JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 145

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

We know that God is omnipresence, and being reminded of this in the psalm is very reassuring. The Psalmist tells us that the Lord is near all those who call on him and again He watches over all who love Him. Another Psalm asks the rhetorical question, where can we go from his presence, behold He is there. In the midst of our every day situations and crisis, we are not alone. Anywhere and everywhere we go He is with us and watches over us.

Why is it important for "every creature," every human being, to praise him?

He is compassionate and loving to "every creature." We praise Hime in gratitude for His loving and caring for us.

What are you doing to help that happen?

Praising Him, unceasingly.

• 2 weeks later...
Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular? Why is it important for "every creature," every human being, to praise him? What are you doing to help that happen?

( Verse 15-18 ) ( Verses 19-20 ) " The eyes of all wait upon You; and You give them their food in due season. You open Your hand, and satisfy the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all His ways, and Holy in all His works. The Lord is near to all those who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."

All sustenance comes from His bountiful goodness. His open hands pours down plenteousness on earth. Holiness is His glourious attribute. Holiness is stamped on all His works. May the impress on our brow be, Holiness to the Lord! Precious is the thought that the ear nearest to us is the ear of our God, ever waiting to hear His Holy name forever and ever.

( Verses 19-21 ) " He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry, and will save them The Lord preserves all those who love Him; but all the wicked will He destroy. My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord and let all flesh bless His Holy Name forever."

Precious indeed is the promise that the desire of His servants shall be fulfilled. Salvation shall be their heritage. No Harm shall injure those who love Him .But the wicked shall be utterly consumed. May the concluding resolve be the inhabitant of our hearts! Let the universal blessings be ascribed to our Heavenly Father in Christ Jesus.

( Verses 10-12 ) " All Your works shall praise you, O Lord; and Your saints shall bless You. They shall speak of the Glory of Your Kingdom, and Talk of you power; to make known to the sons of men His mighty act, and the glorious majesty of His kingdom."

The saints delight in extolling the name of their glorious King. Superabundant is the theme presented by His dominion. His throne is universal empire. His scepter is unbounbed sway.

I am praiseing Him by telling those who do not know Jesus. By lifting up the name of Jesus to all Men He will lift me up before His Father in Heaven.

Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

It is really hard just to pick one or two that stick out. His faithfulness, His love and the way He supplies our every need stand out, but for me as I write this today I would have to say that which really stands out is that He fulfills our desires, hears our cry and saves us. His loving watch care and concern are truly amazing.

He is worthy of praise because of Who He is and What He has done for his creation. I love Psalm 148 and the call to praise it contains for all of creation. I especially like the way The Message interprets verse 13,

Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular? Why is it important for "every creature," every human being, to praise him? What are you doing to help that happen?

1) The faithful character of god mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to me in particular.

"13bThe LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.

14The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

15The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.

16You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

18The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

19He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

20The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. (145:13b-20)

The verbs and adjectives that he had used in the verses had clearly shown to us that how much he loves us.

2) It is important for every creature, every human being to praise him because it says "Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever." (Revelation 4:8-9) And it is God who is the creator of the universe, thus it is important to give thans for what he has made for us.

3) First of all, we need to examine ourself and see the many blessings that God has provided for us. We need to give thanks to the Lord and share the many blessings to everyone, so that others many know that God is powerful. I personally share the blessings, even the little ones, so that others many not take those for granted. However, we should also make sure we do take the opportunity of spreading the gospels to the unbelievers. So that everyone will get the chance to experience God's blessings and love.

THE LORD DOES EVERYTHING FOR US.

FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR US.

PRAYING TO HIM AND PRAISING HIM

His love and faithfullness are more meaningful to me than anything in the world. The fact that the Almighty can love me so that He would scarifice His only begotten for me is uncomprehensible to my feeble little mind. That He would never leave me or forsake me, no matter how much I mess up, is equally mind boggling.

Every creature, great and small does praise Yahweh, save mankind. It is most needful for us to praise Him as that is why creation exists. Everything around us and in us must glorify Him as we are His strength and power. By this I mean that by our adoration our God feels our love and is lifted up by it. When we fail to give Him His praise, we let Him down.

I praise Adonai as often as I can, whenever I can, externally and internally.

Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

"13b The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.

*14 The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

*15 The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.

*16 You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

*17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

*18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

*19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them

*20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. (145:13b-20)

* It is a declaration of praise and a call for "every creature" (NIV) or "all flesh" (literally, KJV, NRSV) to bless (bārak) Yahweh's name forever.

What are you doing to help that happen?

* By writing Psalms to share with the world.

* By sharing my thoughts and understanding of who He is

* By sharing how good and gracious He is and has been to me

The list can go on and on in my everyday life of how or why I serve Him, how I share about Him and understand how everything in my life is about Him.

I have built my world around Him, to glorify Him and to bow before HIm and praise. I know He is worthy and holy. There is no one like Him!

Exalt, extol,mighty acts. Every creature and every human must realize that God created all of this just for us because he loves us. That is one drop of all he does for us but just for that we should praise him. I walk the walk with my little mouth and light shine all for Jesus. I forgive and try to love everyone.

1. The faithfulness of God and His nearness to us. Having experienced some trying times where we realize that there is no where to go except to the Lord, we recall His faithfulness and how He has never let us down. We can therefore say with David that He is indeed faithful; we have tried and trusted that He never fails.

He is near to us, when we need someone to lean on, He is there. When we need understanding, He is there. When we need comfort, He is there. When we need to be cleansed, He is there. Since He created us, He has never turned His eye away form us, always watching over us.

2. He made all things, and there is nothing that was made without Him. We are reminded that in all things we must praise Him, what better to do than to acknowledge Him, and the only way to acknowledge Him is to praise Him, otherwise all else we would do would be to ask, ask ask. But with praise, we are aware of His creative power in the world.

3. In All things, give thanks, for that is His will for us. Whenever I meet with people, I inject praise into my greeting, God is Good, and that is why we are alive. Everywhere, I must let people know that I am grateful to God for His love, and so everywhere, every situation, I say God be praised, Even when it is most difficult to say so! :lol:

God's majesty is what stands out to me. I see it everywhere, in creation, in His acts towards us, in the contrast between human behavior and His, in nature. Just every where. HE IS MAJESTY!!

It is our duty and our great privilege to praise Him!

Not as much as I should. I pray and I talk to people about Jesus when opportunity presents itself. I try to live a life that praises Him.

God Bless you all!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

He is a Great God, unfathomable Greatness, the only one worthy of praise--praising the Glorious Splendor of His Majesty! Again, David mentions His Graciousness & Compassion.

Because He only is deserving of praise. Jesus told the Pharisees in the crowd that He would not rebuke the disciples for praising Him--He said that if they kept quiet the stones would cry out!

Choosing/willing to praise Him no matter what I feel at the time or what the circumstances are.

God is a great provider, He provides our gifts and talents to praise, He provides people and scripture to lift our head when we are down (vs 14), He provides His protection against evil (vs 20). We can not fathom Gods plan, He is greater than we can imagine and He is creator of all, therefore only He is worthy of praise. God wants to see His children grow, so I am slowly learning His ways, reading the word, lifting God and others up in prayer, being an active part in the body of the church and hopefully people I have contact with everyday are seeing a little of God shining through from me.

Q2. (Psalm 145) :rolleyes:

Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

The Lord

8The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

14The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down

I think that these three verses say it all for me, speaking of the compassion and mercy of God. How He will lift me up even when I fall and sin against Him He is there to hear my request for forgiveness and help me to continue to walk as He has ask me to do.

It is important to praise God because it reminds us who our creator is and keeps us in the right frame of mind and allows us to acknowledge all the things that the Father does for us.

I continue in the word daily. I pray without ceasing and try to live as I know that God the Father wants me to remembering the poor and the sick, giving as He prospers me.

1. His faithfulness to his promises. We need not worry whether He will keep His promises, because He always does in His own time.

2. Everyone creature should praise God because He is the one who created us and keeps us daily. He deserves all of the praise and worship.

3. I am trying to praise & worship Him more and more each day and telling others how they should do the same. He deserves all of the glory and the honor.

The aspect of God that stands out most to me is his character. As verse 3 of this Psalm says, "his greatness no one can fathom."

It's important to praise God because he deserves and desires our praise. We give God the sacrifice of praise, we show our appreciation for all he does by praising him, we commune with God when we praise him.

I've been blessed to teach Sunday School for the past 10 years and it is wonderful to see a child who doesn't know how to pray learn how to speak to God, to hear them thank God for their family and homes and to ask God to help other people.

The two characteristics of God that stand out to me are : He is full of compassion and slow to anger. I need both of those because I feel that I fail Him at times,more than I want to but I know also that i am growing.

It is important for every creature to praise God to make known Gos's mighty works to all people and his glorious majestic kingdom that is everlasting so they can be a part of it and not of the wicked whom God will destroy(verse 20).

I am trying to praise Him continually in all circumstances and through all my trials.

All the character mentioned in this Psalm 145, is of great important to me. It is my prayer that a time will come when all people will join together in recognizing and worshiping God. Because God is full of Love, He satisfies all who trust Him.

God is able to lift us up because:

- His greatness is beyond discovery,

- He does mighty acts for each generation,

- He is full of Majestic, glorious splendor,

- He does awe-inspiring deeds,

- He is righteous,

- He is kind, merciful, patient, and compassionate,

- He rules over an everlasting Kingdom,

- He is our source of all our daily needs,

- He is righteous and kind in all His dealings,

- He remains close to those who call to Him,

- He hears our cries and rescues us.

The aspects of God's character, mentioned in Psalm 145, that stand out to me are His compassion on all of His creation and the fact He watches over us.

It is important for "every creature", every human being to praise Him because God is Creator of all things and He deserves our worship.

I worship Him by going to Sunday School and church on sundays,trying to spend time each day reading the Bible, and finding something to give thanks for when I pray.

WHENEVER YOU NEED GOD HE IS THERE , HE WILL HELP YOU IN EVERY SITUATION .

BECAUSE HE IS HIGH AND VERY MIGHTY AND DESERVES ALL THE HONOR AND GLORY WE CAN GIVE HIM

DOING BIBLE STUDIES PRAYING TO HIM THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND NIGHT... SINGING PRAISE SONGS...GOING TO CHRUCH ..THANK HIM FOR LITTLE BLESSINGS AS MUCH AS THE BIGGER BLESSINGS..PRAISE HIM IN GOOD TIMES AS WELL AS BAD TIMES.

This psalm again shows of God's love and mercy towards us - His creation. I love the fact that God lifts us up and holds us in His care. He has done so much for us, you would think that it should be the other way around (us lifting Him up). We are important to Him and He takes the time to care for us, even though we don't deserve it. We aren't insignificant specks but important to the One who matters! We are called to give Him all the praise and glory that He deserves. God's greatness alone is worth praising - let alone all that He does for us.

We are constantly changing, in our minds etc, whether we want to or not. We can trust in the Lord and let Him change us for the better or do it in our own accord. Myself, I am trusting in the Most High God and have seen my faith change dramactically over the last 3 - 4 months - all the praise goes to God whom loves me! He has led me to praise and trust him in ways I never thought I would.

His praise is on my lips.