JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: He is considered equal to God or He would not be seated next to HIm. John 1:1 says "In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God and He was God." (New Living Translation)

What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

+ The Lamb of God sits on God the Fathers right hand. God and Jesus are One, yet separate. Jesus, the Lamb, spread out His arms, dying for all.

In John's vision, (5:9-14) to paraphrase: "in my vision I heard millions of angels singing a new song. All surrounded the throne. The saints prayers became jars of incense for the Lamb. All, those in heaven, on earth, and from the dead exclaimed: "The blessing, honor, glory and power belong to God, and to the Lamb, who is Jesus. All praise forever and ever, as the living creatures and elders worshipped....."

This study has been so wonderful - last week was a busy one and I hurried through it. I am gratified that I had enough time this week to study for this topic.

TO ALL: May each of you come away with a better understanding and appreciation of the sacrificial Lamb. I certainly have. Go with God, love, Omie aka Myrtle ;)

Christ is our eternal High Priest, The Son of God, and has sat down at the right hand of Our Heavely Father.

:o I just realized this is the last question in our studies, so I went to jesuswalk.com and found another study starting May 2, Grasp God's vision for our church and signed up. Hope to see you all there. :P

:wub: It tells us that Jesus is one member of the Trinity, the Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit existing separately but one. I must confess I do not entirely understand how it all works, but I do not have to. I have faith and that is enough for me. Jesus is God the Son, our Intercessor, our Savior. Without Him we would be lost. :( But He loved us so much that He came down from heaven to save us. :D Glory Glory. I plan to be a part of the Study starting on May 2.

The Lamb is worthy to be worshipped as part of the Trinity, equal to and in partnership with the One God, there from the beginning, witnessing creation, and will still be there at the parousia & eternally. Thank you so much for the chance to study "Behold the Lamb". I look forward to the next on line study.

If we use the analogy of feudal kingdoms with regards to the reign of the Lord over His people, the "one who sits on the throne" will be nothing less than the King himself. This denotes the Lord Himself who rules our hearts, our minds, and our lives. And we are aware of the fact that only those people whom the King trusts and loves are worthy enough to sit alongside him. This gives us an idea of how much the Lord regards His only son and how great was the cost that was paid for our salvation. Jesus is, in a manner of speaking, of "royal blood" and yet the Lord was willing to sacrifice His son in order to bring salvation to His people. Is there any other king who is willing to do that? Is there any other love greater than that? :rolleyes:

He is God, God the Son. Both are one. God has exalted Him, and God receive glory from it. He is worthy. He is owrthy of worship and praise.

What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14) :rolleyes: This tells us that Jesus, is God...second member of the Trinity. He is "one" with the Father. 1Tim.3:16 "And without controversy, great is the mystery of Godliness; God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of Angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into Glory" amen. Jesus desires our praise, & love; How can we not love, so great a Saviour? I want to thank all, who have encouraged me during this Bible study.....your letters have meant so much to me. I don't believe I have ever enjoyed a study, as much as I have this one....Learning more about our Lord, & making new friends! :) I too, have signed up for the new study, beginning in May, & am looking forward to "seeing" you again!...I love you all. :lol:

Q5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14) Exposition

The worship is directed toward both "that is,God the Father,but also to the Lamb.God has highly exalted Jesus Christ the Son.

God the Father receives glory from it too since the Father and the Son are "One".

Rev.5 teaches us that not only God the Father,but Jesus the Son is also to be worshipped and praised.

Gods love amazes me.

>You took my guilt ,you took my shame'and on the cross,you took away my pain.

By your strips I have been healed:

By your Blood my sins are washed away.

Oh your love amazes me,

That you would die upon calvary.

Oh your love amazes me,

That you would die for a sinner like me.

~~Amazes Me~~Amazes Me~~,Words by Charlie...~~I have enjoyed this class. Blessings Linda

In Genesis 1:26 God said "Let us make man in our image in our likeness. . . " (NIV). I am truly amazed by God's wonderful plan for us. He (Jesus the Lamb) was there at the beginning and came to earth as man to save us and take on all of our sins by dying on a cross - - all we have to do is believe.

I have leared a lot from this study and have already signed up for the next one.

May you all have a blessed Easter!

The Lamb is God-God the Son. God has exalted Him(the Lamb) so that every creature in heaven and earth will bow the knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. God the Father also receives glory because The Father and The Son are One.

5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14)

Paul answers this question much better than I ever could!

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. (Eph 1:18-23)

Jesus is co-equal with God and as scripture tells us, ALL power and authority is His. No one, unless they were absolutely pure, Holy and righteous could sit next to God. Only Jesus has ever accomplished this through the outpouring of His life for the World's sin. Now then, having a seat alongside God puts Jesus in the best place possible to intercede on our behalf (Hebrews 7:25) Oh that bit about Jesus being co-equal with God. Can you imagine yourself sat down in the presence of your boss or the Queen of England! Only those with the right to do so, and only then on invitation may they do so.

The really neat thing about this is as follows:

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Heb 4:14-16 :rolleyes:

I've just realised as well that this is the last study until after Easter. Soooooo, I pray that you all enjoy a wonderful time as we celebrate our Lord Jesus' victory over death and His atoning sacrifice on our behalf. This study will, I am sure, help me to see this celebration through clearer eyes and understanding. Thankyou everyone that emailed me with encouraging words. I look forward to sharing with you all in May on the next study. The really neat thing is, though we may all be thousands of miles apart, we are all part of the same body of Christ and as we worship in our own homes and fellowships this Easter, we can be conscious that we are worshipping Jesus our Saviour as one in the spirit. Love you all and pray God's blessings on you. :wub:

Q5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14)

The Lamb is worshipped alongside God, who sits on the throne. The Lamb refers to Jesus, the Son of God, who died that we might be free from sin. Our lives depend on Him, who has the power to set us free. As we praise Jesus, we also praise the Father who the has exalted Him. And as we praise the Father, we also praise Jesus who has brought us to the Father. :wub:

:rolleyes: The Lamb that is worshipped alongside "Him who sits on the throne" tells us that the Lamb is no creature. He is God - the Son of God - who is worthy to be praised and worshipped. He is Jesus, the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world... our Savior... our Redeemer. He is the One in which every knee will bow and tongue confess... Jesus is Lord!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!

HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED AND WORSHIPPED ALONGSIDE "HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE"!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14)

It tells me that Jesus in indeed God Himself. Since no one is to be worshipped BUT God (first commandment) then Jesus would have to be God or else the first commandment becomes void.) So, His status is that of God. (Though shalt have no God's before Jesus.) There is a verse in Revelation where Jesus warns the church that they have forgotten their first love .. this first love being Jesus.

What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14)

It tells us that Jesus must be equal to God (In fact He IS God) because no being deserves the same worship given to the Father except The Father Himself.

Jesus is our worthy, glorious, wonderful, praiseworthy, Lamb who is not only of God but who IS God.

Praise be to the Lamb!

• 2 weeks later...
Q5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14) Exposition

It tells us that Jesus Christ (the Lamb) is also God right next to God the Father. He is worthy of that praise and honor and glory and power.

• 10 months later...