JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Why Jesus Had to Become Human

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Hebrews 2:16-18) Why in God's plan did Jesus have to become human like us?

Jesus had to become human like us so that he in the flesh could help mankind. This he did as a merciful and faithful high priest, a savior who atoned for the sins of the world when he suffered and died on the cross. Now as our ruling conquering King he ever makes intercession for us knowing the pain and temptations that we face.

How does his humanity provide encouragement and help to us when we are in trouble?

We have an assurance, that because of his humanity when we are in trouble we can go to him and he will help us.

"Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." (Hebrews 2:18)

:rolleyes:
Q5. (Hebrews 2:16-18) Why in God's plan did Jesus have to become human like us? How does his humanity provide encouragement and help to us when we are in trouble?

Q5. (Hebrews 2:16-18) Why in God's plan did Jesus have to become human like us? How does his humanity provide encouragement and help to us when we are in trouble?

Why in God's plan did Jesus have to become human like us?

How can you understand unless you have experienced, how can you fear unless you know fear, how can you resist temptation unless you have been tempted and how can you suffer death unless you have died. You cannot be a twin (man) unless made a twin (man)......

v- 17 "For this reason He had to be made like His brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that He might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted."

How does His humanity provide encouragement and help to us when we are in trouble?

Knowing that He bore all my sufferings and sorrows and that all I will ever have to do is call out His name and I will have the victory over what ever it is. He has seen to it that I have the perfect wisdom available and that in His leading, His has shown and made a way for me.

I can come into a rest of faith and know that as long as I stay in a humble and repent able state that I will not face judgement and that all I have to do is ask and I will receive whatever I have need of and if I will only believe then the power of what satan has come against me with is broken, because Christ has broken it already for me.

He was made like me so I could be made like Him, Praise Be To God and I will always be triumph!

Jesus had to become human like us to be the "perfect" sacrifice God demanded in order to save all mankind. No human but Jesus has been or will be perfect.

Jesus knows what it is to be tempted, to go through trials & suffering & is there for us--He can truly sympathize with what we are going through & knowing He is there, gives us hope for victory!! PTL!

Jesus had to becoma human like us in order to expierience everything we do so that way he can understand how feel and the way we act, so that when he counsels us he is able to provide empathy with love and understanding. When people say I understand we tend to think to ourselves no you dont how can you ? you havent been through what I have been through. Because Jesus was made human he was able to relate to us and say I understand and we are able to say yes you do because you went through it to and to me that is very comforting.

His becoming man was necessary because his 'children' were 'flesh and blood'. The atonement required the incarnation. To deliver man, Jesus Christ had to share his nature.

As Jesus was tempted, suffered persecution, tired, wept. He went through everything we go through.

He has an understanding and immense love for us and that encourages me in my walk that He understands what I am going through.

Satan actually perpetrated death on mankind when he convinced Adam to believe him instead of God. Effectively, like Jacob and Esau, our birthright was given away by man. It had to be re-purchased by man, because God gave man dominion over the earth and won't take it back again, because he sets His Word above Himself! That is why Jesus came. Sin had brought death into the world (eg Abel's blood which cried out to God, and all the blood since then!) A man had to go through the doorway of death victorious, and take again that which had been given away. He was without sin, tempted but un-blemished by satan, the only man who could do this work. That is why we can have Life through Jesus and no other way.

It is amazing that Jesus suffered temptation which was abhorrent to Him so he did not sin. However, He completed a lifetime on this earth and knows everything temptation can throw at us, because he experienced it in the flesh Himself. So we know that He understands temptation, but also that it can be defeated. He is our example and encourager. When we look to Jesus and are in a highly valued and loving relationship with Him, we will feel like Him about sin, and avoid it like the plague.

I believe that it was for our benifit, that Jesus had to become man so that we would know that He does understand the things we go through and the temptations that we struggle with. He being God already knew what they because He created all things even the wicked for the day of evil. The Father had a plan that included being able to forgive us our sins and Jesus being made man and suffering on the cross was His plan and praise be to Jesus for doing the Fathers will and saving a wretch like me for that is the only chance I have believing Jesus died for all my sin the first and the last and that He is standing in the presence of the Father doing intercession for me because I am His.

Being Human He allows us to know that He does understand and that He will stand in intercession for us as our High Priest and that He truly knows our struggles and is there to help when we cry our to Him in our weakness.

Having been made human in our form, Jesus suffered, and having been tempted like us, He overcame and can now be our true representative to God. Now we have a Saviour that we know understands. He has walked in our shoes and having done so, gives us tremendous peace and encouragement to totally trust Him. He has cleared our path ahead of us, and leads us safely through. He is our High Priest. Thankyou Lord for sending Your Son to us to guide us through the maize of this world and onward toward you.

By becoming human Jesus proved that we could walk in this world and lead a sinless life. The Lord was able to experience all of the weakness that we are subject to thereby becoming a High Priest, fully able to intercede on our behalf before the Father with all of the compassion and understanding needed to emphatically plead our causes.

Knowing that the Savior suffered in His flesh, above and beyond what we will ever know, gives me the strength and courage to press on. He has fought the battle and handed me the victory. There is nothing too big that our God can't handle. His human walk is my example.

So He would become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God and make atonement for our sins. He suffered temptations as we do so He could help us when we are tempted. By His understanding temptation, then He is able to have mercy on all that are being tempted within His family of believers.

He became man in order to fulfil God's plan of salavation for all people. Christ did not just have the appearance of being a man - He actually became man to identify with our sins, therefore, He understands our weakness and show mercy to us.

Jesus undrestands our struggle because He faced them as a human being. We can trust Christ to help us servive suffering and overcome temptation. When we face trials let us go to Jesus for strength and patience. He understands our needs and is able to help.

How can you understand unless you have experienced, how can you fear unless you know fear, how can you resist temptation unless you have been tempted and how can you suffer death unless you have died. You cannot be a twin (man) unless made a twin (man)......

v- 17 "For this reason He had to be made like His brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that He might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted."

How does His humanity provide encouragement and help to us when we are in trouble?

Knowing that He bore all my sufferings and sorrows and that all I will ever have to do is call out His name and I will have the victory over what ever it is. He has seen to it that I have the perfect wisdom available and that in His leading, His has shown and made a way for me.

I can come into a rest of faith and know that as long as I stay in a humble and repent able state that I will not face judgement and that all I have to do is ask and I will receive whatever I have need of and if I will only believe then the power of what satan has come against me with is broken, because Christ has broken it already for me.

He was made like me so I could be made like Him, Praise Be To God and I will always be triumph!

Your light has encouraged me today from an attack! God Bless you. I just want to say that this study has proven more then once to help me speak the Word Of God with my mouth. Its great!

Q5. (Hebrews 2:16-18) Why in God's plan did Jesus have to become human like us?

So he could understand the temptations of man he was made in the flesh. So he could overcome the temptations of man he gave his blood.

How does his humanity provide encouragement and help to us when we are in trouble?

We too can overcome the temptations of man, of course, because of man's sinful nature we can not become perfect like Christ, but we can be examples of Christ and live a Christ-like life to the best of our human ability.

Jesus had to become human to truly identify physically, emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually with us as we live our lives. He saw, felt, thought, visualized human frailities , and strengths in such a way that His understanding, compassion, and great love for us increased in ways that made Him "one of us". This is why we can relate back to and with Him intimately in our prayers and cries, for we KNOW He has also suffered being human as we do, and will understand exactly what we are praying about.

Somehow, I think we do not feel His judgment when we sin, because of his humanity, but feel his understanding and compassion, and especially HIS FORGIVENESS...when we ask for it....we know He will forgive us for he too walked in our shoes and felt our pains and problems with life in this world. It does not mean He does not judge us when we are sinning, for His Spirit convicts us....but it is a little different feeling coming from our "Brother, Friend, Lord, Savior" than our Father God whose personality is so against our sin, He cannot look on us....Jesus not only looked on us, He lived with us, and loved and served, and encourages me to become like Him, even though I know I cannot without HIs intervention and help and power.... I love HIm so much for being MY OWN LORD....

Jesus had to become like us in order to fulfill his role as high priest to show his mercy to us.

His humanity gives him understanding of us...as he has been tempted in all ways just as we have.

Jesus had to become like us in order to fulfill his role as high priest to show his mercy to us.

His humanity gives him understanding of us...as he has been tempted in all ways just as we have.

The answer that each one has given are incredible. I do so appreciate the insight of each one and I thank all of you for your hearts towards Jesus God's blessing in abundance to all.

Christine

Jesus participated in our nature and in our suffering as a human being on earth so that He could be a sympathetic Mediator between God and humanity. Jesus understands our weaknesses and intercedes for us in the presence of God the Father. He is a merficul and faithful High Priest.

Because God knew and saw how mankind was wicked - because we are created like Him he sent the second person of the trinity to come and pay the price for our sins once and for all cause sacrifices had to be done constantly. It was a the only dear and most costly price that God could have sent to mankind - his priceless son

Knowing that He paid the price so that we can go boldly before him when we are in trouble and call upon his name anytime.

Jesus had to become like us because if God revealed himself in his fullness any other way we would not be able to receive him.

A friend of mine tells it like this: If we were ants and god revealed himself as anything other than an ant we would either die of fright or completely miss the significance. His humanity is so that when we say "You don't understand. You've never been where I am." He says "Yes I have! And then some. I am here for you and I understand what you are going through"

While Matthew 4:5 reads that the devil TOOK Jesus and TOOK Him and set Him (or stood Him) on the high point or pinnacle of the temple, and again at verse 8, the devil TOOK Him again, I am hearing in the Word that while Jesus was made flesh, the devil did succeed in some sense that he TOOK Jesus somewhere. But Jesus defeated him by using THE WRITTEN WORD. Jesus cleared the devil out of His path.

What's most amazing to me is that Jesus was led by the Spirit to be tempted by the devil. I believe God made Him flesh in order to show us how to overcome our troubles, and the enemy. He teaches us exactly what to do when lead by or lead to those same high places. He knew we would need it and He uses the WRITTEN WORD for us to succeed.

I asked myself, if God in all His power and glory and might made Jesus flesh, why didn't he make his flesh live forever--through all generations of the earth? But I concluded...there would be nothing written about that would stand as WRITTEN WORD.

God's plan provides us with an incredible testimony about flesh--and through Jesus being made flesh, we have the solution to fight that thing! By successfully defeating the enemy with THE WRITTEN WORD, we can now share our testimony through Him (the living testimony) in us, and it becomes our living purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus had to become human like us so that he could know first hand the suffering and temptations that humans know.

We have an assurance, that because of His humanity and Him knowing what we are going through, that when we are in trouble we can go to Him and He is there for us. He will forgive us our sins if we only ask.