JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Laying Down Voluntarily

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. How does Jesus voluntarily laying down his life for you encourage you? How does it speak to your value and worth as a person? What does it inspire you to do?

It shows the love that Jesus and his Father has for mankind. It gives me such joy and peace of mind and confidence that even though I do not feel worthy of such sacrifice, that Jesus loves me and was willing to die for me. This inspires me to continue taking in knowledge of the Bible, to follow the commandments as required, and continue living the life as a Christian, and give praise and thanks to God.

Q4. How does Jesus' voluntarily laying down his life for you encourage you?

Jesus voluntarily took the beating and had his beard pulled out and the crown of thorns jammed on his head. Then he went to the cross. This is almost impossible to believe if I think about in human terms. The King of Kings and Lord Of Lord had the power to blow every person of the face of the earth if he so chose.

"Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matthew 26:53).

Yet he humbled himself to the point of letting people he created do this to him.

He did this so we could be in fellowship with him in heaven. What humility and what love

How does it speak to your value and worth as a person?

How could he love a sinner like me that much?

What does it inspire you to do?

I just want to submit and obey and try to become a little more like Him every day.

Since Jesus voluntarily laid His life down for me to take on the wrath (or judgment) of God upon our sins that was meant for me, I can put on His life as I voluntarily serve Him as my Lord and Savior in praise and thanksgiving for all that He did for me. We are His own people since He voluntarily gave His life up for our lives, and thus we are more valuable then the sparrows and other birds in the air, the lilies and the grasses of the field or anything else in this world because the Lord redeemed us to be His own people and will someday soon clothe us to be in heavenly glory with Him forever. This inspires me to praise, worship and thank Him for all that He did for me, and to serve Him better here and throughout eternity. Amen!

First of all, knowing Jesus voluntarily laid down His life for me is extremely humbling. And, remarkably, it's in my humility that the LORD will exalt me. It is encouraging to know that I am so highly prized that He would be willing to give so much to redeem me and make me holy. It's nearly impossible for me to grasp the truth that in the Father's sight, I am holy because Christ died for my sins. All hope lies in that truth. I am a participant with Christ in everything gained by His death. My eternal existence is going to be unfathomably glorious with Him! And my earthly journey on the way to heaven is guided, guarded, and empowered by Him. All this was gained for me because Jesus chose to die on my behalf. I'm so unworthy of such esteem!

Thankfully, I learned many years ago that my true worth and value are rooted in who I am in Christ. In facing life, that has made me a stronger and more confident person because I know I'm so highly valued by my Creator. This inspires me to continue my search to know Him, really know Him and His transforming love. It inspires me to ask Him more honestly than ever to help me accept His will and submit to the death of my carnal nature as I'm called to participate in Christ's sacrifice. It inspires me to trust and praise Him in all circumstances, knowing that He would never abandon a child He treasures so much.

The body and blood of Christ would have been given in vain if the final outcome wasn't 100% secure. His sacrifice was enough. Nothing can ever take me from Him, and that's true worth and security to be safely treasured in the hand of God forevermore.

I am always astounded by the limitless love exhibited by God for allowing His Son to pay for my sins with His death, and even more, that Jesus would voluntarily lay down His life so that I may be redeemed. When I recall the depth of His suffering so that a way might be opened for me to join Him at God's right hand I am eternally grateful and know that there is no way that I can ever repay this sacrifice.

Q4. How does Jesus' voluntarily laying down his life for you encourage you? How does it speak to your value and worth as a person? What does it inspire you to do?

I really love it that when Jesus announced to the guards "I am", they fell down on the ground before Him. John 18:6. Not only did Jesus give Himself for us, he actually had to raise up and enable or allow the guards to do their work! It could not be more obvious who was in control of that situation! At other times when people wanted to kill Jesus He simply left them. Never, at any given moment in Jesus' life, was He not in total possession of the whole situation. This is my Lord. He is still the same, yesterday, today, forever the same. He's got the whole world in his hands. How foolish we would be to think otherwise.

The beauty of that is that, having made us in His own image, he gives us the same privilege - complete authority over our own choices, even about how we will respond to Him. How totally lovable is that? How wonderful to be able to relate to Him on those terms.

The way Jesus values me is absolutely .. I can't find the words. But nobody can take that away from me. I love Him because He first loved me. It couldn't be otherwise. His blood covers my sin, so great is his love. He's everybody's dream lover!

All my life Jesus has inspired me to put people above things. Never above Him, but above things I might prefer He values us so much that He took human form to pay the price of our sin. Therefore I also must put that value on human beings. It is the true value of a human being. Father showed me once that a very disabled Christian man was a prince in the kingdom of heaven and should be treated as such, that he had an annointing to live his life that way to test out our spirits. It frightened me and I thought of the Dives and Lazarus story. These people need to be treated like kings, and I have great pleasure in doing so. I have a picture in mind that when Jesus comes again and rules with His rod of iron, that poverty will be disabled, and the widow will have no idea of how poor she is, because nothing will be denied her. We can emulate that already within our churches, if we are real about Jesus. I don't think we are to take on the whole community necessarily, but to take care of those poor within the congregation so they, and particularly their children, have all that is needed (eg outings, music lessons etc).

Q4. How does Jesus voluntarily laying down his life for you encourage you? How does it speak to your value and worth as a person? What does it inspire you to do?

It incourages me in that I can know that Jesus is capable of doing What He has promised in bring me through and giving me a home with Him. If He had the courage to suffer and die for someone like me then His word is enough to confirmn my faith.

It allows me to know that no matter how worthless I feel. I am worth the life my saviour shed for me and the pain He indured. I am most highly favored when He gave me all the spiritual blessings in the Heavenly relms.

It inspires me to keep on keeping on till my Jesus comes to call me to that Home He has prepared for me. He inspires me to try and live for Him in all my life and not to fear my mistakes because He has already paid my sin debt. He who loves me so much I can only try to lead other to know that they to can have a place with Him if they choose. It inspires me to lead a live of faith and peace in the knowledge that I am truly redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ and am made a Son to share that great inheirtance that the Father had planned for me before I was even born.

I don't think that encourage is sufficient to describe what the Savior's sacrifice does for me. I mean, sure, I am encouraged to live each day for Him, to do the best that I am able to do for Him but, His sacrifice gave me life where I was dead. He gave me hope when I had none. He set me free when I was in bondage. My gosh! By His sacrifice He gave me His Holy Spirit, the Kingdom of God within for without, I would have absolutely no chance of eternity with Him. Encouraged, yes and more, much more.

Now I know that I am of great value to someone, God, the Creator of all things. There is nothing that man values to compare and as such I am inspired to give Him my life.

When I think of Jesus voluntarily laying down, His life for a sinner like me, it realy a very big honor for me and I should not dream of going back in my sinful , but to live for Him alone.

The voluntary laying his live encourages me because it indicates the tremendous magnitude of love Jesus had (still has) for me that he willingly went trough such agony just for me. This singular act made me a son of God and joint heirs with Jesus. I am not only redeemed, but I have been translated from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of the Light, the Kingndom of the Lord Jesus. I am a Prince, a priest and the son of the Most High God.

This should inspire me to worship, adore Him and to live a life of obedience to Him.

I don't think the word "encourage" could ever describe all Jesus has shown me through the sacrifice He offered for me. To understand, has become life transforming! I've never felt of any worth at all in my life. I didn't even want to live life anymore! Now, I'm not only loved and accepted and secure and peaceful and amazed and awed....I have a purpose! I have a future and hope and light and a sound mind and someone who is for me! I could go on and on!

I am overcome with gratitude when I read in the Bible all He gave me and asked the Father for....for me! How will we ever truly understand all of this? I don't think we can this side of Heaven, but I know I'm going to keep seeking Him with all my heart and soul and mind and with everything I've got! I get stronger every day.

What am I inspired to do? It's contagious! I want others to see His glory all over me.....and I want them to wonder who, how and why and if they can have this too....and then I want to tell them everything and watch them start to shine!

JOY!

This is a proclamation of unselfish love, to voluntarily lay down His life, they didn't take it HE GAVE IT!!

This speaks bucketloads and gives me hope, joy and peace as I continue to strive to be like Christ.

Inspires me to keep focused on the cross and what Christ did for me, to strive daily to pick up my cross and totally be obedient to my Lord and Saviour. :)

Just to think that "God so loved the World" - that includes me - that he voluntarily laid down His life on my behalf that I might have life and have it more abundantly. WOW! It is just an overwhelming sense of encouragement that spurs me on in my daily walk to do my best to become more and more like Jesus. HIS love in my life is what gives me value and worth. Apart from Him I have nothing and am nothing. But because of HIM I am a Child of the King with all that goes with this. He is my greatest source of inspiration as I journey through this old world headed towards my final home in glory. Praise His Name!

I am encouraged by Jesus' choice to die..to be a sacrifice for ME a sinner... I am loved by God for being who I am. Now it's Whose I am! I belong to Him! It inspires me to live my life that I might not be a snare to others coming to God, to be His witness, and to help others along my way to know Him & to encourage them to love Him too.

The encouragement given me by the deep love of Jesus Christ in His Sacrifice for my sins is to believe He must really love me in spite of how unlovable I can be . It shames me to consider how unworthy I am to receive the Grace of God in Christ....but oh how THANKFUL I AM TO BE ONE OF HIS SHEEP. He is my Shepherd and Lord, and Savior and my all in all, and it is necessary for me to be encouraged to live up to His Word the best I can so as to please and Glorify His Name. It is only being His child can I find any self worth in myself, for I KNOW without Him in my heart and soul, I would never be able to be saved from my sinfulness. His life is the Gift of Great Price in my life, unlike the treasure some men seek for their own glory, their treasures cannot possibly be measured beside the treasure of having Jesus in your heart and life and mind and soul for eternity....Such Love as this is beyond all measurements ...no depth, no height, no width can measure God's love for us, and neither can we discern His perfect Being to any degree of reality, for He is too ALMIGHTY.

So I seek to learn how to love HIm more, for I know my love is too small.

It makes His gift even greater. The arrest, trial and crucifiction of Jesus was not a series of calamatous events which unfortunately occurred. Jesus volunteered His life; He gave it willingly. How does this encourage me? It makes me want to follow Jesus more earnestly and to thank Him more for His sacrifice for me. It makes the sacrifice even more wonderful, even more loving. It shows how Jesus values each and everyone of us. His love reaches out to us. He will do anything for us even to the extent of volunteering His life for us. Obviously I must reciprocate as best I can. I must submit myself entirely to His will. I must give my all in return.

THE GREAT LOVE CHRIST DISPLAYED ON THE CROSS TOWARD ME PERSONALLY IS WHAT HAS TRANSFORMED MY LIFE.AT FIRST IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE IT APPLIED TO ME PERSONALLY, BUT THROUGH TRYING AND DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES, I REALISED HIS LOVE FOR ME.I REALISE NOW HOW PRECIOUS I AM TO GOD AND I BELONG TO HIM FOREVER.THERE WAS NO LOVE IN MY FAMILY GROWING UP, JUST A LOT OF CONTROL AND RELIGION.I STRUGGLED WITH MY IDENTITY AS A VALUABLE PERSON UNTIL I CAME TO KNOW HOW PRECIOUS HIS LOVE IS TOWARD ME.HIS LOVE IS UPLIFTING AND ENCOURAGING AND INSPIRES ME TO WITNESS AND SHARE THIS GREAT LOVE WITH OTHERS.HE HAS LIFTED MANY HEAVY YOKES OFF MY LIFE AND HELPED ME TO OVERCOME LOW SELF- ESTEEM AND SHOWN ME A BRAND NEW PATHWAY IN MY JOURNEY.

Q4. How does Jesus' voluntarily laying down his life for you encourage you?

It encourages me that when times of questioning my beliefs that I remember that Jesus laid down His life for me. Before He did that, He paused to ask God , is this really what You want? Jesus did what He taught. He set the example, when He prayed first before all things. I need to keep that in mind before I make decisions because I don

I don't think the word "encourage" could ever describe all Jesus has shown me through the sacrifice He offered for me. To understand, has become life transforming! I've never felt of any worth at all in my life. I didn't even want to live life anymore! Now, I'm not only loved and accepted and secure and peaceful and amazed and awed....I have a purpose! I have a future and hope and light and a sound mind and someone who is for me! I could go on and on!

I am overcome with gratitude when I read in the Bible all He gave me and asked the Father for....for me! How will we ever truly understand all of this? I don't think we can this side of Heaven, but I know I'm going to keep seeking Him with all my heart and soul and mind and with everything I've got! I get stronger every day.

What am I inspired to do? It's contagious! I want others to see His glory all over me.....and I want them to wonder who, how and why and if they can have this too....and then I want to tell them everything and watch them start to shine!

JOY!

Wow, A fellow sojournor. I too wanted to die, back in January 04 and God reached right in and saved me. Now I am more alive than I have been in 47 years. Your reply here, made me wanna go outside and sing with the stars and shout with the sons of God.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

One day soon, they too will sing again. Keep on shining! God is crazy about you!

IT SHOWS THAT GOD LOVES US SO MUCH THAT HE GAVE US SOMETHING SO PRECIOUS AND DEAR TO HIM SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM.

JESUS IS THE ULTIMATE EXAMPLE OF HOW GOD WANTS US TO BEHAVE. JESUS SHOWS US IN THE WORD HOW MUCH GOD LOVES US. AND HE WANTS US TO DO AS HE HAS DONE WE MUST TAKE UP THE CROSS AND FOLLOW HIM. JOHN 20:21 "Jesus therefore said to them again, "Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you."22 When he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit! 23 Whoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven them. Whoever's sins you retain, they have been retained."