JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 121

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

This song expresses assurances and hope in God's protection day and night.He not only made the hills but heaven and earth as well. We should never trust a lesser power than God Himself . But not only is He all-powerful, He also watchs over us. Nothing divirts or deters Him.We are safe. We never outgrow our need for Him

Where ever we are, at home or traveling, we are exposed to danger more than we are aware of; this Psalm directs and encourages us to put our selves in God's hands and our confidence in God, by faith put ourselves under His protection and commit ourselves to His care, which we should and must do, with entire resignation and satisfaction singing this psalm.

This Psalm gives me joy inside in knowing where ever I am God is watching over me. Brings to rememberance the old saying, " better not get into trouble, God will see you He is watching you" Makes me feel good some one loves me so much.

1) Psalm 121 shows very clearly to me that God do protect us at all times. Psalm 121 started with the words of:

"1I lift up my eyes to the hills --

where does my help come from?

2My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth." (121:1-2)

God really is telling us that he do look over even to the highest or lowest point of our life. He has clearly shown us that he, the maker of the heaven and earth, the Lord is the source that we can seek for help. Not only this, in verse 3-8. He has told us that "the lord will watch over you".

"3He will not let your foot slip --

he who watches over you will not slumber;

4indeed, he who watches over Israel

will neither slumber nor sleep.

5The LORD watches over you --

the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6the sun will not harm you by day,

nor the moon by night.

7The LORD will keep you from all harm --

he will watch over your life;

8the LORD will watch over your coming and going

both now and forevermore." (Psalm 121:1-8)

2) The repetition of the praise "watch over" is been emphasized because God wants us to know that He will protect us if we are under his wings. God's protection involves his own careful guarding of us from danger. God is like a watchful Mom always keeping tabs on her toddler to keep him from any kind of danger that might approach. Noted that in those verses, he said that he will protect us from falling, 24/7, sun and moon, all-hazard policy, all harm, our life, our coming and going and now and forever. With many of these inclusive statement that will protect us has made me have the confidence on laying my burdens and worries upon God as I know that there is a mighty God that will take care of everything that is and will happen in my life. I believe that God has a plan for every believer. He knows the route that you will be going through even before you were born. It is up to us whether we should watch out for his calling. We should trust him and live for his glory.

It is such a powerful reassurance to know that God will never leave me nor forsake me. What a thrill it is to know that He is there all the time for me, 24/7 365. What a source of help it is to know that He is constantly aware of where I am, what I am doing, and He knows full well what is happening every moment in my life. He is truly Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent. Words fail when I try to express the comfort, security and strength this gives me as I travel through this journey called life. Truly He is worthy of all praise, honor and glory.

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you?

Knowing that whenever I find myself in danger, when I'm struggling, weak or overtaken by the weight of responsibilities; I can trust that God is keeping me and He is watching over me.

How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

Psalm 121 makes me feel special, knowing that God takes care and watches over me just as He's doing for billions of others around the world.

(Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? God even saves me from myself!

How does Psalm 121 make you feel? Secure, content, loved, cared for, cared about, safe.

I read somewhere that Psalm 121 was the Psalm adopted by the Cherokee Indians. As to whether that is fact or not I cannot be certain. This I am certain of though, given the horrible atrocities committed against the American Indian and the terrible conditions that they live under today I can see why this Psalm is favored.

When we look past the walls of our captivity and gaze to the majesty of God's creation we are at once free. When we realize that our Father continually watches over us from on high we know that He is not too distant to hear our hearts cry. I am assured that no matter what happens to my body, He is the protector of my soul and that is what matters the most and that someday, I will join Him on those hills.

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you?

* I no longer feel lost! There were times in the past when I felt as if I was all alone and if I just had someone that understood what I was dealing with or going through. It seemed at times that all I could see was darkness and how would I find my way out and then other times it was as there was no one to rescue me from my own mind and emotions. This was even walking with the Lord,but once I begin to understand that He to had felt this way and that He knew what I was going through, that He was there to help out.

He came to light in me as someone that would know every thing I might go through and He came to as someone that would come along side me to walk it out.

He has become someone that is everything I need, and this is what reassurance is to me and I know He watches over me.

* Again I say as above, it comforts me and secures me to know that My God watches over me and my loved ones. It comforts me to know that He watches over the world I live in and no matter how man try's to dictate and control this world, He is watching and only will man be allowed to do so much until He steps in and lines it up with His plan.

He is our God who is in control.

1. This is actually my favorite psalm and whenever I feel confused, lonely or down, I always meditate on this psalm. I am assured that God is always watching over me and protecting me.

2. This is a powerful psalm. It makes me feel so humble to know that God is watching over me at all times, even when I sleep; even when I may be in danger and not know it; even when I make mistakes and don't realize it; and on top of all that He is a merciful God.

I am glad that God is keeping an eye over me all the time. He neither sleeps or slumber - what a committed God he is. My help comes from the maker of heaven and earth - He has the best credentials. He will not let your foot slip - such a loving father. Lord will keep you from all harm - the best protector. He watches over your coming and going - the number one caretaker.

I guess, when you read Psalm 121, one does not feel lonely although you are all by yourself at that time. How can you feel lonely when God is monitoring, guiding and taking great effort in every step you take. Such comforting Psalm!

Q3. (Psalm 121). :rolleyes:

It is a gift beyond measure to know that God holds me in His arms and watches over me. Nothing in the world can give me that kind of comfort and security.

Secure and safe whatever the circumstances is the way Psalm 121 makes me feel. Praise God for watching over all His children.

:P

It reassures me in that I know that God is always there. He will never leave me or forsake me. He is there at my rising up and laying down, i need not fear for He is with me. He is my shepard in time of trouble and support in times of weakness.

It make me feel small but secure in that God is there when I need Him all I have to do is cry out and He hears me. His love and mercy are forever in His Great Right Hand, the Son my Lord and Saviour. Praise and Glory to the Great I Am.

I am so at peace knowing that God is in control of my life, that he is my protecter, my Shepherd, he is the one who is loving me and keeping me away from all harm. He is my Safety, my Strength, my Comfort, my peace.......without him I would be lost and without his shield of protection.

God is the creator of all things, he created the heavens, mountains and he created the birds and other living things with intricacy and detail, and we mean to Him than those things. He is our gaurdian 24/7, He does not want to see us fall and He picks us up when we are down or when we are not close to God (when we come and go). And this promise is for now and forever. Thankyou God for the security you give and being there in times of trouble and looking back on my past, thankyou to all the answered prayer when I have been in deep yogurt. Thankyou Lord

Q3. (Psalm 121).

God is our protector and Shepherd who loves us so much and will always keep us from all harm and danger.

He is the maker of heaven and earth and do great things that can`t be fathomed and wonderful works that can`t be counted. We put our confident entirely on Him and walk in dependence upon the power of the Spirit who watches us all day long. Nothing in the world can give me that kind of comfort and security.

This Psalm gives me joy & peace knowing that He is always beside me. He has become someone whom I have everything taking great effort in every step I take and knowing that without Him, I can`t stand on my own strength.

What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

In Matthew Henry's commentary he has in quotes "You shall not be hurt either by open assaults of your enemies, which are as visible as the scorching beams of the sun, or by their secret treacherous attempts, which are like the undetectable insinuations of the cold by night". "The Lord will keep you from all harm, the harm of sin and the harm of trouble. Even that which kills shall not hurt." "It is the spiritual life especially, that God will take under his protection: He will watch over your life."

If we are standing out as salt or light as Christians we will be assaulted at some point. We need the Lord to watch over our life and we need to be aware of that He is. The Word is so important to be in. We are no match from the enemies assaults except through the strength and power of our Lord.

It makes me feel like I need to pray more and read the Word more since I don't know what is out there and what is coming but my God does and He is bigger than it all.

God Bless!!

Jen

Numbers 6: 24-26

Psalm 121 reassures me that God knows even the strands of hair on my head and he feds the the birds and cares for them so I know he watches over and provides me with all his blessings. It makes me feel loved and worthy not in the way the world shows it, but as in a child-like love.

This Psalms teaches me and reassures me that God knows me, is interested in me and loves me. It gives me confidence that God is there for those that love, honor and call upon Him. It doesn't get any better than that.

As I travel through my final days I feel that GOD knows my good and my bad and he still is there to watch over me. When I am lonely I know that he is there..when I am hurting he heals my heart. I don't know what life will bring for me but with his watchful and helping hand I will get throgh to someday rest in his arms.

It gives me great strengh to know that he is there for me...I just have to ask and he will someway be there for me as long as I have faith in him. I feel blessed by this knowledge.

I have the assurance that God keeps me and watches over me because he is My Father; he is the maker of heaven and earth. "He does not slumber nor sleep, he watches over me", "He will not let my foot slip" "He is my shade at my my right hand" and he will keep me from all harm and danger".

This psalm make me feel protected, love, secure, safe and blessed.

Am assured because our God is all-powerful, He protects us day and night. He not only made the hills but heaven and earth as well. His power there is nothing that can be compared with, He watches over us. Nothing diverts or deters Him. We are safe. We never outgrow our need for God

I find it very soothing to know that my Lord is in constant watch over me. Even if I should make a step in the wrong direction, He is there to guide me back to the right path. He is also there to walk with me on the right path when everyone else around me choses a different one.

This Psalm fills me with a great sense of peace, love and self-assurance. I am thankful each and every day that I know my Lord loves me and will be with me always.