JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Christ, our High Priest

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Hebrews 7:26-28) How is Jesus described in verse 26?

In verse 26 Jesus is described as being holy, blameless, pure, set apart and exalted.

How does Jesus differ from human high priests?

Jesus differ from human high priests in that they have to present a sacrifice for atonement on a daily basis for a specific group of people, whereas Jesus did it for the entire human race once and for all. The human priest also had sin to be atoned for but Jesus is sinless. Finally, where there is weakness found in the human priest and his sacrifice, none can be found in Jesus who has been made perfect forever.

What about Jesus' role as High Priest gives you special confidence?

The perfectness of Jesus' role as High Priest gives me all the confidence that I need. Perfection is the ultimate goal and Jesus did that; completing the Father's will and is now sitting on the right hand of the Father making intercession for me. Praise God!

• 2 weeks later...
Q4. (Hebrews 7:26-28) How is Jesus described in verse 26? How does Jesus differ from human high priests? What about Jesus' role as High Priest gives you special confidence?

Verse 26 tells us Jesus is HOLY, BLAMELESS, PURE, SET APART, EXALTED.

In the Old Testament times when animals were sacrificed, they were cut in pieces, the parts were washed, the fat was burned , the blood was sprinkled, and the meat was boiled. Blood was demanded as atonement for sins, and God accepted animal blood to cover the people's sins ( Leviticus 17: 11 ) Because of the sacrificial system, the Israelites were generally aware that sin costs someone something and that they themselves were sinful. Many people take Christ's work on the cross for granted. They don't realize how costly it was for Jesus to secure our forgiveness-- It cost him His life and painful, temporary separation from His father.

Because Jesus died once for all , He brought the sacrificial system to an end, He forgave sins-past, present, and future. Because Christ the perfect sacrifice completed the work of redemption He is my High Priest and I don't have to look for any other way to have my sins forgiven. Christ was the final sacrifice for me.

In v. 26 he is described as holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

Unlike human priests He is perfect, He lives forever & He only had to sacrifice one time for all persons.

Jesus, who died for me, loves me as I am. Who else I know could I trust in & hope in as my priest?

Q4. (Hebrews 7:26-28) How is Jesus described in verse 26? How does Jesus differ from human high priests? What about Jesus' role as High Priest gives you special confidence?

Jesus is described as Holy (without blemish), harmless (no guile or deceit in Him), undefiled (has not submitted to temptation), separate from sinners (in a unique and different class altogether), higher than the heavens (of a different origin and habitat).

Jesus does not have to make a sacrifice for His own sins, since there weren't any. Unlike any other priest, He became His own sacrifice, and being perfect, satisfied for all time the requirement of blood. He took His own blood into the Holy place, and it was found acceptable as the propitiation of sin for al time.

I think the completeness of Jesus' offering gives me confidence. God never does anything by halves. It is all done. It is totally complete. My sin is covered for all time in Jesus. All that is now required is for me to finish the race. For that I have Jesus by my side, advocating for me to "our Father". I am in a great position and I wouldn't give it up for anything! I can look forward with great joy to the wedding feast of the Lamb, and for that I'm keeping oil in my lamp! All my eggs in this one basket is just fine with me!

"26Such a high priest meets our need -- one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

He is described as Holy,with out sin, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, and raised above the heavens.

He differs from human priest in that He is sinless there is no sacrifice for Him, He sacrificed only once for all sin, where human priest had to do it yearly,He was made perfect for ever in giving up His life for us He obtined a greater place at the right hand of the Father.

He is our eternal intercessor, always making intercession to the Father for His people. His prayer that where He is we will also be will be fulfilled in the Father's time and it will be a glorious day for the saints. He is our overseer and protector, He is our provider. He not only interceeds for us but gives us all our needs at just the right time. He is our salvation, and righteousness, without Him and His mercy and love we would all be lost.

Jesus is perfect, in spirit and in flesh. No priest on earth can make that claim. As such I am fully pursuaded that nothing can separate me from the confidence I have in my Savior, Lord and Master.

Christ is superior to the priests, and His priesthood is seperior to their priesthood. He is Holy, blameless, unstained by sin.

I have confidence in Christ's role as High Priest because He is always at God's right hand, interceding for me. He is always avaliable to hear when I pray.

In verse 26, Jesus is Holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners and exalted by God above the heavens as our most perfect High Priest. Jesus atoned for all of our sons, once, on the Cross. He reached His goal for us once and for all by offering Himself. Human high priests make offerings daily (they never offer themselves). A human high priest makes atonement offerings for himself first and then for the people. Jesus was and is perfect and He sacrificed His very life for us totally. Jesus is made perfect forever and is in God's power and glory. Human priests are just as weak as all of us. Jesus, our perfect and Holy Saviour will never let us down. He will never weaken. He will always be there for us and we are totally confident in Him as always doing the will of God for us.

As a High Priest that is holy, blameless, pure, sinless and set apart, exalted above the heavens.

Jesus does not need to offer sacrifices daily. He sacrificed Himself ONCE FOR ALL.

I know that Jesus is interceding on my behalf, and that He died so I could have ETERNAL SALVATION.

Jesus is described as: holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Human high priests are not permanent, set apart from sinners or exalted above the heavens. In addition, they made sacrifices for their sins as well as the people. Jesus is the perfect High Priest and has my total confidence.

1. Jesus is the High Priest who is holy, blameless, without sin, exalted above the heavens and has been made perfect forever.

2. Jesus is different from human priests because he make sacrifices for sin only once, only for the people and not himself, and he has been made perfect forever.

3. It gives me confidence to know that Jesus died and rose once for our sins; and since he is our High Priest forever, as long as we are obedient, we know that we have eternal salvation.

"Holy" "Blameless" Pure, Set Apart, Exalted

Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

What about Jesus' role as High Priest gives you special confidence?Our salvation was costly, but now it is eternal salvation, it is "once for all," and we are the ever-grateful recipients of God's largess in Christ Jesus. This is the very good news of the gospel!

Holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.

Christ is eternal and made the only sacrifice needed for us, Himself.

While earthly priests are temporary and have to keep making daily sacrifices for themselves and the people.

Quote - "Our salvation was costly, but now it is eternal salvation, it is "once for all," and we are the ever-grateful recipients of God's largess in Christ Jesus. This is the very good news of the gospel!"

Jesus is set apart from others in the fact that he was sinless, and had no need to offer a sacrafice for himself and therefore was able to become a sin offering for all.

Guilt kept me from going to church, guilt kept me from facing people, guilt kept me from doing things I wanted to do, guilt kept me separated from life, until I read the three most important words in the bible, "YOU ARE FOGIVEN", followed by the instructions of what to do after that.

A person cannot stop at the "YOU ARE FORGIVEN" and go on from there. Once YOU ARE FORGIVEN there is a whole new life out there to explore, some good and some bad, but you got to get out and get involved in other people's lives, share their sadness and their joy. Just knowing that we have a loving Savior gives me the confidence to share my past with others, it also gives me the confidence to share what I have with those in need, and most of all it gives me the confidence to share my future with others and what a glorious future we have in Christ when He comes again.

I really don't beleve we can share just our past and our future without sharing our present.

Darrell

Jesus is described in Hebrews 7:26 with 5 characters: 1) holy: without fault relative to deity, devout, pleasing to God, 2) blameless: innocent, free from malice and craft, 3) pure: undefiled in a religious and moral sense, 4) set apart:

Jesus is described in verse 26as being holy blameless,Unstained by sin,separated from sinners,and exalted higher thatn the heavens.

Jesus differs from human High Priests as He is perfect and and without sin.

Jesus role as High Priest gives me special confidence as He is able to intercede for those on earth as he has been made perfect through suffering on our behalf.Having lived as a man He understands our infirmities and weaknesses.

How is Jesus described in verse 26? How does Jesus differ from human high priests? What about Jesus' role as High Priest gives you special confidence?

How is Jesus described in verse 26?

* "26 Such a high priest meets our need -- one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

*Human High Priest

Frequency of offering Daily

Sacrifice for sins For himself and people

Strength Weak

* Christ

Frequency of offering Once for all

Sacrifice for sins For the people only

Strength Made perfect forever

* Our salvation was costly, but now it is eternal salvation, it is "once for all," and we are the ever-grateful recipients of God's largess in Christ Jesus. This is the very good news of the gospel!

Jesus is described as Holy, Blameless, Pure, Set Apart, and Exalted.

Jesus differs from human high priests because non other is perfect like He is.

He, like none other, loves me just as I am even though I am a sinner and He forgives those sins. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

25Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

A straight answer would be holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; but I can

Jesus is described as a high priest who is holy, blameless and pure.

Jesus differs from human high priests in that sooner or later a human priest would die, but Jesus will live forever.

Jesus' role as High Priest gives me confidence in that His atoning sacriface completely blots out my sin, instead of just covering it up.

Jesus is holy (divine character) - harmless ( without sin), undefiled (innocent), separate from sinners (devoted to the Father) - made higher than the heavens ( more exalted than all the angels or of all created beings, whether thrones, dominions, principalities, or powers).

Jesus is holy, a human high priest is unholy.

Jesus offered himself up as a sacrifice for sin, once for all. The "unholy" human high priest had to offer a sacrifice annully for himself first, before he could for others.

Jesus is harmless, the human high priest is harmful to himself as well as to others.

Jesus is undefiled, innocent of anything wicked, or evil, the human high priest is "defiled", wicked with sin. Jesus is separate from sinners, mankind is joined to sinners.

Jesus is higher than the heavens, the human high priest is base, unworthy to be called a priest to God, this is why he must offer a sacrifice for himself first.

Jesus accomplished all that was required to be a High Priest unto God the Father, therefore bringing to completion His role in bringing salvation to all who believe in Him and authority to speak to the Father on our behalf.

• 2 weeks later...

Human high priests had to offer a sacrifice for their own sins first before they could offer different sacrifices for the people. The sacrifices had to be made daily.

When Jesus took the position of high priest, He only needed to sacrifice himself once for all our sins. Because He never sinned He didn

Our Lord Jesus Christ is described in verse 26 as: holy (for only God is perfectly holy so thus, He is God); harmless (totally without sin ever in His life); undefiled; separate from sinners (He is both entirely sinless and has been exalted to His heavenly place at God

• 2 months later...

Jesus, is described as the One who meets our need as far as salvation from sin and its consequences.

Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood over human. Jesus is Perfect, man is weak.