JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Resurrection and Ascension

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus' resurrection raised Him from the dead. He defeated death.

His ascension simply raised Him from earth to His exalted place next to God the Father in heaven.

They fit together nicely and according to what Jesus told his disciples & others while on earth. He was raised from the dead in 3 days--defeating death and preparing us for eternal life. His ascension put Him back with God the Father & He is preparing a place for us where we will be in His presence very soon.

Praise God!

Q5. What is the difference between Jesus' resurrection and his ascension? How do the two fit together? In what sense is the ascension the completion of the resurrection?

Jesus resurrection refers to His victory over death. His ascension to the right hand of the Father refers specifically to His exaltation by His Father to the Highest Place.

Jesus' ascension is the final aspect of His resurrection from the dead: His ascension to His original and rightful place in God's presence

This same Jesus who lived with the disciples, who died and was buried, who rose from the dead, loves us and promises to be with us always, We can get to know Him better through studying the scriptures, praying, and allowing the Holy Spirit to make us more like HIm. That was His purpose here on earth. AMEN

Jesus resurection was his victory over death, he rose again after being crucified and walked among us again. His asscension was the his return home to the right hand of our Father in heaven. They fit together because without the 2 things the prophecy could not be completed and our sins would not have been forgiven. Jesus rose again and went to Heaven as we all will in time.

Jesus' resurrection is His conquering death so we no longer have to be afraid of death.

Jesus' ascension is His taking His rightful position by the Father.

They fit together because it is all forecasted by Old Testament prophecies and now it is all fulfilled.

His task on earth is now finished/complete, (in a physical sense), until He returns again to reign again in glory.

Q5. What is the difference between Jesus' resurrection and his ascension? How do the two fit together? In what sense is the ascension the completion of the resurrection?

Jesus' resurrection was when his body left the tomb, Proving that he had risen from the dead, never to die again.

His ascention was when his body was taken up to heaven. His diciples knew then without a doubt, that he was God

and his home was in heaven.

With the resurrection and the ascention ...it makes the cycle complete.

Proving that our God is a living God.

The difference is about 40 days. Jesus' resurrection took place in Jerusalem, while his ascension took place outside of Jerusalem in the vicinity of Bethany [Mt. of Olives?] 40 days later. They fit, in that after his resurrection during those 40 days, Jesus is with his disciples and followers [amongst men and women] in his resurrection body. In his ascension, he will have ascended to his rightful place [from the humiliating death on the cross] to be with his Heavenly Father at the throne of heaven. Even so, the promise is: "Lo, I will be with you always, even to the end of the age." Indeed, he is God with us.

I believe that the resurrection, is when Jesus over came death and rose from the grave and that the ascension was when He rose to the Father. I believe that they were steps in the job He came to do that the Father gave Him although He stated on the cross that as He died it is finished. With out Him rising from the dead and going to the Father our faith is in vain.

The Resurrection was when He came out of the tomb after 3 days and the Ascension is when God took Him to Heaven.

He will return the same way He was taken up.

Jesus conquered death, **** and the grave and was exalted by God the Father to the higher place. To God's Presence, to sit at His right hand, to do His Will.

Jesus' resurrection took place when His physical body rose from the tomb and appeared to many who loved Him. His ascension took place 40 days later. In His resurrection, He claimed victory over death. When He ascended to His Father, he was honored and exalted by God and taken to be at His right hand in the highest places. His ascension completes His resurrection, in that Jesus was given a task by His Heavenly Father, which He obediently fulfilled. God was pleased in His Son and placed Him on high, as He so willingly endured the agony of our due punishment. The result being, that God can reclaim all of His chosen (but sinning) people through their faith and belief that because of Jesus' loving actions, we are all under grace and forgiven and can all reside with our Father in heaven after the last day. The job was done and the desired result was achieved, without which, we would all be doomed. Can we even begin to comprehend the depth of His love for us? We should thank Him diligently every day of our lives.

Jesus' resurrection refers to his power and victory over death and his ascension marked his exaltation to the right hand of God - his rightful place. (refer to Pastor Ralph's teaching)

When Jesus was raised from the dead He was resurrected. When His resurrected body arose up to heaven He ascended. The latter could not have happened without the first since the corruptible flesh cannot inhabit the incorruptible spiritual.

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" 1 Cor 15:55

Jesus resurrection differs from His ascension in that He rose from the dead after He died and the later He went to His Father in Heaven to be with Him at His Right Hand.

The two fit together in that they are both greatest miracles which happened at that time.

Jesus returned to Heaven was very important for the Disciples to see Him taken up into Heaven, this made them to believe more and they knew without doubt He was God and that His home was in Heaven.

The resurrection was the beginning and the ascension followed by him returning to heaven and sitting at the right hand of the father. You couldn't have one without the other. The resurrection was when Jesus was risen from the dead and returned to earth in a new body, the ascension was when he returned to the father and was seated in heaven. By the resurrection and the ascension the disciples witnessed the promises of Christ and was able to gain a better understanding of what those promises really were.

What is the difference between Jesus' resurrection and his ascension? How do the two fit together? In what sense is the ascension the completion of the resurrection?

There were many whom did not believe in the resurrection, the most prominent of these were the Sadducees. Jesus' resurrection was proof that there was indeed life after death and that through Him came life. It was also the final sign to the unbeliever in hopes that they would see and believe. Matt. 12:39 He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. (NIV)

The ascension is the returning to where He came from. If Jesus did not descend from God he could not ascend. The ascension shows us that Jesus is who he says he is. John 14:8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." 9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. (NIV)

I don't think that the ascension is a completion (end) of the resurrection as much as it is a beginning in the next step of God's plan for us. John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. (NIV)

Eph. 4:9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. 14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. (NIV)

Darrell

Jesus' Resurrection was from the dead and His ascension was from earth to Heaven to be seated at the right hand of His Father. The ascension completes the resurrection, i.e. Jesus resurrects from the dead and later ascends to be with God the Father in Heaven. A model for all believing Christians that put their faith in Jesus Christ.

His resurrection was riseing from the dead. He then walked and talked on this earth and continued to teach His followers, and to encourage them still performing miracles.

The ascension was Jesus being taken up into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father where He makes intercession for us. He would not be seen physically again. In a weird kind of way to me this was a sad time because the disciples had to go through the loss a second time, But the benefits are much greater!

The resurrection is when Jesus rose from the dead. The ascension is when Jesus rose from the earth 40 days later to take his place at the right hand of the God. His ascension is the final step in His resurrection from the dead - taking His rightful place in God's presence.

Jesus'resurrection is his victory over the grave rising from the dead. His ascension is his going up to heaven to sit at the right hand of God ~~~ the place chosen or reserved For Him. His ascension is the continuation from the Cross to the Grave to his appearances on earth and finally his going to his rightful place chosen by the Father for the Son, that is to have a seat a t the right hand of his father.

Jesus' Resurrection is his victory over death when he rose from the grave.

His ascension is his exaltation, seated at the rght hand of God. This happened 40 days after the resurection.

The two events are related in that the ascension was the conclusion of the resurrection.

The resurrection is when Jesus rose from the dead, left the tomb, and appeared alive to His disciples and others. He was never to go thru death again.

The ascension occurred 40 days after the resurrection. It took place just outside of Jerusalem.

Jesus' resurrection refers to His victory over death and the grave, while His ascension refers to Him being taken up into heaven, to assume His rightful place at the right hand of God.

Jesus' ascension is the concluding aspect of His resurrection from the dead.

The difference between Jesus' resurrection and his ascension is that Jesus' resurrection

was when his body left the tomb and appeared alive to his disciples and others, never to die again. Jesus' ascension occurred about 40 days after his resurrection and took place just out side of Jerusalem near Bethany.

The two fit together in a way that Jesus' resurrection refers to his victory over death, his ascension refers to his exaltation by his Father to the highest place.

The ascension is the completion of the resurrection in a sense that the ascension bring him back to his original and rightful place in God's place after his resurrection from dead. If Jesus did not have the ascension, God's plan for him and also for human beings would not be finished.

Jesus resurrection was when His body left the tomb/the disciples and others saw Him alive and never to die again. And also His victory over death. Jesus ascension occurred 40 days after His resurrection and outside of Jerusalem. His ascension to the right hand of His Father to the highest place and in God presence.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus' resurrection refers specifically to his victory over death and His ascension to the right hand of the Father refers specifically to his exaltation by his Father to the highest place. The ascension is a completion of Jesus' resurrection from the dead in that He completed the work that His Father sent him to do and the ascension took him back to his rightful place in God's presence.