JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. The Lord Will Provide

Q1. (Genesis 22:1-14) Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac? What support do you have for your position? Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God? In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs? Any conditions?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Genesis 22:1-14) Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac? ----- No, I do not believe Abraham was expecting God to provide a sacrifice.

What support do you have for your position?

God, (el o heem) spoke an order to Abraham. (to test him, a time for Abraham to show his true character.)

Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Gen 22:3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ***, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

I must think back to a time of great joy for Abraham when Ismael was born, whom he loved, he also had another son with his wife Sarah, named Isaac, of whom he loved. When Ishmael was mocking the joy of Sarah found in Isaac, Sarah said to Abraham, "cast out Hagar and Ismael." Abraham loved Ishmael and did not want to do so, but here again by faith in God, he was willing to obey God as seen in V12 God said to Abraham, "Do not let it be displeasing in you sight because of the lad or Hagar. Listen to Sarah , in Isaac his seed would be called." Now Abraham is told to sacrifice his other son. The word does not tell us what his thoughts were, it only shows us his faith in God. When Abraham said to the men with him, "we will be back." I see "FAITH" speaking, God would bring Isaac back to life. Abraham believed God when He said, in Isaac his seed would be called.

Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God? Many, many, times. Such a joy to serve this awesome God.

In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs?

Phi 4:18 You have paid me in full, and I have more than enough. Now that Epaphroditus has brought me your gifts, you have filled my needs. Your gifts are a soothing aroma, a sacrifice that God accepts and with which he is pleased. Phi 4:19 My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus. (MY NEEDS, there have been times I was looking for my WANTS.)

Any conditions? YES. what pleases God, what is a soothing aroma? Eph 5:2 Live in love as Christ also loved us. He gave his life for us as an offering and sacrifice, a soothing aroma to God.

Eph 5:3 Don't let sexual sin, perversion of any kind, or greed even be mentioned among you. This is not appropriate behavior for God's holy people.

Eph 5:4 It's not right that dirty stories, foolish talk, or obscene jokes should be mentioned among you either. Instead, give thanks to God. All thanks and praises to you my wonderful God.

I think that Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice.

This is because 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering. I think that Abraham knew in a way he was being tested and that he believed that in the end God would send a sacrifice of a lamb or even bring Isaac back if need be. For Abraham he truly put his faith in God. Then God sent an angel 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God. And Abraham faith paided off 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took he ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

I have to agreen with blessed me with answer to Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God?.

I believe that Abraham was hopeful that God would provide a sacrificial lamb but may have, also, had moments of doubt. However, as a God fearing man he found no other solution but to obey and trust God's demand, although with a heavy heart.

In telling the story of Abraham, in the Old Testament, you find where God has tested his faith on several occasions;Abraham always obedient and never unrewarded. Abraham trusted God's sovereignty and mercy.

Many times has God provided, especially in moments when I have needed His blessing the most. Has there been conditions? Sometimes. There has been times in which the condition called for making a decision that has tested my faith and trust in Him. At other times it has felt like a cool breeze caressing my face on a beautiful, lazy Sunday afternoon; a gift from God!

Praise be to God...God is Great...

YES I do believe Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice! Why would He, God give them a child in their old age just to take him away from them. Abraham believed a sacrifice would be given - he was a man of great faith - therefore he could tell his servants that they would be back after they worshipped. I also believe that Abraham and Isaac did worship God and asked the Lord to supply the lamb and Yes He did!

YES, YES, YES I have received many last-minute provisions - tooooo many to mention! Even as a child I remember the Lord providing to my parents at the 12th hour. I then knew that there was a God and even then loved our precious Lord and Saviour, my Precious Jesus who loved all little children. Only later in life did I really get to know Him and give Him my heart, body and soul.

We can expect God to supply our needs in so many circumstances. HOWEVER it seems that we have to live a RIGHTEOUS life first. "But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and His RIGHTEOUSNESS; and ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE ADDED unto you." Matthew 6:33, KJV "And my God WILL MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

Ask and it shall be given unto you! Knock and the door shall be opened! Search and you shall find! Give and it will be given unto you!

Thank you Father for loving me first!

[font=Century Gothic]Q1. (Genesis 22:1-14) Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac? What support do you have for your position?

I believe that Abraham believed that God would provide a sacrifice. He told this to his son in faith, because God had tested Abraham on many previous occassions and Abraham was aware that this was another test. He knew that before it was over God would provide the sacrifice but his faith had to be tested. It goes without saying that God does test our faith. He knows what we will do, but he still test us, not for his sake but for our sake. We are the ones that the test are to benefit. We become aware of our loyalty to God through these test. Kind of like checks and balances. We get tested and we learn if we are truly believers in God. What everything means to us versus what he means to us. Is there anything on this earth more valuable to us than God's love? Would we give him all we have to prove to him that nothing is above him? Can we prove that our loyalty belongs to him when we are tested?

Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God?

He has provided last minute provisions to me for all of the 45 years I have existed on this earth and he continues on beyond this date. I know God is my provider and if he doesn't give it to me it's because it is not neccessary for me to have.

In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs? Any conditions?

We can expect God to supply all our needs unless those needs are against his will or any form of evil he will not provide you with these things. He provides all goods things to his people.[/font]

My impression is that, although Abraham was told by God to prepare Isaac for the sacrifice, and was actually thinking in those terms, that he spoke prophetically when he told Isaac that the Lord would provide. I believe the Lord put those words in his mouth. It probably surprised him to hear those words come out of his mouth. So much so that he continued on with the original plan, which was what he had agreed with God to do.

When you have an agreement with God, you continue with it until he shows you otherwise. Abraham had got his whole mind and thinking around the sacrifice he was asked to make. He was totally committed to it because God had asked it of him. Plan B was bubbling up from the interior territory of God's presence in him, but it surprised him, and didn't actually change his thinking. He knew what he had been asked. Commitment is not easily broken.

I cried out to God once when I had tremendous headaches and needed someone to come to my house and help me. Someone came within two minutes. He had a word from God saying that he must come to my house. It was the most incredible comfort that Father paid such attention to my cry.

God is able to supply our needs in any circumstance "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory"

There is a condition, - "according to His riches in glory" . God has great riches in glory. But we need to provide Him with His throne of praise and worship so he can present Himself amongst us. This working with God has to be a mutual thing, as indeed it was with Him and Abraham. Abraham was the friend of God to the extent that he certainly heard it when God had something to say to him, and responded vitally (= quick and lively!) I think this relationship is essential to receiving God's blessing in it's fullest sense. However, I think plenty of people receive God's blessing and never know it, eg my adult children who are not yet Christians. I believe God has watched over their lives and blessed them many a time that they have no knowledge of.

QI (1): To Abraham, Yahweh had provided a sacrifice; Issac. He had told his son the truth. (2): Hebrews 11:17; "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Issac; and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son."(3): Our mission is located in Florida, in a rapidly growing community, which is forcing out the poor and needy. In 1994 the city via the powerful neighborhood associations tried to close our homeless shelter. As we went through the process to remain open, we lost at every level until we had to appeal to city council. We prayed and fasted and on that day, we were confident, by the Holy Spirit, that we would prevail. In order for the ministry to be victorious, the city had to have a super-majority vote by council. One member abstained, four voted aginst us and, on the very last vote, we won. God tried us until the very end and as a result, we became all the more confident in, and faithful to, the Lord Jesus. (4): Ours lives are hid in Christ. He fulfills our every need, in every circumstance and we must give thanks to Him in all things. (5): We're talking agape love here, unconditional love. Praise Him!

"By FAITH Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaak, and he who had received the promise offered up his only begotten son, of whom it was said "In Isaak your seed shall be called", concluding that God was able to raise him up even from the dead.."

Abraham did not depend on his feelings - the terrible pain and his heart brokenness, but he wholly trusted his Covenant Partner - Jahweh and His promise and provision. Since Abraham had already experienced the resurrection power of God in his own body, he knew that "nothing is too hard for God" - be it resurrection from the dead, or provision of a Lamb. The I AM sees the need and provides in His perfect timing.

As missionaries my husband and I have many a times received last-minute provision. We walk by faith daily and experience God's hand of favor upon us. We have learned to completey trust in Yahweh as Our Source, Our Provider, Our Shield and Our great reward! He has never failed us! It is such an honor and priviledge to serve this Great and Mighty God!

This leads to the last part of the question: In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs? Any conditions?

As we seek to further and expand His Kingdom here on earth and His righteousness being restored, we can have the assurance that all we need for this cause will be provided. When God blesses us with prosperity it should not be spent selfishly, but used for the pupose of furthering and promoting God's Kingdom here on earth.

I think Abraham totally expected God to provide a lamb for the sacrifice. I think he spoke in faith when he told his servants "We will be back". I don't think he was trying to convince himself or be dishonest to Isaac when he assured his son that God would provide the lamb for sacrifice. Yahweh had repeatedly confirmed His promise of an heir, Abraham's own son that would lead to a great nation of people. Abraham bore the marks of the covenant God made with him on his own body, as he had been circumcised and set apart for God. The child Isaac was a miracle in itself, and I think Abraham knew deep within that Yahweh would protect His covenant promise somehow in a miraculous way. He believed in God's provision. But in the moment of truth, when it didn't look as though the LORD was going to come through, Abraham was willing to do exactly what he had literally been told to do. He believed in God's authority and ability to bring the covenant promises to pass any way He chose.

The main criteria for God to supply my needs is (1) I belong to Him - redeemed and adopted through Christ, (2) I have faith in what the Lord has said about Himself and His promises, (3) I obey what He has instructed me to do through the power of the Spirit as He works to develop the holy character of Christ in me. All of that means I'm in His will. He is responsible for accomplishing His will, so He will provide for my needs to that end. When I desire and go after His righteousness, He has promised rich, abundant provision.

Do you think that Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac?

I am sure that Abraham told his son about the Lord's provision as an excuse. I am sure when he had laid Isaac on the sacrificial pyre he fully meant to kill him as God had instructed and would have done if the angel of the Lord had not intervened. Although there is no mention of a struggle by Isaac, I take that as being obedience to his father and not evidence that he was not fearful of what was about to happen.

Did you receive a last minute provision from God?

Yes, I believe many times. The first was when I had been invited to a Christian Union meeting at uni. I was indifferent to what I heard and felt certain that I would not be going to another meeting. On the way back, a voice inside me seemed to insist that I ask my host why he was a Christian and what it was like to follow Jesus even though when I asked I thought I would be indifferent to the answer and what "just being polite". The conversation and our prayers together that followed was the turning point in my life. Shortly afterwards I became born again in Jesus when I was baptised and have been His disciple ever since. I often wonder what would have happened if I had not asked the questions I did. In all likelihood I would have not been saved. Instead I would have been another sacrifice to sin. As it turned out, Jesus had made that atoning sacrifice for me.

In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs? Any conditions?

God will supply all my needs and answer my prayers in a manner that will suit His plan for my life. The conditions are that I must remain in Jesus and follow His teaching; I must believe in Him and have no doubt; if I pray it must be for the right motives; I must not habitually sin and I must lead a righteous life faithfully following the Bible's teaching in all I do.

Yes! God had supplied his needs for 100 yrs. and provided fertility for Sarah late in life to provide a true heir for him so why would He not provide a sacrifice. In vs. 5, Abraham told his servants that they would worship and then they would come back to them.

If we seek God and stay in relationship with God, He will supply all our needs. Our needs not our wants!! We must stay in fellowship and talk to Him daily and have the faith that it will be done. God doesn't put conditions on helping us because that is His Character (nature) and what He loves to do for us. He has asked us to love one another as He has loved His Church. Who is the Church?? We are....

Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac?

I think at that time Abraham fully expected to sacrifice Isaac as God instructed him to do. (And Abraham took the knife and lifted it up to kill his son as a sacrifice to the LORD. (niv)) Just as he didn't fully know the greater thing God would do to provide a sacrifice, in His Son Jesus, for all. Abraham named the place "The LORD Will Provide." This name has now become a proverb: "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided." (niv)

Did you receive a last minute provision from God? Yes, many times. Did I expect and prepare for them, no. Because God had provided in a way I did not expect it took me by complete surprise, especially my salvation. And that is a story that would take too long to tell in this forum.

In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs? Any conditions? God says that if we remain faithful and just He will provide for all our needs.

NO,I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE ABRAHAM KNEW WHAT GOD WAS GOING TO DO.HE JUST TOOK ISAAC UP ON THAT MOUNTAIN PRAYING GOD WOULD DO SOMETHING.I BELIEVE HE JUST TOLD ISAAC THOSE COMFORTING WORDS SO HE WOULD NOT BE AFRAID.I'M SURE ABRAHAM AND ISAAC DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS,BUT I BELIEVE ABRAHAM WAS GOING TO OBEY GOD EVEN THOUGH HE WAS HURTING SO INSIDE KNOWING WHAT GOD HAD TOLD HIM TO DO.ABRAHAM HAD TO HAVE HAD A LOT OF TRUST AND FAITH IN WHAT GOD HAD ASKED HIM TO DO.WHEN ABRAHAM HEARD GOD'S VOICE THE MOMENT HE RAISED THE KNIFE"GOD THEN PROVIDED"THE RAM.I BELIEVE ABRAHAM WAS SO THANKFUL,MORE THAN WHAT WE COULD EMAGINE.I BELIEVE THEIR EYES WERE OPENED UP TO WHAT A GREAT PROVIDER GOD REALLY IS,AND ALSO HOW MUCH GOD LOVED THEM BOTH.AND NOW AS WE READ GODS WORD IN THIS GREAT EVENT,I BELIEVE GOD WANTS US TO REALIZE HE IS OUR PROVIDER,AND WE SHOULD TRUST GOD

LET US NOT FORGET GOD HAS PROVIDED GRACE AND TRUTH (JESUS CHRIST)THAT WE WILL HAVE LIFE INSTEAD OF DEATH IF WE ONLY BELIEVE.

YES,GOD HAS PROVIDED FOR ME MANY TIMES.YEARS AGO GOD PROVIDED ME WITH A CHECK IN THE MAIL,WHEN I HAD NO MONEY TO FEED MY CHILDREN.(LAST MINUTE PROVISION).ALSO GOD PROVIDES IN OUR ANSWERED PRAYERS.GOD PROVIDES FOR US IN MANY WAYS.EVERYTHING WE HAVE IS A PROVISION.WE JUST DON'T THINK OF IT THAT WAY.I DON'T BELIEVE GOD PROVIDES EVERYTHING WE WANT.IT'S NOT OUR WANTS THAT NEED PROVISION,IT'S WHAT GOD KNOWS WE REALLY NEED TO GET US THROUGH THIS PRECIOUS LIFE GOD HAS GIVEN US.JUST THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE OR TWO.HOW MUCH HAS GOD PROVIDED FOR US THAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED IN EVERYDAY LIFE?

I believe God wanted to see if Abraham would indeed sacrifice his son. Abraham indicated that he & the boy would return--they were going up to worship. He might have been fearful too, somewhat, but he trusted God. Isaac was his miracle child. God had told Abraham that He had great plans & progeny (sp?) for Abraham through Isaac. He didn't know what God was going to do, but He knew God would keep His promises to him.

Yes, God will always provide for our needs--our needs, not our wants! It has to be within His purposes and plans. We must pray, keeping the lines of communication open to Him, and believe & obey Him.

Q1. (Genesis 22:1-14) Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac? What support do you have for your position? Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God? In what circumstances can we expect God to supply our needs? Any conditions?

Definitely yes. Look at 22:5. What does Abraham say to his servants? He said to his servants, 'Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.'" (Genesis 22:3-5) Doesn't this verse clearly give us an idea that Abraham knew very well that Isaac will be with him when he returns after the sacrifice. What a great faith!!!

Last minute provisions are always miraculous. There are so many instances we can quote out of our own lives or lives of our near and dear ones who have benefited from the last minute provisions of our Lord.

Yes, God will supply all our needs as long as we are in true need, not our wants. Conditions do exist. Again we can go back to Abraham's story. "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided." (Genesis 22:13-14)

Yes, we have to be on the mountain of the Lord. What is the mountain of the Lord. It is holiness, friendship with God, closeness or constant fellowship with him. When we are that close, we will know what to ask the Lord according to His will, and God will surely honor our request.

I believe that Abraham was expecting God to provide a sacriface. Isaac was the promised heir. God had promised Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars. This couldn't very well happen if the child of promise was sacrifaced.

There has been many times in my life when I have gotten a last minute provision from God. Just one example. Years ago I needed a new winter coat really bad but at the time couldn't afford to buy one.

One of my fellow workers asked if I could use a coat and I told her I could. She brought it to work the next day and it fit perfect. I wore it for years.

God will provide our needs as long as it is according to His will and we our obedient to His commandments.

He promises to give us what we need, not what we want. Too many Christians use Phil 4:19 as kind of a carte blanche. They figure, God promises to meet my needs so I can ask for anything I want.

We are to seek His kingdom first.

I think that Abraham was truely expecting to sacrifice his son. It was a common practice of other groups of people around him so it really wasn't totally an unexpected request from God. He demonstrated his faith in God by obeying. I think God gave Abraham the words to say to his son Isaac. Sometimes I am surprised to what comes out of my mouth when I am speaking what I feel in my heart that the Lord wants me to say. Abraham had such a close intimate relationship with Isaac that He was speaking the words of the Lord God. It was not the words that he, Abraham, had thought of himself. In other words, Abraham was a prophet - speaking the words of the Lord as he heard them in his heart.

God provides our needs all the time and most of the time it is at the last minute. For example, I was bringing a friend to a very large county hospital in downtown Chicago last fall. I dropped her off at the ER door and asked the Lord to give me a parking place. I asked him which way I should turn out of the ER entrance and I felt He said right. I turned right and immediately in front of me a car pulled out and I just slipped right in! Now that is provision of our needs and waiting at the last second to give it!! He is always waiting for us to ask because He always has an answer for us. Most of the time we don't receive is because we don't ask! The other condition is that we must believe that He will answer. When I ask him for a provision, I wait to see his answer without putting on time restrictions or conditions. He knows my situation and I will wait on Him to answer in his own time and way.

I absolutely am in agreement that Abraham was expecting God to provide a sacrifice other than His son Isaac. Abraham told his servants that both Isaac and himself would be back. He also told Isaac that God would provide the sacrifice. (Genesis 22:5) I believe he whole heartedly trusted God. He knew God. He knew God's heart. He knew God required obedience and Abraham knew God required his all. It is recorded that Abraham was a man of great faith in many ways, (Romans 4:1-3, Romans 4:13-25) and I don't think this time was any different.

I have received many last minute provisions from God. I receive provision from Him daily! He is always faithful! The question for us is, do we believe in God, or do we believe God? I know God supplies all our needs, but not all our wants. Even then though, as we trust Him, He delights in giving abundantly to us, but He will never give anything bad to us or that will harm us. I have seen Him answer prayers for me though, that I thought were needs, but later realized were really just wants. But the key was.... He was faithful to cleanse and purify first, so all was good! That takes obedience and patience in the wait...but faith to know He can and will do it!

I do think there are conditions for us. To have Him number one in our lives, to trust Him to do things His way and in His time. To be in relationship with Him and presenting all to Him in prayer. To have and act on the same faith and in the same way Abraham did. Your faith makes you right with God....but please remember to say thank you! He gives so much daily to us. He is so good to us!

All in all....it's still the same today as then! A matter of faith!

I think personally that Abraham was expecting God to supply a sacrifice deep in his heart... yet he knew

that he was going to have to be obedient to God in walking out what God asked him to do.... To show God

he would sacrifice Issac if God wanted him to ....

What I base my position on and I wish I had the first verse but I remember that God promised Abraham

that his decendents would be as the sands of the sea or as the stars in the sky

both measuring uncountable. In Gen.22:5 He tells the servants stay here and we not I will return to you.

At this time I cannot remember a specific incidence of recieving a last minute porvision but I know that

it has happened to me yes. - more than once. O yes, I wanted to attend a conferance in Indiana very very

badly at one time and did not have the transport. or the money for tickets. At the last moment a lady had

to stay home and offered her tickets including meal tickets and it was with a group who took me with them

and I stayed in the place they stayed all was taken care of transport , lodging and meals. God provided my

heartfelt wish in full.

In order for him to fulfill our heartfelt need I feel we must have a personal relationship with him and be in

good fellowship with him not fallen in sin in any areas at the time I hate to call it not being back slidden because I do not believe in loseing salvation but I know being human we sin and though we are still saved

God forbid we sin and keep in it we must confess and turn away from sin and go tword a relationship renewal

with our God.

Secondly we must ask and when it says needs / God our Father knows our needs but he really wants us to

Ask and be in relationship with Him... talk to him of what we need and thank Him for it. once He provides

I think also he expects us to be giving people and careing for others. Paul thanked the people providing his

needs where he was working with a church I think in philipians 4. and then He said God shall supply all your

needs acc. to his riches and glory. God would supply their needs because they were thoughtfull and giving

in supporting Pauls needs. God likes people to be giving and careing and in return he will supply careingly

for us.

so the conditions would be salvation/ relationship with him and Asking Him and being kind and charitable to

others and giving with a thankfull heart to tithe and to missionary activities and to those we know in our

own chruch , family, community that are in need.

He actually believed that God would provide a sacrifice, or that he'd have to raise his son from the dead, because God promised him a son. Even though Abraham lived amongst idolators, and they were involved with child sacrifice, he'd heard the voice of the true God and he believed Him. Issac was the long awaited son that his two visitors had promised would come even though both Abraham & Sarah laughed, God fullfilled His promise in their old age.

Once I was in need of some money and didn't know where I would get it from, the Lord spoke to my spirit and directed me to cash in one of my savings bonds (now I knew that it hadn't reached it maturity date nor the customery 30-60 days before you can even get the face value) but like Peter, according to your word I went to the bank and they cashed it without question.

God will supply all our needs according to His perfect plan for our lives. When our needs are in conjunction with His purpose to bless or reveal Himself to us or others expect God to provide. I'm reminded of the Prophet who died and left his widow with an outstanding debt, she being fearfull that they would take her sons cried to the Prophet who instructed her to get all the pots she could and go into her home and shut the door and pour, she ran out of pots then the oil stayed. She then payed her debt and lived off the remainder.

Conditions? Yes. Obedience to Him, Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Abraham believed God to the point he had to be called twice to stay his hand from slaying his only child.

Q1. (Genesis 22:1-14) Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac?

Abraham had seen the hand of God at work and he knew God would not lie. Even if he had sacrificed his son the God he serves would be able to raise him up again.

He had promised Abraham that his seed should be as the sands of the sea and like unto the stars in the sky. As we read this today we see he was saying to Abraham your only son several times. God would not kill of the way of keeping his word to him.

Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God? Yes

He will supply all our needs as we know by the words of the scripture.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

Any conditions?

There are always conditions. God says to us in the word at all times I will do this IF you do that. God promises come with conditions. One of them being that we know what the promises are and follow his ways for our lives. His ways are higher than our ways his thoughts higher than our though's.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33, KJV)

The condition here is that we seek first the kingdom of God. That is how he works and always has worked.

• 2 weeks later...

When Isaac was born, was not God's promise of numerous descendants to be fulfilled through this child. Abraham believed that God had his best in mind and Abraham was right. He believed that no matter what God required of him, his obedience to God's plan was most important. Abraham believed,trusted,that God would still make his promises come true,with or without his son isaac. Our faith in God's program may be confronted by similar tests.

We must be ready to follow through with obedience. Our time for testing is already here and has been here since birth. If we obey, and allowed God in our life,and anyone who believes in him will have the means for discovering a new life now and through eternity as well

When Isaac was born, was not God's promise of numerous descendants to be fulfilled through this child. Abraham believed that God had his best in mind and Abraham was right. He believed that no matter what God required of him, his obedience to God's plan was most important. Abraham believed,trusted,that God would still make his promises come true,with or without his son isaac. Our faith in God's program may be confronted by similar tests.

We must be ready to follow through with obedience. Our time for testing is already here and has been here since birth. If we obey, and allowed God in our life,and anyone who believes in him will have the means for discovering a new life now and through eternity as well

(Genesis 22:1-14) Do you think Abraham was really expecting God to provide a sacrifice, or that was just what he told Isaac?

No, I think Abraham believed without a doubt that God wanted him to sacrifice Isaac & when he assured Isaac that God would provide the sacrifice, it was just something he told Isaac so as not to totally scare the tripe out of him.

Because Abraham even pulled out his knife ready to sacrifice Isaac who he had already bound up.

Did you ever receive a last-minute provision from God?

Yes.

I was on my trail bike about to be hit by a car traveling at normal speed on my left hand side. There was no way I could avoid being hit & I screamed out