JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Steadfast because of the Resurrection

• 1 month later...
Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

It means dont give up and dont give in. Keep up the work you do in the Lord keep bringing people to christ. Dont be discouraged, keep your faith dont let people who do not believe sway yours.God see all that we do and sees when our faith is strong and when we need more of it. God sees the work we do for him and in him and every little bit counts to God

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

Steadfast " Pertaining to firmly or solidly in place,firm,steadfast:"

Immovable Is " unshifting, unchanging, immovable."Because of the resurrection , nothing we do is in vain, Sometimes we hesitate to do good because we don't see any results. But if we can maintain a heavenly perspective, we will understand that we often will not see the good that results from our efforts. If we truly believe that Christ has won the ultimate victory, that fact must affect the way we live right now. Don't let discouragement over an apparent lack of results keep you from working. Do the good that you have opportunity to do., knowing that your work will have eternal results

Being steadfast & immovable is "staying power" to "fight the good fight" knowing for sure that we will be eternally with Him in the end.

Our labor is not in vain with the Lord--we serve & glorify God as we labor with & for Him. It is His work we do, not ours. There will be rewards for those who end up as victors!

It mean that as christians we are to continue to do the will of the Holy Spirit in our lives, what ever we are doing to further the gospel we are to continue. We mabe just sharing with friends or coworkers but where ever the Lord has placed us we are to continue to serve Him there and not be drawn to follow in worldly persuits.

Our labor can't be in vain because it is of the Lord and everything that is His will be blessed. He is thepower that makes it grow. we can only do as He directs us and He alone will give the increase. It may look like we are of little effect but only God can see the future and what will happen to a seed planted in His name and left to grow.

He is the rock of salvation on which the wise person builds a life upon.

being firmly plant on him we are able to withstand all storms and remain to the end.

no budge, no grudge means lots of fudge.

Our emotions are as equally important as our actions just as our motives and our motions.

in that day many shall say Lord .Lord and he will say depart from me.

Our works must remain consistant in attitude and altitude without favor and predudice.

Because God is no man debtor as you sow you shall reap also even as you do unto the least of mine you do it to me.

Not all of our rewards are held back for that great day many have been hidden for us to discover as we continue steadfastly in this walk we call life.

There are sooooo.. many obstacles on this narrow road that we walk one can become discouraged along the way, even to the point of throwing in the towel and going back into a world of sin. By looking ahead to the glorious hope of our resurrection and spending eternity with our Blessed Savior we have something to hold on to. Comes what may, for this we can be a palm tree in a strong wind, bending but steadfast, constantly under a seemingly never ending assault but, immovable. So, no matter how thankless our work in the Lord may seem to be at times, it is the Lord who is watching and it is in Him that we place our trust. With that we knowledge our labor is of the utmost importantance. It is never in vain.

By doing the work of the Lord that He has set for us to do until his return. Not giving up or giving in to the world around us. Standing for what we know in the Lord.

It is not about us, it is all about Christ and obedience to him. Labor in the Lord, it is his work, he doesn't forget and values everything we do, no matter how small.

Our being alive in this world that God created, is the first part of God's plan for us. It can and will get nasty; we will feel defeated without God; we will feel at times discouraged, even with God. We are to never lose hope and quit. We are to never feel we have failed as far as the world's idea of what the big picture is. We are working according to God's Big Picture and every little thing we have done all counts with God (even if it's just a frantic prayer during a crisis and calling on Him when we need him). All we go through is at God's request and our obedience and never losing faith in His power is what gives us the promised hope for our own Eternal Life with Him. He is always there. He never abandons us. He always hears us and His perfect timing for us is always a blanket of comfort to wait for, as our own timing is never anything but impatient. Nothing we do is in vain. It is the Lord's work we do, and He counts every little pebble. To answer the question why this is true - I believe it is all a part of God's grace that He gives us. It is certainly not something we have earned or deserve.

Being steadfast means unwavering, acknowledging that he is the divine Son of God, that our sins are forgiven, our salvation is secure, we are in unity with him and in our resurrection from the dead. Immovable means to stand your ground. Do not waver, but find your greatness in Christ. Stand firm on your belief in Christ and do not doubt.

If you love him and truly believe in the Word than your labor will be a reflection of your commitment to Christ. Your life will be an example. If you love him than your heart will exuberate joy laboring for the benefit of the Kingdom of God. And laboring for the Lord is equiped with a very good retirement plan, including fringe benefits.

Steadfast and immoveable means that no matter what - this is what I believe. If I have to stand alone (and many times I have, and will again) I will trust in God and in His Word and His power. If I believe HIS word, then I believe in the resurrection. Nothing is going to change that. There is nothing to turn back to and nothing to give in to that campares to the promises HE has given to them that love HIM and keep HIS commandments. Faith is

Forsaking

All

I

Trust

Him

Bottom line. I trust God.

The Word says "do all that you do as unto the Lord." Everything I do - whether any one ever acknowledges it or not, whether the result ever come forth the way I want them to - I know that HE sees and hears. HE is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM. Nothing I do, or give, or say for the Lord is ever in vain because He is watching and keeping track of the good (and the evil) that I do. His Word also says to not be weary in well doing for in due time we shall reap. sometimes it seems that we stay in "due time" but the harvest and the rewards are coming. My goal in life is to hear HIM say "Well done good and faithful servant". That is what I live for, and that is what I will die for. AMEN

The 'hope' is a secure one - a promise - secured by Jesus' own resurrection from the dead. So our time/work for the Lord has the surety of completion because it is, after all, the Lord's work and he is in charge, in control, taking the responsibility for completion from our own hands, and, no matter how things may seem at present, the ultimate harvest and assurance of well being is by his own methods at his own timing. "So let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in Me. In my father's house there are many rooms... Let not your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid." Jn 14.1-2; 14.27

In our our walk with Christ, we will encounter trials and temptations. We are to stand firm and steadfast because our hope is in the Lord. We shall rise at the end of the day to eternal glory. We will receive the crown of life and thus our labour is not in vain.

By doing work we are doing work for the Lord. It is his work not ours. Our work may not always be productive, but we must focus on our belief that Christ is coming and when he comes we shall rise from the dead. Our labour is not in vain because Christ lives we are able to face tomorrow. God will not give us work or cares that we cannot do.. They may feel ovewhelming at times but we are able to carry the load with his love and support.

Being steadfast means unwavering, to stand firm; immovable means unchanging ---- no matter what happen I stand strong, stay firm in my faith and my believeth, I have that staying power, because I have the victory in Jesus Christ.

We are not to give up or be discouraged in our faith, but we are to continue to fight the good fight.

Any work we do for the Lord is never in vain. We may not see the fruit of our efforts in this life, but we can be confident that

in heaven, we will here our Lord proclaim, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of the Lord."

Be steadfast and immovable in the work of the Lord means being consistent in, and committed to service to the Kingdom of God regardless of any obstactle. All the work we do for Christ will be rewarded (2 Cor. 5:10 & Rev 22:12).

Because of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ , nothing we do is useless. Sometimes we become apathetic about serving the Lord because we do not see any results. Knowing that Christ Has won the ultimate Victory should affect the way we life right now. Let us not be discouraged over an apparent lack of results keep us from doing the work of the lord enthusiastically as we have opportunity.

Let be firm in our stand for Christ . We wil see Him one day.

Being steadfast and immovable has to do with the hope of the resurrection Being steadfast and immovable in these. Because of horrendous challenges as we seek to follow Christ in this life or being shaken by the world that is crashing and burning move us, our hope of the resurrection can be not or less steadfast or immovable in terms of we becoming discouraged, despair, weary, and even lost in hope, no longer do the work of the Lord. Therefore Paul exhorts us to be steadfast and immovable of our hope of the resurrection whatever we may be faced or be facing in our lives in following him.

Our labor is not in vain in the Lord, because it is his work, not ours. Because it in the Lord, he doesn't forget, although other may discount it.

1Thessalonians 5:18 - 'In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you' we keep immovable and steadfast in Christ, knowing the promise for us, doesn't matter what the world, the enemy, throws at us. WE KNOW WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST.

Salvation is of the Lord, we do play a part as a co-labourer with Christ. He may instruct us to roll the stone away but it is the Lord alone who calls the sinner from the tomb of his deathly state.

Our confidence should then be in HIM, our part is simply to be true and faithful in our witness and then stand back and watch the miracle work of God.

• 3 weeks later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection?

The hope of the resurrection will be realized when we are risen to eternal life with Christ Jesus. In order to be a part of the Bride of Christ, who will be risen to eternal life, will reign with Him in Glory and enjoy eternal life, you must have been steadfast and immovable in your Christian walk while in this life.

Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

There's a reward waiting for us when we leave the labors of this life and enter into the blessed rest with Our Saviour. Truly, only what is done for Christ will last. When we come to the end of the way we can count it all joy because our labor will not have been in vain.

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection?

Remain steadfast in the truth of the doctrine of the resurrection, and every thing that pertains to it. Nothing will shake my faith; I am immovable, nothing will move me from the hope I have in the Gospel which is given, I received it from God.

Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

The work of the Lord is obedience to His word. Every believer in Christ is a workman of God. Our works should bring glory to the work done on the cross and to the love we have for God and each other.

We are to labor in the Lord, we get out strength from Him, without Him we can do nothing. This is a process being done in me, so I die daily to self -knowing no matter how small or unimportant my work may seem, it is done unto the Lord and is not done for not.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

These are characteristics of the believers who trust in the Lord and have the hope of our own resurrection just as our Lord Jesus was here on earth and became our hope because of His resurrection from His death. We are to continue laboring for Him as our Lord and Savior, keep on keeping on in doing what He has given us to do for Him and His honor and glory; and someday these things (whatever they may be) will be met by His declaration to us in heavenly glory, “Well done, faithful servant; now enter into My heavenly glory!” and we will be rewarded by Him for the labor we did for His name’s sake. Amen!