JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. One Person Acting for the Group

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. What kinds of circumstances in modern life can you think of where a single person acts for an entire group? In what ways are members of the group tied to this person?

Examples of this would be Presidents decisions affecting the whole nation. ,Ceo's decisions affecting all employees on all levels. Father for the household. Judges interpreting laws. There are many many situations where one man decides the fate of other. Military leaders,Teachers etc.

The first group I think of is the family unit, where the head of household (intended to be the father) is ultimately responsible for decisions and actions that affect the entire family in business, financial, relational, and spiritual matters. I also think of my congregation, where our pastor makes the decisions regarding our focus, direction, and implementation of the gospel message. Then there would be a business owner, who charts a course, provides benefits, and sets the tone for integrity (or not) for the entire staff. A commander-in-chief makes decisions for the troops under his command and they have no say-so in the matter.

The members of any such groups are tied to the leader as those who share a family connection, a vision, goal, objective, or even an obligation. They are united under the leadership of that one person and dependent on it to function in a cohesive productive way. While our "success" may not have to totally rely on that leader's successes and failures, it is certainly linked and impacted by them. The leader of any group has great influence on whatever consequences the members experience, whether those be blessings or curses, victories or defeats, growth or stagnation. And the members of the group reflect back on the leadership by their conduct, attitudes, and choices. They also affect consequences for everyone else in their group (think of the one child who causes the whole class to stay in from recess - back in the old days! - because of misbehavior).

Q1. What kinds of circumstances in modern life can you think of where a single person acts for an entire group? In what ways are members of the group tied to this person?

1. Let's take the father's role in the home. His decision on how he works affects the home. If he makes low wages, his will family lack many things that otherwise they could have if he would educate himself in a way that would bring wealth to his family and home.

2. How ever this father responds to his efforts of working and the amount of money he gives to the household, everyone lives his life style. They live under his decisions, what he allows for food, clothing, health issues. He even controls the lights, the water, and the gas. If he pays it they have them, if he does not they are without.

The role of a father or a mother is the controling factor in a home. I know that there are many homes where there is someone acting as a parent, but the fact still remains that who ever leads the home in whatever fashion the dependents are at the mercy of their life style until they can add to the income to make it better or they move out to do it on their own in which they then become the head of their household.

The turn of a head can make or ruin a household or a nation!

I hadn't read Pickledilly's before I wrote mine so we are hearing the same thing here about the home. This is a tender matter to the Lord so He wants the message out concerning the family and the home. Young people listen to the voice of the Holy Spririt here. The way the home goes is the way a child will go. Train them up in the way they should go and that way is by the word of God first before yours. He loves us all and wants to see us live better and have the most.

family memebers are tied to each other. Nationed are tied to each other by laws, companies are tied to each other by management.

"In the name of all competitors, I promise we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the spirit of true sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams."

At the opening of the Olympic games when an athlete from the host country holds a corner of the Olympic flag and says these words, he or she is taking this oath on behalf of all the competing Olympic athletes. Likewise one Olympic judge takes an oath on behalf of all the Olympic officials and referees.

The members of each group, all the Olympic athletes and all the judges and referees, are tied to this person because he or she is one of them. What validity would there be if someone outside the group took the oath

[color="#000080]

Q1. 1. What kinds of circumstances in modern life can you think of where a single person acts for an entire group? 2. In what ways are members of the group tied to this person?

1. Country Leaders going to war.

Those on a spiritual pedestal may use may use their knowledge to skew the ideas of others in the group. If not in the spirit with

Q1. What kinds of circumstances in modern life can you think of where a single person acts for an entire group?

In what ways are members of the group tied to this person?

There are many circumstances where a single person acts for an entire group,

but the most important person that I can think of, is in the person of the Messiah,

He acted for an entire group of believers, showing, setting the example on how to live

righteously, in faith.

Presidents would run whole nations - they would be tied because people believe in there country.

Fathers or heads of households - It is there father he should be a role model.

Teachers - Children especialy need grown ups as they can't do things themselves.

Q1. What kinds of circumstances in modern life can you think of where a single person acts for an entire group?

Answer:

1) The headship of the Family belongs to the father. His decision influences the family specially when the children are still young. When the father is not a believer of Christ his decisions may be contrary to God's plan. It has tremendous impact on the social and spiritual development of the children.

2) The political leadership. For example the City Mayor. The City Mayor is charge to lead the City to prosperity. He can comply with the bureaucracy of the government but it doesn't mean he lead the city well.

3) The church leadership. The pastor, specially in small churches like ours usually decides some important and urgent issues. His leadership has a big impact on the direction of the church.

Answer:

The members tied to this person follows unless the order or the mismanagement is very obvious. Most of the time the effect of the leadership (good or bad) is not felt immediately.

There are a lot of circumstances in life where a single person acts for the entire group, and the rest were forced to follow through. For example, our pastor. There was a incident that took place among our members that was controversial to the entire group. The pastor chose to make that person leave based on his belief and even though I didn't agree with the decision, being a member, I had no choice but to follow along or not come back myself. Was it a "right" decision? Could it have been handled in another way? I think so. The same goes for our ladies Bible study group, one lady that attended was an alcoholic and sometimes came to the meetings 3 shades bent from the wind. She was told not to come back because she was disturbing the rest - I didn't agree with that either but what choice did I have but to agree or leave? I think that as Christians, in a case like this, someone should have stepped up to the plate (probably myself) and tried to help the woman, instead we chased her away so we wouldn't have to be bothered. I still feel bad about that.

In 2004, 1,028,000 Oregonians voted to change our constitution to define marriage as one man and one woman. Measure 36 passed by a substantial majority, and clearly affirmed Oregon's definition of marriage. Yet in 2007, 54 liberal legislators and our governor detoured around our Constitution to pass a domestic partnership bill, creating imitation marriage and violating the will of the people.

In 2007, the liberal members of our legislature and governor passed a bill that now grants special legal status to anyone who declares that they are homosexual, bisexual, or transgender. and thereby circumvented the will of the people.

Even though the governor has the right to do what he did as the governor, he shouldn

The Father, being the head of the family, is ultimately responsible for decision and action that impact on the financial needs, social and spiritual development of the children.

The whole family members are tied to Jesus Christ who will act for an entire group of believers, showing and setting the godly example on how to live righteously by faith in God.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Osama Bin Ladin who has created a named for himself and the Talaban. Our President since He is Republican makes mistakes or has sucesses that are given toall republicans as a group. When we belong to or are considered a part of a select group we are labled with the good or bad that the group does. It is often hard to accept being labled by some one else's mistakes but that is the way the world view is and relates to being apart of something.

Heads of households, mayors, town selectmen, ambassadors, world leaders, judges, congressmen, senators, airline pilots, investment land managers, religious leaders, teachers to name a few.

By birth, belief, elections, choices made, circumstances, jobs, default, customs and traditions, threats and intimidations and love and duty to name a few.

God Bless!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

There are enumerable examples of circumstances where a single person acts for an entire group but closest to me is the church. A pastor is supposed to be representative of Christ as a shepherd as the congregation is to a flock. It is therefore the pastor who is the voice of the flock and directs the flock to the Chief Shepherd.

This relationship is deeply spiritual and of great consequence to each member of the church. It effects not only on how we are to grow in the Lord but as to how we should conduct our lives both intimately and in the world. The pastor is then a lifeline to God and we are joined together in the spirit.

What kinds of circumstances in modern life can you think of where a single person acts for an entire group? In what ways are members of the group tied to this person?

In family situations, military acts, heads of groups, leaders in the church, etc.

In most circumstances the head/leader is the sacrificier or decision maker for all, and those beneath are very much relying on the head to have made the correct decision or action for the group. This actions and decisions will weigh heavily on how the others can act and choose for themselves; whether or not they come into agreement or divide.

This is a nice reflection on how Christ's decision has impacted our everyday existence.

I think of politicians, some of them have good agendas, but others do things just because of their selfishness, and at the end these actions harms people, after long time in the political system of that particular Country.

In modern day life, there are many examples in which one person represents, or acts for a group - for example, the foreman of a jury, the steward of a union shop, and government leaders - mayors of cities, governors of states, presidents of nations. In these examples, the representative is tied to the group he represents in differing degrees, that is he may or may not act as the group wishes him to act, and with varying degrees of opportunity and consequences for acting contrary to the group's wishes. For example, a jury foreman could not report a verdict opposite to that which the full jury came to.

There are generally two-way obligations between the group and the representative. In the case of a nation's leader - democratically elected - the leader is obligated to act according to the will of the majority, and the people are obligated to follow the leader into war if necessary.

There are several circumstances where a person acts for and entire group, just a few could be the President, the pastor of a church, a business manager, head of a household, a school principle, most of all, Jesus Christ. Others are tied to these people by their faith in them, their leadership, knowing they are trustworthy, being one with them as we are one in Jesus Christ. Letting God have control.

Right now, during this election time, Presidents, Governors, Mayors & School Superintendents come to mind. Heads of families are also in this group. Leaders of some religious sects also qualify here.

Members of these groups are tied by where they live, who their parents are and their allegiance to a particular sect.

People that I think of who are christians,choose what denomination in church unity.Pastors,Elders,and Leaders.It just takes one bad decission,and the church splits.

Presidents,Kings ,Queens all act for their countries,nations and so on.Whom ever pushes that red button acts for an entire group.You will either suffer or rejoice in whatever that one person acted upon.

Parents have to make decissions for their children as they grow up to an age they account for their own decissions.

Big companies have managers who make decissions in how the company should run.In our modern life the world turns on top decissions made by people.

Examples of a single person acting on behalf of others could be: heads of state, CEOs of companies, military leaders, the fathers of our families. There must be many more examples.

Members of groups can be tied legally, by birth, militarily, by employment, etc. Here again there are many other examples.