JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Hallowed Be Your Name

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Matthew 6:9) What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father? What desecrates and besmirches it? How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

I'm working ahead, due to being gone for 2 weeks, and didn't want to miss this wonderful study!!! If you have a moment to pray, we are with family members who are all involved in a cult, until March 8th, and long to have opportunities to share our Lord with them. God bless you!

1) Our attitudes and reverence for our Father, demonstrate that we regard Him as our Holy God.

2)Callous or coarse phrases used in addressing Him desecrate the Holiness of His Name....those phrases used by those who don't know and revere Him, often as curse words..."Christ!" OMIGOD! etc. When we live in ways which don't honor Him, we can besmirch His Name, by misrepresenting Who He Is, to others.

3)We hallow our Father, in our hearts and words, adressing Him as He Is....Our Father, (Daddy), In Heaven....not our buddy and equal, but our loving Creator Who is Sovereign over our lives and all that exists, yet is still interested in every detail of our lives, and in being in intimate relationship with each of His children.

Q1. (Matthew 6:9) What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father? What desecrates and besmirches it? How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

This is often called the Lord's Prayer because Jesus gave it to the disciples, it can be a pattern for our prayers . We should praise God ,pray for His work in the world , pray for our daily needs and pray for help in our daily struggles .

The phrase, " OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN " endicates that God is not only Majestic and Holy, but also personal and loving.The first line of this model prayer is a statement of praise and a commitment to Hallow, and Honor God's Holy name. We can honor God's name by being careful to use it respectfully.If we use God's name lightly we aren't remembering God's Holiness

When I hear people call Him the "Man" upstairs It hurts my spirit, When they use "G, D' It is not honoring the creator of the universe. I feel even worse when I hear some so called christians say

O' "God" they just don't think, The Jews will not use the word "God " because it is so holy to them

God is some one we need to be very careful how we use His name and treat Him, He brought us into this world and He can take us out just as quickly. We need to read more on How He dealt with the Israelites in the wilderness.

I have many ways to address Him. Powerful Almighty God, Father, Awesome creator.

Our God sent His Son here to made Him known to mankind. And His Son will return for those who have respected God as the creator of the universe and this earth. He is great and mighty and is looking for those who will help build His kingdom on this earth. Our lives and our words must bring Glory and Honor to God. We are never to belittle His name in any form. The day will come when every idle word that comes forth from our lips will be judged, let us hope it will not be descrating the Great Almighty God but bringing Glory to Him.

The interesting thing about this prayer format is the first word Jesus uses, "Our". He doesn't use "My Father but "Our Father" indicating that we are all part of the family as brothers and sisters with God the head of the family.

The way we live with respect and love for others is a good way to show that we are dedicated to the LORD. If we are disobedient to God's word we show no honor at all for His name.

I used to think that "God" was a word I could pull out in times of need, then I began to read the bible and discovered a who He is. He is a loving, caring God who has provided everything we need including instructions. With His word he provided life and all that sustains life. Even when death entered because of our disobedience He provided life through His Son.

We all know John 3:16. That is God's prayer for us. But how many know 1 John 3:16. That is how he knows his prayer has been answered.

Darrell

In our lives when we pray to Jehovah, Holy/hallow is His name. and when you are worshiping, praising, or praying to Him, know in your hearts that He is Holy.

Our Father in heaven Holy is Your name.

I remember the standard my biological father applied concerning how his children were to behave themselves. He said, "Never do anything that would bring shame to the family name." It's my understanding that this example should be followed as Christians that our actions should never bring shame to our family name in all it's various forms. We are also to greatly revere God's name in all it's forms. When Christians use the work "God", it follows that we are referring to the Christian God. Therefore, using it in a exclamation is using it in vain and not in reverence.

When we pray, we should always show and say our great respect for our Father and His name as a first priority.

We honor God by our words, actions, and our heart. Also by the choices we make in life.

We dishonor his name when we use his name in vain..even the one word so many use"GOD"as a expression of surprise or when we are angry.

We should start each prayer with blessing for OUR FATHER who looks after each and everyone of us. We should remember he is the holy father to all of us.

I am sorry I have not anwered any of the questions for awhile. I have been ill and also my PC has not been working right. Glad to be back with you all.

Reverance is the key here. It is something that this era has to grasp onto. God's name has been used in vain, used as a swear word, used as an oath and although we can call him 'Abba 'we need to know who we are addressing. His many names inspire respect and reverance and no matter what he is God and that is who we are addressing. When we say our father it is recognising He is the Father of all. Hallowed be thy name acknowledges that he commands respect and honour. It is Who he is. What He is our 'Father' Where He is, is heaven.

When we live lives that give the Lord Glory and Honor and bring others to Him, when we use His name in a respectful way and always give Him the soverance that He alone deserves we hallow His name. We descreate it when we us it in disrespect and fail to show Him Honor. We should hallow His name in prayer using it in the most holy way giving Him Glory and Honor talking in awe of who He really is in our lives and how He is in total control. We need to remind our selves that He is the Father and we are His children made by Him in His very image and that only through His mercy and grace can we live to the eternal life that He has promised and has planned for those who give Him that horor.

Our lives & words should reflect the love & respect that we have for God.

Words and actions that are not befitting His Holy Name.

We need to pray with the fear of God--giving him the glory & honor due His name.

We should know that inall things we do we should Hallow the Name of Our Father letting ourselves and others know that HE is The Holy One. HE is all Holy! For HE is Our Father and HE deserves to be treated with all holiness. HE is divine and above anything we could ever imagine. We should always give Glory and Honor to Him. Praising and Worshipping Him for He is The Holy One, The Divine One, The Loving One, The Merciful One, The Forgiving One......We should always speak Holy of Him when we address Him not only in prayer but in all things. We are to never use His name unless we use it in reverence to Him.

The way we respect and cherish our relationship with God hallows His name. Saying God's name in anger, as a curse, desecrates it. I think our attitude of humility and love when we begin to pray hallows the Father.

the name of our father is great.we just dont have to call it any how.He is Holy ,we also have to be Holy.to do wrong things as christians desecrates it.we tell Him who He is.lifting Him up high and humbling ourselves befofe Him.

Q1. (Matthew 6:9)

What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father? What desecrates and besmirches it? How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

Our Father's name is holy and should only be used with reverence. To use God's name in a manner that does not give honor and glory to Him is to use His name in vain. We should "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray by speaking words and raising thoughts that glorify Him and show reverence for our Heavenly Father. It is a privilege to be allowed to speak His name and it should only be done with reverence and in awe of who He is--truly our Heavenly Lord and Father. :rolleyes:

What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father?

Our lives should be that which exalts the Lord and shows His glory and holiness to others. In everything we say and do our Father should be exalted. As Christians we are ca;;ed tp set pirse;ves a[art amd by doing this we are hallowing the name of our Father.

What desecrates and besmirches it?

When a Christian uses God's name in vain, as a swear word or common way. It is our responsibility to train our mouths.

How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

We should always exalt Him who is holy and when we begin to pray we should start with the adoration that the Lord our Father deserves.

WE SHOULD GIVE GOD THE ULTIMATE GLORY AND THE UTTER MOST RESPECT FOR WHO HE IS!

WE SHOULD NEVER EVER TAKE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN ..UNLESS IT IS SAID IN PRAYERS ..ANYHING ELSE IS JUST PLAIN SWEARING!!

GIVE HIM THE RESPECT HE DESERVES BECAUSE HE IS THE TRUTH WAY AND LIGHT... THE MOST HOLY ONE!

When we live our lives in the Spirit, that is not living to the **** of the flesh and the sinful lifestyle it creates, we are hallowing our lives. It is important to emphasize that we do not live in sin though we will all sin and fall short of the glory of God. The work of crucifying the flesh does make the difference. It is when we intentionally sin after coming to the Lord that we shame Him.

The way I consecrate myself in prayer is to confess that I am a sinner and ask for forgiveness.

By showing respect & honor, and by not using His Name in vain. By being reverent and exalting God as Our Father. Disrespect and using unworthy words desecrate it. Also using His Name in vain also does. We need to bow our heads and give praise to Our Father for all He does for us. Hallow His Name.

In to days world we Christians have taken the Name of the Lord just slightly. In our lives and words we really do not show that seriousness in keeping God

About our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father, our lives and words reverence it, we live and speak in a way that reverence it, we discipline our mouth and our heart to reverence it.

About our lives and words desecrating and besmirching it, our lives and words do not reflect that his name and he is holy, we misuse his name, we use his holy name in profane and common way.

When we begin to pray, we should "hallow" the Father in a way that not only shows our familiarity to him as our

What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father?

When we pray, we need to treat the name of God with reverence and respect. We should strive to live our life in such a way that it is pleasing to the Father.

What desecrates or besmirches it?

When we use God's name as a swear word. Whenever we use God's name in a profane or common way, we are debasing it.

By approaching God in prayer with reverence and respect for His greatness and holiness.

Q1. (Matthew 6:9) What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father?

I would hope that my language, my demeanor, my countenance of peace, my affection for others, my joyful exuberance about my new found life and the serenity that I feel, exudes to everyone, a sort of reflection of who He is in and through me, and that all this that makes up who I am now, would bring honor to His name.

What desecrates and besmirches it?

The person that I used to be before I was born again.

Begin by establishing in our mind that He is holy and He wants us to be holy before Him. We must cleanse ourselves of every sin before we enter His court. If there is any unforgiveness or bitterness, we must move into His presence and cleanse ourselves first. We can ask for example, "Father if there be any sin in me, please search it out and show me, so that I may come before You