JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Assurance

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (1 John 2:1-2) What assurance does John give us if we do sin? How does this comfort us? How does it make us want to avoid sin?

That we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ will stand in the gap, he will plead our cause with God. Because we are human we know we will fall into sin, but we can be comforted in knowing that Jesus gives us a way to climb out of our sinful lives. Like a child who wants to please his parents out of love, so do we desire to please our heavenly Father.

What assurance does John give us if we do sin?

Jesus absorbed the wrath of God against us the wrenched sinner. Jesus paid our fine before the righteous judge (God the Father)

We are guilty but we are free because of what Jesus did on the cross.

How does this comfort us?

I am righteous before God the Father.

How does it make us want to avoid sin?

O what a price Christ paid for me, I just want to love Him and that love produces holiness.

If we do sin, we have an advocate in Jesus interceding with the Father on our behalf. This is comforting because there is One who is sinless who is representing me. It makes me not want to sin because my Intercessor has already paid the ultimate price on my behalf.

my god will always be there for me,if i sin i know god didnt give up on me,but i know right from wrong,and we are not perfect.

we are his children and we will have the faith of gods words to guide us through our problems.

me, i have my fellowship to help me.we christians needs to help others that have little faith and we can bring them closer to gd.

Q4. (1 John 2:1-2) What assurance does John give us if we do sin?

Jesus will always be there to intercede for us. He will reconcile us back to God Our Father.

It is comforting to be assured of God's unconditional love.

Knowing that God loves us so much and it hurts Him when we sin, so we should try our level best not to sin.

If we do sin, John tells us that we have an advocate, Jesus Christ, He will mediate on our behalf. Jesus appears as a spokesmen before the Father for the sinners.

We are comforted in knowing that Christ who has already paid the price for our redemption also secures our forgiveness.

When we say we love God we want to do what He says and diligently endeavour to resist the temptation to sin.

Q4. (1 John 2:1-2) What assurance does John give us if we do sin? How does this comfort us? How does it make us want to avoid sin?

John assures us that we are loved "my dear children", and that because Jesus loves us (the whole world) he has taken our sins upon himself and justified us before the Father. It is comforting to know we are loved. That God loved us at our worst, and not only that but was willing to stand up for us when we did not deserve it. To not then attempt to avoid sin, is to make a mockery of all that God has done for us.

Jesus is our Advocate (spokesperson)to the Father. Jesus is always pleading to the Father on our behalf.

It is comforting to know that Jesus is always pleading to the Father for us. Being forgiven comforts me.

God's unconditional love makes you want to live a clean and sinfree life. Although, we may still sin we strive to be obedient to the Father.

Jesus loved us so much, that he died on the cross, he took all our sins and paid for them. That is why as true Christians we do not want him to have died in vain. this encourages us to try and lead a sinless life. It is impossible for us as humans not to sin, but we have been given the assurance that We are loved, and Jesus stands with us in front of The Father. Therefore we want to try and avoid sin,and be able to walk joyfully with God

John makes it very clear, God does not condone sin, so we are not to intentionally sin and expect forgiveness

God promises that Jesus will be our Defense Lawyer! He pleads for us to God the Father & He has not lost one single trial!! He not only stands up for us, for died for us--paying what we owed because of our sin.

Unlike some human relationships, sin does not have to separate forever. If we are His, He will forgive us. Praise Him!

I want to please my Father. I want to be used of Him. I want to be a ready vessel for Him and not break our fellowship. I CHOOSE not to sin. But if I do, I know I can confess to Him & He will give me the power to overcome!

He tells us that Jesus is our advocate and He is defending us before the Father. He is our high priest making intercession on our behalf. We can know that we have a righteous God and He will be just and forgive our sin as John has already stated. We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and burn to live as Christ and be His Disciples here and seek to please Him.

I believe God is merciful, full of gentleness and compassion, and with Jesus Christ who died on the cross to save us,

we are then assured that once we fall down to sin, we must get up and ask forgiveness, for the Lord Jesus was sent to heal

the contrite. If Jesus is our friend and savior we don't like to offend him. In other word we don't like to spoil ourselves of sinfulness.

Our assurance is Jesus Christ but not only for our sins but for the people of the whole world. For me it reassures me that even though Christ had to put his own life on the line for us and pay the ultimate price of dying so someone else doesn't have to make me well appreciated of his unconditionall love that He really has for us. Without HIm we would be nothing. Just take a minute to close your eyes. Imagine that you're there in the time of Jesus. Following Him and listening to Him preach and watching Him pray. It gives me chills just to know that people actually saw Jesus, and what He was capable of. Having them look into His eyes and know that he was full of truth. To avoid sin we as christians ned to stay focus on his face and look stright into His eyes. Always stay in the word and pray everyday not when things aren't going our way.

These verses might give someone leave to sin b/c Jesus is there to plea for us and He has already covered that sin...but those of us who know what this is really saying are so grateful to the Father and the Son for their love, mercy and grace.

Jesus did die for the world's sins...but this sacrifice was a gift given to everyone who will accept the gift. Those who won't reach out, who are dull of hearing and refuse the truth of Jesus will die in their sins.

This is a simple instruction to us all. We all sin daily by omission or commision and when confessed, these sins are forgiven, covered by His blood. But if we choose to live a "life of sin", we have become that "dull of hearing" person. Beware!

What an assurance to have that when the weak wordly man within sins we have an advocate in Jesus Christ our Saviour who pleads our case before our heavenly Father.

If that is not Love..what is.

Guilty vile and helpless we..Spotless Lamb of God is He

What a comfort..What a Saviour

The assurance John gives us if we do sin is that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness...and He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sin when we confess it to Him. It comforts us to know that we can be forgiven of our sins, because as human beings, we sin...plain and simple...it is something we will continue to fight against. It makes us want to avoid sinning, because in Christ, He has already won the victory over sin. We have the ability to become overcomers...it is our choice to yield unto the Holy Spirit and avoid sin because we love God.

We are new persons in Christ. We died with him on the Cross and we rose with Him. He went to the Cross to atone for my sin. That day 2000 years ago I died too. He knew perfectly what was required for me to be restored to relationship with God. And, when He rose again, I was raised also...

In this sense I am now literally in Christ. God sees only His beloved Son when He sees me now. It is truly a comfort to know that Jesus' sacraficial death is effective, complete and perfect. When John proclaims my advocacy before God rests with Jesus Christ I am awed and convicted of the miracle that is my transformation from sinner to saint.

When we do sin, we are assured God will forgive us if we confess. This is a comfort to know we have a loving Father who is forgiving. To know we have such a caring and loving God makes us who love God want to please and glorify Him and thus avoid sin. It should also make us forgiving of our brothers and sisters when they sin against us because we need to forgive just as God forgives us. The battle against the world and its values will be a constant struggle but even when we do stray, we know we have a loving Father who will give us strength when we repent and strive to serve Him. rolleyes.gif

Our assurance is that Jesus Christ is our advocate with the Father in heaven. The Righteous One is interceding on my behalf before holy, glorious Father God! As my one-and-only sacrifice atonement for sin, He is conciliating to avert the wrath of God against my unholiness and transgression. And He has made this reconciliation for the whole world, ever at work to call all to this forgiveness and redemption. This reconciliation is based on His perfection and complete defeat of sin.

What security! This is not something I have to strive for or try to be capable of. Jesus alone is Righteous and He alone can offer such intercession for me. That He is doing so is humbling when I let it sink in. It embarrasses me that He has to argue the case for this ungrateful, wretched little sinner over and over again. I want to bring more honor than that to Him by walking more closely in the victory He has gained for me. More of Him and less of me!