JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Doxology

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

We learn that He is King-that He is eternal and immortal. He is invisible, and He is the only One! Gloray!

I learn that God inhabits the praises of His children. I can feel His presence, and that makes me feel loved and it makes me feel special. But not to the point where I feel I'm better than anyone else. I can't put it into words-it's just marvelous, excellent, wonderful!

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

We learn that there is only one God and that He is forever God and we should honor and glorify him always.

We learn that God does inhabit our praises.

Yes I have and I've learned that when I'm praising Him I'm in His presents and it is TRULY a resting place. No bad thoughts, no worries...nothing. Just you and God.

It strengthen me and gives me peace knowing that my God is alive and is always with me!!!

Praising God and what He has done for us :-

1) acknowledges the Righteousness of Christ in our lives; and

2) it gives God permission to manifest His Goodness and His Mercies in our lives on a daily basis.

remember, we gave God permission to be saved; it does not stop there. speaking forth in agreement with His Word operates on the same principle as seed time and harvest time.

you know, He created everything (except Man - who was hand-made) by the power of His Word spoken forth in majesty and glory! and scientists today tell us that the universe is still growing...

the reverse is also true!

constant confessions of sin(s) fear(s), and worries about what dreadful doom tomorrow may bring? is an open invitation for the devil to enforce all that we fear (just look at what happened to Job).

therefore, fear is not only the opposite of faith - BUT the total rejection of His Word and goodness.

"if the Light in you is darkness; how great is that darkness.." matt 6:23

That is God is God, and there is no other! We need to do it more. We had someone get up and testify in church. They said that they felt like running around the sacuary and didn't. The pastor said you should of if you felt like it and the spirit moved you. So many times we hold back. I am not saying be disruptive. But if the spirit is moving and you know it go with it. I am going to do cartwheels when I get to Heaven and see Jesus! Well, you know what I mean. I am always saying amen praise the Lord or somethingelse during the sermon. We either really understand praise or we don't. As Christians do we really know how to worship!? I think if we went back and were able to sit in on the beginning of the church, we would be suprised. If Jesus stands in front of you are you going to just stand there? or will you fall to you knees?

We learn a number of things from this doxology

1Ti 1:17

(ASV) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

(ISV) Now to the King Eternal-the immortal, invisible, and only God-be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen.

(KJV+) NowG1161 unto theG3588 KingG935 eternal,G165 immortal,G862 invisible,G517 the onlyG3441 wiseG4680 God,G2316 be honourG5092 andG2532 gloryG1391 for ever and ever.G1519 G165 G165 Amen.G281

First we learn God is King...

βασιλεύς

basileus

bas-il-yooce'

Probably from G939 (through the notion of a foundation of power); a sovereign (abstractly, relatively or figuratively): - king.

God is called King here, as he is often in the Scriptures, to denote that he rules over the universe.

Eternal

ETER'NAL, a. [L. oeternus, composed of oevum and ternus, oeviternus, Varro. The origin of the last component part of the word is not obvious. It occurs in diuturnus, and seems to denote continuance.]

1. Without beginning or end of existence.

2. Without beginning of existence.

3. Without end of existence or duration; everlasting; endless; immortal.

4. Perpetual; ceaseless; continued without intermission.

5. Unchangeable; existing at all times without change; as eternal truth.

ETER'NAL, n. An appellation of God.

Now this is speaking of the king eternal... his dominion extends over all ages or generations not like man whos reign ends at death which will always happen

Immortal

IMMOR'TAL, a. [L. immortalis. See Mortal.]

1. Having no principle of alteration or corruption; exempt from death; having life or being that shall never end; as an immortal soul.

2. Never ending; everlasting; continual.

3. Perpetual; having unlimited existence.

4. Destined to live in all the ages of this world; imperishable; as immortal fame.

This refers to God himself, not to his reign. It means that he does not die, and it is given to him to distinguish him from other sovereigns. All other monarchs but God expire - and are just as liable to die at any moment as any other people.

Invisable

ἀόρατος

aoratos

ah-or'-at-os

(as a negative particle) invisible: - invisible (thing).

The only God

μόνος

monos

mon'-os

remaining, that is, sole or single; by implication mere: - alone, only, by themselves.

We should remember that God is the only thing that is worthy of praise and we should be doing this at all times. This message I feel is speaking directly to me as I have come lately to the decision that my prayer life is lacking and I believe that the one thing missing is strong words of praise and where else can i find these but in the word of God. It is my longing to add this to my regular prayer life. I believe this helps to put you in a place of worship, helps you to speak words that otherwise you may find hard to find and just all in all brings you closer in a conversation of worship to the Lord. I know He does not need fancy words but I believe it will help me focus on my praise. God gave us these for a reason.

1: 17 Such grace prompted Paul to glorify God in this brief doxology. God is the

King of the ages (sovereign), immortal (eternal), invisible (spiritual), and

The only God (unique). To Him belong all honour and glory eternally.

"Amen" means, "So is it." The Christians often uttered this word out loud in their meetings, as did the Jews in their synagogues.

Pax

When I begin to praise and glorify the Lord... I become very blessed. There is a joy that rises up within me as He is magnified my situation and problems are minimized.

Praise the Lord God almighty.. Creator of Heaven and Earth. Nothing is impossible to those that believe.

:lol:

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology?

His magnitude, character (integrity), omnipotence, authority - the great I AM.

What do we learn about praise?

Praise is eternal (forever and ever), God inhabits the praises of His people (Ps 22:3 & Ps 117:1)

Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time?

Yes, doxologies and the promises straight from the Word - God is faithful and will bring to completion the work He has started in you. My favourite doxology is:

Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

Strengthens our faith in God the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit, a positive input into our lives.

I wonder why we decide that "King" means the Father. I'm not being disrepectful, I'm just wondering.

The verses immediately preceding speaks of Jesus Christ coming into the world to save sinners, of Him demonstrating His perfect patience and of His granted eternal life to those who "believe in Him". It's all about Christ.

So why the switch in the next verse?

I read all these names and think they apply equally to the Son --

King -- yes, He rules. God the Father has given that to Him -- He will reign on the throne of David forever and ever. He is the Prince of peace, and the One who comes in power and might to set up His kingdom.

He is my Lord now, but one day "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (phil. 2)

"My Kingdom is not of this world" (spoken to Pilate) But Jesus does have a Kingdom. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

He is eternal -- "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

He is the same yesterday today and forever.

He is immortal -- the only Begotten of the Father. If you've seen Me you've seen the Father. He is the true Light, that coming into the world, illumines every man.

He is invisible. Though we do not see Him we love Him -- and one day we will see Him face to face. That will be wondrous to me. And though He is now invisible, He has graciously left us His Spirit to teach us and guide us into all Truth.

He is the only God -- "I and My Father are One."

"... and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He shall be called Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of David and over His Kingdom." (Is. 9:6-7)

No wonder we fall flat on our faces as did Isaiah and John on Patmos -- we serve an infinitely glorious God, revealed in His Son and worthy of all praise and adoration.

Amen and Amen

From this doxology God is described as king, eternal, immortal, invisible, and he is to be honor and given glory for ever and ever. During personal prayer time speaking a doxology bring a flood of emotions as you reflect on this enormous God that has given you the opportunity to enter into His presence and to praise Him. In this place you are caught up in the moment and desire to remain in such sweet experience as God embraces you and reminds you of His ever presence.

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? Paul affirms his faith in thanksgiving to Jesus for where He has brought him from to where He is now by the sheer grace and mercy of Christ Jesus.

What do we learn about praise? That only God is worthy of our praise because He is the One who transforms us.

Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? O Yes.

What effect does a doxology have on the speaker? It reaffirms and exhorts my faith to remember who i am in His eyes.

That God and Christ are King, they are Eternal. Immortal, Invisable and the only God. They are worthy of Praise, Honor, and Glory and we should never fail, but make it a pratice to show them that we know and respect who they are and we love to Honor and Praise them. I use it daily it helps put you in relationship with God by letting your self know that you are the one who is seeking to be saved and God is the means to that. He is our Father and worthy of all respect and Honor.

This noble doxology is a burst of gratitude for God's grace.

This is an affectionate thanksgiving unto God. "The sense of the afore named unspeakable mercy calleth up my soul to speak with joy the praises of our God, who is eternal, immortal, and invisible, the only God, absolutely wise, over angels and all creatures: to him be honour and glory, for ever and ever."

God alone is wothy our Praises.

Q3. (1Timothy 1:17)

What do we learn about God from this doxology?

Our God is eternal, having no beginning or end. He knows all things past, present and future. He is incorruptible or imperishable. He is also invisible; will never be seen by our eyes, yet God still shows Himself to us through visible, created things. Such a God is the

"NOW TO THE KING ETERNAL, IMORTAL, INVISIBLE, THE ONLY GOD, BE HONOR AND GLORY FOR EVER AND EVER. AMEN".

From this doxology we learn that God is the One and Only. He is exalted, eternal, magnificent and worthy of our praise.

Praise is the only thing God doesn't do for Himself, but when we praise Him, He enters into our praise, enabling us to go higher and higher. We learn that to praise God pleases Him and also lifts us to great heights.

Yes, I have often spoken and sung doxology in my personal prayer and praise time. Not only those written in the bible, but words given me by God that come bubbling up from deep within me.

It has a wonderful effect on me and fills me with the Holy Spirit.

Love and blessings from Greta

From Paul's doxology, we learn that God is eternal, everliving, glorious, honorable, invisible, and the true God among idols. We learn that it is wonderful to pray.

I try to praise God aloud every day, at least once a day. I feel closer to God for recognising Him, and feel it important to do so.

God is all in all. He is everything that God must be and only He is worthy of our praise.

The doxologies are a wonderful teaching on how we should praise Him and I found that reading the referenced verses out loud gave me an unexpected uplifting of my soul. A blessing indeed!

Charlene1956 [ It reaffirms that God is forever and worthy of our praise. Verbal praise is powerful. God's word is powerful. I often praise him in Psalms out loud or just praise him from my own heart. Our Lord is awesome, wonderful, worthy of all praise. To God be the GLORY! Often, verbal praise brings me to tears or laughter. The power of the Holy spirit moves in verbal praise.

In this doxology we learn that God is eternal, immortal, invisible and the only God, Praise is your way of acknowledging your thoughts of who or what God is and has done:i never tried doxology but i will now, It puts you in a state of reverence for all that god is in your life

From Paul's doxology, we learn that God is eternal, everliving, glorious, honorable, invisible, and the true God among idols. We learn that it is wonderful to pray.

I try to praise God aloud every day, at least once a day. I feel closer to God for recognising Him, and feel it important to do so.

Me too. Often on the way to work I praise him and thank him for the beauty around me. I live in east Tennessee and there is so much to praise him for when I look around me. The mountains are God's creation and there are days when the sun is hitting the valleys just so......Glory!. Or when the sun shines through the clouds in beams that shine down on the mountains. How can anyone see the beauty that God gave us and NOT praise him?

We were "created" to worship God. We were "shaped" in God's image. Praise is who we are and praise is what we do. In everything, we should give praise and honor to God. He is "God" and their is none like him.

I use doxology quite often. I have learned that when I speak or pray God's words over my situation. I am guaranteed to get the results that he desire. I practice using doxolgy all the time.