JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances?

In the midst of trying circumstances it is difficult to praise because we focus on self and the problem instead of focusing on God who can turn our sadness into joy, our problems into victories. When we realize that it is God who will turn the circumstancs around for our good then we will begin to focus more on Him and less on the problems, then we will begin to praise.

How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

Praise ignites our faith, it turns our attitude to that of gratefulness and our motivation is empowered to give thanks, praise and worship to our God.

• 2 weeks later...
Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances? How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

Praise is difficult in the midst of trying circumstances because we focus on the feeling of fear about the future. We allow the darkness of our broken heart, doubts , pains and burdens weighed us down that we couldn`t see the glory of God.

Praise will strengthen our spirit up to speak God`s wod with boldness, to stir our heart to the voice of the Lord, to have the power to comprehend the love of Christ, to have a deeper sense of hope, the encouragement of togetherness in unity and harmony, to have a mind of discernment and strategic wisdom.

Praising will filter our attitude and emotion through God`s word, give us a divine opportunity to see our ugliness on how we choose to response them with peace and joy. It will motivate us to give thanks, worship and pray in spirit and in truth to come courageously in raising the banner of praise. It will lift up our voices in a cry of love, adoration and triumph that Jesus Christ sits on the throne of God who reigns forever.

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances? How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

( # 1 ) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circunstances?

Trouble, prayer, praise, Our faith will surely have its trials. When these things come we want to hide, sometimes we try to ignore them, at times we become depressed, after we go through all our different ways of trying to either fix or ignore the problems, because of our flesh for what ever is the area God is wanting our attention. Then we give up and go to the Rock who is Jesus Christ and cry out for help.

Psalm 1) " Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past."

The help of mercy is here keenly felt. A reiterated cry calls down its aid. In prayer and praise importunity can never be excessive. Sometimes answers are delayed that this sweet exercise may be prolonged. Abundant pleas enforce the soul's desires. Here confidence in God is urged. It is prevailing utterance, ' Help me, for in You is all my trust.'

Psalm 5 ) " Be exalted, O God, above the Heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth" Then a song of praise and worship shall come forth from our heart.

( # 2 ) How does praise affect our faith?

It strengthens, it increases, and it matures. We mature in trusting God and giving the problems to Him.

( # 3 ) Our attitude, our motivation.

We are filled with peace and joy knowing no matter what comes our way, we know to rest in the Great Creator in confidence. He will take care of us. In Gratitude and Thankfulness we will express a humble heart with humility in adoration and worship to the Most High God. The clouds will disappear and the Son will come through our attitudes and our motivations will be Christ inspired instead of ours. Praise God.

Trying circumstances can keep our eyes off of Jesus, as it were. I try to remember Peter sinking into the waves as he began to fear the wind (circumstances). Chosing to praise God rather than sink into fear strengthens my faith. It affirms that God is who I trust (not my own devices). My attitude is more hopeful, watchful and trustful. My motivation becomes obedience to God rather than seeking a "happy ending" of my own devices.

Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances? How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation?

1) It is hard to give praise in the midst of trying circumstances because our thought life is all about negative things. All we can think of are the consequences that we have to bare with. No matter how hard you can ignore it, you will still have to face your consequence. However, in the Bible says, we should give thanks at all times. In trying circumstances, we become depressed and do not have the positive attitude and start to loose faith on God and debating why would God allow such things to happen. Thus, praising God during trials may be difficult.

2) Praise can strengthen our faith towards Ogd.

3) By getting praised, our attitude towards that person will be better.

4) Praise is a good thing, thus our motivation will be stronger on serving God.

Praise in the midst of a trying circumstance becomes difficult because of the turmoil and stress that circumstance can cause with our mindset. The circumstance can become so overwhelming that it is constantly at the forefront of our mind and occupies our thoughts, pushing everything else aside, becoming the center around which everything revolves. This makes it very difficult to concentrate on praise.

The discipline of praise causes us to change our focus from self to the Master. It challenges us to actively control our attitude by remembering Who is really in control of all things.

BECAUSE WE ARE TOO FOCUSED ON OUR PROBLEMS ..INSTEAD OF GIVING IT TO GOD AND KNOWING IT IS TAKING CARE OF AND HE WILL WORK OUT EVERYTHING FOR THE GOOD!

WE SHOULD PRAISE GOD IN BADTIMES AND IN GOOD TIME ..IT IS OUR FAITH THAT MAKES US STRONG ...BECAUSE WHEN WE ARE HAVING THOSE BAD TIMES GOD WILL GET US THROUGH IT BUT WE HAVE ..TO BELIEVE!!

OUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE POSTIVE ...BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL!

OUR MOTIVATION IS GIVE IT TO GOD AND LET HIS WILL BE DONE!

We are selfcentred humans with emotions, we get brought down easily, stress and happenings wear us down and then praise is hard to do. When we get down, we need to be like David a bring it to the Lord, we need to praise Him for all He has done already and remember He is there through it all. Praise to God helps lift my spirit, helps me remember that our loving God is in control and everything happens for a reason, even trying times are there to build me up, for other things to come and helps to me remember its not all about me me me.

Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances?

We focus on the circumstances and not on God.

I have notes in my Bible by Philippians 1:12

1 Focus on Christ and not the circumstances. Live above the circumstances.

2. Focus on sovereignty of God not the will of man. Nothing can touch a believer until it penetrates the presence of God

3 Focus on the positive results not the personal pain.

This takes concentrated effort and work. It goes against human nature. Our enemy puts little thoughts into us such as you didn't deserve that or something isn't fair. We seem to enjoy our pain in that it satisfies our sin natures desire for revenge.

How does praise affect our faith? Our Attitude? Our motivation?

Praise expresses our faith. It gives us a positive attitude and motivates us to press on in the charge. It glorifies our Lord. That is what is man's chief end. So the problems we have although difficult are for His name to be glorified. Our Commander has allowed them and He is in control!!

Praise Him!! and Press On!!

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Often, in trying times, I become a pity party. It is difficult to give praise to God when I'm feeling so sorry for myself. I find that when I push through myself and give Him praise I start to become elevated. As I lift Him up, He lifts me up. I then feel His presence which builds my faith, changes my attitude from negative to positive and motivates me to press on toward the High calling.

We get caught up in self, and when self takesover we forget who are strength and powercomes from.If we keep Christ first place in our life we have noproblem with self and can remember to give God the praise He alone deserves as our provider. To be caught up in our problems makes us weak in faith and when we are weak in faith we can't praise God.

As we praise God we acknowledge that He alone is Lord and then our faith grows and we have renewed strength and our attitude is made better because we realize that God alone is our provider and in Him we need nothing. Our motivation then is more toward remembering that God is worthy of all our praise and in Him we have all our needs met in faith.

In the middle of trying circumstances, our emotions are running slipshod on everything in our life--we're being swallowed whole by our problems.

When we praise God we lift Him up, which in turn, lifts our spirits and our problems shrink. Our faith is increased, our attitude is more positive and our motivation becomes bringing glory to God instead of ourselves.

Praise is great when we are o0n the mountain tops, but in the valley is is like moving through thick syrup. I am going through months of pain until I have surgery on the 8th. The longer we are in pain chronic the "feeling" just doesn't connect. If you are around grumpy people you are likely to stay there. I have a group that is allowing me to be accountable so soon I turn from horribleness to seeing the blessings. Gartutide is sometimes an "as if thing" and soon life turns around. Praise God.

:rolleyes:

Q1. (Psalm 57)

In the midst of trying circumstances, we often focus too much on self and our own trials rather than turning to God to give praise for our blessings. When we do focus on God and His love and care, our difficulties often do not seem to so overpowering.

How does praise affect our faith?

I find the more I praise our precious Lord and Saviour the more I feel God's presence.

Our attitude?

My attitude is definitely changed to one of being grateful, loving and joyful as I praise God and focus on His love and control of my life

Our motivation?

Praise brings about a feeling of peace and joyful. These God-given emotions lead us to want to serve our Lord and to do this by living a righteous life and loving His children.

[/color]

* Because of our flesh, our doubt and our unbelief. We live in a natural man first and it takes learning to surpass this part of our self. We have to train our self up to run right to God, begin to pray and then find peace. Once we find our place of peace, then we call upon grace and in this grace we are able to take a stand against the enemy of our soul. Then we can praise Him! This can take 5 mins. or it take 5 days, some can take 5 yrs.

How does praise affect our faith?

* The more we praise Him and His mighty works and power, the more we gain peace and comfort in knowing His is everything we need. He can take care of what ever we need Him to take care of. Praise is a faith builder. Its set the foundation, builds walls around us, the roof covers us and the windows help us to see our problems, and because of our praise our doors are sealed with the blood of Jesus. We are protected due to the house faith built and the foundation of praise.

Our attitude?

* Praise puts us in the place of changing our attitude. It changes us from a negative one to a positive

one.

Our motivation?

* I have went from wanted to speak ugly over someone because they hurt me to blessing them and praying for them due to praising Him.

Praise changes a heart, a mind set, a live, an out come, creates a future and stops evil, etc.

I believe it is difficult to praise in the midst of trying circumstances becasue we have a tendency to focus on the problem than on God. One of Satan's tatic is to get our attention off of God and on self. We should center our attention on God's saving act. We have to put forth an effort to praise and pray to God regardless of the circumstances. God is the only one that can delliver us from our troubles. Praise put us in the position to trust and to remain faithful. God has kept us from the beginning. When our attitude change about a situation, then our action change. Praise put us in the right prospective.

1. When we are in the midst of trying circumstances, we are thinking about ourselves and since we are human and our flesh is weak. We forget to leave all of our issues in God's hands, who has the power to handle them all.

2. Praise increases our faith. The more we praise God, the more we get our mind off of our problems and increase our confidence in God.

3. Praise changes our attitude from confusion and doubt to faith and belief that there is nothing too hard for God.

4. We are motivated to put all of our trust in God. It increases our dependency on God and allows us to be more thankful for all that he has done.

When we are in the midst of troubling circumstances, we tend to focus on ourselves and not God's will. Our minds and hearts get filled with fear and doubt.

Praise affects our spirits by uplifting them and strengthens our resolve. Our attitude and motivation also is upifted when we praise God.

Q1. (Psalm 57) Why is praise difficult in the midst of trying circumstances? How does praise affect our faith? Our attitude? Our motivation

Praise is difficult in midst of trying circumstances because we tend to focus on the problem other than speaking well of the goodness of God and expressing our admiration.

Praises increases our faith because it shows our complete trust to Him alone.

To give praise during trying circumstances is so difficult because your mind and emotions are dwelling on the problems and it is hard to think of anything else.

Praise affects our faith by reminding us of what the Lord has done in the past and that increases our faith that He will bring us through these trying circumstances again.

Praise gives us an attitude of rest and trust in the Lord that He is in control and will watch over us.

Praise affects our motivation to trust in the Lord and rely upon Him and not to lean unto our own understanding.

Praise is difficult in trying circumstances because we become overwhelmed by what is going on in our lives.

Praise makes our faith stronger. It reminds us how great God is and what he is capable of doing. Praising God is like someone who is being tossed in a raging sea and then being anchored. It reminds us how good God is and gives us hope to go on.

It is often difficult to praise in the midst of trying circumstances because we tend to focus on our problems rather than committing them to the Lord.

Praise increases our faith. The more we are willing to give praise to God in the midst of our trials, the stronger our faith becomes.

Praise changes our attitude from one of fear and worry to one of joy and thanksgiving.

Praise motivates us to put our faith and trust in the Lord instead of dwelling on our problems.