JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Seeking First the Kingdom of God

• 2 months later...
Q4. (Matthew 6:33) What is the command in this verse? How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse? What is the promise found in this verse?

To "seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness", means to turn to God first for help, to fill your thoughts with His desires, to take His character for your pattern. Give Him first place in every area of your life. Of all the priorities of life, this is number one. The Kingdom is simply ( basileia ) in the Greek, meaning " Christ's Rule, the rule of God, the reign of God, the Dominion of God, The Kingdom of God" We should seek that which is eternal. According to (Matthew 6:10 )_ we are to pray " Thy Kingdom Come" We are to be lost in the Kingdom of God. He will give us all the other things.

Seeking the Kingdom also means that I seek Christ's rule to be manifest in my life. I seek the Kingdom of God to be revealed in my life as righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit ( Rom 14: 17 ). So when the world sees these things in my life instead of worry, it knows the Kingdom of God is in my life and heart. I can say, " I want people to be saved and I want to tell them all about Jesus." But if my life is marked by worry, anxiety, and concern, they will not believe I have anything they want. They are certainly going to question the power of God. The Kingdom of God is manifest in righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.--that overcomes worry.

We seek the Kingdom when we long for Jesus to return in His millennial glory. I can't get too excited about piling up stuff in this world because I am going to get it all for nothing when the kingdom comes. The Bible says that I will be a joint-heir with Christ ( Rom. 8:17 ), we will reign with Him forever and ever ( Rev.22:5 ), we will have a new heaven and a new earth throughout eternity and we will have all the majesty and riches of eternal heaven Why should I waste all my time stockpiling stuff when the whole earth is going to be destroyed and the Lord is going to make a new one?

• 3 weeks later...

Seek the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness means right now. Do it! This is to grow our relationship with our heavenly Father day by day. In so doing we feed the Holy Spirit and His kingdom grows within us. As this grows so grows our righteousness creating in us an amazing transformation from evil to good. Along the way we become responsible persons which brings material gain to us in order to survive. Oh how He loves you and me!

The command is to seek first the Kingdom of God & His righteousness.

We are to seek knowledge of Him, to grow, to get to know Him more intimately & plan for His return.

We are to work (He provides the job) and take care of our families, knowing He will be our Provider. Seek Him, not seek to elevate ourselves.

The promise is that all these things will be added unto you. He will provide our every need, spiritually & physically & more!

Q4. (Matthew 6:33) What is the command in this verse? How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse? What is the promise found in this verse?

That we seek God and His righteousness. We must put seeking God first before seeking after the necessities life, food and clotheing. The promise is that if we are faithful and continue to put God first then He will provide all the things necessary for our lives.

We are commanded to seek God and put His kingdom before seeking anything else - to put this desire ahead of all other desires. Seeking food and clothing should not be as important as seeking God and His kingdom. God has promised to take care of us,

"Seek first God's kingdom and His righteousness." We put God "first" in everything we do. God will provide everything you neeed according to His will if you you put Him first.

What is the command in this verse?

Seek first God's Kingdom

How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse?

We should be focused on God - devoting our time to Him. Studying His Word, spending time in prayer. We need to have Him as our first priority and not strive for worldly things first.

What is the promise found in this verse?

If we seek first God and His Kingdom those other things will be added to us.

My God shall supply all my needs.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness is the command. According to the verse, our seeking God differs from our seeking food and clothing because in seeking the Kingdom we are in effect seeking peace, righteousness and joy in the Holy Spirit (which is what the Kingdom of God is according to scripture)...all of which are eternal and food and clothing are temporal.

The promise found in the verse is that "all these things will be added" (by God, of course) when we seek first Him and His Kingdom... The world has it all "backward" ... many people toil and spin to "get the stuff" and then seek God when "it doesn't work out." If people would first seek Him, then all the "stuff" will be added....simple truth.

1)His command is to "Seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then alll these things taken together will be given you besides."

2)Ps. 27:8 says "Seek My Face (not my hand...implied), inquire for and require My presence as your vital need." He's saying, I believe, that as I first take care of His business while I work to earn a living, or serve in whatever He's leading me to do, then He will take care of me and my daily needs.

3)I love YWAM's phrase for stating this promise:"Where God leads, He feeds". Another way of saying it is: "What God ordains, He maintains." The implied result is, I can trust and be at peace emotionally, resting in His Promise to sustain my life.

The command in this verse is to seek God as the priority in our lives. Live each day keeping eternity in mind and not being caught up in the things of the world. If we do this, we will receive other things as well especially the fruit of righteousness which includes peace and joy. These gift are much more valuable than any of the "gift" of the world. :P

Seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness is the instruction given rather than to forage in the physical realm for the needs of the flesh. By seeking first God we often find that he reveals HIs plan for us and shows us how it will unfold in faith and trust. This is the promise He will meet the need - abundantly. It becomes the constant dialogue with Father - am I in your will.

Q4. (Matthew 6:33) What is the command in this verse? How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse? What is the promise found in this verse? :P

In this verse, Jesus tells us to seek God first. God is the giver of all good things including food, clothing, etc. However, the things of this world are not the most important things in our lives. God promises us if we seek Him first, we will know true peace and He will supply our other needs. Nothing in this world can take the place of knowing the joy and peace that comes from a close relationship with God. :blink:

The command is to Seek after. Go about looking for. We must look for things of God first, then everything else will come into focus. God will provide a way for all else that we need if we just put Him first. He is eternal , all other things are temporal and can be gone in the blink of the eye. God will never forsake you. If we seek God and His Righteousness foremost He will be sure to provide a way for all we have need of.

The command in Matthew 6:33 is that we are to "Seek First His Kingdom and His Righteousness. Which must differ from us seeking the primary needs such as food and clothing because God is our Sustainer. For without Him nothing is possible and only through Him are things possible. His promise to us is that if we seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness all these things will be provided to us.

Q4. (Matthew 6:33) What is the command in this verse? How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse? We have to get our priorities straight. First we are supposed to seek His kingdom, His rule in our life, His way of kingdom order. All of the reason for this is so that when we plan to attain His kingdom, we will already know how to live in it, by His rules in His kingdom. To live in His kingdom, we must become in the likeness, the character of who He is. It is like this: Jesus said: Luke 10:27

Q4. (Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.)What is the command in this verse? How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse?

The command is for us to first worship God, by seeking, endeavouring, to live a righteous life; a life showing the world, we are a child of His, we are clothed in His righteousness, not clothed in the things of this world and its worries.

What is the promise found in this verse?

All things shall be added unto us, heavenly things, and earthly things. Great promise indeed, and what for? endeavouring to love God Almighty.

:rolleyes:

The command in this verse is to seek God first. We are to seek God in spirit and truth through the Holy Spirit. God will then provide us with food and clothes but we have to make an effort, (do our part) to obtain it. We are to trust in God, come to him before anything else and he will provide for us.

Q4. (Matthew 6:33) What is the command in this verse? How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse? What is the promise found in this v

SEEK GOD IN EVERYTHING YOU DO ..WE MUST WORK AND GOD WILL PROVIDE ...HE WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR EVERY NEED!!!

Q4. (Matthew 6:33) What is the command in this verse?

The command in this verse is "Seek the Kingdom of God."

How must our seeking God differ from our seeking of food and clothing, according to this verse?

If we seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness, all these things will given to us as well.

What is the promise found in this verse.

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. :rolleyes:

Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness

When we seek Him,we shall not want,but when we seek food and clothing we shall want.

If we seek Him,all will be given automatically.

The command is to

The command in this verse is that we are to seek the kingdom of God first.

Our seeking God must differ from our seeking food and clothing in that God has to be our first priority.

The quest for God must be first and foremost,it must take priority over any personal needs.

The promise found in this verse is that if we seek the kingdom of God first,then we will receive our food,

clothing, and other material needs without having to ask for them.

The command in the verse is that we must seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. We must seek God first and then the rest, food and clothing will be added. This is God's promise that all things shall be added unto us.