JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. God's Protection

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection? Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?

( Luke 21-28 ) Jesus was not saying that Believers would be exempt from physical harm or death during persecutions. Remember that most of the disciples were martyed. Rather He was saying that none of His followers would suffer spiritual or eternal loss. On earth everyone will die. but believers in Jesus will be saved for eternal life.

( Romans 8-28 ) THose who are called are those the Holy Spirit convinces and enables to receive Christ. Such people have a new perspective, a new mind set on life. They trust in God. not life's treasures; they look for their security in heaven not on earth; they learn to accept, not resent, pain

and persecution because God is with them.

( Rev. 6-9) The martyrs are eager for God to bring justice to the earth, but they are told to wait. God is promising that those who suffer and die for their faith will not be forgotten. Rather they will be singled out for special honor. We may wish for justice immediately, as these martyrs did. God works according to His own timetable, and He promises justice. No suffering for the sake of God's kingdom, however, is wasted.

I can only give answers according to the word of God, I don't have any more answers as to the why God does things the way He does. What man knows the mind of God and why He does things the way He does. To Know God is to draw closer to Him and as you do He will reveal more of Himself and His ways to us. My desire is," Come quickly Jesus "

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection? Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?

1) I strongly believe that God has a purpose for everything. Psalms do give us the encouragement and strength that we need. It is true that we are not immune to accident, persecution and death. Believing that God will protect us is really based on how strong our faith is to him. I have seen in my life that God has protected me in many car accident. For example, if i would have walked a few seconds early, i would be the one who would be in the car accident. I have really seen God protecting me in my life. However, I have also seen that God did save people from hazards. But, no one knows why God didnt save him, but I strongly believe that Heaven is greater place than the earth. God may use him in Heaven to watch over us.

2) Just as I have said, God has a purpose for everything. You may not understand why has he done that to you, but you will understand it in the long run. Do not be discouraged for a disaster that has happened to you or your family. But look positively to your life. God has provided you everything that you need. Remember that he has sacrificed the most for you as He has saved you from sins.

3) Does God really protect us? this is an open question. I think he does. As he has promised in the following verses:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?" (Romans 8:35)

"You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. All men will hate you because of me. But not a hair of your head will perish. By standing firm you will gain life." (Luke 21:16-19)

Remember if we are in danger or in any troubles, we can come to Psalm 91 for strength and encouragement. God is our Great Protector and we have been given mighty power to overcome our enemies. Just realize that the final chapter of your life and mine is not written in the here and now, but on that Day it will all be revealed in victory and glory. God has us all in his hands. May God bless you and have faith in him. Remember we do not deserve this life that we have. We deserve to die, if God wants us to go back to heaven, he can easily do that. God has a purpose for each and everyone of us.

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?

Yes, we are not immune from accident, persecution, and death; in light of all that can happen to us just imagine if God were to remove His protection. I never want to be in a position where God is not there protecting me. Take the encouragement of the Psalms and be comforted that in every situation God is there with you.

Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?

If we would believe that even before th world was created God ordained the path that we would take, then we can believe that some of the accident, and other danger that we find ourselves in to be the divine purpose and will of God. In this lif we may never know the answers but we must trust that a loving, powerful God will be faithful in protecting His very own.

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?

Yes, we are not immune from accident, persecution, and death; in light of all that can happen to us just imagine if God were to remove His protection. I never want to be in a position where God is not there protecting me. Take the encouragement of the Psalms and be comforted that in every situation God is there with you.

Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?

If we would believe that even before the world was created God ordained the path that we would take, then we can believe that some of the accidents, and other dangers that we find ourselves in to be the divine purpose and will of God. In this life we may never know the answers but we must trust that a loving, powerful God will be faithful in protecting His very own.

Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?

Our protection is of our spirit when we walk by faith, not by sight. He either delivers us from peril, remains by our side through peril, or allows peril to consume us as we are taken up into his lovely awaiting arms - we are taken home and are finally with Jesus.

Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Some believers fail to be able to see the protection - as is prayed, "open their eyes" so that they might see the heavenly army of angels surrounding them. Also some believers think that by protection, nothing will ever happen to them - this is false doctrine - we are to count it a reward to suffer with Christ.

Does God really protect us? How? God protects us through all things when we call upon Him, trust in Him, believe on Him, and give thanks for all things. We are to praise him and thank him for all things - and this is loving protection. Today I learned what it really means, as one door closes another door opens: open doors are learning to see where God is working in your life or in the life of someone else and joining in with God according to His purpose and His will (not our own which is too often the case); and also seeing God in others! This is truly a blessing of protection!

WE BELIEVE AND KNOW THAT GOD GIVES US EVERLASTING LIFE... WE LIVE BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT...BECAUSE THEY ARE NON BELIEVERS.... GOD PROTECTS US WITH HIMSELF AND HIS ANGELS..

WE TRUST GOD TO EVERYTHING ..WE GIVE IT ALL TO GOD THAT HE WILL WORK OUT EVERYTHING FOR THE GOD FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM!!!!!

God is in control. There are many trials we need to go through, sometimes even death, but God has allowed them to happen for His greater plan. We don't lose our eternal life--just our bodies. We may not understand at the time & we don't need to--knowing God is in control. There are times in our lives where we have come close to death--but have been saved out of it perhaps by a certain event changing or even the angelic realm at work around us.

Some believers don't seem to be protected--but again--God is in control. We don't know why He has allowed some to suffer & some not to suffer. It is not ours to determine.

Yes, He is protecting us. Think back over your life. As I think back over my own life, I can see His fingerprints during the hard times, the sad times, the devastating times & yet, I am here. He has opened & closed doors. I have been protected--but not from everything. Those trials are for our growth sometimes.

The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Christians should not expect preferential treatment as we walk this earth simply because we wear a "I am a Christian" tag. God expects us to be purged of the sins that we accumulate during our lifetimes. He also needs us to be able to keep our fleshly desires under subjection and we can only learn to do that by going through the fire.

For New testatment believers, the Psalms are a place for us to go to as we war a spiritual warfare. We must call on Adonai to give us strength by the Holy Spirit to endure. It is by His Spirit that He is our shelter, He is our sword and shield, He is our strong tower. It is by prayer that He takes our burdens away. And it is by faith that we know all of this to be true.

1. Christians are not immune to accident, persecution or death, because God's word says that there is a time for everything--a time to die, a time to weep, etc... God is more concerned about our souls than our earthly bodies.

2. I believe that they are protected, but God is in control and He has his reasons for everything. Also, some believers seem to lose their faith and God has to remind them that they can do nothing without him.

3. I truly believe that God protects us, because of many personal experiences that I have had and I know that God was the only one who brought me through.

4. God pull us out of or warns us of many situations where we might have been injured or killed. Sometimes when we think that he is not answering our prayers and later on we find out that its a good thing he didn't answer a certain prayer. He always knows what's ahead in our future.

1. Christians are not immune to accident, persecution or death, because God's word says that there is a time for everything--a time to die, a time to weep, etc... God is more concerned about our souls than our earthly bodies.

2. I believe that they are protected, but God is in control and He has his reasons for everything. Also, some believers seem to lose their faith and God has to remind them that they can do nothing without him.

3. I truly believe that God protects us, because of many personal experiences that I have had and I know that God was the only one who brought me through.

4. God pull us out of or warns us of many situations where we might have been injured or killed. Sometimes when we think that he is not answering our prayers and later on we find out that its a good thing he didn't answer a certain prayer. He always knows what's ahead in our future.

Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?

* When we learn to live a spirit-filled life and we walk daily with Him, a confident's comes in understanding the love He has for us and how He has committed to take care of us. He has sworn to Himself and has made a covenant with us. The blood of Jesus and the name of Jesus is a trusted guarantee that He will never leave us or forsake us.

If we have gain these understandings of His love and protection, then it is easy to understand these psalms of protection.

The fear of life what ever it entails is taken out and no longer there, as the bible say's in Psalms 27," in whom shall I fear ( what shall I fear ).

The whole of it is in: KNOWING HIM, it's all about: TRUSTING HIM

Why don't some believers seem to be protected?

* They haven't gained a knowledge of who His is and they haven't built a living walking relationship with Him.

You must know Him, develop a walk with Him in order to trust Him and rely on Him. This what a spirit-filled life is, it's living more in the spirit where He is then living in the flesh where fear is.

If anyone out there isn't feeling this protection then examine you relationship with Him. Look at the past times you have needed that protection. Did you first turn to Him, did you turn to His word and find comfort, safety and a answer?

The fastest way to see and know His protection is to train your mind up to first turn to Him and go to His word and find what you need. If we live like this and we train ourselves in this manner then we gain the most trusted assured way of living in knowing He all ready knew and He is already there with you and most of the time we will see He has already taken care of it.

This is a spirit-filled walk with Him, it's the only way to live and it makes life much more easy to live with and deal with. You learn even to get along with others better and complaining seems to disappear.

Does God really protect us?

* Once again look to the past. Has He taken care of you or was it by chance you made it through. Have you ever been so sick and thought you might die and some how you made it through?

I can look back in my past when I wasn't in the relationship I am now in and see even then how He was there and how He save me, healed me and loved me.

Oh yea, He protects us or many of us may not be here and answering these questions or have the ability to answer them. Oh yea, My God Protects!

How?

* By His love, by His promises and His commitment to do so. He watches over us day and night, He has put His angels in charge of us and He sent His Son to die for us so we would have the Holy Spirit to come and be our Helper and our teacher to teach about Him, His Son and His divine love and protection.

He becomes our refuge, our strong tower, our deliverer, our Savior and so much more. If we dwell in Him and we trust in Him so many times when things come our way, we will see and learn how He does it........

Even Jesus - a man without sin - was persecuted and nailed on the cross to die. Who are we the sinful creatures? But having aid that, Jesus came to this world with a purpose - to wash all our sins by dying on the cross. He will be back on the Judgment Day. I believe we are with a mission to serve a purpose here too. And only God knows what, how and why. We walk in faith believing that God's protection is here for us on earth and in heaven. If a believer is harmed on earth - rest assured that his soul is set free on the judgment day.

Cheers

Sometimes God works through our faith to keep us from accidents ,sickness and death,but if allowing us to go through it would serve His purposes better then He will allow it. We can always count on Him to be there with us,praise God!

Some believers are not protected because of a lack of faith in what God can do but sometimes God does allow these things to work for our good and others.

Yes, God does really protect us because nothing can happen to us that does not go through Him first. And in all cases of a believer,our souls are protected,the evil one can't touch that. Praise the Lord!

:rolleyes:Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?

We don't always understand why we go through trials but we do know God's purpose is for our good if we use whatever happens for His glory. Our difficulties in life can be used to draw us closer to the Lord as we stay close to Him knowing He is always there to protect, comfort and keep us in His care. What a joy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

We don't always understand why some believers seems to have more trials than others. We just need to help each other grow closer to the Lord and know He will see us through any difficulties if we have faith in Him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Does God really protect us? How?

God does protect us as we use His strength to cope with trials and use them to grow closer to Him knowing He will never give us more to handle than we can deal with using His strength. Praise God in know that He is always in control even when we can't see it.

:P

I don't believe any Christian is immune to trouble but those that are victorious are full of faith in God and in his Word. Those that believe in his promises will overcome and triumph all adversity. Those that know that Jesus has already won, he is already victorious and that through faith we can overcome anything. If we didn't have trials how would we ever mature as Chrisitans, how would we ever become true to God if we lack in faith? I know that trials are hard but God is with us every step of the way, he protects us and he makes sure we come through them unharmed and safe. They can hurt the body but they can't touch the soul if it belongs to God. There will always be trouble but if you're a believer you know that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!

Some believers don't overcome trouble because they lack in faith, they haven't surrendered truly to God and they believe that they're in control and not that God is in control, and until they completely surrender and believe they won't grow as Chrisitans and they will remain thirsty and malnourished because of their lack of faith. There can be no shield of protection for those who are not true believers.

Does God really protect us? How?

Yes he is our protector, he keeps his Word, he keeps his promises and his word tells us that beyond this life is an everlasting life, a life of promise, a life with him forever and ever. A life like nothing we know, without trouble, without trials, without sadness, without crying, a life full of hope and promise a life that we will be with him forever.

Since the Fall of mankind we our destined for the world to break down around us, this includes sickness and disaster, but in all this is a master plan. It is for us to pray for protection, as we are mere humans feeble in comparison. We need to have faith that anything that does happen is for the greater plan. Our need for God in times of troubles brings us closer to Him and the need of the Father, we relise that He is our strength and refuge. Having God, all things fade in comparison, the victory already won, praise the Lord

I don't believe that any christian is completely protected from the evils of sin that is why James said count it all joy when you have over come temptations

2b.count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

as we move from one problem to the next if we continue to recognize that it is God helping us to over come them we grow our faith and continue to get stronger. I would never try an explain why some people seem to have more faith and blessings from God than other. I believe that it is God's sovern power and ability to elect those He will bless more than others. We must continue to allow our own faith to grow and not become jealous of the blessing of other but thankful that we to are Children of the Most High.

I believe that God protect the souls of His children not necessarly the body and sdripture says that it is through the spirit of Christ that He watches over us we are sealed with the Spirit till the day of redemption. This protection is eternal and not of this life but the one we are to spend in the presence of Christ.

1. In the scriptures God said that there is a time for everything--a time to die, a time to weep. He wants our inner spiritual filling rather than our earthly flesh.

2. God is in control of everything and He has every reasons for everything. He will always give us the very best of what we need. Though there were times, some believers seem to lose their faith when things doesn`t go their way so God has to remind us that He has the mighty power to overcome what we can`t do so that we need to put our trust in Him in all the ways that we do.

3. I truly believe that God protects us, because of our many personal experiences and trials that we have had and we know that he is the only one who brought us through.

4). God is the God of all power who knows what lies ahead of our future.

I think God loves me so much that I am protected from many things that if I didn't love and honor God which might befall me. I am not immune but I am protected from auto accidents, rape, murder and many others.

Christians are to take all things to their Father in Heaven. However, the Father's will be always come first. God's will may put me in harm's way and may end in my physical death as a witness or some variation of this. The point is life for the Christian is eternal. So it really doesn't matter if I live on this planet or in Heaven. What matters ultimately, is that God is protecting me from harm, death and destruction by His saving grace and love. We need to be focused on the big picture. Additionally, sometimes my will causes me to be in places spiritually or physically that God did not intend for me and I suffer the consequences of my own decisions. In order to develop us, sometimes we must suffer the consequences of Godless decisions we make. So, we shouldn't blame that on God.

Look at the smoker who continues to smoke even with severe health problems. I know people who smoke with major health problems and want God to heal them. Why would God heal them when they continue to do the very thing that is destroying their health? It doen't make sense. For God to be able to protect and heal us we must make decisions and life choices that are combatible with God's will for our lives.

Thus, some believers don't seem protected because they really don't have a relationship with God. they don't permit God to be their God and they suffer accordingly. Some wonder why? The bottomline is because God's word doesn't register with them. Their will prevails over God's will for their life.

God really protects just in the way Psalms 61, 91 and 121 say He does and will.

In this life we will have our trials, burdens and death because God rains on the just and the unjust, but we don't face them alone. This world is full of sin and then sometimes our faith gets weak. If we don't turn away from God he's there helping. Yes, God protects us because we have faith that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.

It's not just about this life and this body, it's about our souls. 1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. We have hope for an eternal life. Thank God.