of hardship, I will be in His presence. Oh what stength I draw from my Keeper!

By His Holy Spirit He guides me. He tells me when I am right or wrong, will admonish me when I start to stray. He leads me as I should go.

My Savior guards me from the devil, reminding me that the ememy attacks 24/7. He covers me with His blood and He, is my armour, my protecter.

He is my guardian against the world and it's enticements. He keeps me in check when I feel drawn back. He assigns His angel to watch over me in dangers I cannot anticipate.

My Keeper, my Savior, my Friend, our LORD.

In midst of everything which threatens our life, we need to be "kept" i.e. preserved, safeguarded. God is our Helper and Keeper, the Maker of heaven and earth watches over our life. No matter where our path in life leads, if we walk in His will, He will preserve us. He watches over us every minute and has promised: "I will not fail you, nor forsake you!"

The One Who keeps me is the One Who has kept Israel - He neither slumbers, nor sleeps. We are promised provision and divine security. To say that God stands at one's right side indicates that a person enjoys the blessings of God's favor. The Lord preserves us from all evil.

Those who are born again are "kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation". (1 Peter 1:5)

We can rest assured and declare the words of the Psalmist:

"I will both lie down in peace and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8)

"Now unto Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, both now and forever."( Jude 24-25)

God loves us so much and wants us to love Him in return. He knew before we were even born who would one day love Him and accept Him as Savior! I believe that is why He chose those to be His children. God made us with a blue print!

He gives us all a free will. We choose what we want to do with that blue print and change and erase it with, pride, hate, worshiping money, idols etc. We start rubbing out the blue print with our sin and we become less like the Lord and it is replaced by what we have become.

All those that come to Him, He will in no way cast out! Nothing or no one can take us out of His hand, when we accept Him as Savior. That is what it means when we say God is our Keeper. We then become His children and He will keep us from harm until we are with Him one day in Heaven. He will never leave us nor forsake us. That is what it means that He will guard us! God is Love!

WOW! It is almost too much for my heart to think He could love one such as I.

Q4. (Psalm 121). What does it mean that God is our Keeper. In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

God is our creator, our protector, the one who loves us unconditionally even when we don't return the love, he guides us through every storm and protects us from harm. He is our "ROCK". He is our "KEEPER". He keeps a mindful eye on us and he keeps us in check. Without him in my life I would be lost, blind, wandering hopelessly. He is my everything.

Q4. (Psalm 121). What does it mean that God is our Keeper.

The Hebrew word for Keeper is "shamar" meaning guardianship. There is a song in the pilgrims hearts as they journey up to Zion. It is one of intense assurance that their Keeper is Jehovah the Creator. His promise is to protect them. Their God never slumbers or sleeps, not like the god of Baal, who has to be awakened. 1King 18:27.

In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

1Co 1:8 He will keep you strong until the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 1:9 Faithful is the God by whom you were called into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is why we are going to make it, because God is Faithful. As the psalmist says, (Psalm 73:23) we are held by His right hand. As this pilgrim walks this walk of faith, I too sing a song of assurance in my God, the God of Zion.

What does it mean God is our keeper?

Your own commentary puts it better than I can. God watches over us and protects us always from our coming and for evermore. There is no time that He ceases to protect and shade us and there is no danger or threat that He cannot overcome.

In what ways does He "keep" or "guard" us?

God guards us from evil, from sin and from false beliefs. He sets out our path, a path that bring us to Him. That path is His word. Ultimately that keeping or guarding leads through Jesus to our salvation and everlasting life

Q4. (Psalm 121). What does it mean that God is our Keeper. In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

God is the creator of Heaven and Earth from the beginning. He watches over it without a paause (He neither slumbers nor sleeps). He is ever on hand to put things right. Jehovah Shamam means that He is ever present, watching guarding.He preserves us from evil, His is shade for us from the sun and themoon. He preserves us from all evil. (I think He does this by His Holy Spirit within us as a preservative?) He preserves our soul (emotions, mind will). He preserves our going out and coming in forever.

I believe He has given us His Spirit to be our helper, counsellor. Sensitivity to His Spirit will indeed preserve us from all evil for they are incompatible. His Spirit will gently direct and redirect us. Obedience to the Spirit is our safeguard. Obedience comes with love. When we love His Spirit and look to Him constantly, we will be kept safe from all evil for ever.

God is my keeper. I belong to Him & I am entrusted to His daily care & protection.

I trust in Him to guide me, feed me, keep me from wandering away from Him & into danger. lovingly disciplining me, protecting me, leading me into His righteousness. Of course, I need to stay near Him, rest in Him & keep the lines of communication open.

God is our keeper if we follow what He has instructed us to do. He guides us in the right direction and makes sure our needs are met. He gives through the prompting of the Holy Spirit, our very lives are directed and if we follow we have nothing to fear.

Praise God! He knows exactly what I need and when I need it. He knows where I should go and where not. I only have to listen to Him.

God is our Keeper means that God always keeps His eyes in us at day and night, from this time on and forevermore, never leaves us or foresake us. Keeping or guarding us without He will sleep and slumber. He keeps us from evil from our enemies.

He keeps or guards us in way that He send to us guardian angels or in way like what we have already learned before in chapter 2 in story in 2 Kings 6: 15-17 about what Elisha and his servant saw when they were surrounded by the army of King Aram, that God sent His armies from heaven to protect us from our enemies and evil.

God as our keeper, means that God has taken personal responsibility for our care and well being. He has obligated Himself to provide for us the things that life requires, i.e. food, shelter, rainment. God has purposely positioned Himself between us and our needs. He has become our source and resource. We look to Him. As keeper, our dependence becomes apparent when we're taught to ask for our "daily" bread. He preserves our coming and goings watching over us with a "eagles" eye.

Every day our enemy seeks to destroy us, in ways we cannot even imagine, as our keeper He see the firey darts of the wicked and either tells us to raise our shields or He Himself deflects them. As keeper, He invovles Himself in our affairs to lead us and guide us in a plain path. As our keeper He never at any time leaves us, His constant watch over us allows us to direct our energies for His work.

KING JAMES VERSION, NIV~THE SONG EXPRESSES ASSURANCE AND HOPE IN GOD'S PROTECTION DAY AND NIGHT.HE NOT ONLY MADE THE HILLS BUT HEAVEN AND EARTH AS WELL.WE SHOULD NEVER TRUST A LESSER POWER THAN GOD HIM-SELF.BUT NOT ONLY IS HE ALL-POWERFUL,HE ALSO WATCHES OVER US.NOTHING DIVERTS OR DETERS HIM.WE ARE SAFE.WE NEVER OUTGROW OUR NEED FOR GOD'S UNTIRING WATCH OVER OUR LIVES.

~~WE CAN DEPEND ON GOD FOR HELP.HE WILL GUARD US AGAINST THE ENEMY,GOD IS OUR KEEPER,HE CARES FOR US,HE SUPPORTS US,HE HAS CUSTODY OF US.GOD IS A CIRCLE AROUND US.A :rolleyes: MEN

Keeper is known as Guard. There is a doorkeeper at posh hotels, gaurds at big bungalows, at banks and places of importance. Their job is to safegaurd what is inside from hostile elements. Our God does that exactly. He keeps us away from all kinds of harm and danger. Protects us, physically, spiritually from all opposition and strengthens us from the inside. Protection is for defense as well as for growth. We grow knowing well that there is a keeper out there who will not allow anything to stunt our growth in the spirit and in fellowship with the Father. Gaurds us from falling into various temptations and wayward dealings. All this is done, provided we let God be our Keeper and Gaurd. Otherwise we will be exposed to the evil elements and be annhilated. Our God and Keeper does not let that happen.

He is our help in times of trouble. He is our guard in time of attack. He will never leave us or forsake us he will be with us unto the end. He is more than enough for every trial and he will never let us down. He is our God our hope our help. He is the GREAT I AM. The Sure Foundation our Rock. He is my everything at all times and he loves with a never ending love. Oh how Sweet to know our God and to be able to go unto him through the blood of his Son Jesus. I love you Father and thank you for my brother Jesus who died for me and for your protection which I am under at all times. Praise your Holy name. :wub:

What does it mean that God is our Keeper?

He watches over us and cares for us.

In what ways does He "keep" or "guard" us?

By watching over us and defending us against the enemy.

In this pslam it suggests that God is with us always day and night. It seems to imply that he is

as a man that guards a city and he is watching out for people that attack us in many ways and

that he guards us from anything that would harm us physically or spiritually.

I feel he guards us by sending angles when we are in harms way, alerting us in our spirits when

we are ready to fall spiritually, giving us a physical hint headache, thought or just opening our

eyes to dangers we are to fall into as a stone infront of us. We may just stop because of a noise and

then look down to see a danger. He may alert a friend or companion or family member to

alert us of some thing they see as a danger area. He made a donkey talk in the bible to warn someone

he will certainly warn us some way.

He will keep us by letting us read something that convicts us of some spiritual fall or that we may fall

if we keep it up.........................

I feel God uses any way to protect those his children when we stumble off in a wrong direction but he

sometimes lest something happen that hurts to awaken us to even more dangeous things ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

We express our assurance and hope in God's protection day and night.God places us under His unbrella of protection.God guards us against the dangers that threaten to destroy our life and keeps us from evil. He not only made the hills, but heaven and earth as well. We should not trust a lesser power than God himself. But not only is he all-powerful, he also watches over us.Nothing diverts or deters him. We are safe. We never outgrow our need for God's untiring watch over our life.

God is our keeper in that He guards our spirits from the evil of this life and the perials that satan throws our way every day if we give Him first place in our hearts. He will not force Himself on us it must be by our choosing and our commitment that we give our selves to His control. He gives us His word,His Son,and His Spirit to guard our thoughts and actions daily as we dedicate each day to serving Him in the best way we can.

To say that God is our keeper means that God watches over us. He guards us and takes care of us. He is always there for us to protect us and shield us from evil. He will not allow us to be hurt in any way.

In times of trouble God is our stronghold. He keeps us from all evil. He keeps our going out and our coming in and He is our shade. He shades us from the sun stricking us in the day and from the moon in the night.

Oh how i love the protection of the Lord. Thank you Father for your love upon us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...