JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Bearing Our Punishment

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: He stood as a subsgtitute in my place and suffered the death my sins deserved. Isaiah 53 clearly states He was punished for our sins. We may not understand this principle but it was clearly stated by Isaiah and repeated many times in the New Testament. One of my favorites is I Peter 2:24. He personally carried our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds. (New Living Bible Translation)

Jesus died upon the cross and took the punishment for me so that I might have a life with him free of sin because he loved me and wanted me to be able to love and be happy and to know him personally, for without him suffering and dying for my sins and my family we would be living a life of sin and this world would be a very sad place to live all the time.

My sin punishment is eternal death! No ifs, ands or buts. God is not

interested in animal sacrifices. How could the blood of a lamb, no matter

how perfect it may be. And, since I am so far from perfect, I cannot save

myself from eternal death. As Paul said, 'Woe is me! Who will save me?"

Paraphrased a bit! Jesus, because of His great love for us was willing to

come to earth, to live a perfect, sinless life, gather a group of disciples and

teach them His precepts to carry on after His death. He willingly went to the

cross, suffered immense rejection, hate, cruel scourging and torture, and

then the shame of the cross, separation from God because of MY sin! Yes,

His sacrifice on the cross truly pays for my sin, and gives me the right to

stand before the judgement seat, totally forgiven for my sin! What a

tremendous message of hope! Praise the Lord and Glory to His name!

I long only to serve Him in love and gratitude!

The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

Hello Everyone :)

Because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was crucified as a sacrifice to redeem all mankind, for all time, I am saved from eternal darkness. I believe Jesus rose from the dead, and so shall I, because He promised that it should be so. Jesus became my sacrificial Lamb. He knew of my personal need for redemption because he knew me, knew all my sins. All of Psalm 139 tells of God

Isaiah 53: 10

"Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,

and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,"

Isaiah 5312

"...because he poured out his life unto death,

and was numbered with the transgressors.

For he bore the sin of many,

and made intercession for the transgressors."

Jesus Christ paralleled His physical suffering (the process of His death on the cross) and His spiritual suffering (Matthew 27:46) with the spiritual punishment due me because of my rebelling and sinning against God's will and presence in my life; the punishment I deserved, yet, could never endure - eternal separation from God.

The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross? The ultimate punishment for sin is death, in allowing Himself to die in my place, I now have life! Abundent life, at that! Sin, as we all know, keeps us from having fellowship with the Father. In the Death of Jesus, on the cross, we can now, through Him, have open fellowship with God, the Father. Jesus was also called a man of sorrow's...I believe He also carried our sorrows, as He hung upon the cross, so that we can experiance "Joy un-speakable"...through our relationship with Him! :D I thank & praise Him for this new life. He also "took stripes" upon His body for my healing....Spiritual, emotional, & physical. Thank you Lord!! :P Love you all!..jaunita

Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross? Exposition

The punishment was the cruel death Jesus went through.Jesus took all the punishment I so deserve.Jesus even died and conquered death.Jesus has given me life through His victory.Jesus bore the punishment that was due to me,but through Him I can live eternity in heaven when I leave this earth.Amen.

Even though we will still have to undergo the death of our physical bodies one day, the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gave us the hope of being taken up to the heavens with Him on the day of His second coming along with all the other good people who lived on earth during the course of history. The servant gave us this hope when He took upon Himself the sins of mankind. I believe that before the servant's sacrifice, all we would experience at the end of our days was death itself and nothing else. But now that we have Christ who is mediating for us in the heavenly temple, we can rest assured that as long as we obey the Lord's commandments and accept Christ as our savior, we will one day wake up and join Jesus Christ and His angels and all the good people who lived on earth. That for me is more than sufficient. :D

#2 Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

When God substituted our lives and our certain death for our sin, with that of His precious son Jesus, He was providing a

Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

I am a sinner. I have knowingly sinned. I have sinned out of naivety. I continue to sin, without knowing what I have done. Because of my sin, I cause myself and others great sorrow and pain. Because of my sin, I deserve the punishment of sorrow, pain, and death. But because I am weak, I cannot overcome my sinful past, I cannot overcome my sorrow and pain, and most of all, I cannot overcome death. Without a saviour, I would suffer for eternity.

With incredible compassion and love, Jesus agreed to suffer my punishment for me. As He suffered my punishment, He showed me his suffering and death on the cross. As mankind, we watched Him shed his blood, we watched Him die. And He not only suffered for me, He was punished with a million and more deaths to save all of mankind. Only Jesus could overcome such pain and punishment. And as He died, Jesus asked God to forgive me! He suffered for my sins to free my soul.

_____Thank you Jesus!! Thank you for the gift of life. _____

The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

Jesus died for me. (Even though I know he died for everyone..) I think that it is the most awesome gift ever given to me or anyone else. I think about his sacrifice and I realize he suffered then for every sin I would commit in my lifetime...and it makes me sad to think even more than about being a sinner. But it makes me happy to know that I have an eternity to love him because of what he did for me...for you..for us all..past..present..and future....Thank you Jesus !

This is a tough question. What is the punishment we deserve when we sin? It is to be seperated from God. There are also other consequences as well. Jesus suffered, he was rejected by man, punished for things He never did, He was crucified. I don't really know how to describe what I am thinking. Even though Jesus was God as man, I think he must have felt the seperation from God the Father at some point while he was on the cross, see Mark 15:34. In my opinion, this would be the Jesus bearing the ultimate punishment deserved by sinners. In His case, it would be even worse than we could possible imagine, since we are imperfect and do not have anywhere near the capacity for a relationship with God that Jesus has, how could we possibly imagine how He felt during that time? I don't think we can comprehend the how alone Jesus felt.

Thank you Lord Jesus!

When Jesus died on the cross he indeed bore the punishment so well deserved by us. We are the ones that sin. Blood had to be shed for the remission of sin and because Jesus' blood was shed we are forgiven.

In the old Testament the priest interceded for the people and in the New Testament Jesus Christ intercedes for us. We could not stand the punishment we so rightly deserved. Jesus didn't cry out but took the punishment willingly until death.

Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross? Exposition

I was only 15 when I accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour. In my mind I didn't think I had that much to be forgiven of. I mean I was basically a good churching going kid who hadn't broken any of the 10 commandments as I knew them at the time. Then I realized that I had stolen a few comic books and I had disobeyed by parents numerous times and etc... the list went on. OK, so I had broken a few of the minor commandments, but I hadn't murdered or did drugs or slept around or anything else major. I wasn't that bad, and I did go to church alot so I figured that I was basically ok with God. Wrong again, God said that I deserved the death penalty for my sins right along with the murders sitting on death row. What a shock. Jesus Christ the Servant paid the price for my sins on the Cross at Calvary. I in turn thanked Him for that and accepted Him as my personal saviour. Several years later in college in committed my life to His service and was baptized in the San Marcos river. It has been a wonderful 19 years with Christ so far, and in faith I look forward to a life time of walking with Christ here on earth and an eternity of being with Him in heaven. Jesus definately beared the punishment due me when He died on the cross.

The single NT passage best summing up Isaiah 53 for me is the reiteration of the very text recorded in Acts 8: 32-33. Why? I can picture this happening as Phillip the Evangelist was led by the Holy Spirit to explain the passage to the treasurer of Ethiopia, the eunuch. Must have been a truly God-inspired explanation as the eunuch learned about Jesus. Look what happened to Phillip! lmc

Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross? He stood in as a substitute in my place. We cannot stand the punishment we deserve. Jesus steps in to take our punishment. He takes it until it kills Him - on our behalf.

Greetings All!

For me, this is simple. God long ago said that the punishmnet for sin (not doing His will) is death. Period. I have sinned. No doubt about it. The punishment due to me is death. Period. God has said, however, that he will accept the death of Jesus as payment in full for my sin IF I also accept it. It was in His mercy that He made this decision. And I gladly accept! This is my understanding.

Dave

;) I like to read what everyone writes (in their own words); it brings joy to my heart to see so many interested in God's Word. To answer the question: I told God the other day I feel Priveledged knowing He would manifest in the flesh, take on the World's sin ( from the begining to end). show us it is possible to be Victorious, He has it all under control... knowing we could not, cannot, and will not ever be able to Defeat Death/Sin without Him.

God being Longsuffering continues to carry the burdens of our sins... He goes through everything with you... All Knowing God... He is so very close to us. Knowing this... I am more aware now and consider the consequences... and quicker to prayer because of my weaknesses. Not only does He so lovingly reveal Himself, but also He is quick to come when we are in need; escpecially when we are about to fall. I would expect a Father to catch me... and He is ever so Faithful to carry through what He has said.

And whence I fell I saw a hand of one who cared so dearly... He helped me up and made a way for I now see so clearly. I praise you Lord... the Lord endureth forever. Amen