JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 98

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

For the marvelous things He has done and continues to do for His creation, His faithfulness, His mercy, His loving-kindness; these are all reasons to give praise to God.

Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

Praise is so exuberant in this psalm because the Lord our God is our Salvation. He has saved us marvelously! The Psalmist has an over abundance of gratitude and thanks to God for His great deliverance and continual protection.

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

Praise is exuberant in our congregation, I look forward to this time of worship with the saints. As a worshiper I love to praise my God and do so constantly. When I think of His goodness and the greatness of His power, whether I'm driving on the road, flying in an airplane, shopping for grocery, doing the laundry, ironing, cooking; wherever and whenever I give Him the praises.

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

There are 10 truths or principles that we need to keep in mind when we worship and as we draw near the throne the throne of grace in a way that will honor and exalt the name of Jesus

( 1 ) Worship that pleases God is perpetual and constant. It is always and ever appropriate. The Psalmist resolves " to declare your steadfast love in the morning and your faithfulness by night"

( Psalm 92: 2 ). We should never think of worship as something reserved for a Sunday Morning, as if there were any hour of any day where it wasn't the thing to do.

( 2 ) Worship that pleases God is instrumental. The psalmists speaks of " the music of the lute and the harp " as well as " the melody of the lyre" ( psalm 92:3 ) and " trumpts and the sound of the horn" ( 98: 5-6 )

( 3 ) Clearly God delights in joyful worship ( 92:4; 98: 4 ). " For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your works; at the works of your hands I sing for Joy" ( Psalm 92 : 4 ). Again, we are to " make a joyful noise, we adore Thee" rather than "Grumpy, grumpy, we adore thee" or Somber, somber, we adore Thee" !

( 4 ) Worship that pleases God is grounded in recognition and celebration of His greatness. Listen again to the Psalmist: " How great is thy works, O :ord! Your thoughts are very deep!"

( Psalm 92:5 ). Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, and His greatness is unsearchable."

( Psalm 145:3 ). A great God call for Praise.

( 5 ) Worship that pleases God, We are to make a joyful noise, " with songs of praise"! Worship here entails noisy songs! There is a volume to David's praise, but not random or chaotic sounds.

His noise takes the form of songs of God's worth and Glory and Majesty. It is good to know that one can beboth EXUBERANT and exact, both passionate and precise, or as I said, both loud andlogical.

( 6 ) Worship that pleases God is Physical. In an earliermeditation I focused on the raising of my hands and its sumbolic importance of surrender. I then started dancing. In ( Psalm 95:6 ) we are called to "worship and bow down" and to " kneel before the Lord, our Maker! "

" My Body will adore you, And your body alone will I cherish. I will, with my body, declare your worth."

So I'll ask , do you declare His worth with your body, no less so than with your mind and heart?

( 7 ) Worship that pleases God is fresh and creative. Numerous times in the Psalter we are exhorted not to simply sing a song, nor even sing a song joyfully, but to sing a new song ( Psalm 98:1 ) I can only surmise that we are to sing new songs because God is always doing new things for His people.

God is fresh in His love and His redemptive dealings with us, so let our worship of Him be fresh and glorious and exciting with songs of praise.

( 8 ) Worship that pleases God is public. Now, no one enjoys private worship more than I do. In My car, on my bed at night, or in my study by day, I love to have a continuous flow of worship filling the air, " De clare His Glory among tha nations.

( 9 ) Worship that pleases God ascribes glory to His name but doesn't add to it. Take special note of

( Psalm 96: 7-9 ) " Ascribe to the Lord, O Families of the peoples, Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength! Ascribe to the Lord Glory due His name; bring an0ffering, and come into His courts!"

( 10 ) God is especially honored when the whole of creations joins in celebrating His goodness and greatness. So" Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all the fills it: let the field exualt and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord... " ( Psalm 96: 11-13a ). And ' let the rivers clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together before the Lord, for He comes to judge the earth" ( Psalm 98:8-9a )

So my thought is whether church or home always be exurbant in our worship cause the King of Glory is coming soon.

The reasons given for praise in Ps. 98 are:

1. He has done marvelous things/have worked salvation

2. made salvation known & revealed His righteousness to the nations

3. remembered His love & faithfulness to Israel, and salvation to the ends of the earth

9. He will come to judge the earth, the world, peoples with righteousness & equity.

Praise is so consuming in this psalm because it encompasses the entire world He made, all of creation & the salvation which He has made known.

It is pretty exuberant usually--especially when we, as a body, are praising Him together. As in all of my life--it could be better!!

At the triumphal entry, the crowd of disciples were joyfully praising God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen and the Pharisees in the crowd asked Him to rebuke/quiet them. Jesus replied: "I tell you," he replied, " if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Wow! Now does it seem so hard to believe that the rivers will clap their hands & the mountains sing together for joy? Wow! PTL!

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant? HE HAD DONE SUCH WONDERFUL THINGS ..BRINGS SALVATION. BECAUSE IT SAYS EVERYTHING JESUS IS. ..WE SING PRAISE SONGS AND WE PRAISE GOD ALL THE TIME. BECAUSE HE DIED FOR OUR SINS.

[/

1) We should give praise to God for the marvelous things that had created for us. It aslo due to his faithfulness to us, his loving-kindness. Not only that, also for he comes to judge the earth, he will judge the world in righteousness and the people with equity. Just simply these reasons, we should praise God for what has given us.

2) Praising is exuberant because the righteous Judge is coming who will set all injustice aright and bring our final salvation! Hallelujah! Not only that, for knowing that God is our saviour and have forgiven all our sins, we should praise him joyfully.

3) Praise in our congregation is exuberant. Praising in our church is very lifely. It is exuberant because I have experienced God's grace and wisdom. He has helped me at all times even through in times of storm. I believe that everyone has experienced some sort of deeds that it seemed impossible. And you know that there is nothing that is impossible in God's sight. As long as we believe on it, it will be done.

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

Jesus has done marvellous things for our salvation. The joy of praise, the exuberance of praise and the fullness of praise are all lifted up to God who deserves all our praises and we come to celebrate His goodness and greatness . He is coming with Righteousness to judge the world and the people with equity.

Praise is so exuberant because he has came to save us, and the Righteous one will set all injustice aright and bring all to final salvation. We must shout for joy with music and instrument. Let all creation praise Him with joy and exuberance. He is to be exalted and lifted high on Names. Hallelujah! For His Souvereignty.

!

As I looked over this Psalm I found what I feel would be several reasons for the giving of praise. Praise was given because God had done marvelous things, he has worked salvation, he has revealed his righteousness, he has remembered his love and faithfulness to his children. He had brought salvation

(Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? His mercies are fresh and new daily; for salvation which includes the forgiveness of sins, deliverance from the power of sin, and the defeat of Satan.

Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? Through Israel's deliverance from captivity to the Promised Land, God made known his plan for our salvation and He revealed His righteousness and awesome power to the unbelieving. He made it known that He is God and there is no other who can offer salvation! Justice will only be served in God's judgement - there is no other justice for men (humans) are failable!

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Very fervantly! I belong to a non-denominational church where our worship team has strings, horns, drums, etc., and there are cymbals and banners that worshippers carry to reflect their worship and praise to our King.

Why or why not is it exuberant? We are a fervant church, eager to please and to praise God. And the members of the congregation reflect the heart of this church.

Q3a---He has done marvelous things

b---To show how important it is.

c---I thank God when I walk out to geet the mail, that I can walk, Ilook at the sky and landscape and thank God that I can see the wonder and beauty that he has created. I thank him for being able to smelll the air after a rain. I think sometimes he has to be getting tired of hearing it, I was thinking with a human mind of how we feel when someone continually thanks us for something and we will eventuallly say enough already.

Psalm 98 introduced us to praising God for His salvation. Israels victories were many, beginning with the victory of bondage as slaves to Egypt. This leads us to our New Testament victories, over sin (bondage)and death by the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus.

Freedom from bondage and the victory over it's captivity is one of the greatest things in the entire universe to celebrate. We can feel the same exuberance as the Psalmist as Christ gives victories each day and His deliverance sets us free. Cause indeed to celebrate which we as individuals and our congregation as a whole does with vigor.

Reasons for praise: God has done great and wonderful deeds, won a mighty victory, kept His promise to love and be faithful. God is faithful. This is a Psalms of praise anticipating the coming of God to rule His people. He is coming again to judge the world justly.

I feel the praise is exuberant becasusse He has promise to save us and return again to receive us. We all should be exuberant in our worship/praise because of who God is. He is our Savior.

This is a song of joy and victory. God is victorious over evil, all those who follow him willl be victorious with him when he judges the earth. Don' t you think this is something worth shouting about and praising God? Who would not serve and praise a God like that. PRAISE GOD EVERYBODY!

1. O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

2.The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.

3.He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

9b.with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

I think that the first three verses and the last verse tell us why to praise God, He has done marvellour things, His holy are has gotten Him victory. He has given us salvation and given righteoudness to those whom He will. He has remembered His mercy and truth upon the house of Isreal ans lastly He will judge the earth with rightousness and ewuity.

I think it is because that we are to realize that God has already blessed us in that He has provided us with salvation and therefore we are in debt to repay that in praise and glory that we sent up to Him.

It varies from Sunday to Sunday as we seek new ways to praise God and to worship in spirit and truth we sometimes lose some of the fire that would be in our worship, we may have problems that we haven't taken before God and that worry keeps us from being exuberant in our praise.

Q3. (Psalm 98)

*What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

Our Lord has done marvelous things, He has forgiving sins and defeated Satan and revealed his righteousness to the nations.

*Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

There is joy because of looking forward to the coming of righteousness and justice instead of oppression and mistreatment.

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life?

Praise is exuberant by some but there is much room for growth for all of us as we open our minds and hearts in thankfulness for the blessings in our lives.

* Why or why not is it exuberant?

I think we often do not take time to develop the close relationship with God and really stop to meditate on the wonderful gift of salvation and the many blessings in our lives. :rolleyes:

1. Whenever you think about all that God has done for us, you have to praise him. He loved us, He is faithful, He is righteous, and He saved us. He is the one and only Holy God and deserves praise.

2. Just think about the righteous judge is coming soon, who will set all injustice aright and bring final salvation. Just think about the peace and love there will be for all.

3. Praise is exuberant in our congregation. Every Sunday is a day of praise.

4. Our praise is so exuberant in our congregation because we have a lot of older people who have been through so much in their life and have a great deal to be thankful.

:lol: The reasons given for praise are that God has done marvelous things,in Him is victory,He has made known His salvation,His righteousness in the sight of the heathen,He hath remembered His mercy and His truth toward Israel and all the enda of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

Praise is so exuberant in this Psalm because the Lord is returning in victory to rescue His people and judge the wicked.

Praise is not that exuberant in my church. I think it is because we have not really got a vision of His coming again very soon anyway. I need to be more exuberant in my praise and after reading this lesson,I think it will be.

I praise God for all the marvelous things that he has done for me.

To glorify him for his salvation and the marvelous things He has done and his faithfullness. Righteousness is coming Very much. Because he has first saved me from my sin and because I know that He is coming again.

Look at the miraculous things God has done, He is worthy of praise. He has given salvation, He is worthy of praise. He is righteous, merciful and faithful, He is worthy of praise. From all these things you can see why praise is so exuberant and these things are heart felt for the psalmist. This same thing can be seen in many of our church members. For myself I am thirsting after more.

He is a great God. He is our Lord and King. Even the very elements that He has made show His might and power.

When you think of who He is and His lovingkindness and praise just comes. He is more than worthy. He has shed His precious blood, His grace and mercy and love...PTL!

It is very exuberant in our congregation through stringed instruments (violins), trumpet, and other instruments. I love to sing and sing loudly to His honor and glory. In my life as I count my blessings and name them one by one on a daily basis, whatever life brings I strive to contuously praise Him through my life and actions.

1 because GOD is sending Jesus to judge the righteous

2. because the author has no complaints to bring before GOD- he is joyful and thankful for GOD's presence in his life.

3. Our church is very exuberant and prayful..we have many bible studies, prayer groups, family gatherings, active youth ministry, and care for our seniors and sick people.

4. We are a very giving church in supporting the poor, doing mission trips to other countries, have a loving ministery group and run in the church in a caring and friendly manner. We all practice " love one another". Other churches that I have been a member of before retirement were not like this so I feel very fortunate to call this GOD's Church.

2. because the author has no complaints to bring before GOD- he is joyful and thankful for GOD's presence in his life.

3. Our church is very exuberant and prayful..we have many bible studies, prayer groups, family gatherings, active youth ministry, and care for our seniors and sick people.

4. We are a very giving church in supporting the poor, doing mission trips to other countries, have a loving ministery group and run in the church in a caring and friendly manner. We all practice " love one another". Other churches that I have been a member of before retirement were not like this so I feel very fortunate to call this GOD's Church.

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

The reasons given for praise are for his greatness his salvation his faithfulness his righteousness and his love to and for his creation.

Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

Because he is worthy of all praises from all his creation.

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

I believe that the congregation is exuberant but there is always room for improvement. We must remember that Sunday is not the only day for praise and that we should praise him all the time not only in the congregation but throughout our life.

The reason for praise in the Psalm because God has done marvelous things. and we are to bring the fullness of praise to God. People learn about God's salvation in our lives by what we share. Part of our praise towards God is furthering his reputation by our testimony of how he has saved and delivered us.

Praise is so exuberant in the Psalm, because he is telling us to praise the Lord, to be excited, for righteousness is coming, it is a joy, a hope, an expectation. For God is comming to judge the earth, and he will judge the world in righteousness and the people with equity. for the wicked, the coming of the Righteous Judge is a fearsome message.

Praise in my congregation varies, some people praise with joy in their hearts but singing, dancing and shouting, while other act like they are can not hear, see, feel or speak.

Im my life I am always praising the Lord, in good times and in the bad times, because I know God will not take me, where his grace cannot cover me.